East Texas RU TRADES #2 May 16

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll show you one of them:
http://books.google.com/books?id=uG71ye3wQY8C&pg=PA502&dq=veltheima+bracteata#PPA82,M1

page 82 bottom, color pic's page 83

Sometimes these straight google book links don't work. Basically you can see in any books by just typing google books up in your browser, then type in name of book, then search for the part you want within that book.

I have a philosophy from 20 years as a high school physics and chemistry teacher--"he who does the work does the learning" LOL
It pretty much applies to life in general.....
=)

Humble, TX

Sandy-I'll try and save you an EE, I gave most of them away last year, but I'll see what else comes up.

Debbie-if I had to pick which ones I loved the most, it would be pipit and Erlicheer.

Becky-I'm glad you found us :)

Pipit and Erlicheer for you Tabitha--will edit that tomorrow night
=)

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

aww Tabitha.. I am glad I found y'all too.. can't wait to see you and Gemma

Debbie.. now I feel special..lol.. (after all the mess last night).. and I also don't care to oblige authority much either. TY for the link.. being on dial up, it might take a while to load, but I will read it!! I did find where it might take 3 years to flower from seed. Gosh, I hope I have the patience for that! You are just an all around intelligent girl, and I am curious by nature, but never applied myself since i have been a housewife most of my life, but i do agree If you don't "use" it .. you lose it1

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Patrob I would love a salvia vanhouteii. I love saliva of any type. I have this one or a look like one that started growing in the yard. It is so pretty. I need to dig them before my neighbor mows. lol They have seeds I need to pick also. Any idea what its name is? had to edit picture not too good with it in the grass. It is a pale lavendar.

I know besides my trade list here I have some confetti lantana plants (pink and yellow) I need to dig up. I have some dwarf nandina, and tons of Christmas senna seeds.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2009 12:48 AM

Becky--most bulbs (but not all) do take 3 years to bloom from seed. But a lot of perennials also take 2 years to bloom from seed and actually 3 to get a really good bloom--so its all relative.

As far as being intelligent goes--its mostly hard work and the necessity to support myself and my kid--although the kid is now 20.

Morning All!!
Debbie... I am new to seeds, at least flower seeds, so this has been a wonderful experience for me and one I don't ever see me going back to just vegies! I am amazed at the germination rate, and bloom rate differences..lol Guess I was of the mindset .. plant.. grow and eat in 2-3 months... soooo why not see pretty blooms that quick? What was it you basically meant.." Knowledge is power"...LOL.. I am learning, I just don't like the back up learning. I admire you girls, that make it on your own!

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Sandy, I believe your plants are lyreleaf sage, salvia lyrata. I have it too, and it is very pretty when it blooms. I'll put you down for salvia vanhouttei and start stick some cuttings today.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Patricia, if you have one more of the vanhouttei, I'd love to have one.
Charlene

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm trying to root some more, Charlene, and will put you down for one.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Phyliss, I added Trishann's link on the first trade list, please add her to this one.
Thanks,
Charlene

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

ok its added in thanks for lettin me know it was up

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Patrob - Patricia - please tag one of your new Salvia vanhouteii starts for me too, please ma'am! If you have enough Blackberry plants, could I have 1 or 2? Thanks a bunch! Lee

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Certainly, Lee, I'll put you down for Salvia vanhouttei and blackberry plants.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you, Ma'am! :~)

I created a FB event for this "festival" of ours (I had to classify it as something--if someone will bring a guitar or a harmonica or a set on bongo's--it'll do) because if I don't, I won't be able to keep up, with the date. Feel free to contribute as you like--a map would be useful for me, but not required. I consider getting lost in deep east Texas just to be another adventure in life. As long as I can find my bottle of vitamin water and cigarettes while driving with all these plants--I'm good to go about anywhere. Pictures are allowed on the event site too--general comments, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=741307292&ref=profile#/event.php?eid=56555053489&ref=mf

Debbie

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm so there!

you're catching the bongo drums, right?

haha, you bet!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

DD - I swear I'm losin' it!~ I recall our discussion about trades but can't seem to locate the posts.....you wanted a complete selection of the bulbs I have....if I recall correctly....was there anything else? I didn't post it on my "have" list....(like I should have!) at that time....and consequently typing this now! :~) Thanks, Lee

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Ahhhhh....I found it! Forgive me,.....Sometimer's - advanced case!
I did post it after all.....MMMM....MMM...MMMM

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen - may I also have a Toothache (or Eyeball) plant? Thanks! Lee

Of course you can Willis, got you down!

Trish--can I have a purple cherokee tomato? I ran out of seeds on that one. I'll grow it out as a fall tomato here.
Debbie
=)

Anyone up for an heirloom tomato seed exchange while we are at it?

Trish.. I have another request for you... I'd love one of your Church birdhouses, please! I hope you can find some things you would like from my list!

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Trish, may I have a cherokee purple tomato? See if there is anything on my list that you would like.

Karen, I would love to have an eyeball plant. Maybe it will help me see my way around here. LOL See what I could bring for you.

Is there anyone around who knows the good wholesale nurseries around Tyler? I want to make a trip, but I would love to have a knowledgable shopping buddy or two or three.

I would like to go sometimes next week. Becky needs me to pick her up some pots so I will be going to Kenny wholesale for that.

Anyone with knowledge or between here and Tyler that wants to go, LMK. I have to pass right through Palestine so I know Darkmoondreamer and TXgrower will be nearby.

Charlene

Charlene I have you down. I'd like some of your Coleus please, gold and ruffled.

It's Maggies Birthday today!! Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a magnificent day... one you'll remember as being your best!!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Maggie,
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day....
Trishann

Happy Birthday Maggi

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday, once more!! Lee & Dee

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks! Had a great day yesterday and today we are planting more seeds :~)

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Harris nursery is just north of Tyler and they have a wholesale department. We sold them lots of Brugs last year. They have a good selection of plants.

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Hughes is south of Tyler on Hwy 69. They sell plants to the public at wholesale prices with deeper discounts for businesses with a tax number.

They have everything from flats of bedding plants up to shrubs and trees. Very good prices and they've always had good quality plants.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, it looks like it will be next week before I get to go to Tyler. Thank you Maggie and Ken for your help. Anyone decide they want to join me?

Charlene

Gilmer, TX

Does anyone have any air potato tubers. My vine didn't produce any potatoes last year. Boo Hoo I have this big tube I plant them in each year andit just won't be the same without those vines climbing up and over the patio cover. Also to keep anybody from beatingup on me because they are invasive, I keep them in a pot and they would have to grow legs to get to any place where they could cause trouble. LOL

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

hey guys,
my parents have a huge old Mulberry tree that produces delicious fruit every spring. i was thinking about maybe trying to root some cuttings for the RU, if anyone would be interested. i have no idea how easy it is to root, but i figured this is the time of year to try it! if anyone is interested, please let me know.

tracie

Oh fresh mulberries I just want the fruit they produce

ok I have edited my post for trades but I can't get a picture put in so I am going to post it here.

I can tell you the log cabin one is already gone.

I am also going to make some bread as I know Becky already wants some it is a honey whole wheat bread
and I'm going to make a few small sun catchers ...flower of some kind
and hopefully I can get out and see what is coming up that I can dig up for trades one of these weekends before hand too LOL

This message was edited Mar 21, 2009 9:28 PM

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Those are wonderful! Would you put my name on the one with irises (bottom left in the photo)?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.