The scoop on 'Almost Eden Plants'

Almost Eden Plants

Almost Eden Plants has 934 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Almost Eden Plants is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

1240 Smith Road
Merryville, Louisiana 70653 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark .

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive juana1953
Magnolia, TX
February 5, 2021
I purchased a Queens Tears bromeliad - it came and is absolutely beautiful, almost 30 inches tall it was packed so well that it looked like I purchased it from a local nursery. I was so surprised at the size and quality of the plant because the cost was cheap. I will definitely continue to purchase my bromeliads and unusual plants from Almost Eden:)
Positive wesjj326
Tyler, TX
November 3, 2020
This is an excellent source from which to buy your plants. I received my plants on time, in great shape, and they were very well packaged for shipping. I highly recommend Almost Eden, especially if you live in the South.
Positive w12bstrong
Belleview, FL
October 3, 2020
I AM EXTREMELY happy. I cannot believe the excellent job they did with the packaging and shipping. I ordered one plant from another company and it came so poorly packed it was basically a total loss. Dried out, smashed and broken. Eden Plants arrived wet, sealed, completely intact and green!!! The plant stalks were suspended in the center of the box and the box was oversized to protect the plants. The cost of shipping was VERY REASONABLE considering the time, effort and materials involved. John is quick to reply with answers to any questions and is extremely friendly! You have earned my business for as long as I am alive and you're in business. I look forward to more purchases in the future. EXCELLENT JOB!!! Thank you!
Positive Plantgeekgirl
Marshall, VA
September 20, 2020
I’ve been using Almost Eden for a few years now. I received my order this week and everything was healthy and packed well. Great company. I think their prices and shipping costs are reasonable. They have some beautiful plants that you won’t easily find. I highly recommend them.
Positive swiggs
Coatesville, IN
August 13, 2020
I got my first order today from Almost Eden and I was so impressed! It was packaged very well and the plants were strong and not wilted. They took the time to wrap with wet towels so the soil was still moist when I got them. They also packaged them in a safe way so you don't have to worry about damage to the plant. I have ordered plants from a neighboring state from me and it took twice as long and the plants were stressed when I got them. I definitely recommend buying plants from here because you will get a healthier happier plant. Thank you!
Positive Catmint2
Auburn, NY
July 19, 2020
Just received my first ever order from Almost Eden Plants, and I was completely impressed. The plants were beautifully grown, healthy, and they arrived absolutely fresh and undamaged. Amazing packaging, and excellent customer service!
Positive treckymom77
Saint Augustine, FL
June 9, 2020
Probably the most efficient, customer-centered mail order plant company I have ever dealt with. The order came on the shipping date specified and I was amazed at how well it was packaged for shipment. The plants were in superb condition. It may not be the least expensive place to shop, but it stands heads and shoulders above it's competition.
Positive nlhannamd
May 18, 2020
I've been ordering from Almost Eden for a few years now and have been very happy with the quality, packaging and communication.
Positive jerseyearth
Fair Haven, NJ
May 15, 2020
Ordered a Blue Sky Vine and am very happy.
We had a few bumps in the road, but John and his staff were great keeping me informed.
Plant arrived well cared for and packed well. Good chunky plant.
Great variety here and emails always answered quickly. I look forward to ordering again, now that I have a place for rare and unusual plants.
Thanks, John and staff!

Pat Dumas
Fair Haven, NJ
Positive cindip57
Albemarle, NC
April 29, 2020
Posted on April 17, 2020, updated April 29, 2020
I love Almost Eden Plants, I order from them each year and have always been happy with the plants they send me. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to find some plants you cannot find in the local stores.
On April 29th, 2020, cindip57 added the following:

