Rocky Mountain Forum shirts (and other stuff)

Santa Fe, NM

Katlian, I think it has to do with the way different ink colors react with different dyes. Or inks on inks. Printing can be an art form. For what Zazzle does and for what they charge, my expectations are not super high. They are o.k. And they do custom orders with no minimum quantity. Your design is great! I bet you could return your blue shirt to Zazzle and they would replace it with another color.

Reno, NV

I'm sure they're still fine. I'm looking forward to meeting you and trying mine on;)

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I think they're great. I also wouldn't try to balance colors on a colored background.

Santa Fe, NM

My t-shirt arrived today! XL fits me perfectly and could shrink a tiny bit. Even on white the mountains are rather pale. Otherwise, it looks great except I already got it dirty somehow just taking it out of the bag. I figured that will make it more wearable since I will not have to worry about getting it dirty now. That's the problem with white! I think you are right about adjusting the color tones. But, it is a very cool shirt as is. Nice work, Katlian!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL! at getting it dirty taking it out of the bag, that so sounds like me, Roybird.

I will try to make sure to wash my hands real good before opening mine (not arrived yet, also white) and make sure I am not eating anything with tomato sauce or chocolate.

The pale colors will simply reflect the more etherial qualities of our association.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

LOL! More like eartherial.

Reno, NV

Hehe. Good one.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I got mine today also, and I agree that the light colors are a bit light, but I love it... it is etherial and eartherial! I would recommend future orders choose the darker colors, though. MIne is pink, btw. I do love it! Might have to get a second one...

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

*sigh*

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Yay, me too. I got white with pink trim. I love it! And I got a mug too. Had my husband take a picture of a very worn out me in it this evening. I also ordered one size larger than normal and it fits just right. FYI

Front:

Thumbnail by kTalia
Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Back:

Thumbnail by kTalia
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Super pictures! Very nice, nice to see your face, nice shirt..... cool!

Mine is slow to arrive probly cause I chose the cheapo shipping option.........

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I haven't even ordered mine because I lost my purse in the parking lot of the Chinese grocery on Sunday. I got it back totally intact on Monday -- nice Chinese grocer-- but had to cancel my credit cards in case someone found it and wanted to go on a buying spree. I will get new cards in a week to 10 days.

Love yours, kTalia. And you do a great job of modeling it -- and I like the spruce tree behind.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Losing credit cards IS very stressful. I'm glad at least you know they were found though. That narrows the hit list a bit.

The spruce tree is the only one of it's species remaining in my yard from an original six. Three I was able to dig up (they had not even escaped they're burlap bags) and find homes for, two had to be cut down (one was used for our Christmas tree in 2007). I just felt six was a bit much for such a large tree in such a small yard and they're not the nice soft sort you like to brush up against. All of them "disappeared" while my husband was at work. That's why now everyone in the family says, "You can't leave her alone for a minute. She might bust out a wall!" Well, there are a few other things I did too. I'm even guilty of luring my mother-in-law into similar craziness at their house. Something that's going to make my father-in-law crazy someday I'm sure. Hehehe

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You are right about spruces needing room to grow. Everyone forgets that about trees when they are little and the end up with stunted dwarfs. I cut trees down in almost every yard I have ever had -- usually Chinese elms, but at this house it was may 60 -80 ponderosa pines, some stunted and tiny, some huge and already breaking sidewalks and perimeter walls in this 20 year old house. And one blue spruce which upset one of my neighbors quite a bit. But I still have around 20 ponderosa pines on 1/2 acre which is way too many even now. But at least now I have a few fruit trees.
Trees are so much prettier when they have sun, root space and water to grow well. My yard still has tones of shade.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Thanks for posting pics kTalia, it looks lovely. I'm jealous that so many members get to meet up at the DBG plant sale. Are you all going to wear your new shirts? I hope the weather is lovely and warm.

Good for you Paj. Too many people in the Sierras have way too many pine trees in their yards, sometimes they even have their deck built around the tree and the branches touch the house. It can't be good for the house and it's a major fire hazard.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Dang! That is a lot!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Nice pics, kTalia! And fun to see your smiling face.

Santa Fe, NM

You're lookin' good, Ktalia! The shirt looks nice, too. I would like to disappear some trees in our yard, mulberries. But D.H. appears to be on a one man crusade to save every tree on the planet, no matter how crowded or sickly. And the mulberry trees are, sadly, quite large and fairly healthy.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Mulberries sound so yummy. I wonder if I could get one to grow in zone 4. I haven't seen any here. Any idea?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O KTalia your shirt looks so fabby!!! I like the contrasting pink.

Santa Fe, NM

Picante, I think mulberries grow anywhere! They are very sweet with not much flavor. Birds adore them.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

According to the plant files mulberries only grow through zone 5, but maybe you could find a warm microzone for them. Or maybe the Plant Files just doesn't know. It is possible that no one on DG has tested them in zone 4. You could give it a try and share the info.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Picante,
Check out Raintree. They do have a mulberry for zone 4.

http://www.raintreenursery.com/catalog/producttype.cfm?producttype=MULB

Then check with roybird. Her husband has figured out how to make a drink -- called a shrub from mulberries.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

roybird,
I looked up mulberry in Wikipedia and decided that you should learn to love them. ( Well, perhaps). They are very good for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulberry

I seem to remember that they sold mulberry tea in Thailand -- used it to treat diabetes, as I recall.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Treating diabetes? That is ironic as sweet as they are.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yeah, I don't know if that treatment works or not, but I never dismiss any oriental herbal remedies out of hand, because they have been studying this for centuries. It might have been the leaf that was in that tea, not the berries.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Maybe that is what I need, I am zone 4 and would love some mulberries for the birds. I have a couple of oriental cherries that are not doing well I could move somewhere they might be happier and park the mulberries there. Well drained I have, to the max.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Hey, that's a great idea.

Santa Fe, NM

D.H. believes that the birds prefer the mulberries to the cherries. If the mulberries are ripe at the same time as the cherries, which they often are, the birds don't get in to the cherries as much. That is the theory. Because the fruit trees were planted at least 30 years ago by the original owners of this "estate", D.H. credits them with the cherry/mulberry combo. So, it is folk wisdom. How can I argue?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Its better than trying to negotiate half of your tree with them.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, the appalling thought is that your DH could be right. That is always tough, but sometimes happens. Maybe you should make mulberry preserves.
Only, couldn't your DH get by with one mulberry? Must the birds have two?

Santa Fe, NM

I read your post out loud to him. He is most gratified. I did not read him the part about having two because one is white and the other is red. And with both of us having stomach flu it did not seem a good time for mulberry discussion. The white one is not so messy, anyway.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, I am glad you read it to him. Sometimes the guys are right -- even about gardens. At least you don't have the black ones which really are messy. Or rather, their mess is more obvious. It is apparently illegal to plant a fruiting mulberry in Albuquerque due to their messiness on local sidewalks. That seems to be going a bit far.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Roybird, I hope you and DH are both feeling better soon!

Santa Fe, NM

Thank you, Brenda and Betty. We're weak and worn out but not really at Death's Door.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Is your poor, DH, working even though he is sick? Tell him not to.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

It is illegal to plant male junipers here too, due to the pollen. All the junipers sold and planted in the city are female.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

How interesting! I like that law. Also Albuquerque has banned planting Siberian ( Chinese) elm and Russian olive due to the pollen. I think that is very progressive. Of course, all of the above are good at planting themselves, but no need for locals to help them out!

Santa Fe, NM

Good idea about the banned trees. Of course, D.H. is working away, on Easter Sunday, and sick, too. He is determined to finish this job and is ready to die trying!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.