Spring East Texas Round Up TRADES LIST

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Deb I just saw this and I would like the Alocasia gageana, Colocasia esculenta 'Elena' + Colocasia esculenta 'Illustrus' as well. I won't be happy unless you take payment from me as well as trades. These are expensive plants that I would have to buy and pay shipping to get elsewhere.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Mindy-Thursday will be fine and there will be a group of MG for pot-up day for the up coming MG plant sale. I will have all of your wants but some have not peeped out of the ground yet. D-mail me for directions/cell #. I will also have some Illustrus EEs.

dmj- Better get my name on some of your goodies. Would like these:
bulbs-Nar. golden dawn, pipit. C.sacred lily, lycoris, tropical hibiscus, EE, bananas
Not sure on names of pines. When you come maybe you can identify and get them. I know you reserve D-mail for your sells so D-mail me when you can on trades as I have some unusual things.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

DarkMoon--you and Pat have them if you want them, I know ya'll will love them; trust me, you are doing me a favor. I really am in to a more "woodlands" like look for the front. And the Colcasia's really are much more invasive down here by runners because they don't get knocked back as much in the winter. If I put them in the ground I will be battling to remove them or keep them in check. My oven is broke--you can always get a box of those easy to make brownies in the red box that come out thin and about all you add is oil and an egg--trust me, those won't last until I make home. ;)

DD--just stick a few babies (pines) in a pot and I'll figure them out over the summer.

been talking to my brother on the phone for the last hour--gotta get this rain lily order filled sometime today--I got those additions jotted down from ya'll and they'll be added by later tonight up top--lol

edited to add--DD, yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas for trade--I think those were maybe on Madrid's list, I was going to ask her about them.....Madrid, are they edible? do they taste good? are they small? If the answer to all of the above is yes--then I'll take one! =)

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 12:58 PM

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Mindy, you have the Penstemon, Goldenrod and Turk's cap.
May I have some Gaura and Coneflowers from you ?
Josephine.

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie, I have a Yule Tide (red) or Cleopatra (pink) camellia for the h senorensis if like, instead of a gooey brownie.

Jeanne

Flint, TX

Frostweed,
I'm sorry but those are from my 'want' list. When you get a chance please check up further on this thread and I have a partial list of haves. I will update it with quite a few more things as spring allows my gardens to come up.

ALSO.... I will bring several jars of home my made grape jelly to trade and I make a fabulous sugar free cheese cake for anyone who wants. They are large cheese cakes... amazing taste... can be made sugar free or regular ... fluffy and to die for.

Jeanne--wow, can I have one of each? I also have the mexican species H harrisiana (you can take several--I have 11) and a really rare one called H chiapasiana (got 2 of them) Also H traubii + H palmeri.

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes Debbie, the camellias are yours. They are well rooted.

I of course want anything rare. So I would like the chiapasiana. I lived in Fl for 28 yrs and never saw a traubii. I would like that one too if it's alright. Now I will have to go study them and their growing conditions. This old dog is still learning new tricks.

So here is a list, so I don't forget: Debbie_ 1 Yule Tide 1 Cleopatra
Jeanne_ senorensis chiapasiana traubii

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to our meeting and swap.

Need this link for trades page

Zephyranthes macrosiphon
darker pink Mexican form

Seed grown, native to northern Mexico, this species thrives in full shade and moist conditions. For me, the foliage on this species disappears during our very hot summers; but this species still blooms with gorgeous rose pink blooms (2"-3") on rather tall (12") scapes from mid-May until July or sometimes into August. A very impressive pink Zephyranthes species! Good for zones 8-10.

