Trees are the most important, most expensive, and ideally the most permanent plants in a home landscape. Because planting the wrong tree in the wrong place can create serious problems, selecting the right tree is the most important choice a gardener can make. This definitive, handy reference for gardeners, homeowners, and horticultural professionals features:
* 200 genera and 350 species of shade trees, ornamentals, and conifers, both deciduous and evergreen
* The best selections for spring bloom, fall color, showy fruit, ornamental bark, and disease resistance
* Trees that will thrive in the hottest and coldest regions of North America
* Full-color identification photos to take with you to the nursery
* Illustrated instructions on proper pruning, planting, and growing techniques.