Aloe Species

Aloe fimbrialis

Family: Asphodelaceae (as-foh-del-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Aloe (AL-oh) (Info)
Species: fimbrialis

Bloom Size:

Spring Valley, California

positive

On Mar 14, 2016, poeciliopsis from Phoenix, AZ wrote:

Central Phoenix -- I have Aloe fimbrialis in a pot. I have had the plant for a year and it seems to be happy. It gets sporadic water in the summer, probably not more than once every two weeks. I have only watered it once this winter. The pot sits in filtered shade. It was lightly covered this winter and did fine with a low of 26F. The plant has already produced a secondary bulb.
Unfortunately my Aloe fimbrialis died in Sept. 2017. I believe it was the summer stress plus crowding and competition from Sansevieria parva, which was in the same pot and which was spreading and surrounding the Aloe.

On Aug 18, 2011, palmbob from Acton, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

unusual 'grass' aloe (though really looks nothing like grass) with bulbous base and wide, flat, delicate, shiny-green leaves and very tiny, closely spaced reddish teeth along the margins. Leaves lie flat along the ground and plant tends to only have 6-8 leaves at a time. Roots are thick and fleshy. Relatively rare in cultivation. I have had no experience with this plant, but it sure seems like a species I would have a hard time keeping alive in my climate. Native of Zambia.