Time to vote for your favorites in the Pixel County Fair!. HERE is where you can vote!

The scoop on 'Florian Tools'

Florian Tools

157 Water Street
Southington, Connecticut 06489 (United States)

Phone: 800-275-3618
Fax: 860-628-6036

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Negative susie77
Kirkwood, MO (Zone 6a)
August 13, 2019
I am unable to order a replacement for my Florian ratchet pruner, or send the old one in for repair as they are apparently out of business. Their rating on BBB is "F". What a shame. I loved this set of pruners so much that I got my Dad a set too. He's been gone for 17 years now so I guess these are 30 yrs old or better. That's about $1.25/year. And made in America. RiP Florian.
Positive Nat427
Cascade-Fairwood, WA
August 9, 2019
I have two Florian ratchet pruners and both were dull. Here is the good news - even though Florian is basically going through some sort of transition - there is a gentleman who you can contact who can sharpen your pruners. His name is Wayne Ball and his info is now on the Florian web site - but I had to do some digging to find it.

[[email protected]]

He is charging $12 each to sharpen the pruners plus $8 for shipping. So, $20 to get the job done. $32 in my case since I have two pair. I am going to try to find someone local who can do it and avoid the shipping charge.

Negative lcauvin
Austin, TX
July 25, 2019
I mailed my Florian Ratchet Pruner with a check for replacement. The postage was costly. It was returned to me by the postal service. Undeliverable. Florian left no address. I think they went out of business. I also sent them an e-mail to which they never responded.
Negative selchie
Plainville, CT
May 21, 2019
The physical site in Southington seems not to be active. Perhaps they are closed
Negative mikm27
Boston, MA
May 21, 2019
I sent in my Florian ratchet pruner for replacement over two months ago. They promote their lifetime replacement guarantee. I followed the instructions on their website - including a check for $14 etc. The postage cost about $10. But I have not received the replacement nor any acknowledgment that they received the old pruner. I sent them an email via their website over two weeks ago and received no replay. I tried calling the number on their website today but there is no answer - it seems to be out of service. Very disappointing.
Positive Joan
Belfield, ND (Zone 4a)
September 15, 2004
I ordered the Weed Ho and the transplant knife this year and I love them both. They shipped the items quickly too.
Positive JulieBW
Geneseo, NY (Zone 5b)
January 28, 2004
I ordered from them a year ago and was pleased with the product and service. They were the first company I noticed carrying a rocking seat - kind of mushroom shaped. I subsequently noticed this item in a couple of other catalogs, but Florian offered it without the (unnecessary)tool holder, so the price was significantly less. Their representative was also kind and helpful at the Gardenscape show in Rochester NY in March 2003.
Positive Jenkinsg9789
August 14, 2003
I have made multiple purchases from their Website.

The Florian Ratchet Cut pruners are the best rose pruners I have ever tried. Better than the pruners that I purchased from Jackson and Perkins, the rose retailers. I have approximately 130 roses.

The also have a very pricy, but also worth the cost, ratchet cut pole pruners. I have used both the 1 1/2 inch and the 2 in versions [$200 to $300 cost range]. In addition to the standard 16' adjustable pole, you can get an extension pole that hooks on for another 8 feet. Because of the ratchet action, you can really cut with a reasonable amount of effort a 2 inch thick limb that is over 20 feet in the air!
Positive msanjelpie
Meridian, ID
July 11, 2002
Ordered the Garden handy cart. Received quickly and in great condition. Reasonable shipping. Would order again.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]