Aloe 'Variegata' (Aloe nobilis)

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Aloe 'Variegata'
Aloe nobilis

The reddish coloration and bloom stalk appeared after I moved this plant to a more sunny location.

Thumbnail by zone10
(Zone 9b)

And the reddish color is so fantastic added to the variegation. LOVE this plant!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks Kell! I seem to move this plant often. Kinda like redorating my house...get bored of the same things in the same place! This aloe has lost a lot of the red lately, but this summer has been record-breaking coooooool!

(Zone 9b)

I see it has pups. Are they much bigger? Did they show red too?

I think I need to find this one! LOL. I am so bad, I want all I see.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

This aloe pups like crazy. I've potted up a few of them, but they didn't survive. I posted a thread on this a year or so ago and learned that without enough green on the leaves, the plant cannot make chlorophyll and has no future. Unfortunately, most of the pups are mostly yellow but there are a couple with enough green they may have a chance.

I would be more than willing to send you a pup Kell. There are a few with green on them and if they grow up to be like "mom", you will have a show stopper! Let me know if you are interested and I'll get out my Hori Hori knife!! BTW, I have a green A. nobilis and it just produced a green and yellow pup!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.