East Texas Ru May 16

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

catlady - if you have some more byzantine glads...I'd be tickled to trade somethin' for some....if you see somethin' on my list you'd like
please let me know! Thanks, Lee

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Pam, can I get a few of the glads too? Thanks!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

"eyes" just want Tiger babies...lots and lots of little cubs.

"eyes"

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Pam, I'd love to have a few glads and tiger lilies too if you have enough to go around.

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/975097/

food and head count thread please sign in there and say what you'll bring so I can make the list at the top thread

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Debbie the airplane plant can be grown outside in zone 9a. I have had mine for many years in the ground. I've never had them in the house.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

I also have the airplane plant in the ground on the East side.... it dies back each fall and comes up each spring

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Guys--
I don't want the houseplants for outside--I want them for school.
Debbie

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone here have any banana trees they could bring me? Mine rotted in ground this winter :( I'd sure appreciate a couple

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is my trade list.

Purple obedient plants (have a lot)
Echinacea purpurea (sp.), purple coneflowers (Trishann, AJNTexas, Josephine)
GONE Toad lilies, tricyrtis hirta sp. (Trishann, Phyllis, Charlene)
GONE Blue toad lilies, tricyrtis lasiocarpa (Trishann, Phyllis, DdeTexas, Kenboy, Charlene)
GONE Coleus cuttings, named (Trishann, Charlene, Patricia)
Blue butterfly bush, buddleia davidii (sp.) (Karen, Phyllis, DdeTexas, Trishann)
GONE Achillea Cerise Queen (1, small)(Phyllis, Eyes) -- sorry, don't think this one is going to happen :(
GONE Achillea Salmon Beauty (Phyllis, Eyes)
GONE daylily for Becki

Groundcovers: assorted creeping sedums, creeping st john's wort, golden moneywort (Karen)

Any more requests for the next group will have to be unrooted cuttings at this point.

GONE Salvia Black & Blue (Trishann, Phyllis)
Salvia Indigo Spires (Trishann)
Bog sage, salvia uliginosa
Silver sedum that looks like a ghost plant (Trishann)
Buddleia sp.

Houseplants:
1 baby from Lee's soap aloe (sharp thorns)
1 baby mother-in-law's tongue
Pothos, philodendron, etc.
Mother-of-thousands babies http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/595/

Seedlings:
GONE agastache Honey Bee Blue (DdeTex, Patrob. Eyes, Charlene)
** Gone until I see how many more come up-- Philippine lilies (DdeTex, Patrob)
GONE hollyhock seedlings (Charlene)

Wants:
string of hearts/rosary vine (tropical) http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/32942/ (DdeTexas)
crown of thorns
iris bulbs from my DG friends (already have from Patricia, Becki, Lynea, Linda/Alyce/Smock)
named coleus (DdeTexas)
named begonias
brug cuttings
coral bean
gingers (have butterfly)

This message was edited May 14, 2009 2:40 PM

I would love a blue butterfly bush and Groundcovers: assorted creeping sedums, creeping st john's wort, golden moneywort....I am trying to cover a huge bald area with sedum this year.

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

pbtxlady, Can I get a start of these?

Echinacea purpurea (sp.), purple coneflowers (have a lot)
Toad lilies, tricyrtis hirta (sp.)
Blue toad lilies, tricyrtis lasiocarpa
Coleus cuttings
Salvia Black & Blue
Silver sedum that looks like a ghost plant

Thanks, Trishann

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Sure, Trishann. I think I have you down for a couple of those already at the CS RU. I will bring what's ready to CS and the rest to ET.

Karen, this sedum I have would be perfect for a large area. It roots wherever it touches and grows fast, sorta like mint. But it's low growing and easy to pull up if you need to. Will bloom in early spring if it gets enough sun. I'll put you down for the butterfly bush too.

pbtxlady

do you only have one of each of these?
if not could I get one of each? if they are all taken no problem at all just trying to find things to compaion plant in the rose garden area LOL
Salvia Black & Blue
Toad lilies, tricyrtis hirta (sp.)
Blue toad lilies, tricyrtis lasiocarpa
Blue butterfly bush, buddleia davidii (sp.)
Achillea Cerise Queen (1, small)
Achillea Salmon Beauty (1, small)

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

pbtxlady- Would like if you still have some:
Blue butterfly bush
blue Toad lilies
I have several named coleus and the Rosery vine for you. Also see my trade list.
DD

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Pbtxlady...I would love some of both of your Achillea.

