Spring report on some new echies

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

This is the second spring for 'Tiki Torch', 'Purity', 'Merlot','Fatal Attraction', 'Pink Double Delight','Green Envy' and 'Hope' echinacea in my garden. All have returned except one 'Hope' and the other isn't doing too well but is alive. We had a lot of snow and wet this winter and one that did not return was 'Summer Sky'. 'Coconut Lime' and 'Harvest Moon' are doing well in their third year even after an attack from a ground hog last fall. Also a new addition this spring is 'Pink Poodle' and it seems to be settling in very well. Have some buds starting but it will be a while for any blooms up here. Here is a pic of 'Tiki Torch' which has grown in size.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Here is a pic of the new 'Pink Poodle'. It was a decent sized plant in a 4" deep pot to start and is putting up some new shoots at the base as you can see. Seems to be a nice healthy variety here so far.

Thumbnail by ngam
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice photos ngam. Thanks for sharing them with us. Hang in there with your Echinacea "Hope". I think my "Hope" was the last one to get going again this spring, but it evenyually came around and is looking pretty good again.
Jon

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.