2nd Order
I just received my 2nd order this spring. The plant looks so healthy, the soil was still moist. I love Almost Eden Plants, they are the best for unusual plants.
Positive Bev4
Roswell, GA
April 26, 2020
This company always has the nicest hard-to-find plants to attract hummingbirds! I ordered four plants from them and they arrived beautifully packaged and in pristine shape. I wish the shipping costs were a bit less expensive, but I have never been disappointed by the quality of their plants and recommend them highly.
Positive Forevertreasure
Chula Vista, CA
April 12, 2020
I order twice this month and it just get better. I’m so impressed with the quality of the plants for the price. I bought ceropegia plants. Bigger size that I expected and perfect price. Packing perfectly. My favorite online nursery.
Positive Kensey
New Orleans, LA
February 28, 2020
I am thoroughly impressed with my 2 new night blooming jasmine plants. They arrived in flawless condition. It's obvious these were grown with much care.
The packaging is to be commended as well. I appreciate the paper around the base. Keeps it neat and dry.
Looking forward to watching these grow and flower!
Positive Kingjv200
Salinas, CA
February 10, 2020
I only recently started ordering from this company a few months ago and I'm very satisfied with both the quality and exceptional customer service of this place! I do think the prices are just a little high but their selection and quality are great. I started with a test order of 6 Salvia 'Kisses & Wishes' since no one else literally has them available. They came in very well packaged but sadly 2 of them were a little small and damaged - I contacted the company about this and they quickly sent me 2 replacements attached to another order I placed for some 'Cuphea Schumanii' plants. The gentleman I spoke too was very kind and understanding I can certainly see why this company has so many glowing testimony's - I've very excited to have discovered them and will certainly be ordering more things from them as they become available - just know what you are getting are essentially starter plants and I'd recommend growing them up a bit in gallons before placement but these plants certainly look like they've got a head start!
Positive Smilax
Milton, FL (Zone 8b)
November 4, 2019
This nursery has a diverse selection, reasonable prices, and healthy plants! I find myself browsing Almost Eden’s website more than any other...it’s become a bit of an addiction.

The Turks cap hibiscus I ordered from them several years ago are thriving, the lantanas I ordered this spring are still covered in blooms, and the fig I purchased a few months ago has grown over three feet! In my opinion, this nursery is one of the best.
Positive oakpress
Madison, MS (Zone 8b)
October 10, 2019
I've ordered plants twice from Almost Eden and was pleased both times. The plants arrived quickly and were very healthy.
Positive sd915
York, SC (Zone 8a)
September 13, 2019
Plants arrived well-packaged and healthy. They even called in advance to ask if they should delay shipping because we were expecting a hurricane! Will definitely order again.
Positive Fallbrookguy
Fallbrook, CA
August 3, 2019
I recently received my first order from Almost Eden and am very happy with the size of the plants and secure packaging of my order. Thank you!
Positive Calcifer
Mountain View, CA (Zone 9b)
June 26, 2019
Very pleased with my purchase of 3 figs baby plants from Almost Eden. Despite the heatwave in California, they arrived looking healthy and happy with perky green leaves. 3 days later, 2 tiny figlets popped out of one of the fig plants! John, the owner is always there (during business hours) to pick up the phone and answer questions. The package was sent priority mail, and each plant is expertly packed and protected in cylinder containers. Almost Eden carries so many exotic fruits and plants varieties I'm definitely a return customer.
Positive Pinxter
Eminence, MO (Zone 6a)
June 23, 2019
6/23/19 I ordered a Magnolia figo 'Hagiwara Everblooming' shrub from Almost Eden plants. Communications were good, packaging very secure and the shrub arrived in excellent condition on time. I would order from them again.
Positive dcvstgardener
Washington, DC
June 15, 2019
I ordered three fig trees. They all arrived on time, expertly packaged. When I had trouble with them, I emailed, and they responded right away. They're very helpful and professional.
Positive lunared
Ocala, FL
May 22, 2019
I was having difficulty finding a luna red hibiscus with a reputable nursery until Dave's Garden came up. There I saw Almost Eden in their top 30 nurseries that had luna reds. They gave me a choice of dates for shipping, and it arrived 2 days after shipping in excellent condition, lovingly and carefully packaged in a small pot, secured, and still damp with newspaper on top. I was able to track it's travel via an e-mail and tracking number Almost Eden gave me. It came with a certificaion from the State of Louisiana that is had been inspected and found to be free of insects and diseases. I am so happy to have found Almost Eden. I planted it right away. Now I can watch it grow ! Thank you Dave's garden and Almost Eden !
Positive mskasik
New Braunfels, TX
April 26, 2019
I bought an Orange Sweet Olive and had it shipped to our family in California. The plant was beautiful, well packed and arrived in great shape. The Sweet Olive is growing well and had a large, well-rooted root ball. It transplanted without a problem. John at Almost Eden is wonderful to work with and very knowledgeable. I would very highly recommend this nursery for all your plant needs!!! I give them a 5 out of 5!

