Happy Hoodie-Hoo Day

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I hoodie-hooed the sun at exactly noon MST. In addition to shouting 'Hoodie-Hoo" at the sun these are 20 more ways to celebrate Hoodie-Hoo Day according to Wellcat who hold the copyrite to 'Hoodie-Hoo Day'.
1) order seeds from your favorite seed catalogs (even if you don’t garden at all; the very act of ordering seeds is as cathartic and wonderful as a placebo for migraines)

2) sign up for yoga or other fitness classes at the nearest YMCA or local gym; again, it doesn’t matter if you attend, just the act of signing up and spending all that money will be a spiritual—and financial—awakening to prepare you for transition from cabin to spring fever

3) start spring housecleaning with a frenzied, possibly organized, zeal; remember that April 7th heralds another Wellcat Holiday: No Housework Day, and now is the time to get into training to avoid future guilt

4) schedule a cruise to an exotic island, just in time for hurricane season

5) file your taxes early this year

6) book a weekend in Cape May prior to first day of spring (March 20) and promise to swim a quarter mile in the Atlantic, regardless of water temperature (break promise as soon as toes touch the tide, of course)

7) offer to dig all dandelion out of neighbor’s yards as soon as first green shoots appear; charge minimum wage, if you wish; then turn around and sell same greens at highest market rate, along with tips on how to use dandelion for spring elixir, purgative, and fine home made wine

8) begin writing your memoirs, preferably using number 2 lead pencil on yellow legal pad or in specially bound, expensive journal

9) check for ticks and fleas—it’s never too soon

10) memorize all important dates remaining on your personal calendar for the year; this is not only a practical way of keeping track of social commitments, it’s a good mental exercise to ward off potential memory loss

11) climb up on roof and clean out rain gutters, even if they are frozen; the simple act of elevating your body above ground level will no doubt be inspiring

12) plan at least one time a week to introduce yourself to a neighbor or co-worker you’ve seen every day for years but have never spoken to

13) experiment with sending the wrong checks to all the new conglomerates and see if they’ll notice that you’ve sent your phone bill to the cable company or paid your electric bill via a different bank (if you’ve figured out which newly merged company is the one you meant to be dealing with, please let us know, we’re still trying to figure it out!)

14) celebrate various Wellcat Holidays as soon as possible, regardless of when they appear on our annual calendar (Bathtub Party Day, for example, is not just for December 5th; nor is Answer Your Cat’s Day or Lips Appreciation Day cast in stone on any calendar)

15) take your life’s savings—or a big chunk of it—and go to local health food or herb or drug store and buy everything you’ve read about in Prevention Magazine; even if you only use some of the purchased items, just as with all the above suggestions, the very thought of doing something good means you’ve taken a step forward in combating cabin fever

16) connect with a new spiritual or social experience: go to a palm reader, take your spouse to a swinging singles club, read a book on Celtic & Druidic rituals, attend a pow wow, make your own set of runes, find a favorite incense to burn

17) go to Goodwill or a flea market and buy a new piece of furniture, even if it’s truly ugly or lacks function; you can always give it away or sell it during your next garage sale

18) read Chase’s Annual Events cover to cover—aloud—in place of watching your favorite tv show one night each week

19) set your clocks ahead early, then keep reminding yourself that you’re simply one hour off from the rest of the world

20) adopt one new habit, even if it annoys family and friends (promise yourself to break same habit before spring actually arrives)

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Haha, who are we checking for fleas & ticks (#9)?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I don't see rollerblading on the list dahlianut.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

They missed emu chariot racing too dparsons. They are obviously a tame bunch.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And I prefer not to even mention #5.

However, they do have the right idea. Why, I celebrated Lip Appreciation Day just last week. I think...... or was that Time Folding Over On Itself Week?

beats me.....

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I assumed that you had invented Hoodie Hoo Day until I read the home page of DG for today -- just a few minutes ago. What a Hoodie Hoo! I will have to celebrate it belatedly!

