The scoop on 'Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse)'

Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse)

Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) has 1757 products listed in PlantScout.

13034 Cedar Creek Road
Milton, Delaware 19968 (United States)

Phone: 302-684-8092
Fax: 302-684-1186

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Ruella_De_Ville
Rojo,
United States
January 5, 2018
Ordered several different varieties of plants from Peppers Greenhouse. Great price, prompt shipment, and very healthy 4" potted plants.
Will definitely order from there again. Excellent!
Positive claypots11
Concord, NH
December 9, 2017
I love this store. Great quality plants and very fair prices. I will continue to give them my business after placing over 3 orders this past fall.
Negative Kedler
December 5, 2017
Welcome to Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) the DMV of nurseries.

Here's a few suggestions that I've learned from watching good businesses over the years:

If Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) has been consistently "two weeks behind with orders" for at least the last three years, based on negative feedback here from 2014, and my observations for the last year, perhaps your business has grown and you need to hire another employee!

If you hate children, don't get a job as a teacher. Similarly, if you don't possess the social skills to communicate politely, don't do customer service. If you decide to sell online, you should expect to expand your customer service to that clientele. While I have no desire to talk with you, in the 21st century we do use telephones for communication, and you're not going to be able to keep people from calling you about online ordering, ever. (I just got a tiny, good feeling.) If you're going to use the internet to sell your product, you're going to have internet customers that expect you to utilize the options given to you by the internet. One thing the internet is really good for is communicating information to people. To clarify, customer service means treating other people who are trying to purchase from you with a the same basic level of decency, respect, and consideration as you want them to offer to you. Negative feedback for Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) here runs back to 2004, and your bad attitude shows up over and over, Curt.

When you don't have something a customer ordered, you update your site, then you contact them and ask if they would like a refund, a substitution of one of the other items ordered, or to wait until it is available. (Here's a secret. You write this letter one time. Then you SAVE it. Then you do what we call COPY and PASTE, using that same message for the next customer, but you change the names as needed for each different order. Now you can be just as rude as you like to be, but no one knows because you made your message polite!)

When you don't have a plant in stock, and you cancel a customer's order, update your website to show these items are not available.

You say you cancelled my order because only one item I selected was in stock. What are the chances of that? Pretty remarkable that I happened to pick all items you don't have in my selection of 8 specimens of 6 plant varieties.

What I ordered & the number that is now listed in stock after Curt cancelled my order and refunded my money, which he kept for 2 weeks +:
1 of 8 in stock
2 of 0 in stock
1 of 1 in stock
1 of 1 in stock
2 of 8 and
1 of 4 in stock.
So really, according to their site, Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) cancelled my order because they don't have one of the plants I ordered, not because they only have one of the plants I ordered.

In stock or not, you cancelled my order, yet a day later you still have not updated your Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) site, which leads me to wonder if they were actually even in stock when I paid you for them last month. Considering several are still showing the same amount in stock as when I placed my order, I suspect that you let me order plants you didn't have simply because you can't be bothered to maintain your inventory. (Three weeks is enough time for you to be planning ahead and aware of your inventory, regardless of how large your business is in both stock and customers.) This theory would also explain why I received a partial order the first time I ordered from Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse). The increased cost per item caused by shipping fees, and the decreased amount of items received, made my first order from you a ridiculous purchase, with me overpaying considerably for what I received. That order was also delayed your 15-20 days, so you again had had plenty of time to update your site, and email me with those details. Evidently, this type of communication is too much of a bother for you.

Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) site still shows all of these except one as available, offering customers the option to pay you for them. Not updating this information, particularly when you cancel a customer's order for them, shows a complete lack of consideration to your customers. If you treated your walk in customers this way, you'd have no business. Sad to think a business with so much potential like Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) is controlled by a person who has no qualms about taking his customer's money by leaving the option for more people to order, pay, wait out your chosen business practice of 15-20 days of non-communication, accepting payment for product he doesn't have, and then filling orders as/if he sees fit, rather than to a customer's specified preferences.

