East Texas RU TRADES #2 May 16

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow--they are gorgeous! I have nill creativity...If you don't want to make me a suncatcher, I'll take the little red barn with the star on the front......
Debbie
=)

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

pat you got it and debbie you tell me what ya want either way is fine by me

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

OH Phyllis.. I'd love the Dew drop In one.. that is tooooo cute! course i still want my bread..lol... what can I bring you??

Phyllis--I'll take the birdhouse since it is done already--I'll have to bring you a surprise of some sort (I'm thinking here) plus the others to make up for it......pick more stuff on my list (do you want me to bring some other rain lillies up there?) give me a hint.....=)

This message was edited Mar 21, 2009 11:23 PM

ok becky got it and what do I want ....hahahahahahaha......
debbie same answer ....hahahahaha

ummmmmmm

no idea really just have to look at your lists and see I know I want this place to look rally nice when my folks and brother get here for my daughters wedding in september LOL

I need to add to mine, I will soon--I'm just busy trying to plant veggie's while there's a window of opportunity and a few other projects (leftover courtesy of Ike)....

I'll be adding to mine as well. My kids are here from TN. and my son is trying to kill us..lol.. working us to death!

TY Phyllis... surely I can help fix you up for the wedding.. I hope so!

ok think on this with me.... for the wedding on the tables I am making lace baskets ...embroidery machine making them and for inside them my daughter has the idea of putting a pot with a flowering plant in it. as everyone leaves each couple and single guest will be able to take one with them ...we are talking maybe 30 total of these baskets ...that many right now as if you count couple and singles it comes out around that ...small wedding
so what can I use as a flowering plant that will bloom come labor day LOL
some people have homes some live in apartments so a variety for each way LOL

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Beck, did you see my post about the fire in Orange?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/965836/

My mom and 47 other residents lost everything.

I am still in disbelief!
It sure makes you want to hug your mom!
If that fire had happened just a little bit later, most everyone would have been gone to bed and asleep.

Charlene

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Phyllis may I have the little red barn with the regular white door and the advertisements on the roof? Those are just adorable, did your DH make them? Daisies in the baskets?

ok you got it Karen and yeah he did we talked and came up wtih the plans so to speak and he went form there and I painted or put stickers etc. on them LOL
actually the one you just picked has seed packet prints on it like an old barns that had advertisements on the roofs and such LOL

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I am seconding catlady's request for Air Potatoes

I sure hope someone has some :~)

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Phyllis! Did you see my suggestion for daisies in the little baskets at the wedding?

oh LOL mind was else where and thought you were meaning on the barn

that is an idea I was thinking more of a variety so some could plants things outside and some could keep them in pots inside

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Gerber Daisy would go well in the baskets. You could use the color you wanted or mix them up.

ok so how well would they do up north? as I know my nieces will take one and then there will be my folks and brother and they are all in central Illinois every one else is in Texas from east Texas to Houston area LOL

will they be in bloom come September? and any other ideas of flowers that would be that could go in pots?..ROFL

Phyllis.. I think that is a wonderful keepsake idea to give the guests. I would think anything perenneil (SP) would be a nice memory for them. I don't mind starting the seeds for you, since you were having bad luck with them earlier. That ought to worth... let's see..... how many loaves of bread???...LOLOL

I was just thinking as long as it is something can be forced so to speak to bloom labor day weekend or in bloom at that time it would be good.
so starting from seed would be okay as long as they can make it through the hot summer of july/august LOL

Becky as for you..........................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I might never make it to work after summer due to making bread everyday for you ..roflmao

I suggest planting quite a few extra, then you can choose the prettier ones for the gifts and plant out the rest yourself. I've just started plants from seeds this year, so I am a newbie..lol.. but I am having great luck with the ones I have planted so far! No.. I am offering my services to you... I only want 1 loaf... welll LOL.. maybe 2... but that's all. I have to let you work everyday to PAY for this wedding..lol

yeah.. something that the blooms stay on a while is a great choice... gerber daisys do.. don't they DDdude??

