Spring East Texas Round Up TRADES LIST

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Maggiedew.....I know Josephine is so much into Tx natives.......and realizing now that the R. Buckeye was your only one......please assign it to Jo
if she is interested in it....you're givin' me a couple of things already!! (smile)
Lee

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh Gosh Lee -

We have more than one! I will put both y'alls names on them!

Humble, TX

Debbie I would love a Texas betony, stachys coccinea 'hot spot coral, salvia 'ultra violet', crinum hildebrandtii, and any other orphans you have. You have such great taste in plants it is hard to pick only a few from your list. ;)

If anyone loves daffodils, you should visit Mrs. Lee's Daffodil Garden near Gladewater, TX. http://www.daffodilgarden.com/daffodils_home.htm She planted a boxcar load of daffodils many years ago and covered many acres. After her death, they opened up the place for visitors while the daffodils are blooming. My wedding picture was taken there, and this weekend I will be visiting again so my mom can take pictures of my two year old among the flowers.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You've got them Madrid--that place makes a great day trip this time of year, been there dozens of times!
=)

Darkmoon--can you root those white oleanders for me? I think 3 or 4 of them would sure be an improvement to my "hellstrip" out front--LOL--but by May its too hot to root much of anything down here.
=)

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Debbie, I'm really interested in both of your colocasias, but I will need to come up with a lot more to trade for plants that size. Don't they have any little bitty divisions? :>) I have a lot of named daylilies, but not much else on your wish list.

Happy Bday Pat!
I bet I can divide both of those into admiral sized plants for both of you by May. I probably got a few more too, but they are in a big planter box and haven't woke up yet--trust me, those things take over the planet down here. Remember, you already are giving me a ghost plant and a mint. Do you have any other mints? any blueberry side shoots, perhaps? I'm meditating on that blackberry, its the thorns that are holding me back.....oh heck, let me have one of those (I'll strategically place it to keep neighborhood kids away).
Debbie

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

You got it Deb, white oleanders ☺Let me know what else I can bring you!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Maggie, Red Buckeyes are beautiful.
Josephine.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you, Maggi!

Gilmer, TX

dmj, Sorry I missed your post above. Yes, I would like one of the crinum and no, you didn't miss my trade list. I'm weaiting to see what comes and what roots before I start listing. The only thing I know for sure is Tiger Lilies, there are hundreds of those. I also have lots of rooted cuttings from my big white brug, it;s a NOID, but lots of blooms several times a year. Will post as I know what else I have.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Here goes my list of things I can bring. I will only bring the things that folks ask for since I have lots. I do not know Latin so the names will be common names. I am also creative with spelling sometimes. If interested you can ask and I will try to give the "real" name. Also since I live only minutes away from Love's Lookout, some may want to just come by see what they like. Some of these are invasive so take at your own risk.

Ground covers:
Var. asiatic jasmine
Var. English ivy
Ajuga
Sedum-yellow bloom in spring--dmj
Purple winter creeper
Peacock moss-spikemoss-selanella

Reseeders/perennials
Purple cone flower
Rubeccia-blackeyed Susan
French hollyhock-Malva sylvestris--Willis, Mibus
Hollyhock-large bloom mixed colors--Willis, Mibus, sweezel
Lion's tail--Willis, Maggie
Salvia-Lady in Red, Texas red

Perennials
Yarrow-mostly white bloom
Artemesia Oriental lime green- very pretty plant but will take over
Soap warts-blue blooms-invasive
Ornamental var. grass- green/white with pink edge in spring--Trish
Cashmere Bouquet-wild hydrangea--Willis, Mibus, Trish
Salvia-Indigo spires
Mums-Country Girl or other colors as requested--Mibus
Obedient plant-purple bloom
Ruellia- Mex. petunia- tall and short types
Lantana- several colors to choose
Salvia greggii- Hot lips, white, red and cherry
Gaura-pink
Oak leaf hydrangea--Willis, dmj 2, Patrob 2, sweezel
Copper Canyan Daisy--Frostweed, Willis, Trish

Tropicals
Hibiscus- Several cv colors depending on my rooting success. Maybe even some Cajun varieties
EE's- I grow about 20 types of these. It is early so will see what comes up and can be divided.

