1240 Smith Road
Merryville, Louisiana 70653 (United States)
(337) 375-2114

Editor's Comment:

Question Mark .

Reviews:

Displaying the 50 most recent reviews

On Jun 26, 2021, RebeccaLynn (24 reviews) from Winston Salem, NC (Zone 7a)

I placed an order to Almost Eden on June12, requesting delivery the week of June 21. Today, June 26, a very carefully packed box arrived containing the Passiflora 'Lady Margaret' plant. It was in excellent condition with soil moist and leaves well hydrated, even though FedEx had transported the box from Louisiana to North Carolina in the heat of summer. Every one of the many leaves were perfect. I have wanted a pink passion flower vine for a while and was very pleased to see the Almost Eden had them for sale. Many thanks to SB who wrapped the potted plant and Jm who boxed it up for mailing. Both are very conscientious people. I will be ordering from Almost Eden again!

On Jun 25, 2021, Sarmistha (5 reviews) from Richmond, VA

I have been buying plants from them for several years and I have been quite happy with the plants that I have received.

On Jun 5, 2021, Lorig2008 (1 reviews) from Chicago, IL

Wonderful people to deal with with the kind of Personal customer service you just donít see anymore. Highly recommend and I will be ordering from them again.

On May 10, 2021, Dlpinteriors (5 reviews) from Prosper, TX

One of my favorite places to order from. They have the coolest and most unique selection of plants available. I love the waiting list feature so I can get that reminder email when items are back in stock. 5 stars!!

On Apr 15, 2021, skasikm (1 reviews) from New Braunfels, TX

Almost Eden and John are fantastic. My Pineapple Guava and Purple Passion Vine arrived in wonderful condition. All plants were well rooted and healthy. The secure packaging was amazing. The pots were taped down inside the box so they didn't wiggle around and placed in cardboard sleeves. Wet towels kept the root ball moist. I will definitely buy from Almost Eden again. Their prices are very good and the shipping was fast. Thank you, John, and Almost Eden! Melissa Skasik New Braunfels, TX

On Mar 28, 2021, bleepy (12 reviews) from West Islip, NY

Found them on a search for Wood Vamp vines. Received beautiful big plants and they were packed with the utmost care. I purchased these to plant on my lot in SC a few years before building to get them going. Looking forward to giving them more business.

On Feb 8, 2021, nishman12 (1 reviews) from La Crescenta, CA

On Feb 5, 2021, juana1953 (1 reviews) from Magnolia, TX

I purchased a Queens Tears bromeliad - it came and is absolutely beautiful, almost 30 inches tall it was packed so well that it looked like I purchased it from a local nursery. I was so surprised at the size and quality of the plant because the cost was cheap. I will definitely continue to purchase my bromeliads and unusual plants from Almost Eden:)

On Nov 3, 2020, wesjj326 (1 reviews) from Tyler, TX

This is an excellent source from which to buy your plants. I received my plants on time, in great shape, and they were very well packaged for shipping. I highly recommend Almost Eden, especially if you live in the South.

On Oct 3, 2020, w12bstrong (1 reviews) from Belleview, FL

I AM EXTREMELY happy. I cannot believe the excellent job they did with the packaging and shipping. I ordered one plant from another company and it came so poorly packed it was basically a total loss. Dried out, smashed and broken. Eden Plants arrived wet, sealed, completely intact and green!!! The plant stalks were suspended in the center of the box and the box was oversized to protect the plants. The cost of shipping was VERY REASONABLE considering the time, effort and materials involved. John is quick to reply with answers to any questions and is extremely friendly! You have earned my business for as long as I am alive and you're in business. I look forward to more purchases in the future. EXCELLENT JOB!!! Thank you!

On Sep 20, 2020, Plantgeekgirl (3 reviews) from Marshall, VA

Iíve been using Almost Eden for a few years now. I received my order this week and everything was healthy and packed well. Great company. I think their prices and shipping costs are reasonable. They have some beautiful plants that you wonít easily find. I highly recommend them.