While I love plants, I have plenty already, and I'll always find more I want. I can let go of the desire to keep the species you advertise as in stock, but you may or may not send to me, only weeks after I pay you. I purchase from several other, quality businesses, so won't be following links that lead to Pepper's Greenhouse or Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse).

Be very clear that because of your blatant disregard for your customers, and your apparently self serving attitude, and evident dishonesty, or lack of caring about appearing to be dishonest, I will not purchase from you, and I will actively encourage others to avoid you.
Negative MarieAkhurst
Lancaster, PA
August 30, 2017
I called this business about an herb they sell, Lovage. I wanted to use the herb to feed black swallowtail caterpillars. The owner or manager got on the phone and I asked if they treat the lovage with any pesticides. The owner/manager was honest and informed me that yes, they do. She mentioned that 'they' are 'destroying the parsley and other plants'. I am unsure but I took it that she may have been killing butterfly caterpillars, black swallowtails specifically, in order for her plants to look nice for customers (since most other insects don't bother much with herbs and butterfly caterpillars will consume much of the foliage at later stages). Customers, what would you rather have.. perfect plants with dead caterpillars of beautiful butterflies or, a few holes and maybe a couple of caterpillars arriving on the plant? As gardeners, we have to accept that plants and wildlife are a package deal. If you care about the plant, you have to care about those depending on that plant. Yes, there are some that aren't valued such as aphids, spider mites.. but those insects are not in decline. Our pollinators are declining rapidly. The company was honest and I appreciate that but I will not support any company that sprays the plants, especially when there are declining pollinators and their offspring depending on those plants for survival. This is my experience and my opinion only. I felt others should be made aware of the practices of this business so they can make an informed decision.
Positive spykidan
Doylestown, PA
June 4, 2017
Received everything as expected. Plants were in decent condition considering they went through the mail. I ordered 4 Corsican Mint, 6 Mazus Reptans, and 2 Chinese Lobelia after researching on Dave's Garden (and not being able to find locally). They all filled the container, looked healthy, and the roots did not appear to be severely outgrowing the container.

All 12 are transplanted, doing well, and are starting to add new growth.

The containers were individually labeled with the plant names and requirements which made finding the ideal spot much easier.

Would order again!
Positive Jewelweed
Arlington, TN
June 3, 2017
The plants I ordered took awhile to get here, but arrived by Priority Mail in great condition today. One is literally covered with flowers. Ordered from them last year, too, and it was a positive experience. Will order from again.
Positive DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
March 29, 2017
Posted on February 21, 2017, updated March 29, 2017
Posted on May 8, 2016, updated February 21, 2017
Posted on May 14, 2015, updated May 8, 2016
Posted on May 28, 2013, updated May 14, 2015
Posted on April 20, 2013, updated May 28, 2013
I just received some of the most amazing plants I have ever seen from Accents for Home and Garden. The plants are worthy of Forest Farm or Select Seeds (I think you know what a compliment that is) at a fraction of the price. I received three beautiful wintergreens, a quite large peace lily, two oregano Kent Beauty, three scented geraniums and an abutilon. They were well packaged and fresh. I am very pleased. These guys REALLY know what they are doing, and I will not hesitate to order from them in the future.
On May 28th, 2013, DonnaMack added the following:

Oh, my, goodness!

The abuliton I received April 20 - ordered is three times larger and covered with buds. The previous one I received from another source was so weak I wondered whether I could really grow this plant - I just took a chance.

The peace lily is forming flowers.

The wintergreens, with which so many people have difficulty, have popped out new and beautiful leaves. Yes, I used soil conditioner, but most people say these things never grow, and just fade away.

The Kent Beauties are thriving, as well as the scented geranium.

With this quality and these prices, if I am looking for something they have, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a go!
On May 14th, 2015, DonnaMack added the following:

Today I received spectacular plants from Peppers. I must comment on the phenomenal Japanese Shrub Mint Golden Angel. It was MUCH larger than expected for a very low price. After the success of the three wintergreen I received in 2013, I did not hesitate to order three more. And I ordered another pink abuliton.

