Tomato 'Jolly'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Jolly

Halifax, Massachusetts

Espanola, New Mexico

Wilsonville, Oregon

On Sep 11, 2008, essentialplanet from Wilsonville, OR (Zone 8b) wrote:

Very prolific producer of great tasting tomatoes - one I will grow every year for sure. Production equals Juliet, but flavor is much better.

On Mar 6, 2006, CountryDaddy from Wilmington, IL wrote:

I have been gardening for 25 years. I like to experiment with a few new varieties of tomatoes every year, and over the years have come upon a couple which I feel that I MUST always grow. They are Jolly and Sweet Million. They are my absolute favorites for taste and productivity. The unfortunate thing is that I am a seed saver and I save several varieties, but my favorites happen to be hybrids and I have to buy them new every year.

Dokutaaguriin reported having a problem with blossom end rot on Jolly, but I haven't had a serious problem with that. I have had that problem with other tomatoes, though, including Juliet and especially Quimbaya.

On Sep 21, 2003, dokutaaguriin from Airdrie,
Canada (Zone 3a) wrote:

Jolly is from the same Taiwanese breeders that gave us Juliet. This large cherry tomato (40 g/ 1.5 oz.) with its interesting peach shape certainly garners attention. The taste is on the sweet side with a firm meaty interior (paste tomato). However, just like Juliet it seems to be suffer from Blossom End Rot more so than the other varieties (Sweet 100, Yellow Carrol, Moneymaker, Tigerella, Lemon Boy, Capsian Pink, Early Girl) I grow in my greenhouse in Airdrie, AB, Canada.