Spring East Texas Round Up TRADES LIST

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Sure Karen, I will bring some elephant garlic for you.
Josephine.

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Josephine! Please let me know what you'd like from my list.

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

OK, that does it. I have to get a count of stuff and get my list updated, I have to have some of that peach Oleander from WillisTxGarden

I will find something to trade for it! I am drooling, and trust me, that ain't something that happens every day.

LOL!

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh I know I haven't put up a list yet but could I get some of the peach oleander????
the one I bought last year by Dh decided to burn a stump near by and he fried it it is not coming back :((

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I should be able to get enough peach oleander cuttings to provide for each of you - Karen, Maggi & Phyllis ! Happy to do so!

Got you down for the C.rose hibiscus too, Karen! I thought I had a closeup of the flower,...but I guess I misfiled it...I do have a pic that will give you an idea, anyway! You do know that they can become a "tree" if you desire?

Lee

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Maggidew (Maggi) - may I have one of the Variegated Butterbur and some of the Fragaria- Strawberry? Thanks!! Lee

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Charlene - I believe I gave you some of the peach oleander cuttings last year at the CS RU ( along w/red,pink & white - if I recall correctly)
Did they "take" root for you OK? Lee

WillisTxGarden that reminds me, I gave Charlene rooted cuttings of red, white, pink and hot pink Oleander at the East Texas RU last October. Charlene are you hoping to cover a large area with them?

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks Willis!!!!!

I'll take any I can get as I would like to put them around the front yard

I just added African Mask Plant to my want list....does anyone happen to have a piece and can they be in ground in the summer?

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is a start of my list. Will add more later....
Tomato Plants
Roma

Shrubs/Trees
Morning Glory Bush- lavender- Karen
China Berry

Mother-in-laws tonge
Red Amaryllis 3
Orange Daylily 6
Iris albicans
Purple Iris
Mexican Petunia- Tall Purple

Canna's are all spoke for
City Of portland 2
Crimson Beauty Gone AJNTEXAS, Patrob
Dawn Pink- Gone-- Texasgrower
Firebird Gone AJNTEXAS, Patrob
Lenape AJNTEXAS
Orange Beauty AJNTEXAS
Primrose Yellow AJNTEXAS
Richard Wallace AJNTEXAS
Scarlet Wave AJNTEXAS
Tangelo Gone- AJNTEXAS

Seedlings
Hibiscus Luna 1
Hardey White Hibiscus 1
White Texas Star Hibiscus 3
Pride of Barbados 1
Datura Triple White 10
White Datura 4
Ballerina Datura 3
Lavender Stripe Datura 1
Bower Vine 3
Mandevilla Laxa 6
Seashore Mallow 1
Burgandy Castor Bean 1
Green Leaf/Red Stem Castor Bean 1

Crafts
Painted Terra Cotta Pots- Texasgrower, sweezel
Church Birdhouses- Karen, dmj1218, beck5711, sweezel, darkmoondreamer
Wind Chimes- dmj1218, sweezel

Looking for Other Canna's that I do not have
Rooted roses or rose cuttings
Lavender
Hosta
Brugs
Hoya's
Daylilies
Passion vines
Iris
Ginger's
Herbs
Fruit trees
Banana Trees
Grape vine
Berry Plants
And all sorts of other things.....

Please let me know if I missed your name...

This message was edited Feb 25, 2009 9:21 PM

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 1:42 PM

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 11:38 PM

This message was edited Apr 2, 2009 8:58 PM

This message was edited Apr 13, 2009 8:20 PM

This message was edited May 12, 2009 6:53 PM

This message was edited May 14, 2009 9:20 PM

Ooh TrishAnn, Morning Glory Bush is on my wants list. may I have one? Please let me know what you'd like from my list.

O.K. Everybody, i finally posted my list, please check it out and let me know what you would like.
I may add to it later.
Josephine.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6089031

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

frostweed could I have the Roughleaf Dogwood? I am sure I could come up with something you would like.

I am thinking Josephine wants native plants. I think we can find a few here and there :~)

Yes Kenboy the Roughleat dogwood is yours.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are right Maggi I have a passion for Texas Native plants, and would like to have as large a collection as possible, so I am having to cut down on non natives, except for a few indispensables.
Josephine.

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

TrishAnn, I am still working on my list. I have so many plants now to plant I may have to refrain from swapping plants for plants. I would like a painted terra cotta pot though. I love the unique. I have cannas that are called Pretty Angel Pink. It is a dwarf and kind of shrimpy pink in color, very pretty. I also have a RubileneXPeanut brug seedling if you'd rather. I don't know how big it will be in May. I also might have a few others left over to choose from after passing out my cuttings to family. That will be in April. So I could let you know then.