On Aug 13, 2020, swiggs (1 reviews) from Coatesville, IN

I got my first order today from Almost Eden and I was so impressed! It was packaged very well and the plants were strong and not wilted. They took the time to wrap with wet towels so the soil was still moist when I got them. They also packaged them in a safe way so you don't have to worry about damage to the plant. I have ordered plants from a neighboring state from me and it took twice as long and the plants were stressed when I got them. I definitely recommend buying plants from here because you will get a healthier happier plant. Thank you!

On Jul 19, 2020, Catmint2 (4 reviews) from Auburn, NY

Just received my first ever order from Almost Eden Plants, and I was completely impressed. The plants were beautifully grown, healthy, and they arrived absolutely fresh and undamaged. Amazing packaging, and excellent customer service!

On Jun 9, 2020, treckymom77 (1 reviews) from Saint Augustine, FL

Probably the most efficient, customer-centered mail order plant company I have ever dealt with. The order came on the shipping date specified and I was amazed at how well it was packaged for shipment. The plants were in superb condition. It may not be the least expensive place to shop, but it stands heads and shoulders above it's competition.

On May 18, 2020, nlhannamd (4 reviews)

I've been ordering from Almost Eden for a few years now and have been very happy with the quality, packaging and communication.

On May 15, 2020, jerseyearth (1 reviews) from Fair Haven, NJ

Ordered a Blue Sky Vine and am very happy. We had a few bumps in the road, but John and his staff were great keeping me informed. Plant arrived well cared for and packed well. Good chunky plant. Great variety here and emails always answered quickly. I look forward to ordering again, now that I have a place for rare and unusual plants. Thanks, John and staff! Pat Dumas Fair Haven, NJ

On Apr 29, 2020, cindip57 (1 reviews) from Albemarle, NC

Posted on April 17, 2020, updated April 29, 2020 I love Almost Eden Plants, I order from them each year and have always been happy with the plants they send me. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to find some plants you cannot find in the local stores.

On April 29th, 2020, cindip57 added the following: 2nd Order I just received my 2nd order this spring. The plant looks so healthy, the soil was still moist. I love Almost Eden Plants, they are the best for unusual plants.

On Apr 26, 2020, Bev4 (8 reviews) from Roswell, GA

This company always has the nicest hard-to-find plants to attract hummingbirds! I ordered four plants from them and they arrived beautifully packaged and in pristine shape. I wish the shipping costs were a bit less expensive, but I have never been disappointed by the quality of their plants and recommend them highly.

On Apr 12, 2020, Forevertreasure (1 reviews) from Chula Vista, CA

I order twice this month and it just get better. Iím so impressed with the quality of the plants for the price. I bought ceropegia plants. Bigger size that I expected and perfect price. Packing perfectly. My favorite online nursery.

On Feb 28, 2020, Kensey (2 reviews) from New Orleans, LA

I am thoroughly impressed with my 2 new night blooming jasmine plants. They arrived in flawless condition. It's obvious these were grown with much care. The packaging is to be commended as well. I appreciate the paper around the base. Keeps it neat and dry. Looking forward to watching these grow and flower!

On Feb 10, 2020, Kingjv200 (5 reviews) from Salinas, CA

I only recently started ordering from this company a few months ago and I'm very satisfied with both the quality and exceptional customer service of this place! I do think the prices are just a little high but their selection and quality are great. I started with a test order of 6 Salvia 'Kisses & Wishes' since no one else literally has them available. They came in very well packaged but sadly 2 of them were a little small and damaged - I contacted the company about this and they quickly sent me 2 replacements attached to another order I placed for some 'Cuphea Schumanii' plants. The gentleman I spoke too was very kind and understanding I can certainly see why this company has so many glowing testimony's - I've very excited to have discovered them and will certainly be ordering more things from them as they become available - just know what you are getting are essentially starter plants and I'd recommend growing them up a bit in gallons before placement but these plants certainly look like they've got a head start!

On Nov 4, 2019, Smilax (3 reviews) from Milton, FL (Zone 8b)

This nursery has a diverse selection, reasonable prices, and healthy plants! I find myself browsing Almost Edenís website more than any other...itís become a bit of an addiction. The Turks cap hibiscus I ordered from them several years ago are thriving, the lantanas I ordered this spring are still covered in blooms, and the fig I purchased a few months ago has grown over three feet! In my opinion, this nursery is one of the best.

