Rocky Mountain Forum shirts (and other stuff)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Roybird, sorry you all are feeling poorly!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I guess I am not surprised Kevin is working. Poor guy doesn't know when to quit.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Oye, husbands. Mine has been working all day and night and sick to boot as well. But not today, he's just having me tend to him today. : ) Sorry to hear you and your hubby have been sick Roybird. So far, I'm still dodging this round.

Santa Fe, NM

I don't get sick often and it always surprises me when I do! It just seems so unfair. Plus, it is so boring! Whine, whine.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

IMO whining is allowed among friends when you're sick, poor you! Boring is right. Hope you have good reading material.

Santa Fe, NM

I feel like I've read everything in the house and, because I'm not feeling good, it all seems to give me a headache. I've been sorting and filing my 2009 pictures on the computer which is something I need to do anyway. Thanks for letting me whine! I've been living on ginger tea, white rice and jelly beans. Not a bad diet, actually! And vitamin c drink, Emergen-C. Full of little fizzy electrolytes. No Easter ham, lamb, asparagus for us this year. No mimosas. Wah.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

We took a vacation from Easter celebration this year. We are having a restful day off and DH is spending time moving his mother's stereo -- something he has been putting off for a long time. Neither of us is sick -- luckily for us. Have some tea with sugar and lemon, roybird. That always makes me feel better. Maybe it will work for you.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I think the jellybeans may be the active ingredient in the medicinal array there.....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Get well soon roybird and DH. Being unwell is no fun. I did not know about the jellybean remedy and I have entered this therapy in the Great Book of Lists for future reference (except for the blue ones of course). I would think the yellow, orange and green ones would be extra beneficial being citrusy.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

What? No mimosas? Don't you know they are loaded with vitamin C????? And, they make you feel better, and then you can nap!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Blueberry tea is a classic remedy for me. And the bonus is you don't care that you're sick.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

New discount code for zazzle is out today... save 10.40% on all orders, use code TAXDAYZAZZLE at checkout. Good thru April 15.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Haha... very funny. :D

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

I've had the crud, too, roybird. My poor DH had it for a month, and then I finally caught it last Thursday. My congestion was minimal compared to his, but, oh, the headaches! They just kept coming & going. Now I'm just very tired, and he's very tired & depressed.

Thanks, PJ, I've seen that weeping mulberry listed in the Oikos catalog, too. I'm very tempted! I just have a hunch they want acid soil, or humidity, or something we don't have....

What do you think, Mulch?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, if roybird can grow them, I bet you can. Her soil is bound to be alkaline -- everything in this part of the world is.

Santa Fe, NM

They were here when we bought the house. The soil is heavy clay; so likely alkaline. I tested it myself once a long time ago and alkaline it was. It may have improved some since then, considering all the compost and stuff I've put in it. At one point I even added sand to it; a big mistake. Parts of it were sandy, then, with clay underneath. Almost half of my small backyard was an old brick foundation which I dug up and got bricks from. Part of it is still there. Then, I had an idea about making a garden edging with glass bottles which looked awful and resulted in broken glass being added to the soil. It took quite awhile to get that out. Picante, I sympathize. D.H. didn't get it as hard as I did and is almost back to normal. I'm slowly getting better. The headaches were what I started with and then fever and gastroenteritis. It wears you out. I had a scrambled egg and a tortilla this morning! The most food I've had at one time in several days. We'll see how it goes.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sending healing vibes, roybird! Hope you continue to improve -- remember when DH and I had it in LA? It was awful. That may be why I didn't catch yours -- already had it. Haven't heard from dparsons lately. Hope they didn't get it. Knock on wood for all of us.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I think I am going to try a mulberry. A couple most likely.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I was looking at the colors and styles, too and thought the picture might really show up well on a darker colored shirt. Haven't decided for sure yet. I think a mug would be nice as well. We always drink our coffee from a huge collection of unmatched mugs with pictures of dogs, alligators, humping bunnies, computer software advertisements, you name it. Need a DG mug, I think.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I like the mug I ordered. It's glass, frosted on the inside and glossy on the outside. I have been using it at work and my coworkers think it's very nice. My cube neighbor has been making designs so she can open her own gallery.

I hope you feel better soon roybird. I would send you some nice homemade chicken soup but it would probably spoil by the time it got there and that wouldn't make you feel better at all!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

And I would send her miso soup, but it is not her favorite. Best to let her stick to Italian soda, I guess.

