Northern California, CA(Zone 9b)

Love-in-a-Mist
Nigella damascena

Seed pod ripening.

Thumbnail by Kell
Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I personally just love Love in a mist!
Great series of photos Kell.
I was cleaning my car last week and found some of these little guys seeds in an ash tray.
I remember collecting them and running out of places to put things!!! LOL I threw them in
a little spot of bare ground right away.
Young kids spot these interesting flowers and pods immediately in the garden.

Hope you are having a great Holiday weekend
I'm going to Schreiner's gardens again this morning! I couldn't get enough of it yesterday

I am dying to see them in the different colors the come in, like red! I may have to buy some seeds, Kin! They come up after just hand sowing?

Are you posting the pics anywhere of this garden so I can see it? Shoot, I want to go with you!

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

They sure do! This time of year I would just cover them with a bit of soil and keep wet. If you leave the seed pods
they do it them selves! LOL Ive never seen red one that would be a great color to see.

I posted some pics on this thread in the Photo forum.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/990895/

Here is my favorite one of the Lupines.

Thumbnail by GardenGuyKin
Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I wish you could have been here to go with me!
That would be so much FUN...

Yes, it sure would. The dueling cameras. LOL. I now so want to go. That picture is what dreams are made of!

When I go out with Calif_Sue, we both end up taking pics of the same exact blooms! She is so organized she posts hers so fast and then I usually do not bother. When I was with Mike, another photography nut and a great one too (growin), I told him he couldn't post certain plants in PFs that he took at Filoli if it was one I was waiting to get the perfect pic of for several years. LOL One was of a giant Southern Magnolia that I never seemed to get a pic of with a blue sky. Well that day I got my blue sky so I raced home to post it. LOL
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/239366/

Anyway, Mike agreed, he was so nice and he didn't even call me bossy even if he really thought I was. LOL

For some reason lupines do not grow well here. I so want to see a field of them!

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

That is gorgeous, Kell.
I can't imagine you being Bossy!?!
Mike seems like a great guy glad you didn't boss him around to much...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images