On Oct 10, 2019, oakpress (2 reviews) from Madison, MS (Zone 8b)

I've ordered plants twice from Almost Eden and was pleased both times. The plants arrived quickly and were very healthy.

On Sep 13, 2019, sd915 (9 reviews) from York, SC (Zone 8a)

Plants arrived well-packaged and healthy. They even called in advance to ask if they should delay shipping because we were expecting a hurricane! Will definitely order again.

On Aug 3, 2019, Fallbrookguy (19 reviews) from Fallbrook, CA

I recently received my first order from Almost Eden and am very happy with the size of the plants and secure packaging of my order. Thank you!

On Jun 26, 2019, Calcifer (4 reviews) from Mountain View, CA (Zone 9b)

Very pleased with my purchase of 3 figs baby plants from Almost Eden. Despite the heatwave in California, they arrived looking healthy and happy with perky green leaves. 3 days later, 2 tiny figlets popped out of one of the fig plants! John, the owner is always there (during business hours) to pick up the phone and answer questions. The package was sent priority mail, and each plant is expertly packed and protected in cylinder containers. Almost Eden carries so many exotic fruits and plants varieties I'm definitely a return customer.

On Jun 23, 2019, Pinxter (6 reviews) from Eminence, MO (Zone 6a)

6/23/19 I ordered a Magnolia figo 'Hagiwara Everblooming' shrub from Almost Eden plants. Communications were good, packaging very secure and the shrub arrived in excellent condition on time. I would order from them again.

On Jun 15, 2019, dcvstgardener (2 reviews) from Washington, DC

I ordered three fig trees. They all arrived on time, expertly packaged. When I had trouble with them, I emailed, and they responded right away. They're very helpful and professional.

On May 22, 2019, lunared (2 reviews) from Ocala, FL

I was having difficulty finding a luna red hibiscus with a reputable nursery until Dave's Garden came up. There I saw Almost Eden in their top 30 nurseries that had luna reds. They gave me a choice of dates for shipping, and it arrived 2 days after shipping in excellent condition, lovingly and carefully packaged in a small pot, secured, and still damp with newspaper on top. I was able to track it's travel via an e-mail and tracking number Almost Eden gave me. It came with a certificaion from the State of Louisiana that is had been inspected and found to be free of insects and diseases. I am so happy to have found Almost Eden. I planted it right away. Now I can watch it grow ! Thank you Dave's garden and Almost Eden !

On Apr 26, 2019, mskasik (2 reviews) from New Braunfels, TX

I bought an Orange Sweet Olive and had it shipped to our family in California. The plant was beautiful, well packed and arrived in great shape. The Sweet Olive is growing well and had a large, well-rooted root ball. It transplanted without a problem. John at Almost Eden is wonderful to work with and very knowledgeable. I would very highly recommend this nursery for all your plant needs!!! I give them a 5 out of 5! Melissa Skasik New Braunfels, TX Texas Master Gardener Texas Master Naturalist

On Apr 24, 2019, CooDeeFoo (15 reviews) from Central, SC

Great plants, superbly packaged.

On Mar 21, 2019, Roosje (1 reviews) from Peterborough, NH

Received three healthy, about 10 inch long, passion flora plants. Extremely well packaged. Will certainly order more plants from this company.

On Feb 12, 2019, AndieBee (1 reviews) from Deland, FL

I love Almost Eden! I ordered from them on two separate occasions recently. My first order was for a Confederate Rose. It was securely wrapped and arrived in perfect condition with seven buds on it already. I planted it in a pot to carry it indoors on cold winter days and will plant it in the yard come spring. Every one of those buds bloomed! My second purchase was for a Rose of Sharon. It was also excellently wrapped and arrived in perfect condition. Their prices, customer service and all I rank as top notch! I will definitely do business with them again!

On Oct 11, 2018, ctgrower (17 reviews) from Stratford, CT

Posted on March 30, 2016, updated October 11, 2018 Just received my first order from this outstanding company, and couldn't be more pleased. Seconds after ordering online, John contacted me to confirm the best shipping date. Within two days I had my gorgeous, generously-sized gardenias, one of which is loaded with buds! Packaging was both secure and intelligent, and both plants were still moist. You just can't get better than perfect, and I can't wait to add more beautiful plants from this wonderful grower. Thank you so much!

