Whose Seeding and Singing to Seedlings (Part Deux)

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Wahoo! I just emailed that link to the article to all the Women of the Dirt!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

That just brings tears to my eyes. Their values are a dream come true.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if truckloads of heirloom seeds start arriving at the White House. I hope they publish everything about the garden. I wonder if the First Lady is allowed to join DG? Probably not. Bummer.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes it 's fab. Check this thread out:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/964939/

I posted the text of the Eat The View press release and a diagram of the spring garden plan for the South White House Lawn.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It's a very formal design but I guess it has to be being at the White house.

Reno, NV

If she did join we very well might not know it. I'm just excited that something I care about and voiced my opinion on is happening. Like someone in power cares. Lol

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Duchess I was thinking the same thing about DG. She's probably been a DG member for a long time and we will never know it ^_^

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Probably everyone here is someone excrutiatingly famous, posting in deep disguise.

well, it's fun to think about anyways....

Reno, NV

Lol. Maybe. But she said she'd never had a garden before.

Strike that. Never had a veggie garden before.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2009 2:08 PM

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Speaking of singing to seedlings, last night I found myself singing to my little Walla Walla onions, "Hey Mr Tallyman, tally me some onions, spring is come and you wanna grow strong! Day O! Day ay ay O, spring is come and you wanna grow strong!"

I think it worked, they look fatter today.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have an artichoke!!!! It's not sprouting, it's erupting out of the pot like a volcano. Very cool.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Yay!

I killed my three littlest stupice tomato plants when the sun came out a bit too long before I noticed I needed to vent the greenhouse. Phooey.

But I have a Zingaro dahlia sprouting in a pot in there! Not erupting, just sprouting.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dahlias are casual but tireless sprouters. I have the artichokes in the same tray as the toms but no toms yet :( It's going to be cloudy for the next week so I will bring the tom pots in to the indoor growop tomorrow. Now of course I shall have to decide where to put Arnold the erupting artichoke. Perhaps with bulbous things, as I think Arnold might intimidate some of the smaller sprouts.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We're over 200 posts so whoooooop over to a new thread for the new babies ^_^ http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/968090/

Congratulations on Arnold, Dahlia.. now I will go to the new thread!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.