This message was edited Mar 1, 2009 12:12 PM

You got one of each of the Hymenocallis if you want them; here is the condensed version of care:

1. lots of water, year round OK, in the US species tribe--H traubii + H palmeri
2. lots of water and hot when in growth, bone dry dormancy in winter, Mexican species tribe--H sonorensis, H harrisiana, H chiapasiana

I know these 5 species real well, these are seed raised by me. Any other questions I can answer pretty quick if they are my bulbs--lol

Here's a bit more on the Hymenocallis tribes--let me know if the link don't come thru translated to English
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.amaryllidaceae.org/Hymenocallis/index.htm&ei=v6apSeO8NInYsAOqpajyDw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhymenocallis%2Bchiapasiana%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DjdW%26sa%3DN

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Mindy, no problem, you still can have my plants, can I have some jelly from you?

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok Debbie, I'm not real good with the real name of plants. By hymenocallis you mean the chiapasiana, senorenses, and traubii? Great, one of each is most appreciated. I was just reading up on one of them in the plant files. Am I wrong in thinking they like shade? Maybe dappled or more than that?

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Debbie, I would love to have the Alocasia gageana, Colocasia esculenta 'Elena,' and Colocasia esculenta 'Illustrus' too. A. gageana will have to come inside in the winter, but I have room in the sunroom for it. If I can't come up with more plants you can use, I can certainly bring you some home-baked goods too. Thank you!
Patricia

I don't think so on the Alocasia gageana Patricia--I got it from someone in North Carolina (zone 6a or 6b) growing it outside in a trade--I think its hardy. I will happily bring you one of each--no need for food, I'm sure I will get enough to eat! Do you have any of that Transylvanian salvia? LOL--I forget the name but I'm close. Up above here (somewhere) I said I'd take one of any of the mints.

Hymenocallis is the genus Texasgrower, I have 5 different species of them. They all look very similar in bloom--white--lol--that's why I'm "rehoming" some of them, I have way too many. But they do differ in their over all size of leaves and leaf shape (somewhat--but not a real lot). The 3 mexican species do require different care from the USA ones. Go to the PlantsDelight website--he has Hymocallis traubii and Hymenocallis harrisiana, I know. He also has Hymenocallis traubii too--it does the least well for me, I think it needs to be in the ground and kinda shady. It stays dormant a lot for me (it just hates me I think)--but the other 4 do great for me in full sun.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 4:15 PM

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie,

Well, you tell me what kind of light each of the ones you are giving me need, and I will be sure they get it one way or the other. If any of them aren't hardy in zone 8b I will pot them and put them in the GH over winter. I will take good care of your babies.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie, I have an Elizabeth Ann (white w/pink edges) camellia for you...so you'll have a nice variety when you go home!

DD - thanks so much!

Mindy - I believe I have enough White Tx Stars so I've tagged one for you!

Lee

Oh bless you Willis!
=)

Texasgrower--Here's 2 of them (I suggest more shade for this one)
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/05551.html

Scroll down here for Hymenocallis harrisiana--the guy Jay Yourch, I communicate a lot with him, he has a woodland setting so his I'm sure part-sun. Me, they get full sun (I'm a PBS member)
http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/Hymenocallis

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

DD,
May I have these plants?

Ornamental var. grass- green/white with pink edge in spring
Cashmere Bouquet-wild hydrangea
Copper Canyan Daisy
EE's
Hibiscus- Several cv colors depending on my rooting success. Maybe even some Cajun varieties

I would dearly love to have some cajun variety hibiscus....
Please check my list out.
Thanks,
Trishann

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

NEW THREAD since this one is over 150 posts

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/957655/

link back is listed on the top post in the new room...PLEASE

Humble, TX

Yes I have bananas. With the right conditions they will produce the smaller sized bananas. My mom said they tasted like a regular bannana. (I was pregnant & didn't feel brave enough to try one the first year we moved into our house.) I also learned this summer that if you cut them down (like I had been doing), they don't produce bannanas the next year. They can get to about 10-12 feet tall if you were asking about the size of the plant. I'll save one for you Debbie if you want one.