On October 11th, 2018, ctgrower added the following: Just received a HUGE, healthy, gorgeous Osmanthus -- came all the way up to the top of the mailing box. Again, arrived quickly and packed with great care. So very pleased! Thank you.

On Jul 27, 2018, MiamiHeatwave (1 reviews) from Miami, FL (Zone 11)

I ordered three Hibiscus from this company Three "sports" "El Capitolio" and "Sport of Sports" [yellow sport] plus a salmon colored sport of El Capitolio https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/42984 I spoke to John the owner a caring person that, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable Today I did get the plants and they are truly gems and big with some buds I have no words to express the gratitude that, I feel for such a service and I doubt that, anyone else could provide such a service as Almost Eden What a difference it makes to buy from a local seller, they know what, they are selling and will go that, extra mile to help a customer Thank you, John

On Jul 12, 2018, trisarahtops771 (1 reviews) from Franklin, OH

I purchased a Monstera Obliqua (but I believe it is an Andansonii) from Almost Eden and it arrived today in beautiful condition! I really love that they only ship plants out on Mondays and Tuesdays and that you can pick the your preferred ship date so that you can make sure you are able to receive the plant! I will definitely shop with them again!

On Jul 5, 2018, BostonDavid (8 reviews) from Boston, MA

Posted on June 29, 2018, updated July 5, 2018 My plants arrived and upon planting are doing well: Datura meter Purple in pot, Hibiscus Summer in Paradise in the garden. I just placed another order. All is well. Thank you.

On July 5th, 2018, BostonDavid added the following: My second order just arrived in this week of scorching heat from Louisiana to Boston via USPS. All 4 plants - salvia, buddleia and lespedeza - arrived in great condition, box condition intact. Online communication of order/shipping status has always been excellent. I also have noticed that at least 2 of the 3 hardy hibiscus from the 1st order have developed flower buds.

On Jun 28, 2018, Jaredc (6 reviews) from Portsmouth, NH

I ordered four tango humming bird mint plants, the plants were packaged great and each one was a decent size with blooms already. Also the prices are great for great quality plants, i will definitely be ordering more from almost Eden in the future

On Jun 27, 2018, LarryEB (6 reviews) from Corvallis, OR

I ordered several hardy hibiscus and I am very disappointed with the plants I received. The plants were adequately packaged and arrived in good shape. However when I tried to transplant them I discovered that five of the six plants were extremely root bound and it was impossible to open up the root ball for transplanting. I am afraid that their chances of survival are extremely questionable. In addition, three of the six plants were very leggy. The ďLord BaltimoreĒ is a single stem 30Ē long and the ďLady BaltimoreĒ is similar with only a few leaves at the top of each stem. In a phone conversation with the owner (John) he suggested I try to grow the plants for a couple of months and see how they do. I will give it a try but if they do not become viable plants capable of surviving the winter, I will accept his offer over the phone to replace them or refund my money.

On Jun 21, 2018, dacoitdan (11 reviews) from Lanexa, VA

I made my first order a few weeks ago. I ordered 4 somewhat rare plants. Great plants, incredible packing and great customer service. I will be ordering from them again in the spring. Top notch!

On Jun 14, 2018, grommet (3 reviews) from Largo, FL

Posted on May 31, 2018, updated June 14, 2018 I AM IN LOVE. Thank you thank you for exceeding my expectations. The packaging was superb and the soil was still damp as there was moistened newspaper cushioned around each plant. They ALL arrived in good condition and were wrapped with plastic, rubber bands, cardboard tubes. The second stunner was the condition of the plants: They were BLOOMING and sturdy with a height over 8" each plant. I have had soooo many negative experiences this spring of '18 with boxes arriving full of loose soil, dead plants. I was afraid of mail order plants. This company is fabulous and takes care of their customers...which always means a repeat visit! Again, thank you.

On June 14th, 2018, grommet added the following: ALL of the plants ordered are flourishing. And another ordered received w/two evergreen wisteria vines...carefully packed and plants are healthy over 18" long apiece w/green shoots at the base. I continue to be very pleased with Almost Eden.

