Williams, Oregon 97544 (United States)
(541) 846-7269

posted on May 1, 2013

Reviews:

Displaying the 50 most recent reviews

On May 13, 2021, tpeterson (10 reviews) from Lakeville, MA

I ordered 5 leucothoe and they came nicely packed and were beautiful plants - I am very pleased!

On Apr 18, 2021, Jadwin59 (15 reviews) from Rochester, NY (Zone 6a)

I ordered three Daphne plants from Forestfarm because Daphne is so hard to find in my area. The plants arrived right on time - and beautifully shipped in a carton that kept them safe. Large, well-rooted plants ready to go into the ground. I have ordered from them before with the same results. The price was reasonable as well. Simply spectacular!

On Nov 11, 2020, mdtomo (1 reviews) from Liberty, MO

I just ordered a magnolia from Forestfarm yesterday and today I was contacted by Michael in an email with accompanying photos to ask which form (more tree-like or shrubbier) of the magnolia I preferred. Especially during these trying times I really appreciate the fact that Forestfarm goes the extra mile to make sure customers are happy with their purchases. Forestfarm is a ray of sunshine and I will continue to patronize them!

On Jul 10, 2020, DawnForsythe (2 reviews) from Chelsea, MI

I moved into my new home in December, and I am spending my first year in establishing the landscape's "bones." Thank goodness for Forestfarm! They had several of my must-have shrubs and trees, and they all arrived healthy and strong. There was one case where I ordered the largest size of yellowwood, which evidently sold out, and the company rep called me to ask if I wanted the smaller tree instead. I sure appreciate the personal attention!

On Jun 13, 2020, esteve59 (39 reviews) from Annapolis, MD

I purchased 3 Japanese maples in Tube size. Tubes are 2" x 2" wide and 6" deep for $29 ea. They are all very healthy, and surprisingly big. they appear to be 2-3 year trees with very healthy root systems. It has been a while since I have ordered from Forest Farm and I am delightfully impressed. Shipping is very reasonable also.

On May 31, 2020, Cyanne (5 reviews) from Ellicott City, MD

After a bad experience elsewhere, I ordered a small (2-3') red mulberry. That's a plus, as they're rather more difficult to find than the (invasive) white mulberry. The plant was carefully packaged and came with detailed instructions. It's been in the ground for about a month now and has leafed out beautifully. None of the lower limb buds had been stripped, which is what I needed - it's intended as a climbing tree, plus I need to be able to reach at least some of the fruit. If it survives a couple of winters it should grow into a nice fruit tree.

On May 26, 2020, mylittletrees (20 reviews) from Corning, OH

Posted on May 2, 2015, updated May 27, 2020 I think they are slipping. Last spring I ordered 5 trees from them. This was only my second order with the organization. The plants were shipped perfectly but looked somewhat spindly; this was especially true for the ilex that I had received. All the trees were babied, but they barely grew. Four of the five trees ended up dying through the winter. So I contact them, and they are very helpful and willing to replace my trees. So on 4-30-15 I received the replacement order. Once again everything arrived perfectly, but upon inspection of the ilex, I find that they are infested with scale. They have yellowing leaves and stems. The only dark green leaves are at the very top of the plants. Everybody knows scales suck the life out of plants. I don't know call me picky, but I think it looks bad to send out weakened plants with bugs. Are they just tired of working with me, or do they even care anymore? And to think these weak and spindly ilex trees cost $24.95 a piece. I'll be lucky if they live. Someone else on here with negative experience mentioned that FF grows their merchandise in a lot of shade. Considering how spindly and leggy their plants are, I tend to agree.

On May 26th, 2020, mylittletrees added the following: I've placed many orders with Forestfarm over the years for their tube size trees. To this day when I survey the yard there is only 2 items somewhat thriving that came from Forestfarm. Everything else has died. Considering the fact that I babied those plants almost daily, I don't think that is a very good outcome. Nobody at Forestfarm ever sent me photos of my plants prior to shipping them out. If they had, I probably would have stopped the order. Always seemed like I got weak and pot bound plants. Still disappointed in 2020.

On May 18, 2020, nlhannamd (4 reviews)

I've been ordering from ForestFarm for many years and sadly I'm just getting around to adding my review. I've been very happy with the quality, packaging and communication.

