East Texas RU TRADES #2 May 16

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

djm- I always called it Cashmere Bouquet. It blooms redish/pink. It has an odd smell, you either like it or not. Can be invasive as it spreads from under ground roots. When The Dave came over he said some call it wild hydrangea but I forgot the real name. I know others on here know it and the "real" name.
You need one.
D

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

No I definitely don't need one of those--they are called Clerodendrum bungei and are very invasive as well as smell awful (sorry--that's my opinion of them):
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1253/

Debbie

That's it. Either love or hate the smell. I'm kinda wierd I guess but I like it.

I do think they named that brand of soap after them though, didn't they?
=)

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

The flowers smell nice, it is the leaves that have a funny smell.

Josephine--got a Texas native alert for you before I add it to the list in a few minutes. Zephyranthes pulchella. These are small bulbs because its a smalll species of Zeph's. A gallon sized plastic pot would hold them nicely for you until they offset out more. Native to the Texas coastal bend and Mexico; it's a small but cheerful yellow species which blooms from August through September for us. Zephyranthes pulchella is being very negatively impacted in the wild by suburban and other building and development in Texas. This one is medium height (7"-8") and good for zones 8-10.

Want some?
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/04324.html

Yes Debbie I would like to have them, what would you like from my list?

Its OK Josephine--I'm already getting stuff from you
=)

I'll add to list in a while, I'm still doing invoices right now. I just dug them up today so I'm offering the rain lilies I dug--I'm not digging up anymore today--my hands are freezing.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I posted on the old thread but will post here as well:

Debbie - I have an Elizabeth Ann camellia (white with pink edges) for you,.. so you'll have a nice selection to go home with!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Josephine - may I have the Frostweed, please? Thank you!
I hope you can find something you'd like on my list....I'll be adding some other things later too. Lee

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Debbie, I lost all of my Salvia transylvanica during our extended drought with very hot summers. Neither clump showed any sign of life last spring. It was gorgeous, and I'm looking for a replacement.

Sure thing Lee, the Frostweed is yours. I will check your list later.

Lee could I have the Herbertia lahue?
Josephine.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Absolutely! I'll tag some for you! Thanks, Josephine!

You guys with camellia plants for trade can please save me one of each color.
Check out my list for trades.
Thanks,
DD

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I updated my list and will keep updating as I find more stuff.

I am going to try to get some of these, they grow in an area in Hawkins, I really like them. They are very small.

http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/LCP/LCP52.JPG

Habranthus texanus - Copper Lily

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49036/

This message was edited Mar 1, 2009 8:00 AM

Nomenclature on that one has officially changes--Habranthus tubispathus var. texensis
cite source"Bulbs of North America" 2001
Amaryllidaceae of North America--Alan Meerow

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

oh someone has camellia plants for trade?????

Those are some beautiful plants I'll chime in with DD on wanting some of those too ...LOL
I may have to trade my DH pretty soon If I don't get anything to stay alive form seed so far this year. LOL

those are pretty Maggi I'll have to keep my eye out and see if I find nay and grab them if possible for ya

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm sorry, I'm out of camellias. I only had two. I'm trying to root another one. It is still green and has a new leaf but no root. Go figure.

David, do you have a Maya brug? It's a variegate. I know you love the variegates. I have seeds of Maya crossed with an unknown, germinating. I have one to share if you want it. It won't be very big by May, but you know it will grow with loving care.

Jeanne

MIBUS--take those 2 extra links off my trade list above PLEASE
they are imbedded in my trade list, geez.....

sorry was just trying to make sure things you posted on the other thread were able to be found at the time when I looked they weren't on your main trade list ...was just trying to help.

no problem
=)
Just when you see more you'll know why, makes the trade list shorter. Which ones of those did you want so I can put you down--that was you right?

yes that was me I was just making a list of things ...
I feel out of place as usual as I don't have a list made up yet of anything other then some bird houses hubby is making for me and homemade bread and will probably closer to time make some stained glass sun catchers of some type too
Here is a list of wants if possible ...if taken already not a problem :)

dmj1218
Hymenocallis palmeri
Hymenocallis traubii
Zerphyranthes pulchella
Zephyranthes morrisclintii
Habranthus brachyandrus
Zephyranthes macrosiphon
Zephyranthes reginae
Salvia 'Ultra Violet
Narcissus

Karen
Blue Shrimp Plant seedlings
Red, Pink, Hot Pink and White Oleander

Maggi
Hibiscus syriacus - Rose of Sharon
Luffa
Nandinas
Dwarf Palmetto

patrob
Asiatic Jasmine
Indigo Spires'
Blazing Star
Torch Aloe

You got them--but which Narcissus do you want?
I think a suncatcher would be wonderful and would really be quite enough of a trade! I'm really into art. Celtic art--tribal art. Do you do facebook? I could let you into my homepage and you might get a better idea.....also stay tuned, a lot more rain lilies when I get a chance and probably more regular plants too.

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Gotcha down Phyllis :)

which Narcissus .........anything you what to get rid of

yes I am on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=1435472872&ref=profile

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll put your name on those plants, Phyllis.

Pat I wrote you a Dmail last week but I don't think you got it? May I please have some of your Salvia Indigo Spires for the RU? Please let me know what you'd like from my list. Thanks, Karen

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Mibus - got you down for those.

I may possibly have some very small camellias, Ken rooted some cuttings but I am reluctant to put them up for trade for another month or so. Mostly C. sasanqua or other hybrids, not C. japonica.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry, Karen, Friday was my birthday and I received a lot of d-mails and just overlooked yours. Of course I will put you down for salvia 'Indigo Spires.'

Thanks Pat, and Happy belated Birthday!

Humble, TX

Do camellias come true from seed? My grandmother's bush put off some seedlings. If they live, I may have some to share with those who have been so generous to me. :)

Thumbnail by madrid2000

I haven't a clue--but they must be hard to propagate or grow really slow--they are so expensive

I'm not picky Maggi ya know that LOL

Thanks everyone that I had on the list I really appreciate it !!!!!

I'm just trying to kinda plan ahead for once we get the back leveled and such so I can plant at the top of the terrace and around so it looks good for September plus things I like LOL....sure wish I could afford someone to come and give me ideas and tips for landscaping

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I have no other camellias available (so sorry)...and they do grow slow!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie - may I have a Zeph. pulchella and a Crinum americanum and a Mafreda maculosa, please? Thanks a bunch!

yeah Willis--give me a second to edit, kinda busy week here

here's your Mafreda maculosa today
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/778893/

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Debbie!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images