This company has consistently provided me with absolutely outstanding plants. And Fred very kindly acknowledged my request for a change in shipping date - and honored it.

Very, very fine customer service, and excellent plants at a good price point - it\\\\\\\'s the combination that keeps me coming back.
On May 8th, 2016, DonnaMack added the following:

This year\\\'s orders were absolutely wonderful. I ordered a red abuliton, which came with two flowers in bloom, and a very nice scented geranium, but what really thrilled me were the two very large Japanese Shrub Mint Golden Angel, in perfect condition. I cannot say enough about this company. Very reasonable prices, really interesting plants, and expert packing.
On February 21st, 2017, DonnaMack added the following:

I ordered once again from this company, requesting salvia elegans (2) and wintergreen (3). The company carefully scheduled delivery for a series of 60 degree days, which we do not often get in northern Illinois in February, but the amazing thing was the wintergreen The salvia was nice but the wintergreens, in addition to having gorgeous shiny healthy leaves, were covered with very fresh berries. This was completely unexpected, and truly delightful.
On March 29th, 2017, DonnaMack added the following:

I was so please with my wintergreen that I ordered three more, plus an abuliton. Again, the abuliton was covered with berries. Just amazing.
Negative Baboonacat
Bradenton, FL (Zone 10a)
August 2, 2016
I recently purchased 2 plants from Accents for Home and Garden. I had purchased plants from this nursery a few times in the past and the plants arrived as expected, so I never had to contact them with a problem, This time was different. One of the plants I ordered, a Chinese Hat plant, was only 2 inches tall with one leaf and was barely rooted. I'm sure the nursery pulled it off the mist bench before it was ready so they could sell it. I was in disbelief when I opened the box. I thought it was a joke. A 2 inch twig just beginning to grow a root? They should have informed me the plant was not ready for shipment and given me an option. I emailed the nursery, waited 2 days, and received no response. I called and explained the problem and was told that "he" (Fred Pepper) was out of town at a plant show and would be back that evening. She advised me to resend the email, which I did. Three days later, still no reply. I emailed a third time, explaining the problem and asking for a refund or replacement. Still, no reply. There is no customer service as others have said, and I will not buy plants from Accents for Home and Garden again.
Negative susand24224
Davenport, WA
May 9, 2016
On April 3, I ordered one Hardy Orange and 5 Artemesia Powis Castlew from this company. Total plant order: $33.70. Total shipping: $25.25. The website clearly states that plants will be shipped in 15-20 days. Yes, this shipping is ridiculous, but I wanted the plants and went ahead and paid it. (plus the $1 packing fee.) Twenty days came and went, so at about 30 days I e-mailed inquiring when my order would be sent. I was advised that the Hardy Orange was ready, but that the Artemesias couldn't be sent until June 10--first notification of this. The first week in June we could be easily be over 100 deg. where I live--not good conditions for planting in a dry climate. I e-mailed back, saying I probably should cancel the order, but was willing to accept the Hardy Orange if the shipping of $25.25 would be substantially reduced. No response. Shipping notice three days later. Today I received the Hardy Orange, there was NO adjustment of shipping charges, and a note on the order form saying "Refund Sent to Paypal." No refund has been sent to Paypal. E-mailed the seller, who again refused to acknowledge that I was only willing to accept the Hardy Orange if shipping was substantially reduced, and that they were just "backed up in the office," so I hadn't yet been reimbursed. So, I have now paid about $35.00 for a 6" plant that got knocked up quite a bit by USPS; that is, if they are ever able to find the time to reimburse the other $24.75. I have contested this through Paypal, and will proceed to contest through my charge card if it is denied. I have never before seen such lack of regard for customer service and will never purchase from them again.
Neutral musaboru
(Zone 9b)
May 8, 2016
Most people have had great experiences with this company, and I would agree they do a good job...most of the time that is. The issue I have with this company is in instances when I need to contact them. If one has an issue with an order, then good luck finding a resolution.