Melissa Skasik
New Braunfels, TX
Texas Master Gardener
Texas Master Naturalist
Positive CooDeeFoo
Central, SC
April 24, 2019
Great plants, superbly packaged.
Positive Roosje
Peterborough, NH
March 21, 2019
Received three healthy, about 10 inch long, passion flora plants. Extremely well packaged. Will certainly order more plants from this company.
Positive AndieBee
Deland, FL
February 12, 2019
I love Almost Eden! I ordered from them on two separate occasions recently. My first order was for a Confederate Rose. It was securely wrapped and arrived in perfect condition with seven buds on it already. I planted it in a pot to carry it indoors on cold winter days and will plant it in the yard come spring. Every one of those buds bloomed! My second purchase was for a Rose of Sharon. It was also excellently wrapped and arrived in perfect condition. Their prices, customer service and all I rank as top notch! I will definitely do business with them again!
Positive ctgrower
Stratford, CT
October 11, 2018
Posted on March 30, 2016, updated October 11, 2018
Just received my first order from this outstanding company, and couldn't be more pleased. Seconds after ordering online, John contacted me to confirm the best shipping date. Within two days I had my gorgeous, generously-sized gardenias, one of which is loaded with buds! Packaging was both secure and intelligent, and both plants were still moist. You just can't get better than perfect, and I can't wait to add more beautiful plants from this wonderful grower. Thank you so much!
On October 11th, 2018, ctgrower added the following:

Just received a HUGE, healthy, gorgeous Osmanthus -- came all the way up to the top of the mailing box. Again, arrived quickly and packed with great care. So very pleased! Thank you.
Positive MiamiHeatwave
Miami, FL (Zone 11)
July 27, 2018
I ordered three Hibiscus from this company

Three "sports"

"El Capitolio" and "Sport of Sports" [yellow sport] plus a salmon colored sport of El Capitolio

[[email protected]]

I spoke to John the owner a caring person that, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable

Today I did get the plants and they are truly gems and big with some buds

I have no words to express the gratitude that, I feel for such a service and I doubt that, anyone else could provide such a service as Almost Eden
What a difference it makes to buy from a local seller, they know what, they are selling and will go that, extra mile to help a customer
Positive trisarahtops771
Franklin, OH
July 12, 2018
I purchased a Monstera Obliqua (but I believe it is an Andansonii) from Almost Eden and it arrived today in beautiful condition! I really love that they only ship plants out on Mondays and Tuesdays and that you can pick the your preferred ship date so that you can make sure you are able to receive the plant! I will definitely shop with them again!
Positive BostonDavid
Boston, MA
July 5, 2018
Posted on June 29, 2018, updated July 5, 2018
My plants arrived and upon planting are doing well: Datura meter Purple in pot, Hibiscus Summer in Paradise in the garden. I just placed another order. All is well. Thank you.
On July 5th, 2018, BostonDavid added the following:

