Time to vote for your favorites in the Pixel County Fair!. HERE is where you can vote!

The scoop on 'Almost Eden Plants'

Almost Eden Plants

Almost Eden Plants has 990 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Almost Eden Plants is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

1240 Smith Road
Merryville, Louisiana 70653 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Fallbrookguy
Fallbrook, CA
August 3, 2019
I recently received my first order from Almost Eden and am very happy with the size of the plants and secure packaging of my order. Thank you!
Positive Calcifer
Bay Area, CA (Zone 9b)
June 26, 2019
Very pleased with my purchase of 3 figs baby plants from Almost Eden. Despite the heatwave in California, they arrived looking healthy and happy with perky green leaves. 3 days later, 2 tiny figlets popped out of one of the fig plants! John, the owner is always there (during business hours) to pick up the phone and answer questions. The package was sent priority mail, and each plant is expertly packed and protected in cylinder containers. Almost Eden carries so many exotic fruits and plants varieties I'm definitely a return customer.
Positive Pinxter
Eminence, MO (Zone 6a)
June 23, 2019
6/23/19 I ordered a Magnolia figo 'Hagiwara Everblooming' shrub from Almost Eden plants. Communications were good, packaging very secure and the shrub arrived in excellent condition on time. I would order from them again.
Positive dcvstgardener
Washington, DC
June 15, 2019
I ordered three fig trees. They all arrived on time, expertly packaged. When I had trouble with them, I emailed, and they responded right away. They're very helpful and professional.
Positive lunared
Ocala, FL
May 22, 2019
I was having difficulty finding a luna red hibiscus with a reputable nursery until Dave's Garden came up. There I saw Almost Eden in their top 30 nurseries that had luna reds. They gave me a choice of dates for shipping, and it arrived 2 days after shipping in excellent condition, lovingly and carefully packaged in a small pot, secured, and still damp with newspaper on top. I was able to track it's travel via an e-mail and tracking number Almost Eden gave me. It came with a certificaion from the State of Louisiana that is had been inspected and found to be free of insects and diseases. I am so happy to have found Almost Eden. I planted it right away. Now I can watch it grow ! Thank you Dave's garden and Almost Eden !
Positive mskasik
New Braunfels, TX
April 26, 2019
I bought an Orange Sweet Olive and had it shipped to our family in California. The plant was beautiful, well packed and arrived in great shape. The Sweet Olive is growing well and had a large, well-rooted root ball. It transplanted without a problem. John at Almost Eden is wonderful to work with and very knowledgeable. I would very highly recommend this nursery for all your plant needs!!! I give them a 5 out of 5!

Melissa Skasik
New Braunfels, TX
Texas Master Gardener
Texas Master Naturalist
Positive CooDeeFoo
Central, SC
April 24, 2019
Great plants, superbly packaged.
Positive Roosje
Peterborough, NH
March 21, 2019
Received three healthy, about 10 inch long, passion flora plants. Extremely well packaged. Will certainly order more plants from this company.
Positive AndieBee
Deland, FL
February 12, 2019
I love Almost Eden! I ordered from them on two separate occasions recently. My first order was for a Confederate Rose. It was securely wrapped and arrived in perfect condition with seven buds on it already. I planted it in a pot to carry it indoors on cold winter days and will plant it in the yard come spring. Every one of those buds bloomed! My second purchase was for a Rose of Sharon. It was also excellently wrapped and arrived in perfect condition. Their prices, customer service and all I rank as top notch! I will definitely do business with them again!
Positive ctgrower
Stratford, CT
October 11, 2018
Posted on March 30, 2016, updated October 11, 2018
Just received my first order from this outstanding company, and couldn\'t be more pleased. Seconds after ordering online, John contacted me to confirm the best shipping date. Within two days I had my gorgeous, generously-sized gardenias, one of which is loaded with buds! Packaging was both secure and intelligent, and both plants were still moist. You just can\'t get better than perfect, and I can\'t wait to add more beautiful plants from this wonderful grower. Thank you so much!
On October 11th, 2018, ctgrower added the following:

Just received a HUGE, healthy, gorgeous Osmanthus -- came all the way up to the top of the mailing box. Again, arrived quickly and packed with great care. So very pleased! Thank you.
Positive MiamiHeatwave
Miami, FL (Zone 11)
July 27, 2018
I ordered three Hibiscus from this company

Three "sports"

"El Capitolio" and "Sport of Sports" [yellow sport] plus a salmon colored sport of El Capitolio

[[email protected]]

I spoke to John the owner a caring person that, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable

Today I did get the plants and they are truly gems and big with some buds

I have no words to express the gratitude that, I feel for such a service and I doubt that, anyone else could provide such a service as Almost Eden
What a difference it makes to buy from a local seller, they know what, they are selling and will go that, extra mile to help a customer
Positive trisarahtops771
Franklin, OH
July 12, 2018
I purchased a Monstera Obliqua (but I believe it is an Andansonii) from Almost Eden and it arrived today in beautiful condition! I really love that they only ship plants out on Mondays and Tuesdays and that you can pick the your preferred ship date so that you can make sure you are able to receive the plant! I will definitely shop with them again!
Positive BostonDavid
Boston, MA
July 5, 2018
Posted on June 29, 2018, updated July 5, 2018
My plants arrived and upon planting are doing well: Datura meter Purple in pot, Hibiscus Summer in Paradise in the garden. I just placed another order. All is well. Thank you.
On July 5th, 2018, BostonDavid added the following:

My second order just arrived in this week of scorching heat from Louisiana to Boston via USPS. All 4 plants - salvia, buddleia and lespedeza - arrived in great condition, box condition intact. Online communication of order/shipping status has always been excellent. I also have noticed that at least 2 of the 3 hardy hibiscus from the 1st order have developed flower buds.
Positive Jaredc
Portsmouth, NH
June 28, 2018
I ordered four tango humming bird mint plants, the plants were packaged great and each one was a decent size with blooms already. Also the prices are great for great quality plants, i will definitely be ordering more from almost Eden in the future
Negative LarryEB
Corvallis, OR
June 27, 2018
I ordered several hardy hibiscus and I am very disappointed with the plants I received. The plants were adequately packaged and arrived in good shape. However when I tried to transplant them I discovered that five of the six plants were extremely root bound and it was impossible to open up the root ball for transplanting. I am afraid that their chances of survival are extremely questionable. In addition, three of the six plants were very leggy. The “Lord Baltimore” is a single stem 30” long and the “Lady Baltimore” is similar with only a few leaves at the top of each stem. In a phone conversation with the owner (John) he suggested I try to grow the plants for a couple of months and see how they do. I will give it a try but if they do not become viable plants capable of surviving the winter, I will accept his offer over the phone to replace them or refund my money.
Positive dacoitdan
Lanexa, VA
June 21, 2018
I made my first order a few weeks ago. I ordered 4 somewhat rare plants. Great plants, incredible packing and great customer service. I will be ordering from them again in the spring. Top notch!
Positive grommet
Largo, FL
June 14, 2018
Posted on May 31, 2018, updated June 14, 2018
I AM IN LOVE. Thank you thank you for exceeding my expectations. The packaging was superb and the soil was still damp as there was moistened newspaper cushioned around each plant. They ALL arrived in good condition and were wrapped with plastic, rubber bands, cardboard tubes.

The second stunner was the condition of the plants: They were BLOOMING and sturdy with a height over 8\" each plant.

I have had soooo many negative experiences this spring of \'18 with boxes arriving full of loose soil, dead plants. I was afraid of mail order plants.

This company is fabulous and takes care of their customers...which always means a repeat visit! Again, thank you.
On June 14th, 2018, grommet added the following:

ALL of the plants ordered are flourishing.

And another ordered received w/two evergreen wisteria vines...carefully packed and plants are healthy over 18" long apiece w/green shoots at the base.

I continue to be very pleased with Almost Eden.
Positive joeyardguy
Southlake, TX
June 14, 2018
Excellent experience, again. Just ordered a passiflora and shipping was very quick. It was carefully packaged and arrived in excellent shape, even in 90+ degree temps.
Positive Marina_Parr
Crawfordville, FL
June 3, 2018
I've been ordering from Almost Eden for a number of years. Never been disappointed. Wonderful selection, affordable prices, timely shipping and good quality. Wonderful company to deal with. Thank you, Almost Eden!
Positive Tidewatergarden
Waverly, VA
June 2, 2018
I have ordered from Almost Eden the past two years and they are great! John is quick to respond, helpful and very friendly. Their selection is amazing and affordable, yet somehow they do not sacrifice on plant quality the way some vendors with similar prices have in my experience - 5/5!
Positive Gyst
Baton Rouge, LA
April 29, 2018
Interesting and hard to find, large healthy plants packed well and shipped quickly. Great place!
Positive bradman79
Grovetown, GA (Zone 8a)
April 19, 2018
I've used Almost Eden twice in the past year for annuals and perennials - hard to find plants at reasonable prices! The plants always arrive in great shape, they seem to be packed quite carefully. Definitely would use them again.
Positive DavieCoNC
Mocksville, NC (Zone 7b)
April 12, 2018
I had never used mail order to get plants before so I was hesitant. But since they were highly rated here on Dave's Garden, gave it a shot. Almost Eden removed all my doubts about mail order flowers! I ordered several plants and they were healthy large plants that were well packaged. No damage and they came quickly (2 days from their Louisiana location to me in North Carolina). I am super pleased with my experience and will use them again in the future.
Positive LucasCatChow
Tulsa, OK
April 10, 2018
I ordered 2 Salvia Wendy's Wish plants and received some of the best plants I've ever gotten anywhere. They were a really good size and well rooted. Packaging was wonderful as not a drop of soil came out. Excellent experience with them.
Positive Mid12nt
Stone Mountain, GA
April 5, 2018
Posted on April 6, 2013, updated April 5, 2018
Posted on April 10, 2011, updated April 6, 2013
Great company, plants are in fantastic shape and in amazing good size and health. Some of the plants were already blooming )