OGR-Roses
Old Blush--Patrob
Pink Climber--Patrob

Pine trees-2 dmj

Mindy, darkmoon.Madried and Becky- You can get what you want when you visit or Dmail me on specific things.

Will add or subtract as time goes by and success and failure dictates.
I will get my want's listed completed later.

DD

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 10:35 AM

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 10:38 AM

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 11:03 AM

This message was edited Apr 10, 2009 5:17 AM

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

DD - may I have one of each Hollyhock, Lion's Tail, Copper Canyon daisy
and the Hydrangeas - LMK what you would like from my list - I'll add some more things as we get down the calendar. Thank you much! Lee

DD--2 Oak Leaf Hydrangea's please ?!?
Debbie

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow!! this trade list is really cooking.

Willis- got you down for the plants you listed. The hollyhock, large bloom,are mixed colors so I do not know which colors they will be. I can identify the French/ sylvestris.

I would like the white Tx star and an assortment of your bulbs.

DD

dmj- 2 oak leafs
willis- did you mean oak leaf or the wild (CB) one ?

2 Clivia robustus seedlings--these are seed grown sown 9/20/2008--very valuable plants (I don't even know anyone selling these). I grow these indoors in south facing windows--I don't even trust Clivia's to the bugs outside here--its the only thing I grow inside. These seed source on these was extremely reliable--I just ended up with 4 and want to keep 2 as I have a lot of other Clivia's. Picture shows how large and robust these are in comparison to other known objects of size. More info on these here; if you want more detailed info on how I grow them, just ask.
http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantcd/cliviarobust.htm

Debbie

This message was edited Mar 1, 2009 11:26 AM

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie,

I would love some H sonorensis. I don't have my trade list all together yet. It's a little early on my cuttings and seedlings. I will hopefully have a few brugs and Texas Star red. A few Golden Egg tree seedlings. They are growing good. I'm working on a few others. I will post the trade list later.

you got one Texas grower--but I don't do brugs or red Tx star hibiscus, but I can be easily bribed with gooey, high caloric brownies with nuts ;)

I also have another Hymenocallis Mexican speices out there in the garage that I have even more of than H sonorensis--I just need to get up off my lazy rear-end and get out there in that cold, dark garage and count them and read the tag because I seem to be too lazy to even dig thru about 4 journals to find the name right now.

All of the Mexican Hymenocallis you guys will have to dig and bring inside for the winter (as opposed to H traubii and H palmerii--US natives). They require bone dry above freezing winter conditions. I put them in the garage from late November until March. But they really are nice and no brainer plants.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

DD,
I believe you already have me down for a couple of oak leaf hydrangeas, and I would love to have small divisions of any EE's that you want to divide. I still don't know which daylilies I will have as the danged deer are keeping them eaten to the nub. If we ever get some rain, there will be grass for them to eat instead. I'll check your want list when you post it to see if I have anything you are looking for.

Debbie,
I have no blueberries unfortunately, but I will bring you some blackberry plants. They produce large, tasty berries and are guaranteed to deter children! I have several more mints: candy mint, peppermint, spearmint, and chocolate mint. I used to have a lot more, but the apple mint took over the herb garden and smothered nearly everything else. The apple mint does come with a warning attached!

Thanks Pat--I know how mints are, they live in pots here--Candy mint, peppermint, spearmint, and chocolate mint please. Somehow all the mints were tossed a couple of years ago when more and more pots were needed for bulbs, so starting over for about the 5th time with mints again. Do you have any of the real French tarragon? not the Mexican mint kind (which culinary speaking--there is no comparison). I have some coming from the Pantry Garden Herbs in April--but I can't keep enough of that one, it hates our summers; I have to bring it inside and I hate to do houseplants--LOL

I'm off to put on a parka and find you and Darkmoon a few more "big leafs" tropicals! I thought I could retire that coat for the season.