On Sep 23, 2019, Rise22 (7 reviews) from Roseburg, OR

We stopped by on our way home from the south, after pre-ordering my plants. This is such a beautiful place to visit - gorgeous!! The plants were ready (as usual) and well-packed. They got planted a few days later, after getting used to their new home. The fall-blooming anemones are just lovely; and so are the echinacea. They seem very happy in their new surroundings. I try to go every year, just for the lovely drive.

On Jul 24, 2019, fredmcain (2 reviews) from Topeka, IN

I wanted to find some Jeffrey Pines to plant in Indiana. I looked everywhere but could not find any. But Forestfarm had them so I bought 4. Before they were shipped I was sent a picture of the trees in plastic pots. Based on the picture they looked good and appeared to be small seedlings. But when they arrived, I was surprised to see that they were actually more like 3-4 FEET tall! I put them in the ground in the early spring of 2019 and over the summer they look like they're doing pretty well. Since virtually no one around here has attempted to raise Jeffrey Pine, I don't know what this winter will bring. However, I have read that they can survive harsh conditions so they might prove to be O.K. Forestfarm provided me with good service. FIVE STARS! Regards, Fred M. Cain, Topeka, IN

On Jul 11, 2019, nickinny (1 reviews) from Fulton, NY

Ordered a Trachycarpus wagnerianus a couple of years ago on the website because I could not find the plant anywhere else. I was sent a small strapling in the mail and because of its age there was no way to really confirm whether it was the dwarfed stiff-leaved Trachycarpus wagnerianus or the more droopy larger leaved Trachycarpus fortunei. The difference is rather distinct. Now that the plant is starting to trunk and the leaves are in their mature form I can see that it is definitely a fortunei, which is a bummer because the only reason I purchased from a retailer all the way in Oregon is because it was the only retailer I could find of the species. Unfortunately, this really was not an issue I could contact them with upon the arrival of the order because there was really no way to tell what the mature palm looked like. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but I expect to receive the correct plant when I order from a company.

On May 27, 2019, Toronado3800 (3 reviews) from Saint Louis, MO

For a decade I've been ordering plants from Forestfarm. They aren't the cheapest but have always shipped me live plants ridiculously well packaged. My Metasequoia Ogon from them is one of my favorites.

On Mar 8, 2019, SanJoseFool (20 reviews) from Canton, GA (Zone 7b)

I'll give them an overall positive but was disappointed in the size of the plants I received. I ordered 6 perennial shrubs "tube size". The plants were packed well and shipped with tracking at the date I requested. I was surprised to see six plants in a tiny box. The "tube" is more like a tiny tomato start at a box store. I was under the impression it would be a narrow deeper rooted tube. This is a definition of tube: a long, hollow cylinder of metal, plastic, glass, etc. for holding or transporting something. With the pot aka "tube" being only 4 inch deep it will be more susceptible to drying out than a deeper tube or sleeve. Some of these plants will be on drip irrigation but some are native plants which will just have mulch and spring rains to get them going. I hope it's enough. I clicked around a found a place on the website describing the exact size wish I would have searched before I ordered. Although I don't regret ordering they had a few plants I could not find elsewhere. I think this nursery is a good choice for exactly that, a plant you can't find anywhere else. Otherwise there is better value for your money from other reputable nurseries.

On May 23, 2018, treeguy_NY (19 reviews) from Clarence, NY (Zone 6a)

Posted on April 25, 2008, updated May 23, 2018 I've ordered from this company in the past as well as this spring. I purchased 4, 1 gallon and 8 tube size plants this spring. All but one arrived in excellent condition, ready to bud out. One plant had already budded out before or during shipping and was quite frazzled looking. It had some green leaves left at its base and has since re-foliated itself. On a couple occasions I have called to ask questions about plant information (grafted vs. seed grown, availability, provenance, etc) Every time I called, a very polite individual answered the phone and provided answers to all my questions. Overall, I am quite pleased with the selection and size of the plants they offer. I would highly recommend this company.

On May 23rd, 2018, treeguy_NY added the following: Another great order from Forestfarm! I ordered a dove tree, a purple leaf beech, a dogwood, and a spruce. The spruce came loose during shipping and snapped the scion off the rootstock of the grafted purple leaf beech. I contacted the company via their website, but received no reply. I called a week later and spoke with someone at the nursery. They replaced the purple leaf beech free of charge and had it shipped to me the next week. It has now doubled in height with new growth so far this spring! Great customer service and good quality plants.