DD-dmail me to let me know what you want. There are lots of things on your list that look tempting, especially the pink gaura and some of the salvias! I wanted to visit your place last summer, but my truck was full of orphans by the time the RU was over. Maybe this time I can stop by. I would love to see your garden!
Tabitha

I'd love one!
=)

Humble, TX

Debbie-I'll try and keep one semi-dormant for you so it will fit in the car. ;)

just hack it down--bananas are rugged, it'll grow!

Need this link back to trades page

Zephyranthes morrisclintii
Seed grown, this unusual rain lily is native to northern Mexico and blooms 12" pale pink fading to white. This species is probably a natural hybrid between Z drummondii and Z lindleyana as it resembles both species and they have similar bloom time--Early Spring (usually April here). Loves full sun and good for growing in zones 7-10; this species has rather large bulbs for a Zephyranthes.

oh oh oh I want one

Need this link back to trades page

Habranthus brachyandrus
Seed grown, this species is native to South America and has pale pink trumpets with a darker purplish-pink throat. This species begins blooming for me in April and prefers a partially shaded location and moist conditions. Good for zones 8-10.

I'll get ya added into the new trade page but gee keep posting and I'm gonna one some of everything you are posting .......so pretty

I'm on the original trade page

Need this link to trades list

Zephyranthes reginae

Seed grown, Zephyranthes reginae is a pale parchment yellow which blooms in the very depths of a hot and hellacious Southeast Texas summer! It's native to northeastern Mexico and is Thad Howard's 'Old Valle's Yellow'. Don't let its pale, delicate blooms fool you for a minute--this species is Texas tough-as-nails! It starts blooming for me in late July and we think of it as an omen that the fall blooming bulbs of all kinds will soon grace us with their presence once again. Grows really well in zones 8-10 and is really a very pretty species. This one always blooms in mass and really makes a statement when you get the numbers up—all of the rain lilies are good offsetters!

SYS
I've added about 8 more bulbs on bottom of list + i at the top--also edited my wants a bit
I'll add A LOT more rain lilies as they are dug for orders, etc

got people banging on facebook and the real door

DD--is that yellow sedum pretty short? low to the ground, I mean....
Debbie

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

dmj-the sedum is very short, more like a ground cover. Beautiful in spring when in bloom. It does grow fast and can cover an area fast.

Trish- Would like Amaryllis and a bird house. Someone got mine last year. Hope you can visit my place this year.
Got you down for Var. grass, Cashmere Bouquet, CC Daisy and EE's. We will see what the hibiscus do by May.

D

I'll take some sedum DD
=)

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

we're a quiet bunch lately.. has to be these wonderful temps we've been having!..lol

I started my trade list if anyone wants to take a look. I'll add to it later, as i find more plants.

Debbie, sorry I never got back to you, but I put your name down for the 2 hydrangeas. If I'm wrong please let me know..ty

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

Becky,
i would love a triple purple datura. thanks i dont have my tradelist yet.

tracie

nope--your not wrong!
=)
let me see what else you have.......lol

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Tracey.. OK.. I'll put you down.. btw.. you OWE me a DL's..lol... I never got it at the fall E TX RU.. you know me and you will fight over a DL's...LOL

great Debbie.. have a look.. I am ready to start trading..lol

Becky--
Velthemia Baraseata? what is it--I'm not familiar (and I'm real familiar with Velthemia's) is it Veltheimia bracteata?
http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/Veltheimia

not here either:
http://www.bulbsociety.org/GALLERY_OF_THE_WORLDS_BULBS/GRAPHICS/Veltheimia/Veltheimialist.shtml

Nor here:
http://thebulbmaven.typepad.com/the_bulb_maven/south_african_bulbs/

Now if Doug don't have it and Diana don't have it--it doesn't exist! lol

Can I have the Christmas Cactus?--I love those things; I keep them in my bathroom window. Love the Easter ones too.
Debbie

I got plenty of V bracteata--lol
=)

becky ya been on thread #2 yet? LOL

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

I think it went right past a few folks Phyllis, LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.