Solution to Spawn of Satan

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Dahlia, you are inspiring. Hmmm, we have a neighbor with a pool, but they no longer take care of it, slimey green, mosquito breeding mess. Can spawn swim?

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Well, even if they can, they might accidentally gulp down some of those not-quite-mosquito critters. Seems worth a try.

Heehee, they go out of town every weekend to their "country home" (said with nose in air). See you all later, need some bungees and to find a way to auto launch.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Maybe you could launch some of those mosquito disks into the neighbor's pool when they are "at their country home".

Already do, the city vector guy said to do that, but he would deny telling me. I walk down the fence line and casually pitch them over. they make a satisfying little ker-plunk sound. I bought a heavy duty mousetrap to see if I can get it to snap/launch.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I hope some of you actually experimenting with this will post photos.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

cathy4 I think the pool is a most excellent idea. According to legend, Spawn of Satan should sink like boulders.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

We can only hope.

Santa Fe, NM

Witches were supposed to float. If they sank, they were not witches. So, they had a choice of drowning or being burned. Sorry, the sinking squirrels made me think of that. Plus, squirrels can swim, I think. They might get trapped by the slime, tho.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Roybird I haven't heard of the squirrelpaddle but we know they can fly so maybe they can squirrelpaddle.

I did a little research, they can swim for short periods.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Crappola! I suppose they can polevault too! ARGH!

Maybe I'll just do the neighbor's dog poop, fling it back to their yard. (yes, same neighbor)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

cathy4 your neighbours seem like a real joy (snort).

Luckily, all the others are jewels. Doesn't every neighborhood have at least one pest?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ain't it the truth.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It has been true everywhere I have ever lived.

Santa Fe, NM

I think I saw a video somewhere of a squirrel riding on a toy speed boat. I don't think it was the squirrel's idea, tho.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm sure not.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No comment. I don't think we should condone extra-circular activities by the Spawns of Satan. It will give them ideas. I'm already afraid than they might have entered the 2010 olympics.

Twiggy the Water Skiing Squirrel: http://fr.truveo.com/Twiggy-the-Water-Skiing-Squirrel/id/296733972

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

cathy4 that is VERY scarey. These are obviously very sick peoples who have no understanding of the danger that is involved.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Very disheartening indeed.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Now we know squirrels can swim as well as water ski. Sheesh.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Get her address - we can send all our squirrels to be trained as entertainers!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I can't even talk about it. It's a good thing I'm in an identify fugue.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I think we should send the squirrels to a certain ranch in Texas.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Now that is a MOST excellent idea.

Most excellent, best of all!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Indeed, I think a certain ranch in Texas needs some squirrels since its only animals are rent - a - cows. In fact, do we have any idea whether the rancher has been there since Jan 22? I haven't heard about it. I heard he was living in Dallas. All hat, no cows.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I wouldn't mind sending squirrels to Dallas either.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

The Dallas socialites could have squirrel stew. Unfortunately, I hate to send food to the Dallas socialites, but a solution is a solution!

I think the rancher is busy writing a book of all his hard decisions.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I think those decisions were made by squirrels, probably.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Which supports the plan of sending more squirrels there as obviously they need help!

or ground hogs

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I think pretty much any rodent is appropriate.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I agree with all the above comments. ;-)

The brain size is about the same for rodents and the rancher.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

They will get along great! And believe me, the rancher isn't writing his memoirs, some much less known writer is listening to the rancher and the rancher's ramblings in to written form for a good salary -- which he would need to make the job worth while.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.