I especially want to comment about a special plant I ordered, a Ghost Cactus, I was shocked to see how large the plant was when I opened it, it was huge, not the tiny little thing I was expecting, and the packing kept it from losing any of its arms. And as I already mentioned the other plants were equally impressive in health and size. No pathetic little sticks here.

Only complaint I have is because of the the tape it\'s a bit difficult to unpack the individual plants, but that\'s nitpicking on my part, because the important thing is how well protected the plants during shipping, and that is immensely so.

Bottom line, I will be ordering again from them next year (or maybe even again this year).
On April 6th, 2013, Mid12nt added the following:

April 2013, another year, another excellent buying experience, plants as usual exceeded my expectations as to size and health. Very carefully, packaged, overkill almost until you realize how well protected all the tape makes them, no harm from the boxes being mishandled by the shipping service. Love Almost Eden, love the houseplant and their great selection of plants.
On April 5th, 2018, Mid12nt added the following:

Another pleasant year of purchases. I was happily surprised that the black elephant ears I ordered were already leafy out, I had expected to only receive bulbs, so I am thrilled. Also when I found another plant I liked, they added it to my order and didn't charge me extra for shipping. Thank you Almost Eden.
Positive sarahjane34
Columbia, MO
November 9, 2017
What an absolute gem of a company! I ordered three plants from them and they all came extremely healthy and at least three times the size of other companies I frequent for the same or a lower price. For example, I ordered an olive tree and it was three times the size of another company’s I’ve ordered from and twice the size of a different company’s pot of the same size (I frequently give olive trees as gifts, so I’m ordering them regularly). They also emailed me prior to shipment to ensure it would not be too cold for delivery, which showed how much they care about both their plants and customers. The plants arrived three days after shipping and just look great.. I could not be more pleased with Almost Eden and cannot wait to order more from them.
Positive tfallen
Naylor, MO
October 19, 2017
I had never ordered from Almost Eden before but they carried a particular variety of plant I was looking for. Took a chance and was very pleased. Good price, timely arrival, and some of the best looking plants I have ever ordered online. I will order from them again.
Positive StGallDetroit
Detroit, MI
August 19, 2017
A lovely and professional experience on every level.
Positive mimmorgan
Beaumont, TX
July 5, 2017
I have ordered twice (total of 6 plants) from Almost Eden and I cannot say enough good about them! The plants were much bigger and healthier than I expected and the prices were reasonable. In addition to the quality, they have a great selection of hard to find specimens. They were packed very carefully and obviously had been well tended to before that. I have a whole wish list of plants I will be purchasing from them in the future!
Positive nemesis1993
Chicago, IL
July 1, 2017
Very pleased with purchase. Very large Iris and plants received. Will order from again. Thanks again.
Positive skyg1831
Lynbrook, NY
June 15, 2017
Posted on May 27, 2016, updated June 15, 2017
Have purchased from this company twice this year. Great plants, very well packed! Very fast service and delivery. First order they didn\'t have something in stock and a check was accompanying my order for the refund.
On June 15th, 2017, skyg1831 added the following:

I'm definitely a repeat customer. Plants always packed beautifully and transport well. GREAT customer service. Have recommended this site to several people and they, too, are very well satisfied.
Positive amazindirt
mid-state, TN (Zone 7a)
June 7, 2017
WOW.

My first order with Almost Eden. I've been collecting figs, and they had a couple of varieties I wanted to try -- and of course I had to buy a couple of other things while I was there.

First -- good prices. But low prices meant I didn't expect big plants.

Shipping -- well packed and stable in the box, no disturbance to the plants.

The plants -- the figs were about the height I expected for the price, but better branched and with more leaves than I expected. But here's the "wow" part: I purchased a bromeliad, and for the price I paid I expected to get one starter crown (fan? whatever you call it in bromeliads) -- something small. But what I got instead was a pot crammed full with six or seven fat and happy crowns. WOW. I have purchased that same plant elsewhere in years past, and for that big clump I'd expect to pay at least three or four times what Almost Eden charged me.

