The scoop on 'Angel Valley Heritage Mums (formerly Huff's)'

Angel Valley Heritage Mums (formerly Huff's)

5905 Angel Valley Road SW
Stone Creek, Ohio 43840-9322 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Closed :

DEAR GARDENING FRIENDS,
WITH REGRET WE WANTED TO INFORM ALL OF OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS THAT WE HAD TO UNEXPECTEDLY CLOSE OUR NURSERY DOWN THIS YEAR. WE ARE HAVING TO RETIRE BECAUSE OF OUR HEALTH AND AGE. WE KNOW THAT MANY OF YOU COUNT ON US FOR YOUR SUPPLY OF MUMS EACH YEAR. WE ENJOYED GROWING MUM STARTS FOR YOU THESE PAST 9 YEARS AND HAVE HAD SO MANY NICE CONVERSATIONS WITH YOU ABOUT THE FLOWER WE ALL LOVE. WE HOPE THIS YEAR WILL BE GOOD GROWING YEAR FOR ALL OF YEAR. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS WE WILL BE HERE UNTIL JUNE. PLEASE E-MAIL US AT
e-mail:[email protected]

SINCERELY, SHIRLEY AND MELISSA
THE LADIES FROM ANGEL VALLEY

Comments:

Negative WeedsSeeds
Geff, IL
May 10, 2009
I mailed an order to Angel Valley Heritage Mums in April, 2008. They called to tell me that their business was closed, but they had most of the mums I wanted, and asked if I would send a money order instead of my check. I agreed to send a different check if they returned my original, which they said they would do. Through several phone calls and messages, Mrs. Nye said that because of the illnesses of her husband and daughter, there was no one there to send the plants, and that at some point they would return my check. The time spent on any of those messages would have been adequate to address an envelope to me. It is now May, 2009, and I have received neither plants or check.
Positive cstory
July 6, 2004
The Angelmum ladies were most helpful in counseling me on the proper care of the mums I ordered.When the mums arrived, they were exactly as I had been told they would be and better. The mums are healthy, and growing like "weeds". This has been a most positive experience.
Positive petiteplanter
April 7, 2004
TODAY I CAME ACROSS THIS SITE AND DECIDED TO LOOK UP A COMPANY I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR SEVERAL YEARS. TO MY SURPRISE THEY WERE HERE AND SO I DECIDED TO ADD SOME COMMENTS AND COMPLIMENTS TO THIS GREAT COMPANY. I HAVE FOUND THEM TO BE VERY HELPFUL AND INFORMATIVE. KNOWING THAT THE PRESENT OWNERS ARE FAIRLY NEW, THEY HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB OF CONTINUING THE SAME GREAT SERVICE AND PRODUCT AS HUFF'S HAD DONE FOR SO MANY YEARS. I HAVE E-MAILED THEM A COUPLE OF TIMES WITH QUESTIONS. THEY WERE VERY PROMPT AND EVEN HELPED ME LOCATE MUM'S THAT THEY DID NOT CARRY THEMSELVES. I HAVE ORDERED NUMEROUS PLANTS OVER THE YEARS AND HAVE FOUND ANGEL VALLEY'S TO BE VERY NICE, STURDY, HEATHLY SPECIMENS. THEY CARRY SOME OF THE OLDER VARIETIES, WHICH ARE VERY HARD TO FIND. I HOPE THEY HAVE CONTINUED SUCCESS AND KEEP SENDING ME THOSE BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS.
P.S. YOUR CATALOG KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER EVERY YEAR - HOPE TO SEE SOME NEW PICTURES AND MORE "OLDER MUMS" THAT HAVE BEEN FOUND AND YOU ARE BRINGING BACK!
PETITEPLANTER
Negative tangerine
April 16, 2003
In early March, I sent an e-mail to the management of Angel Valley Heritage Mums (AVHM) requesting a copy of their current catalogue.

Within two days, I recieved a reply to my e-mail telling me that the catalogue would be sent out and I should recieve it
the coming week.

I did, and, at that point, encouraged by their prompt reply, decided to place a large order for rooted cuttings with AVHM.

I ordered 15 units of their "surprise collection", which is their choice of twenty varied chrysanthemum cuttings, each collection costing US$13. So, in total, I ordered 300 rooted cuttings for a sum of US$195. As per the instructions on the order form, I added $10 for "3rd day select" shipping. Thus, my cheque was in the amount of $205.

I sent the order on the 26th of March. On April 7th, I recieved a terse e-mail (in which the writer called me "Janet"--NOT my name!) asking for an additional $20 due to the large order I had placed.

I called during working hours the next day, but had to leave a message on their answering machine. I sent another two e-mails requesting that someone contact me and waited several days--in vain.

Yesterday, I tried to reach them by phone once again, but only got the answering machine. I did leave a message asking them to contact me by phone or, at the very least, e-mail. Nothing.

Today I decided to stop payment on the cheque. It was some trouble going into town to visit the bank, and I am disappointed that I won't have my mass planting of chrysanthemums this autumn, but it is also a big relief worth the fee I paid to stop payment.

I do not understand how any business which relies on customer satisfaction can afford to be so indifferent. I also think it very cheeky of AVHM to ask for additional S&H fees when NO mention of such charges is made in their catalogue.

I had placed a large, and, for them, easy to fill order,(as I had left it up to them which varieties to send to me). If I am not a valued customer worthy of attention--who is?

I would dearly love to know whether and how the Nye family will respond to my complaint.

In future, I don't think I will place any large orders with any mail order gardening company. I have had much better service at the local outlets of big chains such as K Mart and Wal Mart. Go figure!

One last note--in their catalogue, the management at Angel Valley Heritage Mums asks its patrons, "Let us know about any older varieties (of chrysanthemums) that you might have in your gardens." What nerve! And I was imagining sharing with them the mum which my grandmother has in her garden, brought from Mexico by my great-grandfather. She refers to it as "la china poblana"; it 3-inch rosy purple spoon with an icy white center..... but eat your hearts out AVHM!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]