My second order just arrived in this week of scorching heat from Louisiana to Boston via USPS. All 4 plants - salvia, buddleia and lespedeza - arrived in great condition, box condition intact. Online communication of order/shipping status has always been excellent. I also have noticed that at least 2 of the 3 hardy hibiscus from the 1st order have developed flower buds.
Positive Jaredc
Portsmouth, NH
June 28, 2018
I ordered four tango humming bird mint plants, the plants were packaged great and each one was a decent size with blooms already. Also the prices are great for great quality plants, i will definitely be ordering more from almost Eden in the future
Negative LarryEB
Corvallis, OR
June 27, 2018
I ordered several hardy hibiscus and I am very disappointed with the plants I received. The plants were adequately packaged and arrived in good shape. However when I tried to transplant them I discovered that five of the six plants were extremely root bound and it was impossible to open up the root ball for transplanting. I am afraid that their chances of survival are extremely questionable. In addition, three of the six plants were very leggy. The “Lord Baltimore” is a single stem 30” long and the “Lady Baltimore” is similar with only a few leaves at the top of each stem. In a phone conversation with the owner (John) he suggested I try to grow the plants for a couple of months and see how they do. I will give it a try but if they do not become viable plants capable of surviving the winter, I will accept his offer over the phone to replace them or refund my money.
Positive dacoitdan
Lanexa, VA
June 21, 2018
I made my first order a few weeks ago. I ordered 4 somewhat rare plants. Great plants, incredible packing and great customer service. I will be ordering from them again in the spring. Top notch!
Positive grommet
Largo, FL
June 14, 2018
Posted on May 31, 2018, updated June 14, 2018
I AM IN LOVE. Thank you thank you for exceeding my expectations. The packaging was superb and the soil was still damp as there was moistened newspaper cushioned around each plant. They ALL arrived in good condition and were wrapped with plastic, rubber bands, cardboard tubes.

The second stunner was the condition of the plants: They were BLOOMING and sturdy with a height over 8" each plant.

I have had soooo many negative experiences this spring of '18 with boxes arriving full of loose soil, dead plants. I was afraid of mail order plants.

This company is fabulous and takes care of their customers...which always means a repeat visit! Again, thank you.
On June 14th, 2018, grommet added the following:

ALL of the plants ordered are flourishing.

And another ordered received w/two evergreen wisteria vines...carefully packed and plants are healthy over 18" long apiece w/green shoots at the base.

I continue to be very pleased with Almost Eden.
Positive joeyardguy
Southlake, TX
June 14, 2018
Excellent experience, again. Just ordered a passiflora and shipping was very quick. It was carefully packaged and arrived in excellent shape, even in 90+ degree temps.
Positive Marina_Parr
Crawfordville, FL
June 3, 2018
I've been ordering from Almost Eden for a number of years. Never been disappointed. Wonderful selection, affordable prices, timely shipping and good quality. Wonderful company to deal with. Thank you, Almost Eden!
Positive Tidewatergarden
Waverly, VA
June 2, 2018
I have ordered from Almost Eden the past two years and they are great! John is quick to respond, helpful and very friendly. Their selection is amazing and affordable, yet somehow they do not sacrifice on plant quality the way some vendors with similar prices have in my experience - 5/5!
Positive Gyst
Baton Rouge, LA
April 29, 2018
Interesting and hard to find, large healthy plants packed well and shipped quickly. Great place!
Positive bradman79
Grovetown, GA (Zone 8a)
April 19, 2018
I've used Almost Eden twice in the past year for annuals and perennials - hard to find plants at reasonable prices! The plants always arrive in great shape, they seem to be packed quite carefully. Definitely would use them again.
Positive DavieCoNC
Mocksville, NC (Zone 7b)
April 12, 2018
I had never used mail order to get plants before so I was hesitant. But since they were highly rated here on Dave's Garden, gave it a shot. Almost Eden removed all my doubts about mail order flowers! I ordered several plants and they were healthy large plants that were well packaged. No damage and they came quickly (2 days from their Louisiana location to me in North Carolina). I am super pleased with my experience and will use them again in the future.