Thanks, Jeanne

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Jeanne,
I would love to have the Rubilene X Peanut.... Would also love to have Pretty Angel Pink Canna. I have Dawn Pink Canna that I can trade you or Vanilla Ice Canna....
Trishann

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Frostweed- I would like a Artemisia PC and a Roughleaf dogwood.
I think I will have lots of East Texas natives for you but I am not great at names. I do have beauty berry and another similar plant. This one grows much smaller, Has a lacy lighter green leaves and bright pinkish berries.
I am listing you guys wants from me and will save for you. I will get me list up soon. Lots going on for me right now.
DD

Frostweed - we have these natives that I know of and I can take my book out to the garden and beyond and look for more stuff.

Fringeleaf wild petunia
http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=ruhu

Scarlet Buckeye, Red buckeye - GONE to frostweed (?) and WillisTxGarden
http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=AEPA

Lyreleaf sage
http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=SALY2

Coral Bean -GONE to frostweed
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/nativeshrubs/erythrinaherbace.htm

Coralberry - this may be what DdeTex has too
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/nativeshrubs/symphoricarposorbic.htm

Of course we also have a number of Nandinas and Yaupons and have a place real close where we can get the Dwarf Palmetto
http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=SAMI8

This message was edited Feb 27, 2009 8:58 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Oops wrong RU!

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 8:43 AM

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

TrishAnn, I have your name on the Rubilene cross seedling. Also a couple of Pretty Angel Pink cannas. I just bought some Vanilla Ice off the canna co-op. But I'd take a Dawn Pink. Do you still have painted pots?

Maggie, may I have a Coral bean or two? I love those.
What would you like from my list?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DD, you have the Artemisia and the Roughleaf dogwood.
Josephine.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen, and Lee, I had a shelf turn over and dump the oleanders and their names. So, I don't know what or which or who gave what. I repotted them sans the nametags. I just know I have some nice looking ones growing. The spill didn't injure them, it just caused them to become unknowns.

Lee, my guess is that the cuttings may not have made it. The morning after the RU I had to put dd in the hospital. We had an unexpected early frost and it nipped pretty much everything it could get to. I had not unpacked anything any further than the driveway at that time. I don't remember specifics, but most things bounced back after being treated to the cozy gh. I know I lost all of the brug cuttings except one. I don't remember if the oleander cuttings were damaged, but I figure the odds are pretty good that they were.

The oleanders that Karen sent didn't miss a lick somehow and are doing very well. Karen had them well rooted and potted up, so they were in better condition to survive. I won't know for sure what I have until all the oleanders start to bloom.

Karen, we have a few acres and lots of room, so yes, I plan on making quite a show with the oleanders across the yard. They are one of my favorite flowers. I love the idea of having them in many colors.

Lee, I do hope I was able to get the cuttings going, but to say I did or didn't at this point would only be a guess. Shelly was in the hosp for three days and that caused things to suffer a bit.

Charlene

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Charlene - I'll get some more cuttings started...and, if you're able to get a large plant home....I'll bring a large white (5 gal bucket size - pruned back for handling) JLMK

Charlene I'll be happy to give you more cuttings too if you'd like them. I have been very ill for awhile and don't think I'm up to rooting them again though. Let me know

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Maggiedew - may I have a Scarlet Buckeye? Thanks! Lee

Frostweed - Ken has already asked for the Roughleaf Dogwood from you, and of course I asked WillisTxGarden for the peachy Oleander already :~)

I can't be bringing home more plants!!! Can I??? Good grief, this is way too early in the game to be lusting after all this stuff.

Maggi, are you saying that you would like to have a Roughleaf dogood?
Josephine.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Willis--thanks but I'd prefer not on that salvia. Also, can you keep on the forums as opposed to dmail? Generally I need to kinda keep that clear for MarketPlace order's if possible, thanks! =)

CatLady--I see you want one of those species crinums, am I just missing your trade thread? I was out of town until yesterday.

Trishann, did you still want those items?
Debbie

edited to add 2 tropical big leaves up there

This message was edited Feb 27, 2009 7:15 PM

Oh, sorry Josephine. kenboy is my DH, he asked for the dogwood.

Josephine--I've got some Allium texanum with your name on it, can I have a couple of Penstamen? Pretty please?
=)

Allium texanum:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/78505/

if you can find a few Allium drummondii up that way--I'll give it 'bulb heaven' down here--LOL

Dmj I would love to have the

1--(3-4 gallon pot) Colocasia esculenta 'Chicago Harlequin'

1--(3-4 gallon pot) Colocasia 'Cranberry'

I'll give you as much as you want off my list and more if you'd like.

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Debbie,
Yes, I would love to have them....
Thanks!!

Trish--can I have a birdhouse or wind chime?

You gottem' darkmoon
Debbie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie - I didn't have enough to to offer on the forum but in order to try to offer you something in trade....I was willing to split the bunch I had. Just was checkin' to see if you'd be interested. Didn't mean to interfere! My apologies

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie, I have you on the list already...

Debbie I will take the Allium , and you have the Panstemon.
Josephine.

O.K. Maggie, I didn't know, I have it assigned to him.
Josephine.

No problem Willis! =)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.