Daylily 'Flore Pleno'

Hemerocallis fulva

Family: Hemerocallidaceae (hem-er-oh-kal-id-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hemerocallis (hem-er-oh-KAL-iss) (Info)
Species: fulva (FUL-vuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Flore Pleno
Hybridized by Stout
Registered or introduced: 1917
» View all varieties of Daylilies

Midseason (M)

Flower Size:

Large (more than 4.5" diameter)

Blooming Habit:

Concord, North Carolina

Clarington, Ohio

Pocahontas, Tennessee

On Jun 12, 2019, SecretMonkey from Salisbury, NC (Zone 7b) wrote:

A neighbor gave me some fans of these daylilies that she found growing on the side of a road here in rural NC. They are absolutely stunning when in bloom. At first I had them growing in full sun then when I had to thin them out I moved them to a sun/shade area in the back yard. Now my pecan trees are fully foliated and keep my yard in mostly shade all summer. And yet these beauties continue to bloom! Sun, shade, poor or fertile soil, always put on a superb show. I've never fertilized or sprayed for bugs, never even water the poor things. They just thrive on what ever Mother Nature provides. They DO share the love easily and rapidly and every year have to give many of them away, like fifty at a time, so if anyone wants any of these, please let me know! If I took better care of them and... read more

On Nov 9, 2014, DaylilySLP from Dearborn Heights, MI (Zone 6a) wrote:

Double, Fulvous.

On Aug 23, 2010, themikeman from Concord, NC (Zone 7a) wrote:

This is the very first daylily I had ever had. it is what had spiked my interest in daylilies some years ago. I moved into a small old early 1900's farm house here in rural NC, and their was a huge circle of these in the back yard that were neglected and I was told were their since the 1940's or early 50's. it took me three different seasons to weed the poison oak vines out of them, as some of these poison oak vines roots were 15 feet long! i made the mistake of weeding them after late winter and early sping, in the early summer this year and got a fungul disease on some of the leaves from disturbing the roots while they were wet and growing in the vegatative stage as it is extremely humid anyway in the southeast..luckily the drought this summer cured it 100% withought any toxic fungicides... read more

On Jul 4, 2009, WENDYandWILL from Bear, DE wrote:

We aquired 7 of these plants along with some larger orange Daylilies... but we originally thought they were just smaller & less matured versions of the regular Daylilies. It was quite a suprise when the first one bloomed as neither of us had seen anything like it!
They're really quite amazing to look at with the varying vibrant shades of orange blending all the way around each blossom! I'm looking forward to either trying to propegate more of them... or dividing the plants and watching them grow!!!
Blessings & 73!!!
Wendy & Will,

On Jan 22, 2009, Mainer from Durham, ME (Zone 3a) wrote:

What I thought was Kwanso turned out to be Flora Pleno because the petal layers are more even and not so unrully as kwanso. Seems bigger too. The shoots so end up quite far away from the main plant but can be controlled easily. Love this plant.

On Oct 27, 2003, Dravencat from Edgewater, MD (Zone 7a) wrote:

Ive had this for 2 years now blooms only last a day but so many on a stem and they all start blooming a couple of days to a week apart. Easy care, I have sandy soil with a bit of clay with some in a flower bed and some still next to a fence where I found them. Basically just plant and watch em go. Have to watch out for these tubers as occasionally youll find one growing about six inches away from the parent.