On Jun 14, 2018, joeyardguy (3 reviews) from Southlake, TX

Excellent experience, again. Just ordered a passiflora and shipping was very quick. It was carefully packaged and arrived in excellent shape, even in 90+ degree temps.

On Jun 3, 2018, Marina_Parr (3 reviews) from Crawfordville, FL

I've been ordering from Almost Eden for a number of years. Never been disappointed. Wonderful selection, affordable prices, timely shipping and good quality. Wonderful company to deal with. Thank you, Almost Eden!

On Jun 2, 2018, Tidewatergarden (5 reviews) from Waverly, VA

I have ordered from Almost Eden the past two years and they are great! John is quick to respond, helpful and very friendly. Their selection is amazing and affordable, yet somehow they do not sacrifice on plant quality the way some vendors with similar prices have in my experience - 5/5!

On Apr 29, 2018, Gyst (2 reviews) from Baton Rouge, LA

Interesting and hard to find, large healthy plants packed well and shipped quickly. Great place!

On Apr 19, 2018, bradman79 (8 reviews) from Grovetown, GA (Zone 8a)

I've used Almost Eden twice in the past year for annuals and perennials - hard to find plants at reasonable prices! The plants always arrive in great shape, they seem to be packed quite carefully. Definitely would use them again.

On Apr 12, 2018, DavieCoNC (2 reviews) from Mocksville, NC (Zone 7b)

I had never used mail order to get plants before so I was hesitant. But since they were highly rated here on Dave's Garden, gave it a shot. Almost Eden removed all my doubts about mail order flowers! I ordered several plants and they were healthy large plants that were well packaged. No damage and they came quickly (2 days from their Louisiana location to me in North Carolina). I am super pleased with my experience and will use them again in the future.

On Apr 10, 2018, LucasCatChow (28 reviews) from Tulsa, OK

I ordered 2 Salvia Wendy's Wish plants and received some of the best plants I've ever gotten anywhere. They were a really good size and well rooted. Packaging was wonderful as not a drop of soil came out. Excellent experience with them.

On Apr 5, 2018, Mid12nt (16 reviews) from Stone Mountain, GA

Posted on April 6, 2013, updated April 5, 2018 Posted on April 10, 2011, updated April 6, 2013 Great company, plants are in fantastic shape and in amazing good size and health. Some of the plants were already blooming ) I especially want to comment about a special plant I ordered, a Ghost Cactus, I was shocked to see how large the plant was when I opened it, it was huge, not the tiny little thing I was expecting, and the packing kept it from losing any of its arms. And as I already mentioned the other plants were equally impressive in health and size. No pathetic little sticks here. Only complaint I have is because of the the tape it's a bit difficult to unpack the individual plants, but that's nitpicking on my part, because the important thing is how well protected the plants during shipping, and that is immensely so. Bottom line, I will be ordering again from them next year (or maybe even again this year).

On April 6th, 2013, Mid12nt added the following: April 2013, another year, another excellent buying experience, plants as usual exceeded my expectations as to size and health. Very carefully, packaged, overkill almost until you realize how well protected all the tape makes them, no harm from the boxes being mishandled by the shipping service. Love Almost Eden, love the houseplant and their great selection of plants.
On April 5th, 2018, Mid12nt added the following: Another pleasant year of purchases. I was happily surprised that the black elephant ears I ordered were already leafy out, I had expected to only receive bulbs, so I am thrilled. Also when I found another plant I liked, they added it to my order and didn't charge me extra for shipping. Thank you Almost Eden.

On Nov 9, 2017, sarahjane34 (1 reviews) from Columbia, MO

What an absolute gem of a company! I ordered three plants from them and they all came extremely healthy and at least three times the size of other companies I frequent for the same or a lower price. For example, I ordered an olive tree and it was three times the size of another companyís Iíve ordered from and twice the size of a different companyís pot of the same size (I frequently give olive trees as gifts, so Iím ordering them regularly). They also emailed me prior to shipment to ensure it would not be too cold for delivery, which showed how much they care about both their plants and customers. The plants arrived three days after shipping and just look great.. I could not be more pleased with Almost Eden and cannot wait to order more from them.

» Read the rest of the reviews