East Texas RU TRADES #2 May 16

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Guess this warm weather has everyone out digging in the dirt. Lots of things popping now so might need to divide more things and add to my list.
DD

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

hehehe yep that is probably it DD Dude
I know I have to really start looking up plants so I can make sure what is weeds and what is not as I have a whole bunch of things coming up right out back and am going to need to thin it some so I'll have some stuff to list plant wise soon....am thinking its the cone flowers and the umm corieopous(bad spelling I'm sure) ..the yellow flowers that liook kinda like a daisy but are all yellow LOL

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll take a few coreopsis Phyllis
=)

hehe knew someone would spell it right

I know they are out there just have to make sure I dig the right thing as they are in with the cone flowers LOL but will look this week during spring break and find pictures so I knwo the right leaves and get them marked for ya

I probably spelled it wrong too Phyllis--I'm the worlds worst speller (too math-science side of the brain here).
=)

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

David, The Hot Lips that Alicia got from you last fall didn't make it. May she have another? She and Ben will be at the ru.

Jeanne

I've got plenty of it if he doesn't. Please, you would be doing me a favor--I'm eliminating that one.

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok, We'll help you out. :) I'll take two if it's not too much trouble. Appreciate it.

OK--I need to add it to my trade list; give me second, I'm multi-tasking here. Looks like its going to be another long night.

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks. My night is almost over. Don't stay up too late. We lose an hour tonight to daylight savings.

Humble, TX

Looking at Debbie's list is like being a kid in a candy store, everything looks wonderful! If you have extra that others don't want, I would love crinum oliganthum, hymenocallis palmeri, zephyranthes morrisclintii, habranthus brachyandrus, zephyranthes macrosiphon and any Narcissus that need a new home.

I could bring you a batch of Effective microorganisms (ferments food/organic material to help speed decomposition) or coffee grinds....still thinking of other good things to bring you......
Tabitha

Tabitha--I hear you and I've got it jotted down on my TDL. I'm working right now plus I've got some other stuff to add to the trade list and some MarketPlace stuff to do. I'll post your wants sometime today or late tonight.
TXgrower--same as above for the salvia hot lips
Debbie

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Debbie. I have your camellias marked as well.

Humble, TX

This is better than Christmas! :)

(I have some lemongrass if anyone is interested.)

lemongrass for me please!
=)

Gilmer, TX

Don't have much of a list yet, madrid, but I would like some lemon grass also if you have plenty.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Tabitha, I'd love to have a start of lemon grass too.

Humble, TX

I'll try and divide it into sections and pot some up for all three of you. I was amazed last year how one shoot turned into a nice big bush by the end of the summer. Hopefully, they will all make it till then.
Tabitha

Hey Becky
I would love to have a confederate rose or two the one I had doesn't seem to have made it through the winter
and
Datura Triple Yellow
Datura Triple Purple
Datura Double purple

just one of each would be super as DH is liking the idea of putting some of those out back around the yard since the one white one I had last year got so big

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

OK.. Phyllis.. I found you..lol... that's me.. i guess I want to work both threads.. more attention.. right??..lol.. I'll put you down!! which Confederate Rose?? I have the 3 different kinds.. "I think".. I'm not so sure now what I have..lol

lol whatever ya wanna get rid of

OK.. I'll surprise you then..lol

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

You guys sure are busy.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Oh my goodness beck5711 there are 3 kinds of Confederate Rose?
What do they look like? I know the one that is white to pink to dark pink, What is the other 2?

I want to say I am coming. I hope to make myself. I had such fun last time I came.

I have some things on my trade list if anyone wants anything. I am behind doing because Hurricane Ike being alone and disabled I still have branches everywhere.

Madrid may I please have one of your elephant ears? I gave one of my 2 to my neighbor today. He came over when I could not cut wood with my electric chainsaw. hehe I put the chain on backwards after I had it sharpened. LOL Would not cut butter....DUH but I looked cute trying I bet. hehe

I have a pick-up truck and my chainsaw....who needs a man...** jumping up and down hand in the air....me! me! me!** Darn he only told me now I have to take it apart and try again but it was nice of him to come and tell me when I ask him to. He loved the elephant ear and I love to give plants to people. :o) I love to see people smile.

Debbie I doubt I have anything you need but would love any bulb you need to get rid of.

Blessings,
Sandy

P.S. I am getting married :o) as soon as he can move here from Baltimore. He already knows all about all of you and can't wait to meet all of my family there. You will love him as he is so good to me. He already said when he has some money he wants to donate 2,000 dollars to DG. I we do it out of love he said that's ok he still wants to. So maybe in a few yrs we will buy all the door prizes or something for the round up...I can dream. I love all of you.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Becky
You have several things I would like. Hope you can find things in my list or hope you come by this time and get what you like.
Here are my want's:
Amaryllis
Datura- all 3, greedy on these.
Amaranthus
Agastache
Velthemia

Thanks.
DD dude

Great, DDdude!! I'll put you down!!