On May 8, 2018, SantaCruzGarden (1 reviews) from Santa Cruz, CA

Posted on May 3, 2018, updated May 8, 2018 On Jan 23, 2018, I ordered a prunus serrula from Forestfarm. The tree arrived on Jan 29th.I was home to receive the package, so I opened it immediately, watered it and repotted it in a gallon container. It never broke dormancy. I could attribute it to something I did, but I had ordered a second prunus serrula from Dancing Oaks Nursery & Gardens that arrived on Feb 7th, 2018, and it leafed out just fine. The worst part about this is I contacted Forestfarm twice on their website's contact form about this problem: first on April 21, 2018, and then after not hearing from them (although I received an email from them on April 21st acknowledging my "ticket") & again on May 1st (I also received an email about my "ticket"). Granted, it is only 2 days since my last "ticket", but I am pretty annoyed. Customer service is important-I will never order from Forestfarms again.

On May 8th, 2018, SantaCruzGarden changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: The day after I posted my negative review on the Garden Watchdog site, Forestfarm emailed to let me know that they would give me a refund. I had a feeling that they keep an eye out for negative Garden Watchdog reviews. I have ordered plants from Forestfarm in the past and have not had problems with the plants--they are a good online nursery & have some unusual plants. Would I order from them again? If there is something I can't find anywhere else, I probably will.

On May 6, 2018, donnamack (66 reviews) from Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)

Posted on May 11, 2015, updated May 6, 2018 Posted on June 9, 2012, updated May 11, 2015 Posted on April 23, 2012, updated June 9, 2012 Posted on April 1, 2000, updated April 23, 2012 I received my first order from Forest Farm last month and am very impressed. I ordered from them because they were the only source I could find, after searching the web, catalogs and local nurseries, of several plants. The packaging was unbelievable. I almost had to WRESTLE the plants out of their boxes! It took half an hour, because the plants are containerized, the tops covered with shredded newspaper, the container placed in a plastic bag and tied, and the whole thing essentially doubleboxed. My three viburnums, in five gallon containers, were all over 3 feet tall (one 4!) and they were in bloom in the box. Despite the surface trip (a good five days) they were not dry. Nor were they rootbound. They are gorgeous specimens. They were $26 each, for a total of $78, and shipping was high ($87 for the three, or more than the plants), but I would do it again.The Cotinus 'Grace' came in a box that had been crushed. The UPS representative suggested I open it immediately so I could assess the damage and refuse delivery. When I opened the box her jaw dropped at the sight of a perfect, fresh shrub. Again, the awesome packaging. I paid $12 for a one gallon container and $8 for shipping, and it is three times the size of the 'Grace' I got two days earlier from another supplier. It had three branches, rather than one, it was twice as tall, and now, in June, it is growing a fourth, while the other plant, for which I paid more, has not changed at all since its planting.I plan to order from them again.