OR profuse blooming ones..gotta do some research..lol

Did a lil research...Zinnias ( I have some already .... "Candy Cane"),Marigolds,Chrysanthemums,Asters,Carnation,Gerbera Daisy,Kalanchoe,Roses, (Girl.. I could start you bunches of an old pink floribunda type one),Salvia

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

What about petunias? They bloom and bloom. They come in minis too.

Chrysanthemums,Asters, Pansies I know my mom loves those I am game for anything that would work LOL
suppose I better get a basket made so you can see the size of the baskets that the pots are gonna sit in and then I am going to put something like Easter grass around the pot to fill it in LOL

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

I know you want something blooming and a pernerial for the wedding but I think you will be limited cause of the time of the year.. when I did wedding work we often used small pots of varigated Ivy then added fresh flowers like daisy mums, mini carns or alstromeria using water pics to add color to them. you could do all the same or a mix and match for a garden look .. tha t way you have something that will live on and you don thave to worry about if it gettin tossed cause they dont have a place outdoors for it
just my 2 cents on the subject...

these are in every garden center by the end of Aug-Chrysanthemums,Asters

mums you can get almost any color now too--and they are tough. they will survive not being planted out immediately if the guests don't have time.
Debbie
(a very tired Debbie after working outside for 7 straight days)

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

or you could use african violets.. they are pretty and come in all colors

Just wanted to know if someone might want some climbing roses.. they just bloom in the spring.. but a gorgeous pink!! If I don't hear from anyone within a couple days they are going in a burn pile..lol

Phyllis.. aren't you proud of me?? I found the right thread..LOL

yes I am proud of you and no do not put those in the burning pile you silly girl I have fence I can grow some of them on LOL

LOL.. I thunked for once.. ok.. they are yours... ALL of them..lol

ROFL ok doug will love us for that LOL

hehe.. oh me.. maybe he won't remember who I am

that's a good possibility LOL

Humble, TX

I have a dune aloe that needs a new home.
I am also looking for a candletree plant or seeds. A friend of mine lost her's in the hurricane and wasn't able to find it at the Mercer yearly sale where she originally purchased it.
-Tabitha

If you mean cassia alata- candelabra , I may have some by RU time. If this weather would settle. Get ready folks the Easter freeze is coming next week. Will I ever get to clean out my GH ?

Tabitha let me check my seeds I think I still have a few left from last year I didn't start and I can bring them to ya

someone remind me Monday as we are headed out to Illinois for a wedding Saturday and will be back Sunday late *sigh* sure wish I was magic and would just wiggle my nose to be there and back not looking forward to the 15 hour drive twice in one weekend.

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Does anyone have any passion flower vines for trade?

I feel for you girl... Lyle is wanting to go to TN in a couple weeks.. the house has to have a new roof put on there... that's a 12 1/2 hour drive and that's LONG enough..lol... Be careful.. hope you can enjoy the wedding!!

DDDude... now come on we don't want any easter frost reminders..lol.. it's spring.. or that's what I've been telling myself

Tabitha.. I have you a surprise.. have to wait till the RU to find out

Trishan.. they grow wild around here, but since i'm not a vine person I never pay attention to them, but I will look and see if any are starting to come up

Trish- If you want the common May Pop, I can get all you might want. They are beauties but can come up anywhere once they get started.

Becky-The weather report says high 30's in the morning with a freeze warning for next week. I only mention it because I have so many things going for our MG Plant sale coming up on Saturday the 18th. I want them looking good and not nipped. Too much to get in the GH so have to be alert.

Mama said " Can't go barefoot 'till after Easter".

DDD

Humble, TX

I love barefoot in the dirt!

LOL David.... on the Momma saying... hey... Momma knows best!! Believe me, I'm watching the weather too. Seems like I'm doomed if i do, and doomed if i don't

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.