I hope you waved at the sun for me too cause i missed it Dahlianut

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You can wave at it tomorrow -- like you can wish a belated birthday. The sun will still be encouraged. At this time of the year, it needs all the encouragement it can get.

will do, i did spring-clean today. not inside but out 2 1/2 flowerbeds and i bought 4 more packs of flowerseed though i don't know where i am going to put them all

excuse no-caps please i have a brownie in my left hand and i'm not putting it down

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

you could hold it in your mouth while you type

It is all in my mouth now, heehee... all thats left to do is lick my fingers and get the crumbs

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL paj knows me too well. Sorry I would like to have invented Hoodie-Hoo Day but sadly not. It is a day that I might have invented if it wasn't already invented ^_^ In short HOODIE-HOO ALL!! .Don't ya just luv the hoodie-hoo part; I dare ya, hoodie-hoo your neighbours ^_^

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I told my DH about it. He thought I was nuts. Maybe he has something there. I assured him I didn't invent it. He asked me why the person didn't use the winter solstice. I told him I didn't know but that here on DG we all agreed that the sun needed all the help it could get right now!

Santa Fe, NM

Late on the Hoodie Hoo's but enjoyed the list!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

We will all be more alert next Hoodie-Hoo Day. Maybe we could start a little New Mexico Hoodie-Hoo event at the state capital or something. That would wake the state government up -- if not the sun.

lol!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Angele that is exactly what I was going to say.

The possibilities are infinite, truly.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Yes, but I've seen Bill when he's awake.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

So it might not be a good thing to Hoodie-Hoo him into unnecessary wakefulness perhaps? As in, "let sleeping _ _ _ _ _ lie?"

but it it so much more fun to wake them up..........

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, you have a point about Governor Bill, but frankly, he's pretty good at celebrating. Maybe if we hoodie-hooed him he wouldn't have time for some of the other troubles he gets into. (Our gov. was supposed to be Secretary of Commerce under Obama, but had to withdraw his nomination because the Feds are investigating him over some campaign financing issues.) He should be doing more hoodie-hooing and less of some other things, IMHO.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

:) Good point about the hoodie-hooing keeping him out of trouble. He is a man who likes attention. Of course, it might give the holiday a bad name should Bill's investigation not go well for him.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Good point there. We won't notify Gov. Bill of Hoodie-Hoo activities, and if he finds out -- being this will be at the Capital -- we will shrug our shoulders and say we didn't invite him.

Reno, NV

Well I'm late on my Hoodie-Hoo but Angele directed me right over so I can do it today.

Hoodie-Hoo all!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, that must have been the magic that worked, Duchess, cause the sun just came out here and I was able to move my soggiest Ws containers out on the edge of the deck that is still in sun, to have a little dry out time, WHEW!

HOODIE-HOO works, late or not. ;-)

Reno, NV

Yay sun! You can do it!!!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

And just when we thought we had learned about the best holiday in February, today is actually:
National Banana Bread Day
AND
International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day

methinks that maybe Day Naming guys have been indulging in a few too many refreshing beverages lately snort

Reno, NV

LOL. I acidentaly almost killed my husband with a dog biscuit:). We had dog biscuits at the coffee house I worked, gave them to the folks out with their pups. So I gave one to a friend as a joke on his birthday. Next thing I know Matt is saying it doesn't taste bad. They were peanut butter flavored and he's allergic. Got him all doped up on alergy meds and he was ok. But dang, the next day that was funny!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

ROTFL!

Uh oh, maybe it's Accidentally Almost Kill Your Hubby Day too!!!!!

Sorry, y'all, my vote still goes to Hoodie Hoo day, I rilly do not like banana bread. And I don't think it makes a very good weapon, either.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ms. Duchess in the Morning Room with a Dog Biscuit. Seems to me a read that one.

Reno, NV

LOL. I'm seriously going to have to rewrite a game of Clue to include that:)

LOL, Dahlia!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I second the too many refreshing beverages for the Day Namers thought. There is also a national Pickle Week -- at least I think that it is a whole week. They must have had a lot of refreshing beverages when they came up with that one.

Reno, NV

I'm all for lots of holidays. Just wish we got more of them off work. Sorry boss, I can't come in today, it's the start of pickle week.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I was pleased to learn that National Poetry day and National Grilled Cheese Sandwich day are *gasp* the same exact day! but I forget which day it is.

Reno, NV

We should write poetry to our grilled cheese. I love mine enough that if I could write poetry I would. :)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And at the same time offer grilled cheese to poets.

Reno, NV

Lol. What the heck, share the cheesey love!

Santa Fe, NM

L.O.L. Too silly! I like the one about taking off work for "Pickle Day". I don't see why not. I think we should invent our own holidays. Like, " Dim Sum Week"! Or the American " Cheeto Festival ".

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Exactamondo dear little bird.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.