On April 23rd, 2012, DonnaMack added the following: I am writing to record the excellent experience I had with Forest Farm (again). I have ordered mostly superb shrubs from them over the years, anything from a five gallon cotinus Grace to tube President Lincoln lilacs, and I have been uniformly happy. This year, because I was moving, I wanted a lot of perennials. The company from which I had previously ordered experienced a significant down grade in product with a sharp increase in price. Since their inferior plants were much more expensive, I decided to turn to Forest Farm. I am very happy that I did. I ordered two ferns, a tube of Athyrium Branford Beauty and a gallon Athyrium Branford Rambler, 2 of the gallon sized miscanthus sinensis Adagio, 2 tubes of digitalis grandiflora, 2 tubes of Campanula trachelium Bernice, and 2 tubes each of anemone x hybrida Honorine Jobert and Anemone Wirbelwind. Firstly, I should add that I ordered more than I planned because every time I went to my cart it was pointed out to be that they shipped certain sized boxes, and I could add plants to my order without increasing the shipping. This is an incredibly useful and user friendly tool, because you can add plants and see what the cost is over and over again. So I did add more. Better yet, the gallon size of Branford Rambler was not available, so they sent a tube of that and gave me two one gallon containers of digitalis foxglove when I had ordered two tubes of the foxglove! I was delighted. Every plant is perfect – the tubes look like little jewels. And they have found a method of packaging that is easier to get into, while not jeopardizing the safety of the plants. The delivery company delivered one box upside down and not a dot of soil escaped. The increases in everyone else’s prices (and Forest Farm’s prices have always been at the low end, considering the extraordinary quality of their plants), have made me change my practices this year. I used to go to garden centers and order plants from others. With the sharp increase in gas prices, as well as plant prices, they will now be my go-to for perennials.
On June 9th, 2012, DonnaMack added the following: Seeking to address a privacy problem (a neighbor chopped down three large shrubs on their side of their fence so they could "see me better", I decided to order three deutzia Codsall Pink and to get them from Forest Farm. I ordered three that were supposed to be 2-3 feet tall. One for that location, and two more for another location. I also took the opportunity to order gallica rose Charles deMille, since shipping 4 gallons costs the same as three. The largest deutzia was over five feet tall! And covered with buds. The other two were approximately four feet tall - all in perfect condition, potted perfectly, and $10 each. I have seen these plants advertised for $32.95 each. The Charles de Milles rose was in bloom, at about two feet tall. It was priced at $15. The order was to be shipped to arrive Monday, June 11, but instead came Friday, June 8. Perfect! The shipping was $42, the plant order $45. But I defy anyone to get a one five foot deutzia, three four foot ones, and a containerized rose for $87.00. This is my second order this season, and between the mind blowing quality, size of the plants, and lighter, but expert shipping, they are now my go to for shrubs, which I had ordered in the pat, as well as perennial. As the prices of plants from other sources goes up, but the quality goes down, Forest Farm is now the first place I look for anything.
On May 11th, 2015, DonnaMack added the following: I just received another exceptional order from Forest Farm. Three panicum 'Cloud Nine' gallons, 2 thalictrum 'Black Stockings' tubes and, a last minute order of 2 tubes of Athyrium nipponicum 'Ursulas Red' after another company from which I ordered it ran out of supply. Not only did they add to an order placed by phone, but I requested that a particular shipping window be avoided, and my request was honored. Best of all, they pointed out to me that by adding "Ursula', I filled my box, and would have no additional shipping costs on my order. Forest Farm plants were an important part of my landscaping at my former home and are an integral part of my new one.
On May 6th, 2018, DonnaMack added the following: In the last five years I have begun gardening for other people, and they often ask me to acquire plants from them. Many are routine but I have learned that if something is a little unusual, or you want a larger size, Forest Farm is there for you. I ordered a large hardy fig for a client, and when it arrived it was expertly packed. It was tall, so it was staked. Wonderful plant. But I also could not help getting a little something for myself. I had been seeking a particular hydrangea serrata which i had originally received as a donor gift from Rauklston Arboretum. I lost it after many years and could not find it. It is so uncommon that a particular website was seeking a photo of it, which I happily provided. Then, lo and behold, Forest Farm has it, so I added it to my order. Best of all, I added the extra plant to my order at the last minute, and Michael was extremely pleasant about doing so, and gave me a breakdown of the separate costs. They are truly in the top tier.

On Nov 1, 2017, Cetraria (2 reviews) from Washougal, WA

Ordered 3 plants - A trailing blackberry, and two native berry bushes. Prices are reasonable and shipping was blisteringly fast. The plants all look gorgeous and were packaged quite securely. Plus, they put in an extra of one of the things I ordered. I'm quite pleased and will definitely order from them again!

On Jun 1, 2017, chancremechanic (13 reviews) from Wartrace, TN (Zone 7a)

Posted on March 3, 2016, updated June 1, 2017 I have purchased trees and such from Forestfarm for the last ten years or so. This time, I purchased 3 Japanese Black Pines, 2 Mock Orange shrubs, and 1 Flying Dragon contorted orange tree. All trees were packaged superbly. All trees arrived healthy. I would recommend to all gardeners Forestfarm. Reasonable prices for healthy plants.

On June 1st, 2017, chancremechanic added the following: I just received my one gallon English Oak tree from Forestfarm. It was received as expected: Tree was very healthy; tree was packaged tightly; I have always received healthy plants from Forestfarm.

On May 10, 2017, glendower (3 reviews) from West Park, NY

I have had an excellent experience with ForestFarm, both online and on the phone. Their customer service is friendly and efficient. The trees I ordered were well-packed and had large root balls. More roots, healthier plant. They were also beautiful small trees, not the long sticks you get from some places. I've already placed a second order with them, and I'm sure more will be on the way.