Consider it a gamble when ordering. If you don't get what you ordered or they ignore your no-substitution request, then don't even bother wasting any effort to get your issue fix. And if you want to open a Paypal dispute, Paypal will likely force you to ship the item(s) back at your expense to resolve the issue. There is no fair resolution here.
Positive Bev4
Roswell, GA
April 13, 2016
Received two giant milkweed plants today (super hard to find!), great price, packed well, excellent customer service in response to comments on my order. I also received a Mexican flame vine from them, it looks great as well. I will definitely be back to order again.
Positive Dozer38
Phoenixville, PA
August 26, 2015
I am a first time online plant purchaser. Less than a week ago I ordered an orange sceptre butterfly bush. Peppers knocked it out of the park. I could not have been happier when I opened the well packed box and found a large, healthy beautiful plant that was full of life. Being a first time purchaser I kept my order small. I am so pleased with the care and speed of Peppers that I am already planning my next order. I would absolutely recommend Peppers to anyone looking for that hard to find plant or anything else for that matter.
Positive gvargo
Lansdowne, PA
August 4, 2015
Posted on July 1, 2015, updated August 4, 2015
On June 25th I ordered two red mistletoe cacti from Pepper\'s because the price was good but I wasn\'t really sure what I would be getting. Their site only stated that they would be shipped in 4\" pots, which could mean anything. From the beginning I received emails with a package tracking number and updates on when I would receive my plants. The box was delivered this morning and stamped in red was \"live plants enclosed.\" I just opened them and I have to say they are better than what I had hoped for. Each plant was carefully wrapped, healthy and are a good size for the price.

I would not hesitate to order from them again.
On August 4th, 2015, gvargo added the following:

Once again, I've had a very positive experience with Accents for Home and Garden. I recently ordered three plants, two of them rather unusual: Queen's Tears and Indian Clock Vine, along with a variegated Hoya Kerrii. AFHG was the only vendor who had all three and all were less expensive than their competitors.

Upon ordering, I noticed that the Indian Clock Vine was out of stock. I was going to cancel that item and order something else but later that day it slipped my mind and I never contacted the company.

Only a few days later, I saw the mailman at my door with a box. As I stated before, the box was stamped that live plants were inside, a courtesy that other companies don't extend. I figured the Indian Clock Vine was on back order and only two of the plants had arrived. However, I was surprised to see that all three plants were inside the box.

I love the low prices that AFHG offer, sometimes as little as half as much as other nurseries, and yet the plants are so gorgeous and generously sized that I don't know how they do it. I do know I will definitely be ordering from them again.

Neutral timbobway1
Bristol, TN
July 23, 2015
Posted on July 23, 2015, updated July 23, 2015
I ordered a desert rose that had (from their website) \"clusters of flowers in pink and white with a hint of red.\" The photo on the order was clearly a red and white flower. //site.mawebcenters.com/accentsforhomeandgarden_1/catalog_i11634001.html?catId=292137
When my desert rose bloomed, it was completely white. Completely. No trace of pink or red or anything. ALL white.
I thought: Oh...there\'s been a mistake, they messed up and sent the wrong one. I\'ll just email and let them know of the error, and they\'ll send me the right one.
But no.
When I told them I\'d not received a red and white flower, Fred told me he\'d never promised me a red and white one. When I pointed out that the website and sales receipt had red and white in print and in picture, he reluctantly agreed to refund my money if I sent my plant back first. I explained that I didn\'t want my money back so much as I wanted a red and white desert rose, but he wouldn\'t do that. They would not send me a red and white desert rose. I don\'t think they have any.
I suggested Fred take down the picture of a red and white desert rose, and remove the print description that says \"pink and white with hints of red\" , if he was selling white ones, but he said he wouldn\'t change anything.
Fred\'s social skills aren\'t the greatest. And I question his word.
But I\'m always disappointed when folks act like this.

