Need a Greenhouse for free near Albuquerque?

Corrales, NM(Zone 7a)

A woman just posted this on Freecycle in Albuquerque:

Big hoop-house style metal greenhouse frame; several bows and lots of
supports and hardware. Big enough for a 20'X 60' or so greenhouse. You
must move it; mostly disassembled, but you will need to get the ground
posts out. Bring help; I can't do it! Includes heater, fan, vent, etc.
but I don't know if you can get them working. You will need a flatbed
trailer. We are an hour east of Albuquerque; don't respond if you
can't come out here.

If anyone is interested I can get you the e-mail. Things often go pretty quickly when they are large items. I can't get it because I don't have the resources to go and pick it up or the man power to put it together right now. :( But I had to share the info, just in case anyone else was interested.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the announcement LissaD. Its a tad too big for my yard. You should pick it up, even if you don't re-assemble for a while.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Go get it!!! I love my hoop house!

Corrales, NM(Zone 7a)

LOL, I wish, my husband would kill me! We have so many other things around here that need doing first. :) oh well.

Santa Fe, NM

It sounds like a good deal if you have the room and a way to get it.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sounds like an excellent deal!!!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My neighbors would have me executed because they would think it was too tacky for their elegant yards. I am already in trouble in that department. They don't like my compost piles either.

Corrales, NM(Zone 7a)

Well, I did think of that too paj! LOL. My area is a little more mixed, you can get away with a lot. I actually would have room at the back of the house where you couldn't even see it from the road. We have the whole back of the lot which is leech field for the septic. There isn't anything I can do back there. :( It might still happen in the future.

She did end up giving it to someone else. I wrote to her and did offer that if she had a hard time getting rid of it, I would see what I could work out.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

The leech field of a septic tank is a great place to grow fruit trees. Fruit will be totally safe and well fertilized and watered. I had a friend from the State of New Mexico Engineer's Office do just that in his own yard.

Corrales, NM(Zone 7a)

Really, I wasn't sure about that. Right now it is home to a trampoline and sand toys, and a multitude of freely self-seeding goats heads. I have a lot of work out there.......

I desperately want fruit trees, and they would get a lot of sun out there. Thanks for the idea!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Go for it. It is a wise use of precious resources. But the kids will need a home for their trampoline. Maybe you could surround it with fruit trees?

Corrales, NM(Zone 7a)

I'll just fit it all in! LOL. Also the tree house and all my wintersowing containers are out there.... Anything I don't want people to see is out there.

BTW... the neighbors cherry tree is in full bloom. SO pretty. I've got nothin'.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, you better get some fruit trees so you will have early flowers, not to mention fruit! And what are all those boys going to climb without an apple tree? Better get one pronto.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.