The scoop on 'Violets in Vogue'

Violets in Vogue

9249 Mainwaring Road
Sidney, British Columbia V8L 1J9 (Canada)

Paper Catalog Cost: $3 US & Canada/$5 elsewhere

Comments:

Negative hotmama
Willow Springs, IL
December 6, 2011
I had no idea Violets in Vogue =Exotic Violets on ebay.
but it does explain Exotic's absence from ebay of late.

I bought and traded plants with them - at the time she was using the name Chris O'Dare. I won Fleischle Roulette
streptocarpus from her and it took four months to ship, till weather was exceptable. She would only ship to USA one day a month - when she'd come to USA to work(?)so odds of good weather for that one day were NOT good.

Plant took forever to bloom and when it did it was solid color rather than white with wide red edge. I didn't bother to complain figuring it wouldn't do any good.

Communication was very poor - she would answer if at all months later and ONLY if she wanted something from me. I was very surprised at the high bidders she would get for tiny plants but, I imagine there aren't many sellers in Canada.
Negative bupkes
December 5, 2011
This company sells (or used to) on ebay as Exotic_Violets. Under that name they have defrauded countless numbers of buyers who paid for goods that were never shipped. After 22 buyer complaints ebay closed their account, reimbursed the defrauded buyers and they can no longer sell on ebay under that name. Go to http://www.ebay.com and look for seller Exotic_Violets - Check the feedback. Same owner on record for both companies, one Christine Estridge of Sidney BC.

Now, after losing their ebay business, there is a notice online that they plan on reopening their website under the old Violets in Vogue, to sell their streptocarpus.

BUYER BEWARE. If they behave as they did on ebay, you will pay and never receive your goods!
Positive barbe
August 29, 2003
I sent an order in June 9,and have heard nothing since.I have sent E Mails and also phone with no response.
I realize how busy it can get this time of the year but out of common courtesy I should have had an answer one way or another.I really wanted to use a Canadian company
On June 16th, 2004, barbe changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Through a few lost E Mails and mix ups,everything has been resolved
I felt the quality of their products was excellent and would certainly deal with them again.
Positive uroboros
Montreal, QC (Zone 5b)
February 20, 2003
The leaves froze during fall shipment. They were very helpful and cooperative about sending fresh leaves the following spring.

The leaves were small, but carefully packed and labelled. The violet selection is absolutely fabulous!

Highly recommended.