Today in the garden, I...

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Hugs, Paj and Keisha, wow..

Santa Fe, NM

Sorry to hear about Keisha. Very sad and a difficult decision.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Hugs from me too, Paj, and also to Keisha. I believe she will let you know when. I am sure you have given her a wonderful life, and in return, she has blessed yours.

Brenda

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It is tough. She can hardly move and makes a terrible noise when she breathes, and didn't eat tonight, but she was lying on the deck and barking at the neighborhood dogs in the nightly doggy chorus. Nevertheless, we will have her put down tomorrow or Satuday. She doesn't walk or eat anymore even with medication. I am glad we didn't do it today though. It is tough, but we don't want to see her hurt any more than she does now. She would have been 17 in September and she is still cute.
Raja, her new sister, in the meanwhile, led me a merry chase today. She pulled away from me -- she is very strong and took off like a yellow streak. I figured out where she had to have gone so I drove down there and found her kissing a baby and another dog who were out walking with their family. I called her and she jumped in the driver's side of my truck almost knocking me into the other seat, but I got her home before she got hit by a car or totally lost. She is a wild and crazy dog, but is as sweet and loving as they come. I am glad we have her with Keisha near the end.
Raja needs a playmate. She is about to wear us both out with her energy and playfulness. There will be a new young dog in our lives eventually -- one which will entertain Raja.
Thanks all for your kindness at this difficult time.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I wish I had better words...

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

me too.

Thank you for sharing the story, Paj, and about how she is now.....

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay, I think 205 posts is long enough so I will now start another thread.......

The new thread is here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/998434/

This message was edited Jun 5, 2009 3:25 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.