Reno, NV

Sending lots of mental chicken soup.

Got my shirt and got to meet Katlian Saturday. Very nice to meet you ;). The tank top shirt is really on the small side. It fits but their xxl is like a med from most stores.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O I'm so glad I ordered the bigger size of the tank top! I sooooooo want mine to come soon so I can wear the T to Denver. I think it will be a big help getting my seeds through. Although it's perfectly legal, the DA advises that Customs does have the right to take them away :O Funny but chocolate is never taken away. I guess because it's an essential food group.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

What customs official, no matter how nasty, would want to cause someone to starve from lack of an essential food group? That is why the law doesn't allow customs officials to take away chocolate.
I got my new credit card today! I will order a shirt tonight. They all sound smallish to me. I will only order one that comes in 2x and will hope I don't have to diet to fit into it.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Too bad chocolate isn't a good plant food (well, heck, IS it?) or your problem would be solved: chocolate covered seeds!

Paj, my shirt has not arrived yet, I h ope it didn't get lost somewhere.... but I did chose the el cheapo shipping option which has no tracking so serves me right for being such a tightwad I reckon...... I ordered XL thinking it would probably be just right. They make these things for anorectic teenage girls I believe.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I thought the tank tops in particular where sized for waifs.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I think the mens sizes are not so small but they're not really shaped either, so you can have a large sack or a small shirt. I think clothing designers are pretty out of touch with most things anyway. I mean, who wants a pair of pants with no pockets? That's my number one rule with buying pants anymore because if there are no pockets I'l never wear them, no matter how cute they are.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I ordered two sizes larger than normal (based on their disclaimer, shirts run small), and I am glad I did! DN, my shipping was quite fast, especially considering that in this tiny town we now live in, all mail is generally days slower than when we lived in AZ.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ya Brenda but the border guys will probably want to try it on, then go for a coffee, then try it on again, then go for soda, then try it on again.... A SW DG bud sent me paperback and we decided that the 'Opened by Canada Customs' sticker should have been 'Read by Canada Customs' cuz it took a month. I was gonna request a book review but cuz I'm always sending seeds stateside I thought I better not test their sense of haha.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Interesting how vigilant your customs folks are there at your crossing... when we were kids living just outside Buffalo, NY in a small town, we traveled to Canada a lot on family vacations. We never had an issue, although as a kid I used to pretend I was sleeping at the border, because quite often my older brother was smuggling some fireworks. I thought if I pretended to sleep, I was automatically not guilty. Now, as DH and I travel in the motor home, I often adopt (buy) a plant from a Walmart for rescue, which not only saves the plant but gives us a fabulous souvenir... I've worried a few times coming from California to AZ (they are very serious about not transferring plants or fruits... no one ever asks about drugs...), anywhoooo, I'm surprised about your not being able to smuggle, oops, I mean transport, plants there.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Dahlia,
You are ahead of my. My publisher in London mailed me a copy of my book that had been translated into French and published by Fleures. Eventually I got the big padded envelope, empty. They are trying again.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

A few years ago DH ordered a LP from England. It was mailed with insurance but didn't show up after a couple of months so he filled out the paperwork for the insurance, which took a couple more months. Then, about 8 months after it was mailed it showed up in our mailbox. It looked like it had been sent to Timbuktu and trampled by a herd of wildebeasts, left in a mud puddle, and dragged behind a truck for a while. The box and album cover were torn but surprisingly the record was unscratched. We figured it must have had quite an adventure. It was lucky that it arrived just before we moved.

On the other hand though, I ordered yards of embroidered silk from a place in India for my wedding dress. The shipping was only $6 and it arrived in five days. I was absolutely astonished that it could travel so fast for so cheap.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ahhh US Customs is starting a library. Good to know.

Santa Fe, NM

I do think they should do book reviews, as you suggested.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

No one at customs was getting married that season!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Mulch, you're going to be famous in France! L'artiste fleurifique sans pareil!
Hey, you could send me your book in French and English, and I'll tell you if it's a good translation.
Speaking of which... I guess I should quit farting around here and get to work.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I can't even get one copy in French yet myself. I would love to know if it is a good translation, my French is so dismal I would not know.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Picante can tell you -- if you can get your hands on one.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

It has been a challenge so far.

Reno, NV

I think we need replicaters, like from Star Trek. Would make all of this some much easier, just order and have it replicated.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.