In sum -- big thumbs-up from me. I'll be happy to order from them again.
Positive Jewelweed
Arlington, TN
June 3, 2017
Posted on August 31, 2003, updated June 3, 2017
Stumbled on their web site this spring and thought I\'d take a chance and order, even though there were no reviews yet on this site. They offer some hard to find plants at reasonable prices. The web site acts funky, though, and the plant descriptions could be more detailed. I thought the plants were somewhat sloppily packed, and several arrived with broken stems because of this. However, they were so huge (even with the broken stems) that I didn\'t complain. Would order from them again.
On May 10th, 2004, Jewelweed added the following:

Ordered from them again & got a large, healthy, well-packed plant. Will definitely be a repeat customer.
On April 29th, 2006, Jewelweed added the following:

Placed online order for 6 plants on 4/25/06 at 3 pm. On 4/28/06 received 6 well-packaged, healthy plants by Priority Mail.
On March 23rd, 2008, Jewelweed added the following:

Had another positive experience with my Spring 2007 order. Recommend this company.
On May 5th, 2008, Jewelweed added the following:

This was my 6th year to order from this company and once again I am very satisfied.
On June 3rd, 2017, Jewelweed added the following:

Have continued to order from them. Last order for 13 plants received end of April 2017 during the week I specified shipment. All plants looked great and healthy and are doing well.
Positive JOHNFREEMAN
Seven Lakes, NC
June 1, 2017
THIS NURSERY IS ABSOLUTELY SUPERB.I've bought many plants from various nurseries and most were adequate some were diseased or otherwise inadequate.ALMOST EDEN has just sent me four of the healthiest ,best packaged,rapidly shipped and reasonably priced plants I've ever received by mail order.
The owner discussed the plants with me, provided good info.He stocks some plants almost impossible to find anywhere else and a wide selection of figs.I only wish that it were possible to buy all the plants I will need in the future from this company.The owner is a knowledgeable horticulturist and an excellent businessman, a rare combination!
Positive ABQ_True
Albuquerque, NM
May 18, 2017
Oh, how very badly I wanted a fringed milkweed vine (funastrum cynanchoides) for my pollinator garden. Considering my middling success in cold stratifying other milkweeds, and the cost of these particular seeds, a nursery offering the plant was ideal. Imagine my delight when I finally found Almost Eden after (literal) hours of web searching. So why get one when you can get four, right? I figured I'd end up killing at least half. Almost Eden shipped them promptly and they arrived quickly, with excellent packaging. The plants themselves were well rooted, multiple vines per plant already 6 inches to 1 foot long. And I haven't killed one yet! A testament to the plant vigor rather than my gardening skills.
Positive TMichelle
Platteville, WI
May 11, 2017
I ordered from Almost Eden largely because of the many positive reviews here, and was not disappointed. The Aloe vera plants they shipped were all larger than expected and very well packaged.
Positive tardis
Albuquerque, NM
May 10, 2017
Posted on April 6, 2011, updated May 10, 2017
I have never received plants in the mail approaching the perfect condition of those that came (quickly) from Almost Eden today. Excellent company!
On May 10th, 2017, tardis added the following:

Almost Eden is as close as it gets to mail-order paradise!
Positive annineasttexas
Palestine, TX
May 8, 2017
What a GREAT experience I had purchasing plants at Almost Eden recently. The several plants arrived in two days and every one was beautiful: such fresh, healthy, strong plants, they couldn't have been better. And the packing! Unbelievable the care and attention given to make sure they arrived in the best possible condition. And John---well, John is my new best friend. He not only answered myriad questions before I ordered, but took all the time I needed to walk through the process of placing my first order, then called me back to see if I had special instructions for the carrier (I did) and he made sure the boxes were marked accordingly. He is such a delight to talk with. I am absolutely recommending Almost Eden to everyone I know---the selection, ordering process, staff, personal attention to detail to make sure the customer is happy, the excellent plants--all perfect, could not be better. Thanks, John and staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Positive LNassal
Millington, TN
April 6, 2017
I have ordered brugmansia and iochroma several times in the last 2 years from Almost Eden. They are large, beautiful, healthy and not expensive. The packing is superb, and they rarely lose a leaf.
The company is so friendly and helpful with advice! They are very responsive to email, questions on their website and always answer their phones. The selection of plants they offer is vast and I see so many things I want to order! I recommend them very much. John is wonderful!
Positive zimjess
Marianna, FL
April 4, 2017
Nothing but positive experience with this company. I ordered 4 passiflora, one Incense and 3 Possum Purple. All arrived extremely vibrant and healthy looking, packed perfectly, no bends or cracks. Out of all the passiflora vines I have ordered this season, these were by far the best. Thick, strong stems, and strongly rooted in the pots. They have also been the quickest to acclimate and send out new growth. Just happy plants! Maybe because I am in a closer proximity to where they are grown? I don't know but will definitely order from AlmostEden any time. Thank you for making this such a pleasurable transaction when so many are disappointing!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]