Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES! Part 2

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much everyone for the birthday wishes and the beautiful photos!! pollyk, The photo might be a little big, But, It sure is Gorgeous, Wow!! All these nice photos make me think ...Garden, Garden, Garden!!! LOL!

ge1836 and HollyAnnS, Thankyou! Will keep you posted on the project. I have to build another bed before I can work more on this one because I have some plants coming in next weekend and need a bed to put them in and seeing as they are Daylilys, I want to make sure they will have enough sun, And there will be some shading where the arbor is so can't put them there, Will be getting right back to it though soon as the other beds done so I'll be updating when I do ... Thanks again!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The darker daylilies appreciate some shelter from the harsh afternoon sun so don't be afraid to place them in just morning sun.

Danville, IN

Here's was the arbor over the entrance walk to my home and garden. It has since been torn down to make way for a garage extension and new sunroom. I really enjoyed it.

Thumbnail by HoosierGreen
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

HoosierGreen: That is beautiful -- makes me want to walk under it and look up. Has the sunroom been a good exchange?

Danville, IN

Yes, I must admit the sunroom has been just wonderful this winter. It was a slow process, but worth it. It was my "retirement present" to myself. Here's a shot of the sitting/reading area of it. The cats love it too, especially on sunny days.

The arbor was lovely but so is the sunroom.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Ditto ! And I see that the cat has found the prime spot for the warmth of the sun !

The cat is no dummy!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

That is a beautiful room -- so cozy and inviting.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Looks likeit was an even exchange

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

A WONDERFUL room -- my cats are looking at your cat and saying "we want to be there!"

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I've been really enjoying these threads! So many great ideas.

HG, I love your arbor and your sun room.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Oh, that sunroom. How wonderful it would be to have a touch of summer in winter. Beautiful!

Danville, IN

Actually, we have three cats, and I thought everyone would enjoy this pic of them waiting for me to join them in the morning sun. The top one is Amadeus, an abandoned kitten I found on the side of a country road. Jamoca, on the footstool is 14 and the grump of the three. And Charlie on the bottom was a stray who came to stay a couple of years ago. When Charlie showed up one day in the rain, he weighed under four pounds, was matted so badly he had to be shaved, and wouldn't come near anyone for almost a year except to eat in the garage, where he lived for a long time, scared to come in the house. Now, he's thoroughly domesticated, weighs 13 lbs. and sheds enough to stuff pillows! I call this photo "Stacked Cats".

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

Hoosier I really enjoyed your cat picture. We have 3 cats too. Misty and Barefoot are 12 years old and Mia is a SPCA adoptee. This is Barefoot and Mia in my lap.

Thumbnail by silverfluter
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Holly The cats think its their room. Your tabby looks like mine minus a few pounds.
We have three cats too. I have two Tabbies Ben and Jerry brothers 13 and My daughter has 1 Angel a grey tiger.
Jerry sunning

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Ben aka "the load"

Thumbnail by ge1836
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Love everyone's kitties.

Hoosier what a beautiful sun room. I would love to have one just like it. That is definately my kind of retirement present!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Everyones kitties are so cute!
HoosierGreen, Love that new sunroom!! What a real treat that must be to enjoy!
Got the bed made for the daylilys coming in .....
Before ... The 21st ..

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

After ...The 23rd..

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

23rd... Just need to put one more piece on the back bottom and add the dirt and (mulch when the plants come in)
and this one will be done.. Then it's back to the arbor bed.

Thumbnail by IRIS
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That is going to look great

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

ge1836, Thankyou!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Iris, you're planting all daylilies, ahem! Didn't your mother name you better than that?

Ha! Good one, Polly!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

pollyk', In all actuality, I have them too, Just not near as many as my fav's the daylilys. You know, When I was first signing up to Daves ( Many moons ago) The name I wanted was actually longer and for some reason ( I forgot why) But, The original name I picked got cut in half and so I just left it that way at the time and it's been that way since, So now, Many people think that it's because I love Iris's that I picked that name, But, Thata not really how it is ...LOL!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, My Granddaughter's name is Lily and her mother isn't even a gardener.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

HollyAnnS ..LOL! .. I have a friend who's daughters name was Lily too, And it had nothing to do with gardening :)

My mom was a Lilly and she didn't do a lot of gardening but her own mother did none at all.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Different names for different reasons with most people :)

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

My sister was baptized Photinia and it had nothing to do with the shrub. Her real name was Svetlana and that's the name of a pagan goddess and couldn't be used at a baptism, so they had to use the name of the saint associated with her birthday. Poor girl was born on St. Photinia's Day.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, pagan goddess LOL (rolling on floor)
The things we do to our children. Zuzu your mother must have been an interesting woman.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

LOL!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I love looking at everyones arbors and trellises. I need to add a new trellis this summer for a climbing rose by my garage. Here is a photo of one of the two arbors I have in my front yard. The other one is out of the photo on the left at the opposite end of the path. My brother made these for me from an old Wood Bench magazine pattern he had saved for years.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Very nice. Is that a clematis climbing it?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful clems on the arbor.
Nice garden all together.
Love those red lilies.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This is a photo from about 18 years ago. It's a silver lace vine growing on my garage. Guess it shows you can make a trellis about of about nothing. It is growing on wire strung from the top of the fence to the peak of the garage. Some hyacinth vines are showing also that were growing up the side of the garage.

The vines on the wood arbors above Jackmanii clematis.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW

Wonderful arbor, Susan, and such a lovely setting. The silver lace vine is spectacular and gives a cottage look to the garage. Great jobs!

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful pictures Susan. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.