On July 23rd, 2015, timbobway1 added the following:

After writing my comments, I decided to go back to the site and check out the language and the picture again. I clicked on "enlarge" for the photo, and I swear, it looks like it's been Photoshopped! Amazing. Who'd have thought a plant seller would get soooo weird? Check it out. See if you don't agree. //site.mawebcenters.com/accentsforhomeandgarden_1/catalog_i11634001.html?catId=292137
The picture has been Photoshopped.
I've moved beyond disappointment. I've reached disbelief.
I guess it takes all kinds.
Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
July 16, 2015
Posted on May 22, 2013, updated July 16, 2015
Posted on April 25, 2012, updated May 22, 2013
Posted on November 10, 2010, updated April 25, 2012
Posted on March 31, 2009, updated November 10, 2010
ordered two Streptosolen\'s on the 25th and they arrived in perfect condition AND blooming today, the 30th. couldn\'t be happier as i have been searching for this plant a long, long time.
On November 10th, 2010, trackinsand added the following:

ordered five variegated fern, one bolivian sunset and one other plant a few days ago. i received an email the same day stating that the ferns weren\'t available and what did i want to do. i asked for three of the b. sunsets and the other plant and to please credit the account for whatever they owed me on the ferns. i paid them through paypal and got my refund before the plants came.
the plants arrived today, much healthier and bigger than i expected (blooming too).
i continue to have nothing but good experiences with this company and with fred.
On April 25th, 2012, trackinsand added the following:

placed a good sized order (about 15 plants) a while back and asked for an april ship date. my delivery date was honored. i received a refund for one plant that was no longer available and the plants arrived in wonderful condition (as always). this is a great company to deal with and an especially good find for those looking for houseplants. they have a truly amazing selection and everything is beyond healthy.
thanks so much!
On May 22nd, 2013, trackinsand added the following:

fred, you did it again! made me SO happy with my purchase.
i will continue to recommend and buy from this nursery. amazing selection and fair prices.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
On July 16th, 2015, trackinsand added the following:

placed an order last week and paid thru paypal. i received an immediate refund on two plants that were no longer available. received confirmation email and tracking email very quickly. plants came yesterday and as usual, i am very happy with the size and health of the plants. it's been ungodly hot lately and i always worry a little when placing an order with any company in the dead of summer. needn't worry with peppers though. everything is well watered and in great shape. they took the time to wrap an Aeonium especially well so that the delicate leaves wouldn't fall off.
always pleases with this company. they have an amazing assortment of rare plants that you just can't find anywhere else. if you do, they are three times as much.
i'll be back, of course!
Company representative comment on April 6, 2009:
On Apr 5, 2009 10:52 PM, Accents for Home and Garden (Pepper's Greenhouse) responded with:

Thank You, Glad to have fulfilled your search.

Negative cowman10940
Middletown, NY
June 13, 2015
BEWARE. I received my order of 6 Indian Pink perennials (I ordered 7 being informed that was the number they had but they only shipped 6) on June 11, 2015. These people should be ashamed of themselves. Two of the plants were barely acceptable, two were tiny and very mediocre (not something I would ever buy) and two were barely alive. In fact, as of today, June 13, 2015, they are declining rapidly. I have purchased from many mail order companies. This is by far the very worst one I have ever dealt with. I will NEVER order from them again. By the way, I immediately sent an email to them expressing my dissatisfaction but have not have been shown the courtesy of a reply.
Positive wyldeflwr
Laurel, MD (Zone 7a)
June 6, 2015
I just received my plants from Pepper's Greenhouse and was so pleased I thought I should share my experience. I was really surprised to see a negative review. I ordered on May 26 and had not heard anything about delivery, so I sent an email on June 3 to inquire about when to expect delivery. I received an immediate response, a "click and ship' notification.( I believe they could work on communication but do understand if you are a small company how it might be difficult to do so.)Today, I received my plants. I have rarely received such healthy, mature, well packaged plants in all the years I have been ordering on-line. Each plant also had growing instructions taped to the pot they were in. I am truly overjoyed with these plants. I will order from them again.
Negative lotusbrown
Vashon, WA
June 1, 2015
Sadly I have to agree with the other negative feedback about Peppers Greenhouse. Not only did my plants arrive damaged from shipping, but clearly burned from the sun before they were shipped.

