Exploding Cakes and Other Comforts

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cathy4 welcome to the bright side ^_^ BTW do you bake? I am positively quivically sure that there have been events in MO that would help us add some very interesting additions to the RM Cookbook. Maybe, sorta? We'd luv to hear Cathy 4 ^_^ Um sorry lisabees, don't go screaming into the night or anything, but yes you're funny ^_^

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I have to admit tho, it doesn't have to do with altitude because I was just as funny when I lived at 10 feet above sea level in the swampy NC coast.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

So must I infer, Cathy4, that it's the lack of oxygen that breeds creativity in our tribe?

Dahlia, honestly, if you're going to make up words, at least spell them right: quivocally, not quivically.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I wasn't any different at sea level myself, so we may have to look for another cause.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

It is indeed a quizzlement.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh yes, if I, in oh-so-mountainous Iowa am affected by the altitude, it's clear that Cathy in Missouri would be equally affected, if not more so.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Holding my breath re-creates my RM experience.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2009 9:42 AM

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Hmm... I'm starting to wonder why we have a blockbuster novel thread, a chic' boutique for garden wear, a gallery for art d'fluer but no fancy shmancy cookbook thread for garden and family recipes? You know, some place for that vodka mentha thing and the saskatoon recipe???

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Only because you have not started the thread for it, Tali.

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

I would, but it would look like this ----->

(blank)

LOL

Santa Fe, NM

The ice cream to serve with the Rocky Mt. cake should be Rocky Road, right?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dear Picante I believe quivickly and unquivickly that I spell according to the Dictionary of Incoherence. This is highly debatable of course because I'm in a fugue.

Santa Fe, NM

What key are you in?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

'Tis a High Debacle Quest you are on, your fuguishness.

I was not so much objecting to your spelling as displaying my own self-sung absurdishness at presuming to know how to spell words that have only just sprung into existence.

It's far and away time to retire. Respitefully yours,
Julie

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

rotflmao! ♥

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm in the key of A. I now think that's very important to declare thanks to the brilliant thoughts of Picante and Roybird. Suddenly it dawned on my like a sunbeam that everyone might not be in the key of A today. Perhaps some are in the key of C or E. Does this matter? Maybe so/maybe not. I don't know but I just thought I'd declare that tonight I'm in the key of A today . Of course tomorrow if the matrix doesn't shift and I make it to the coffee I might be in the key of B flat. These things happen to me.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Both of those are perfectly manageable keys. Three sharps versus two flats. (Goes to the piano, checks the B flat scale, yupper.)

Please stay away from C-sharp minor. You could break a transporter on that one. It has hospitalized more than one composer.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I think last night's d flat major has improved to c minor this morning.

I think that even though Dr. Seuss lived in New England and California, he must have vacationed in the Rockies quite frequently.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

sam i am i am

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Sam's name in the Spanish translation is Juan Ramón. Rhymes with jamón.
(I got to hear the translator read it at the ATA conference.)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

How brilliant of the translator! It would be nonsensical if it didn't rhyme in Spanish.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I think I am possibly in the key of G flat today. (as in Gone flat)

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Are you lacking oomph today, Claire? Joie de vivre? Come on out to the Rockies--it's a sunny day here! We can move plants around in the garden. Get some dirt ground into the knees of our pants.

Do you wash your garden pants?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Sure. Is that weird?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yup.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Er... I can see that I have a lot to learn. So here's my first question:
What do you do when your gardening pants start to smell moldy? (That's usually when mine get thrown down the laundry chute.)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I leave mine outside to air alot (check for spiders in the pockets though). I think the built up dirt makes you smell more like a plant so it's less traumatic for plants when dividing or planting out babys for the winter. You can also sneak up on weeds.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Do your weeds run and hide? Mine proliferate madly instead.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes they hide in the ground. They just pretend to be dug up. I might try that hoe thing this summer. Maybe chopping off their heads will shake them up a bit.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I wash my garden pants along with my barn clothes. I wear one set for a week and then switch. I usually only do a bit of gardening several evenings, and often the hens are around and occasionally I get pooped on, etc. I also have Luna the goat jumping on my back and leaving goatie footprints. I figure it is good to avoid the impression that I also live in the barn.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Being Dr. Doolittle certainly adds extra special ramifications to the laundry question.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It's not the ramifications that are the problem, it's the eweifications and the goatifications.

(I'm testing out your vocabulary generator, Dahlia!)

that was baaaaaaad

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

So how did the fictional Dr. Doolittle keep his coat and tophat always looking so nice? And how come the animals never pooped on him during the movie? And why isn't the batmobile covered with bat guano? It's not like he puts a cover over it when he gets home.

I have to keep my garden jeans in a special spot so DH doesn't swipe them and clean them for me.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

There is no poop in Movieland or TVland Katlian. It is very odd but true.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Ohhh, Piper the yoga dog would definitely be put off by that!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think everyone is. How do you garden without poop? What would Paj carry around in the back of her truck? It is mindboggling that this has been going on so long.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Llama poop is superb for gardening. Low nitrogen and very good, dry, pellet form. Not smelly either.

Is it sinful to lust for Llama poop?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.