Flint, TX

I will add more as I walk through my gardens but I will have
day lillies some named and 2 GORGEOUS unnamed ones
hosta,
viola,
penstimon, (I think it's Huskers Red)
2 unknown asiatic lilly,
Hydrangea several of the traditional blue which I will have rooted
several cuttings (will try to get them rooted) of the following hydrangea
Hydrangea macrophylia (red)
Endless Summer Blushing Bride (pink)
bearded iris(old fashioned white)
and several other things,

I'm interested in hosta, day lillies, semi shade perrenials, hibiscus, black eyed susan, phlox, brugs, gingers.... ummm ANYTHING!! LOL

I'm also wanting some plants for a container/patio garden.

Is there a date yet??

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 11:26 AM

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie... Phyllis' bread, and now your Clivia can call me out right quick from just lurking and lusting..lol... hate to ask before i get my trades up, but please, may I have one?? TY so much. I'll be listing soon, and hope there will be some things you want. I might have some blueberries.. how that??..lol

Mindy--got any idea of the type of the hydrangea's? And can you root them? May is a bit late for cuttings down here. I have a lot of named tropical hibiscus.

Beck--what do you mean by Phyllis' bread? Its colder than a witch's ____ (you fill in the blank) and I just hauled in 1 foot high 'maty seedlings--may brain is probably not functioning that well. Out to write down names off tags of more "big leaf's".

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie... Phyllis makes the BEST home made bread... yeast bread..lol... now I get first bid on some..lol... Cold here too... crazy weather, but it's crazy everywhere... I also have several hydrangea babies that have rooted under my plants, but they are from an old plant, and have no id what kind.. they are blue in my soil... and i have very sandy acidic soil.. not like your gumbo.. I'll also be listing all 3 of the Confederate Roses that plant files has list. They'll be rooted cuttings... well heck.. i may as well list what I know I will be bringing... and add to later... will do later tonight

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

She means I make bread and have used it for trading when I haven't had success in starting plants and such.

Mindy
Spring East Texas Round Up
May 16th starting at 9am till...done
Loves Lookout on 69 just outside of Jacksonville, Texas
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/945176/

have:
purple cone flower
blacked eyed susan
Salvia farinacea, mealy cup sage
few more bird houses
will make homemade honey whole wheat bread if asked

Giving to:

AJNTEXAS

pbtxlady

dmj1218
barn with star birdhouse
2 coreopsis

Trishann
log cabin birdhouse

Becky
dew drop inn bird house
Bread

Patrob
iris birdhouse

Karen - birdhouse

eyes
birdhouse - 2

ilovejesus
birdhouse

Getting from:

DD Dude
from you if possible
French hollyhock-Malva sylvestris
Hollyhock-large bloom mixed colors
Cashmere Bouquet-wild hydrangea
Mums-...ANy color I can get LOL
Hibiscus- ...ohh love them

dmj1218
Hymenocallis palmeri
Hymenocallis traubii
Zerphyranthes pulchella
Zephyranthes morrisclintii
Habranthus brachyandrus
Zephyranthes macrosiphon
Zephyranthes reginae
Salvia 'Ultra Violet
Narcissus

Karen
Blue Shrimp Plant seedlings
Red, Pink, Hot Pink and White Oleander

Maggi
Hibiscus syriacus - Rose of Sharon
Luffa
Nandinas
Dwarf Palmetto

patrob
aloe, torch
Asian jasmine
Liatris mucronata (blazing stars)
salvia 'Indigo Spires'

Becky
Confederate Rose - surprise color

WillisTxGarden
peach oleander cuttings,Catalpa Tree

This message was edited May 9, 2009 2:11 PM

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

DD - got you down for the white TX star & all the bulbs

I meant one of each - the oakleaf & wild one - sure appreciate it! Thanks a bunch! Lee

I'd love one or two Beck--don't care if they are blue or pink (I don't have "gumbo"--LOL). I have nice, deep, organically rich, slightly acidic woodland loam "ex-gumbo" that's been heavily loved and built over the last 15 years. Trust me, you would kill for this soil in the front under my 2 large oaks--LOL--now I do have gumbo, but its under the last remaining shreds of St. augustine lawn that I still keep for the neighbors. I hope soon to be rid of all of it out front--but I'm concentrating on finishing up eradicating it out back--I hate turf grass!