Additionally, I wrote numerous e mails requesting an estimated shipping date with no response. Part of my order was omitted and I was not advised of this.

Attempts to resolve damaged plants were responded to with short tempered arrogance and lack of consideration. When I requested a refund I was refused and advised the only time refunds are given are when plants are returned. However-The FAQ states "no returns" !! Sad sad way to biz.
Negative hz78
Peabody, MA
May 21, 2015
I decided to try out this nursery and placed an order; communication was really poor, seller did not notify me when they will be shipping the plant only when they decide based on the weather, which I wasn't happy about at all, would be nice to know when the plant is shipped or will be; once I finally received the plant it had no documentation, descriptions or how to take care of the plant, in few weeks it was not doing too well so I did some research and and tried to take care of it based on what I read online which did not help so I sent them a message asking for assistance on how to take care of the plant, had no response; finally I sent them a message in less than a month if I could return the plant and here's the response I got:

"No returns. when a plant arrives to you alive ,our responsibility ends. That is a very easy plant to grow, thriving on neglect."

this is a very poor response to a paying customer, short, arrogant with attitude. This is definitely not good customer service. I'm not going to buy from this nursery again, good thing I didn't spend a lot of money. I bought from other nurseries online before and this is by far the worst service I've had
Neutral JeffR47
Rockville, MD
May 19, 2015
I ordered ferns from Pepper's. The price was good, as was the selection. However, several weeks went by without any communication from them. When I contacted them, asking for an order update, I received a curt response saying that filling orders usually took a few weeks. When my order finally arrived, again without any communication, 1/3 of it had been cancelled. They didn't charge me for the missing plants, but the lack of communication was irritating.

The quality of the plants I received was very good. However, Pepper's (Fred) needs to improve his customer service A LOT. Communication with customers is extremely poor: a customer deserves to be informed when an order cannot be fulfilled, and notified with an estimated ship date, especially when a delay of several weeks seems to be standard.
Positive GeoTx
Humble, TX
March 19, 2015
I stumbled upon these reviews of Pepper's only after I had placed an order with them for rhizomatous begonias. My heart sunk as I read the negative reviews. It was the dead of winter when I ordered so I waited. I didn't receive a call or an email, but I was patient. My plants arrived when the weather permitted a safe shipment. Worth the wait! Plants came carefully wrapped and gorgeous. Healthy, sturdy, well formed plants. I'm thrilled.
Positive krysa
Arlington, TX
October 11, 2014
Order an old fashioned Chrysanthemum I could not find anywhere else. Plant arrived well packed and healthy. It has been a few months since I planted it, and it is still doing very well. Maybe not a high service company, but I am happy with my order. After placing my order, I did not receive an email or other notification. No ship notice was sent either. After a couple weeks, my order arrived, safe and sound.
Positive gypsy9
Newton, TX
October 8, 2014
Ordered plant Oct 3rd, received Oct 8th

Just received my plant, Impatiens Congo Cockatoo, from Peppers Greenhouse and I couldn't be more pleased! Actually 2 plants in the pot, both very healthy. Well packaged, not even a lost leaf. The price was great as was the cost of shipping. I have no doubt I will be ordering from them again.
Positive floria
Athens, GA (Zone 8a)
September 12, 2014
Posted on September 12, 2014, updated September 12, 2014
First time ordering: 3 Sinningia, 2 pomegranates, 1 hibiscus, 1 orange jasmine. Got a UPS click-it message with tracking number 2 days after ordering. Plants arrived in very good shape - a bit on the dry side, but they recovered well. I found that the price per plant is one of the better deals available. The shipping is somewhat expensive (about 50% for an admittedly small order), but I found it to be a good deal altogether, considering what other companies charge for similar sized plants. In other words: I found that Pepper\'s price per plant plus shipping per plant still comes out less expensive than similar size plants plus shipping from other companies. I will order again from this company.
On September 12th, 2014, floria added the following:

