Not sinful in my world, Cathy!

Rosco says "My poop is highly lust-worthy."

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

Ahhh, very cute baby!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oohh, Claire, what a wonderful critter!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

He's a sweet and gentle llama. He is gelded and is about 1.5 years old.

He'll be going to a new home later next month in exchange for a shetland lamb. We already have a herd sire and we don't really need more males, but Rosco is a sweet llama and I will miss him. He's going to a very good home though, and will be a guardian for a flock of Shetland and Babydoll sheep.

Reno, NV

Very sweet llama, such a cuite.

I'm having garden poop withdrawls. My husbands truck is still getting its engine rebuilt so no way to get poop to the garden til it's back. Sigh. I almost want to just go buy it all baged at home depot or where ever. But then I remember that I really don't think I should have to pay for poop and so I wait.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

See, the idea is not to have to bring the poop to to the garden, the idea is to bring the poop-generating device (i.e. llama) to the garden....and have a nice, steady supply!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh, and you can just tell the neighbors it's an unusually large dog that doesn't bark and has a long neck.

Reno, NV

Roflol. My husband would go for that :) He loves llamas. I'd really like to get a few chickens. I just think between having a 1/3 acre lot, low fence, and a ton of coyotes it might not be the best idea.

Fortunatly even tho my dad doesn't keep horses anymore he has friends that are willing to share the poop =)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes the chickens would be at risk for sure. I was thinking longingly of llama berries last night and it occurred to me I might consider a rabbit, as rabbit berries are almost as good as llama berries and also need no interim composting etc etc but. No rabbit would survive long around here I fear.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ah, but llamas are good livestock guardians. In fact, one of our llamas actually killed coyotes that came into the sheep pen at her former home. They have a mean kick and will stomp on predators. So what you need is a guard llama to watch over your chicken/rabbit flocks. :-)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, Dr Doolittle, if I only had enough land and enough control over the land where I live, I would so go for that scenario!!!!! but no, not at this time.

Good to know about the guardian llama beings tho, who knew? ;-)

Reno, NV

I did actualy know that one =). A couple of folks that I know keep them with goats, or other animals just for that.

Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful llama! They are also nice pack animals for hiking.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

But their most charming feature is the quality of their poop.

Well, that and their eyelashes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.