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Becky,
Could l get a rose of sharon, hydrangea, amaryllis, and yellow kalanchoe? If there's nothing on my list right now that you can use, I'll be adding more as the RU gets closer.
Thanks, Patricia

good morning all--I think I'm on the 2nd thread now--lol (although the window is open on the other to edit)

I've added (at the top of my lists):
Salvia 'Hot Lips'--it's sprawling all over my crinums, got to really cut that one back hard
Salvia 'Mystic Spires'

Please check to make sure I've got your name under what you want.

Please also check that I'm expecting the right plants from the right person, sometimes I confuse myself.

I've got some more stuff to add but need to dig those H palmeri's and the C oliganthum today to make sure I've got as many as I think I do (like right now).

Also I have as much Zeph candida for anyone who wants any--but will add that later.

Sandy--look at the bulbs and tell me which ones you want, please =)

Tabitha--let me know which Narcissus, please

I'm adding Narcissus jonquilla simplex later today for the folks up in East Texas--its a spotty bloomer down here, needs to be in a colder part of the state in winter

Hey Patricia... I'll put you down for the ones you want. Lyle wants the same thing he wanted last fall from you..lol.. sorry.. hehe.. the blackberries

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Becky. I'll try to dig a bunch of blackberry plants for Lyle this time! Maybe I will have a few new daylilies by the time of the RU too. If the fence builder ever shows up and the danged deer are shut out of the yard, the poor things might have a chance to grow.

Debbie, I really want some of everything you have :>) and I am trying very hard not to be greedy. But I really "need" one of your salvia 'Hot Lips,' 'salvia Mystic Spires,' and salvia 'Ultra Violet.' I have an extra salvia 'vanhouttei' in the greenhouse. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/125656/ It would be hardy in Houston. I'll dig around in there and see what else I might have to offer you.

That's OK Pat, sorta burnt out on those red salvia's here (they always tend to sprawl all over everything; what's up with the reds? the other colors tend to behave!)--a start of your mints will be cool. I'll update my list again later--need 2 of any of these salvia's?

Trying to get all the yard refuse out for the garbage people--I don't know about you folks, but 4 straight days of yard work has done me in.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Debbie, I'll take 2 of any of the salvias you have plenty of. Thank you! I can at least load up the clay pots I have around and don't use.

Patricia... you know I love DL's..lol.. but the blackberries will be more than enough.. BUT I'd love that vanhouttei salvia, if Debbie doesn't want it.. that one is neat! see if there's something else i can bring you!!

Debbie.. since you know about the Velthemias, would you mind dmailing me and sharing your info with me?? I have lots of questions and I imagine you have the knowledge I need.. Just at your convenience if you can..ty

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll put your name on the salvia vanhouttei, Becky. It's a pretty one, but not hardy here on the line between zone 7b and 8a. It should do fine for you. The nursery I got the original from is south of us 35 miles, and the owner said it was hardy there. I'm sure you will have something else that I "need" before the RU.

I should be able to more of the salvia vanhouteii if anyone else wants one.

Off topic, but I am so excited! I have flower buds swelling up on one of the brugs I have in the greenhouse! Like I really needed another plant addiction. And all but a couple of the cuttings I received are rooted, potted, and growing like crazy. What fun!

I sent you three links--did you look at them?

Use google books, and look for the Veltheima bracteata section and not Veltheima capensis (the care is very different for V capensis) in the following should get you started:

1. 'The Color Encyclopedia of Cape Bulbs' by Manning + Goldblatt (by Timber Press)
2. 'Pocket Guide to Bulbs' by John Bryan (pg 203-205) (also by Timber Press)
3. 'The Bulb Expert' by Dr. DG Hessayon

TY Patricia.. I have had blooms already on someof them.. soooo exciting..lol.. TY again MAGGIE and KENBOY!!

Sorry Debbie.. I didn't get a dmail from you, but TY for these links... I'll look them up!

This is Adeline from M and K.. sorry I take the worst pis

That was your dmail--what you are asking me to do is what I do for my customers; otherwise, folks do their own research. that's my standing policy--its even stated on my membership page. I mean this in the most loving of ways--please don't take it the wrong way, but sometimes I'm deluged for free advice and that's what I do for a living.
=)

OH Debbie... LOL.. I do understand, and believe me I don't take offense at all! TY for the links though, I really appreciate it!! I was having a time just googleing for it

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.