"eyes"

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

pbtxlady, I would like some echinacea.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Phyllis, I can get you all of those things. But, I'm not sure how well some will work as companions for roses? The toad lilies are shade plants. The blue ones (lasiocarpa) can take a LITTLE sun, but the species tend to burn in Texas summers, even in full shade. The butterfly bush will be fine wherever you put it, but it will eventually spread out and get pretty big.

Eyes, I am going to have to look at my yarrows and see if I can get two divisions out of them, since Phyllis asked first. My Salmon Beauty is still small, so I don't know about that one. But I'm pretty sure I can get more than one from Cerise Queen.

Got everything else down. Y'all do remember! The butterfly bush will just be rooted cuttings. Luckily it's a very fast grower!

David, if you have the rosary vine, I'd be forever in your debt. I grew that plant many years ago and just loved it. I've been looking for another one ever since.

oh I have a shady spot the toad lilies can go in down by the front gate Dh was just saying how the one spot needed plants

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

That's perfectly fine with me...Cerise Queen is my favorite.

"eyes"

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Karen I can fix you up with Bananas. pbtxlady could I have a tricyrtis lasiocarpa, thanks.

Pattie.. I just want to see you...lol.. BUT I might have to have something

Thanks Kenny!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

sweezel, I would like a Gulf Coast Penstemon if you have any left.

The MG plant sale was yesterday and went fairly well considering the weather. Only light rain from 8-11 then the downpours. So selling was only 3 hours. Guess there are a lot of plant nuts out there as they came with rain gear on and shopped in the rain.
Now I can focus on the RU. I will organize my Have list and check each of the Want's. You can D-mail me or post a reminder for me.
Look forward to seeing friends and meeting others.
DDdude

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Beck, I want to see you too! Didn't get to visit with you much last fall, so It's been awhile. Anything you want on my list, just ask.

By the way, did I mention that the lovely iris you gave me last year is blooming? It's a gorgeous dark violet. Lynea's is a dark burgundy with a brownish/burgundy center, and Pat's Amandine is about to open. The ones from Mitch are lavender. And I have a pure white one that was just gorgeous, but I don't know whose it was. I love them all--especially since they make me think of all of you.

Ken and Phyllis, got you down for the blue toads.

thanks pb

I am going to add to my list

purple cone flower
blacked eyed susan
Salvia farinacea, mealy cup sage
Mexican Hydrangea
and still looking tryin to figure the rest out that I don't know LOL

This message was edited Apr 19, 2009 7:20 PM

Pattie.. the white Iris was from me..lol... sooo you'll have to find out who the violet one was from.. you look at my list too

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh! Okay, I'll just move the tag. I'll bet the violet one was from my friend in Louisiana. Thanks for letting me know!

YW Pattie.. lol.. glad I am not the only on with "that" problem!!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Here are my plant request:
Frostweed - Penstemon tenuis
maggiedew - Lyreleaf Sage, Fringleaf wild petunia
Charlenesplants - Passiflora incarnata, Mexican Hat
patrob - Twisted leaf yucca, Liatris mucronata
DdeTex - Copper Canyon Daisy
Mibus2 - Salvia farinacea

added you to my list

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

AJ, I have you down for coneflowers, too.

AJ got you down for a CC daisy and also have some of your other wants.
DD

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

AJ, the last Gulf Coast Penstemon is yours.

I added a couple more things to my list including John Fanick Phlox, Crookneck Squash and 'Costata Romanesco' Heirloom Zucchini. More to come too. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6355319

Does anyone want my large 'Tropicana' Rose? I am thinking about digging it up. I never been crazy about the color and she blackspots way too much. It really needs a nice full sun area without plenty of open space to breath. I'd love another rose in trade. Anything that's Antique/Heirloom/Hardy. It can be a tiny baby, but no cuttings.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

sweezwel, could I have a John Frank Phlox and H. zucchini. Thanks.

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Sweezel I would love to have your 'Tropicana' Rose. Check out my trade list or I have a Kordes Perfecta Hybrid Tea.
Trishann

This message was edited Apr 21, 2009 9:08 PM

The critters are giving me heck as they turn over my potted things for the RU. Dig in the pots, guess since I feed them fish emulsion it attacts them. Have caught a possum and coon. Got another coon this morning. Hope that is the last of them.
I repot things but they are preventing them from getting larger.
The joy of gardening !
D

oh for a second DD I thought you were going to offer the critters for trades ...hahahahaha

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Don't tempt him Phyllis...not unless they've been taxidermied!

"eyes"

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.