Mediterranean walks site with plant photos

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

In researching some of my plants I came across a neat site.

http://www.marengowalks.com/index.html

Their focus is on botanical walks that people can take in several places around the mediterranean. Its not typical touristy-stuff oriented. There are lots of photos of the area on the walks and, especially relevant to this venue, photos of plants in each area and on each walk. Areas range from arid islands in the Mediterranean to alpine in the Dolomites. I'm quite likeing it. Its interesting the number of plants or plant genus we've hit in our discussions that are in these pictures. This is bits and pieces of what I want in my front yard except for the sea. (I wouldn't mind the sea, but the neighbors across the street and down the block would probably complain ... unless I bought them boats and I don't have that much money.)

That island that we are planning to visit but couldn't pick just one - they have pictures of it/them.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh how yummy.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I'm touring Greece now. I'll be back in a week or three.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I adore Greece! Although raki makes my head hurt.

super! Greece is #1 on my places I'd like to visit list. (I'm already looking at some of their floer photos on one of their walks. I live in Turkey 1961-1964; K- 3rd grade. We were in Izmir, had a climate like San Diego. Awesome, beautiful place.

Thanks for sharing your find!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O I'm jealous of that angele. I would luv to live in the Meditteranean.

I'm just glad I was old enough to remember it. Really an awesome place, hehe I already said that, but it is.

Reno, NV

Very cool. I'll have to check out that link.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

That is a great angele. Its got to be one of the best things to be able to live in another country for long enough to get acclimated and into the culture there. I grew up in San Diego, so the pictures of hillsides and plants do look similar. The water is a different color and the construction is definitely different. I'm sure the culture is quite different as well.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love Greece! dparsons you are so bad to show us that web site. That is going to cost me money. DH is just finishing up a play and is looking for somewhere to go.
Angele -- what a luxury to live in Greece when you were young. Do you remember any Greek?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

:)

One of the prime goals in life is to retire with a lot of money but to not leave more than $20 for your children to inherit.

paj. I lived in Turkey not Greece, I mentioned it because it was one of the places you could 'walk' on that site. hehe, I can count to 10 in Turkish, that is about it.

edited to add
1 to 10 in Turkish
bir – iki (yes sounds like icky) - üç - dört - beş - altı - yedi - sekiz - dokuz - on
can also count in Spanish (way higher) and French which was my first language but I can cout higher in Spanish, lol

This message was edited Feb 15, 2009 10:50 AM

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I like Turkey even better than Greece. I thought Izmir sounded Turkish. It is a wonderful country except for driving -- they drive like maniacs -- worse than Italians -- and that is saying something. Street lights are only a suggestion. I didn't really learn any Turkish to speak of, either, but I believe they have more ruins than Greece.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.