Took My Asteroid for a Drive...

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

And came up with this.

48" high by 46" wide acrylic on canvas. The stars nearly drove me crazy, as each of the larger one has anywhere from 20 to 80+ brushstrokes with a tiny brush. (Hint: very few had only 20.) And there are over four dozen of those buggers. I tend to prefer large sweeping strokes with a large brush...

Thumbnail by mulchmania
Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Here's a star detail to show you what I mean.

Thumbnail by mulchmania
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh that is just gorgeous, Mulch! Wowie! Me want! LOL!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, that is just gorgeous!

Santa Fe, NM

Really nice one, Mulch!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Poppies are you! So are colors! That is stunningly beautiful, Lexi.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Oh very nice. Like a moon garden painting. Only dreamier.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

star garden.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Persistence and attention to detail pays off. Very nice.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Totally outstanding Mulch! I assume the poppy is velcroed to the asteroid?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Your picture would work on a T-shirt too. ;)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oooh.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Awesome painting mulch. I too can picture it on a t-shirt.

Reno, NV

Stunning work as always. Love the stars.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

What are you calling it Mulch?

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Thanks everyone, glad you like it. I do sometimes put my paintings on t shirts for the gallery so that can be done. This painting is named Awakened.

But didn't you know my asteroid looks like a poppy? I thought it was so obvious. ;-)

The weather sure took a sharp left turn here. It snowed hard all day yesterday and then a strong west wind all evening into the night, which is a highly unusual wind direction for winter. So we got big snowdrifts in places they do not regularly occur. For the VERY FIRST TIME since we have lived here (somewhere around 14 years I think) we actually had to shovel the drive to get out, hip high snowdrift between the pickup and the street. Weird.

Reno, NV

Oh wow. That sounds like a serious snow dump and a really good reason to stay home and drink chocolate;)

Santa Fe, NM

Strange weather for all of us. I talked to a friend who works at a local garden center today and he also thought plants were blooming about a month earlier than usual. And now freezing. Fortunately, the poppy asteroid is safe!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

The poppy design is good for an asteroid. Nobody will recognize it. Nobody will know its us.

Santa Fe, NM

Good thinking!

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Considering the snow level here, taking a spin in the poppy asteroid is most appealing. Anyone want to come along? And where should we go?

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I want to go too. You ever been to pluto? lol

Santa Fe, NM

I'm going along! Some where warm is where we should go. With roses and exotic bazaars, small shops full of dusty bottles of scent and magical what-nots. Walled gardens with bright blue tiled fountains!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, heck, Roybird, you are speaking my language there. Isphahan. Or some such place. In the walled gardens, birds sing. The scent of the flowers causes you to doze, until someone brings you sparkling lime water lightly laced with an exotic honey......

I don't think they have those amenities on Pluto, but one never knows.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

If we go to Pluto I'd like to take a look at Neptune on the way. It is a most gorgeous shade of blue. Neither is warm, but perhaps the Poppy Asteroid is heated.

If not we can go to Crete.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

The thing about Pluto is that it can be whatever you want it to be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce51k8tjlBQ I have liked this song since '89!

I would love a tour of Neptune as well. We can skip Uranus as far as I'm concerned.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I've always liked Siouxsie's voice.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Like what is the matter with Uranus? It seems to me a planet that rotates around the sun lying on its side unlike the other planets is a perfect fit for us Rocky Mountain Forum folks.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

I don't think that sounds warm. Exotic, fun maybe... but not warm. And talk about challenges with gardening...

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

*snort*

Alien gardeners is what we'd be.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

I guess if you can figure out altitude, you can figure out extra-terrestrial.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Maybe the one is training for the other?

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Well, if you can figure out "desert"... you must be able to figure out anything...

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

"I want to be

under the sea

in an octopus's garden

in the shade...................."

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

You guys are a hoot! I have admired Siouxsie for quite a while dparsons. I have been having a great time listening to old tunes and cooking dinner. Life is good. Mulch... with all that sideways rotating I can't even go there. lol But I'm sure I would fit in as would kTalia... she just doesn't know it yet! Oh and Kyla I think you would have a blast there.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, surely, the company is excellent........ but it is getting late and it's a long way home to Andromeda.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Sweet nighttime travels, Kyla, and to all of us, too!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I realized it was a poppy! I just didn't mention it. Pluto and Uranus are cold. I want to go somewhere warm.

Reno, NV

I like the sparkeling lime water. It comes from a burbeling artisan spring just that way, lime and honey and all. Of course we'll have to visit the spring while we're there. Tucked in a little hollow, wreathed in mist with mosses and ferns making soft resting places all around. Maybe it's on our friendly sideways planet.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Duchess, I could certainly go there, Uranus or elsewhere!

Paj, my comment was to Dahlianut who thought the poppy was velcroed to the asteroid instead of it being the asteroid. I think we had a miscue there somewhere...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.