I can be easily bribed with any kind of artisan bread too! ;)

OK Pat and DarkMoon--I've added Alocasia gageana, Colocasia esculenta 'Elena' + Colocasia esculenta 'Illustrus' up there.

Here's Alocasia gageana on 10/26--it doesn't get over 3' high for me and doesn't send out runners and its in the ground--not the best shot, but you get the idea

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie - is there a particular camellia you're looking for?

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 10:56 AM

nope--Willis, any will do! =)
If you have an idea on the color (like dark red, pink, white, splotched, etc.--you can tell I'm really using this BS degree here--that would give me an idea where out front to plant it). Willis, if its listed up there--a trade would be nice; but definitely not required. I believe by now ya'll know what I have that costs money. ;)

I can also be easily bribed by a bottle of vitamin water (I like any of the red ones and hate the citrus flavors). I reckon' in May in Texas, its not going to be very cold; and I have a very long drive--I may have to investigate the interesting hotels/motels up there. Any good ones up that way? I might just make a short vacation out of it--lol.

I could probably use a couple of short pine tree seedlings (little--I have a Toyota) to put way out front in case anything ever happens to my oaks. If anyone has a few sitting around in pots.

I will probably have some LA Iris to add later.

If I get a bit confused it is old-timers and keeping the MG plant sale things and the RU things seperated in my mind. I do have paper list of these but may miss on some.

Mibus- March 9 week looks good now other than the 3/12. I got you down for the things you want but may be good to get some prior to RU day.

Willis- Clear on both hydrangeas now.

Mindy- Got a lot of your wants and want a lot of your gots. You never did make it down to visit and get things. You are not that far away.

dmj and madrid- we may need to talk. I like lots of your goodies and have some things you may like.

Welcome Red -come on down, you may win a prize !

DD

start talking DD--because that Toyota is probably only bringing what ya'll ask for.

DD--what's a wild hydrangea? I know what an oak leaf one is--got a pic?
Debbie

okie dokie DD I'll holler before I come and wont do it on the 12th LOL

djm-Do make it a mini vacation. You can come see my tropicals and get some. I better not offer a sleep over here since I am a guy and might get kicked off here or wife throw me out. D-mail me and I can give info on hotels. I have several type of pines here for the taking.
Iris- Ok, got some of these that will need dividing by May. La. Back Gamecock, Ceasar's brother and TB's and others.

DD

NEW THREAD since this one is over 150 posts

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/957655/

link back is listed on the top post in the new room

DD--just kidding about the hotel, I know these people to stay with:
http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

can you narrow it down on the types of pines, please?

Back from my field trip to the garage on the Hymenocallis palmeri (looks like 6) and the H harrisiana (looks like 11--seed grown this third year, should bloom this summer). Scroll down this page (i'll add them in a bit on the trade list):
http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/Hymenocallis

Flint, TX

I've spent the whole morning sitting here reading when I'm supposed to be doing house work!! LOL

There are several things I'd like from others. Here's a list if you have any left:
Dde Tex - I'd like an Oak Leaf Hydrangea if you will still have any
any Hollyhocks
Cleome
Sedum
Hibiscus
Conen Flower
Rudbekia
Yarrow
Guara
Daisy
I'm going to be the compost place in Jacksonville next Thursday and probably several times the next few weeks so I can stop by if you'd be home.

Charlenesplants:
I'd like Verbena and have Hosta and possibly a names Day Lilly

Frostweed:
I'd like Goldenrod , Penstemon tunis and turkscap if you have any left and can trade from anything I have

Willis Tx Garden:
if you have any I'd like a Hibiscus (white star or any will do)

dmj1218:
If you still have any of these:
Colocsia 'Illustrus'
Texas Betony
Hot Spot Coral
Lycoris sprengeri
crinum americanum
Will be happy to trade if you see anything from my list (which I will update as the garden grows)

Thank you and I can't wait!!
Mindy

Mindy--let me see what Pat and Darkmoon say about the 'Illustris', they have first pass on the tropicals. That Lycoris--I'll put you on the reserve for, I need to dig 'em and see what's there. The rest you have--let me check on what else you have. There are 2 betony's there--do you want one of each? Doing 6000 things as usual here and still haven't started packing orders yet today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.