Grevillea 'Moonlight'

Grevillea

Family: Proteaceae (pro-tee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Grevillea (grev-ILL-ee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Moonlight

Blue-Green

Pollen may cause allergic reaction

Pale Yellow

Cream/Tan

Flowers are good for cutting

Bloom Size:

Late Fall/Early Winter

Escondido, California

Manhattan Beach, California

Spring Valley, California

Mulberry, Florida

On May 21, 2016, Mildcat from Escondido, CA (Zone 10a) wrote:

I'm about 20 miles north of San Diego. I planted six of these striking plants as a hedge in our front yard two years ago. They get lots of notice from bees, hummingbirds, and human passers-by, as they are lavishly covered in those curious creamy yellow spires of flowers for most of the year.
I do have a problem with a strange condition that developed on one of the Moonlights as well as on a Grevillea Superba that grows nearby, where the growth is gnarled and stunted. I have been unable to identify or treat the problem. The rest of the plants are flourishing.

On Jan 2, 2015, mutablis from Red Rock, NSW,
Australia wrote:

A beautiful and prolifically flowering grevillea that attracts bees and honeyeating birds.
This is highly recommended and much grown in Australia. I can find no mention of the risk of skin irritation in Australian literature and, although having grown this grevillea for over 20 years, have never experienced it and know of no one who has.
Moonlight loves well drained soil, a sunny position, grows quickly and is drought tolerant once established (6months).
I live in a coastal, subtropical village, and this lovely creature tolerates salt and wind, not to mention the sand we have that pretends to be soil.
I mulch regularly and prune at the end of Autumn and Spring although more frequent pruning is required if she is to be used as a screen or hedge to encoura... read more

On Jun 30, 2013, thistledome from near Brisbane,
Australia wrote:

A beautiful grevillea which will reward you for light pruning by giving you a colourful display of white/cream flowers. Needs a low phosphorous fertiliser and flowers best in full sun.