Forgot to add that I emailed with a question and I got a reply in about 2 hours.
Positive AdeniumNut
Alamo, CA
September 9, 2014
It's been over a year since last order. I think I just bought from these guys once, but it was a big order. I bought a j. Sambac moe, a chenille, justicia, philodendron pink princess, and a couple others I don't remember what. All arrived nice, the philodendron was enormous and too heavy for the pot to support it. Wow things have changed a lot in just over a year. I just up potted that sambac to a 3g, that chenille is in a 5g. I'm done with this review.
Negative ravensfire
Vallejo, CA
September 7, 2014
On August 28 I placed an order for a "madusa's head" and "flame leaf spurge. I never received a confirmation eMail or tracking number.

My messages were curt and the responses, were all repetitive of how an eMail is sent right after a purchase was made. None of the response had given me the information requested; confirmation, tracking number...

Adding insult to injury, pictures online are terribly misleading. The plants received were in a USPS box that looked like it was trampled on and the plants themselves looked just as bad as the box they came in.
please refer to my facebook page to see the online pictures and the actual plants received.

[[email protected]]

I will never, never do business with them or refer them to any of my friends.
Positive obliqua
Pittsburgh, PA
July 14, 2014
Posted on September 10, 2009, updated July 14, 2014
I ordered a number of plants from Pepper's. The plants were
a nice size, for the price. Well packed and healthy! I just placed another order!
On July 14th, 2014, obliqua added the following:

I love this place!!!! The plants are always unusual ones I cannot find any where else. My orders are always delivered fast and the plants are always healthy a thriving.

I have ordered many times a have never had a problem.
Positive boca_joe
Germantown, MD (Zone 7a)
June 30, 2014
This is my second order with them.

I placed a small order in May. Fred contacted to let me know that a few of the plants were small and would be a few weeks. I actually changed my m ind a few weeks in and asked if I could get another item (Fatsia japonica "Camouflauge" after seeing a friends plant from them). Fred promptly replied and let me know what the additional cost would be. This was on Friday, order went out Monday afternoon with delivery confirmation emailed to me. Plant arrived perfectly packed, and I could not have hand picked a nicer plant myself, nice 2 gallon pot.

I have ordered last year several tropicals and they were well rooted and packed. Very pleased with the communication from Fred. Would defintely order again. Thank you!
Positive windsong58
md,
Canada
June 28, 2014
i have ordered 4 plants from peppers greenhouse.and all of them is healthy and beautiful. just perfect, thank you,
Negative planthugger
Rogersville, MO
June 25, 2014
Two of the plants they sent me had a fungal disease. I took photos with them still partly in their packaging and sent them to them, asking what I should do if one or both died. No response. Sure enough, one died. I sent another email telling them this, and again no response. I don't recommend them at all and won't order from Pepper's Greenhouse again.
Negative texasbelle
Mid Gulf Coast, TX (Zone 9b)
June 17, 2014
How do these people stay in business? I placed an order with them over two and a half weeks ago and have neither heard from them nor received my order. I have emailed them and called and left a message - still NOTHING! I will not order from them again....if I can't find a plant somewhere else, I will do without.
Negative daw4220
Mendon, NY (Zone 6a)
June 1, 2014
Order number 14580511

I bought three each lavender and anemone. I contacted this company by e-mail twice and informed them that none of the three anemone have shown any sign of life yet. Considering it is June, I don't think these plants have survived and they have yet to respond to my request for advice. I don't like leaving negative feedback, but I feel I have no other choice.
Positive SetterX2
Little Silver, NJ
May 18, 2014
Good experience with this company. All the plants ordered were well wrapped for transport, and all look wonderfully healthy. Also had very good communication with Fred. Very happy and will do business again.
Negative mirabelle2
Stuart, OK
May 8, 2014
Posted on May 1, 2014, updated May 8, 2014
I placed an order last week for 2 jasmine plants.
They haven't shipped yet. I emailed them 2 days ago to cancel as per website. No response. I called them and they didn't bother checking my order. Said we will respond to email. I told them I sent email 2 days ago with no response thus I m calling today. She goes we are very busy with running the nursery we will respond to ur email. And hung up !
No professionalism. I m also very busy. But I managed to email n call. Be courteous and respect my time as well. I ll not b ordering from them again. There is no communication n lady was arrogant. Regret ordering .

