Further Leaps o' Faith and yet more daring.......

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Came from here as getting a bit rootbound:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/947882/

Reno, NV

Ahh. Room to stretch.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Our story so far :

The brave charioteers, having traded their emus for chickens and then for dolphins, daringly splash along, meanwhile discovering that the crickets are actually messengers from afar. Crickets having en-dungeoned Kyla, plans are made for a daring asteroid piloted rescue, by Mulch, with Dahlia wearing color coded messages in a valiant display of anti-fashion.

Duchess has discovered that the red paint of which Cosmo is so fond is actually a cricket word meaning *skc-ttchch--ckstck* but whether we can actually build communication on this sliver of Rosetta remains to be seen.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Has anyone been working on the railroad lately? That song is stuck in my head for some reason. Anyhoo thanks for the new thread Kyla.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

hahaha now it's in mine too.

working my toes down into this garden soil... mmmm feels so good
choo-choo all aboard

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Kyla, what a brilliant synopsis! That bit about Dnut's "valiant display of anti-fashion" belongs in the Great Book of Quotes.

"En-dungeoned", hmmm, let's see, that would have to be "encachotée" in French.
Which seems equally unlikely, but that's what Google is for-- to see if someone else invented it, and it seems they have:
"Il est condamné à 501 ans de galères [ ] et "encachoté", comme l'écrit joliment Folco."

Sweet!
They're talking about a book on Charlemagne. ("galères" is the galleys, or hard labor)

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I'm jealous Angele, my garden is still a bit frosty for the toes and due for a whole week of snow starting tonight.

Who says hot pink and orange aren't fashionable? They stand out very nicely against the sagebrush. At least you won't get shot by some knucklehead who mistakes you for a chuckar. Maybe it's a good thing we have dolphins now because the emus might have been mistaken for really big pheasant. We would have to stay home during hunting season.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'd pick en-dungeoned before being chained to an oar and made to row til you died. I think those guys had it bad. I've always wondered why they en-dungeoned people anyways when you could just off their head willynilly in those days.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay, look. Limp saltines and stale koolade is bad enough, but my courage can handle that, at least for a little while, til Mulch's poppy petal mufflers become space viable -- but I have to draw the line at hard labor.

Uh oh. Do you think the crickets are associated with the IRS?????? O perish the very thot. I had truly hoped they were the GOOD kind of aliens!!!!!!!!! Oh, no o o o o o

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I would safe on in my emu chariot. Roybird's dragon would fry the hunters if they got out of hand.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

OMG there is 'crkishnik-schnk' sounds coming from the Federal building downtown :O

Reno, NV

'crkishnik-schnk' Oh no. That sounds a bit like sissors. Quick Cosmo, paint us some poppy petals!

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I asked Cosmo if he knew any other cricket words and he slowly and carefully barked arfik arfick arck.

He did not provide a definition, however.

Knowing Cosmo, I think it will turn out to have some relationship to "run around outdoors and have fun" which is the meaning of most of the human words he knows. I am going to "check the greenhouse", "turn on the faucet", or "pick tomatoes" all have this same meaning.

In short, he will be disastrous as a translator.

Reno, NV

Maybe run around and have fun is exactly the right message to send the crickets. However, we may have a problem if they have anything to say back. This will need careful consideration.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Woe be if we think we are telling them to run around and have fun but we are accidentally telling them to "eat lots of tomatoes."

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

:O :O We better start with something simple like 'We come in Peace'

Reno, NV

Oh no. We need a better plan. I want my tomatoes and perferably without cricket holes.

Santa Fe, NM

Brilliant summary, Kyla! Dahlia, you won't believe this but I have also been singing, " I've been working on the railroad "!! I thought it was because D.H. has been working at the state engineer's office but now I know it is because of the crickets. Maybe I should let the dragon roast them after all. It is a pleasant enough song but becomes tiresome quickly. Maybe it is the only song the crickets know and they need a music teacher. Or little c.d. players with headphones. Playing songs that would make them be very nice, release Kyla and go home! Maybe singing the same song over and over has driven them buggy. Or am I projecting?

Reno, NV

"has driven them buggy" Haha! I love puns.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

No, it 's definitely the crickets who are projecting.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

*sigh*

I guess I will be in this dungeon til spring.

But! I have good news! Turns out all the crickets really want is a supply of those electric blue sequined spike heeled flip flops.

I think it may have something to do with their religion. They got extremely excited when they learned of the existence of these items.

Mulch, if you can fit a case of them on the asteroid I think negotiations might go very easily. But, Dahlia, I advise against you showing up actually WEARING a pair, as that might send the wrong message and get more of us endungeoned.

Funny, I keep dreaming that it's snowing and all these little containers with seeds in them are sitting outside my door..... must be a bleedthrough.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

http://hellokittyinc.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=705840

Well, they don't really have spike heels, though. Would your captors know the difference, Kyla?

Reno, NV

I think they're perfect. Kayla- we should be underway soon, but if you step thru to the world of snow and seeds you should be able to escape. Once you find yourself in the snowy wonderland look for a lamp post, should be near a wardrobe. You can come back thru the wardrobe and we can meet you in england or in that snowy land.

Definate need a change of costume tho:)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, those were my thoughts exactly, Duchess! I have acquired a pink pair of the shoes in question and someone whispered something about "click your heels together three times and say there's no place like home>>>>>>>>>>>"

While the crickets are distracted by the blue shoes (they are very excited, saying things like "Screetch! Ackrickrcirkkkk! Stkrrrckckck!" over and over) I shall use the pink pair to make my escape!

~~~~~~~~~ (flying over the sea waves)~~~~~~~~~~

landing in snowfall ****

*Whew!*

Now for some wool socks and hot chocolate.

Reno, NV

Welcome back!! Make sure there's lots of chocolate and pumpkin cookies in your future. You need to get your strenght back.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

True that. Especially with all those seeds to take care of. ;-)

Santa Fe, NM

A narrow escape. New shoes saved the day! As they so often do.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes! I think it is a principle of some kind, or a natural law, about new shoes.

Maybe that's why the crickets have such a shoe thing going on!

When I moved here I really had mostly flip flops, was not in the habit of wearing real shoes much, on the beach and all. I am now the proud owner of a pair of Caterpillar hiking/work boots, and a pair of faux Uggs in a nice chocolate brown.

;-)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Both pairs would be greatly improved by the addition of sequins, however.

Does anyone make sequined hiking boots, I wonder ?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Welcome Home Kyla! Narrow escape.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you! It was your inspiration -- well and others too -- that saved the day!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

If they don't, they should.

Reno, NV

Hmm...I sense a new line of shoes in my future. sequins and rinestones everywhere.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

About the sequins, I think you mean? Yes, I agree!

Santa Fe, NM

If anyone did make sequined boots it would be Doc Martens. I mean wearable sequined boots! I'm sure there are others. I used to collect Doc's back in the day, when i had more money! I still have dark blue satin, floral, dark purple and hot pink ones, I think. I still wear the dark purple ones sometimes.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, having enough sequins and rhinestones can almost make up for no flowers (temporarily that is)

Here's to bling! (hoisting hot chocolate and slurping daintily)

Santa Fe, NM

I bet sequined shoes could be made with the right glue. I have seen sequined sneakers.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Roybird, we cross posted. (twice, LOL!) The days of more money....... ah yes. but I think sequins are pretty inexpensive, they could be glued on in a pinch......

This message was edited Feb 13, 2009 3:41 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Anything sparkly works for me. O did I tell you that I found out my winter fairys are fond of vodka. No wonder they can live outside at these temperatures. It's perfectly sensical when you think about it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.