The scoop on 'Top O'Hill Daylily Farm'

Top O'Hill Daylily Farm

Oxford Trenton Road
Oxford, Ohio 45056 (United States)

Phone: n/a

Editor's Comment:
Closed July, 2009

This business is closed.

As per a note from a member who lives nearby:

"Sadly, Joanne Means, the owner decided to go out of business this spring. As a final gesture, however, she generously donated ALL of her daylilies to the local 4H club to sale as a fundraiser to help pay for cancer treatment for the adviser who did not have medical insurance. A very generous and thoughtful gesture on Joanne's part. I will miss the farm"

Comments:

Positive kattrox
Floyds Knobs, IN (Zone 6b)
June 26, 2007
This is the second year I have ordered from Top O Hill Daylily Farm I loved the daylilies from them last year. I ordered from the clump page this year and wow there were alot of fans on each clump. A clump to me is not 5 or 6 fans like others list on their websites but Top O Line sells 20-30 fans on their clumps and for a great price too! These dayliles were washed with green foliage and buds on them! The bonus was great!!! You just can't go wrong purchasing clumps from this company. If you want excellent daylilies check them out! Top O The Hill is Top O The Line!!!! Another satisfied customer Thanks!
Positive dbageesgirl
April 8, 2007
I am from Oxford, I have personally visited the daylily farm. I love the plants I have received and the ladies there are so nice. I can't wait till the lillies are in bloom this summer to choose just exactly what I want to add to my collection. Everything is always labeled and there is always a wide selection at good prices.
Positive tabasco
Cincinnati (Anderson Twp), OH (Zone 6a)
July 17, 2006
I stopped by Top o' Hill Daylilies last week because I had seen a feature story in 'Ohio Magazine' about Mrs. Means and her daylily operation. She features for sale named daylilies that her father collected while he was alive and he had amassed quite a few from many of the best hybridizers.

I recommend this source, especially if you are planting a new property and would like some lovely daylilies at pretty good prices. And be sure to take a look at the special collections offered. They would be a great way to get started with some fine classics.

I purchased two Munson daylilies and received several fans for what I noticed was a single fan price on other websites. As usual, I think a buyer does better when they make a visit to the grower, and Mrs. Means is usually there during July 'Open Garden' times.

Positive oldkate
Hillsboro, OH
May 18, 2006
Top O'Hill Daylilies can easily be described: it's Tops! Great selection, reasonable prices, strong and healthy plants, excellent customer service - well, you get the idea. I hope to pay them a visit sometime and pick out more plants (you can't have enough daylilies!).
Positive Sunny10
Dunlap, TN
July 18, 2004
I ordered over 20 daylilies from this company and all were nice large clumps of 3 scapes each. They even sent me two of their more expensive ones as a bonus. If you know the variety you want and don't mind paying by check, this is the place to buy daylilies. Their website lists many rare and choice varieties and they are at least 1/2 the price of my other online source. I will definitely be ordering from this company again.
Positive jjdockum
June 19, 2004
We have received fans on several occasions and have been more than pleased with the generous number of fans, the strong root system and the speed of shipment! The daylilies have all been top quality, with no problems. The staff is very friendly on the phone and the large selection of daylilies provided makes this one of the top farms out there selling daylilies. Will definitely order again!
Positive BonnieM
May 21, 2003
My first order from Top O'Hill just arrived, and I'm more than pleased. Customer service was great, prices are wonderful, and the fans—very generous, large root systems, and beautifully packed. I will definately be a repeat customer
Neutral gardenwife
Newark, OH (Zone 5b)
May 29, 2002
I have not ordered from this company, but was impressed with the long list of daylilies they offer. They are just down near Cincinnati, so we may have to take a drive and check them out since visitors are welcome. Their website has not been updated since February, and there is a lot of stuff still "under construction".

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]