On May 8th, 2014, mirabelle2 added the following:

UPDATE : May 8, 2014 !!!!!
I called again, and they have refused to look up my account and tell me about my order. they have said they are very busy, 2 weeks behind. I should send an email. i told them i already sent an email about 10 days ago and got no response. Lady was very rude and repeated we are 2 weeks behind and we will get back to you. Its OUTRAGEOUS the customer service you get from this company. I have ZERO update on my order. Please dont order from this company.
Positive virginiarose
Portsmouth, VA (Zone 8a)
April 14, 2014
Posted on September 5, 2013, updated April 14, 2014
I found this company on the web when I was looking for a particular plant. I was drawn in by the low prices on some things that I had been wanting and I did put in the order. I did receive a confirmation right away and the next day I got a Click-N-Ship® shipping notification telling me that my plants would be shipped on the 3rd and they arrived today which is the 5th. The pots were all 4x4 not 3x3 or 2x2. I really liked the packing method also none of the dirt was spilled or missing from the pots. Nice plants and I do recommend them to everyone and I will do more business with this company.
On April 14th, 2014, virginiarose added the following:

I received another beautiful order from Pepper's. This time I got house plants and boy are they big and healthy. This company is easy to work with and very reasonable on their prices. I love this company and hope to do more business with them. Thank you Pepper's!!
Positive GayeM
Seaford, DE
January 27, 2014
I live in southern Delaware, and my experience with Accents (Pepper's) is therefore from visiting the nursery rather than mail-ordering from them. I moved here 2 years ago and joined the Delaware Master Gardeners (was an MG in my former location). Pepper's was the first recommendation many of my fellow MGs gave for a local nursery. It surprised me to see on this site that they have a mail order business. It's a family company and the nursery is huge, with a really extensive variety of plant offerings and garden-related products and a well-organized and well-signed layout. It is worth a shopping trip if you live within a reasonable drive. The plants are very healthy in my experience, the prices are generally very good, and in spring the multi-packs of annual flower and vegetable seedlings are particularly inexpensive.
Positive lunchladyk
Durham, NC
December 7, 2013
This is my 2nd experience in dealing with this company and I would rate both of them a 5 STAR ***** rating.I didn't rate the first dealing as I could not figure how to do it out as I am not all that PC Savvy. So now I got help and I can do it. The shipping was lightning quick and pkging was the ultimate.His communication was not so good first time around but it was a fast in all nurseries it seemed so I can not fault him there but the size and qualty of plants are really qualifyingly excellent.I have told people onnline about him and the things he has and I keep checking on items I want from there.
Thanks Fred and KEEP UP THE GREAT/GOOD WORK
lunchladyk
Negative Floridabully
Cape Coral, FL
October 24, 2013
This seller sucks. I ordered a mint tree and in three days it was dead. I contacted the seller and he did not contact me back. I told him that I would Contact Paypal and he finally he contacted me and said send it back.I asked him for a shipping label and no contact again. I contacted paypal and they ruled in my favor.Don't buy from him!
Positive amhydro
Crescent City, CA
October 20, 2013
Ordered 4 different varieties of plants from Peppers Greenhouses
Great price, prompt shipment, and very healthy 4" potted plants.
Will definitely order from here again
Positive hypocondro
houston,
United States
August 15, 2013
The plant came when it was supposed to. There was slight damage to the packaging but the plant was okay. Its still alive, I put it in a pot the moment it came to my door. Its still alive, its been 6 wks.
//i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/bunny666_2006/Photoon2013-08-15at13592.jpg

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]