Tomato 'Legend'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Legend
Registered or introduced: 2003
» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Remove fleshy coating on seeds before storing

Ferment seeds before storing

Fresh, salad

Fresh, slicing

Leaf Type:

Regular Leaf

This plant is said to grow outdoors in the following regions:

Oceanside, California

Cambridge, Massachusetts

Mapleton, North Dakota

On Aug 31, 2014, CW0645 from Santa Fe, NM wrote:

Grew it for the first time this year in Santa Fe, NM (elevation 6800 at my house). Transplanted first of June and first tomato eaten on August 15th. We have been getting a nice harvest of tasty 3-4 oz fruits. Will grow this again next summer.

On Jan 29, 2009, tomatl from Kootenays, BC (Zone 6b) wrote:

I thought I'd give this one a try, despite the fact I've never actually had problems with blight in my area. I wasn't too impressed - when I transplanted all my tomatoes out this one suffered the most, I had to amend very heavily with fishbone meal (far more than any of my other tomatoes needed) because it fell sick right away. Production wasn't great, it was mediocre at best, the plant seemed stunted even though it was in the same bed with the same conditions as all of my other tomatoes which were fine, and on top of all that, the taste wasn't anything for me to get excited about. It was an extremely meaty tomato with few seeds, but I never really look for that in a tomato. All in all, I won't be growing this one again, I wasn't too impressed.

On Jun 8, 2008, reload1 from Mapleton, ND wrote:

Ok tomato.Since blight is not a problem here,there are better varieties.I prefer Oregon Spring,Santium,and Siletz from the same breeder to this one.

On Dec 27, 2006, lynnstarrs from El Cerrito, CA wrote:

Grew it last year in SF Bay Area, looking for disease resistance. In fact it fell to disease faster than any other tomatoes in my garden. I'm not sure which blight, mold, or whatnot killed it, but I was not impressed. My cherries, German Johnson, Early Girls, Whoppers did very well in the same garden. This plant was a failure for me. I got very few to no tomatoes from it because it died so quickly.

On Jan 18, 2006, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

90 days, determinate Released by Oregon State University in 2003. The fruits are mostly seedless, early maturing, large, and resistant to races of late blight. Similar to 'Siletz' and 'Oregon Spring'. Adapted for the Pacific Northwest and other cool areas.

On Mar 13, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A 2000 parthenocarpic early maturing tomato from Oregon State. Mostly seedless. Similar to Oregon Spring.

On Apr 13, 2003, oppy from Cambridge, MA wrote:

Great plant for short seasons