On Apr 28, 2017, LIRose (6 reviews) from Peconic, NY

I placed an order for 3 plants from ForestFarm this spring based on the positive reviews here and the "Top 30" rating. However, this order has turned out to be one of the most frustrating mail-order experiences of my long gardening life. First, I received no email confirmation of my order. Then, I received no shipping notification. I had to place calls and fill out their website contact form to inquire multiple times as to whether they received my order and again whether and when they would be shipping my order (the response was: it shipped a week ago!). Emails to their [email protected] address bounced! When the plants finally arrived, I was disheartened to see the tiny band pots they use (much smaller than your typical band pot both in width and length). The tree seedling I ordered was so rootbound that I had to cut the pot to get it out. One small lilac plant is healthy and looks good, but the rose plant is a joke on me and an embarrassment to them. It arrived dry as a rock with its foliage shriveled, and my communication to the company on this got me a no-response. I give up...working with this vendor is too much hard work and an exercise in disappointment. ForestFarm has earned its well-deserved spot on my "never again" list.

On Apr 8, 2017, officerbill (3 reviews) from VESTAL, NY

Back in late June of 2016 I ordered 4 Branford Rambler and 2 Ostrich ferns from Forest Farm. A few days later I was they called and said they did not want to ship the ferns from Oregon to NY because of an extended heat wave and concern over whether or not the ferns would survive the journey. I agreed, told them not to ship and promptly forgot all about the order. On March 23, 2017 I got an email from UPS with the delivery date of my Forest Farm order. The plants arrived well packed and in good condition. Three of the four Ramblers have small fronds and the roots of the Ostrich ferns are large and healthy. I've potted them until the weather turns warm enough to plant and I'll update after they've had a chance to settle in.

On Oct 25, 2016, Gravypants (2 reviews) from East Rochester, NY

Impressive! I Have never seen so much care put into packaging plants. I ordered 5 holly bushes in the spring and they are all doing very well after 6 months. A+

On Oct 11, 2016, againes_5 (4 reviews) from (Zone 8a)

Posted on April 19, 2013, updated October 11, 2016 Ordered one himalayan spruce (Picae Smithiana) and one monkey puzzle tree (Auracaria Auracana). I was pleasantly suprised to see that both were much larger than I expected. Both trees are doing well in their respective environments. The himalayan spruce was planted too deeply in its pot and, thus, I had to remove some soil and advantageous roots to get down to the root flare. I don't criticize the company for this, though, as this is a common practice throughout the industry and it is up to the consumer to correct the issue prior to planting in the ground. Would definitely order from this company again. Thanks!

On October 11th, 2016, againes_5 added the following: Just ordered a new tube size pond cypress from Forestfarm. The tree arrived dying and eventually died. I emailed twice, received a support ticket after the first email but after waiting 10 days I'd heard nothing. I picked up the phone and called them directly. Long story short, I am being sent a nrw pond cypress. In my view they are still a quality nursery and I will continue to purchase from them. I should also add that the China fir tree I ordered as a gift for my Dad is doing wonderful and had no issues with that order. Forestfarm does, however, need to remove their email address from the website as apparently no one checks or responds to it which is frustrating. If you have an issue with an order, just call them and they are quick to help you out. I also think their website user login is broken as the system does not recognize my user/pw and when I try to reset, I never get a confirmation email. One can still check out as a guest and the login section should be removed from the website.

On Aug 18, 2016, ybpearson (2 reviews) from Washington, DC

Upon delivery of the plants (March), I contacted Forest Farms to submit a claim that the flowers did not meet the description as ordered, and thus I requested full reimbursement. After several attempts to contact them, I received an automated message that my ticket was closed. I immediately responded that my ticket should remain open because it had not been serviced. I made several more attempts to contact the company without a response. Eventually, I realized that my email account had been block. My only recourse was to dispute the charge with my credit card company, because the merchant did not fulfill their terms of refunds for defective plants, and it deliberately conspired to block correspondence. I was issued a full refund by my CC company. I will never order from them again.

On Jul 19, 2016, woof12 (17 reviews) from Philadelphia, PA

Posted on May 3, 2006, updated July 19, 2016 I've gotten plants from them a few times before because I couldn't find it anywhere else but it would've been easier if only they had a toll free number to call. Also, trying to figure out how much things cost with shipping & handling is way more involved than with other mail order companies. Nice plants and prices but I wish it was easier to order from them.

On July 19th, 2016, woof12 added the following: I miss their catalog that they used to send out. The new little whatever thing they mail out now just isn't the same.

On May 22, 2016, aechacko (3 reviews) from Montville, NJ

I ordered four plants from Forest Farm. Kwanzan cherry tree, Cornelian cherry, Crimson cloud hawthorn and Oregon grape. I couldn't find Cornelian cherry and Crimson cloud hawthorn at my local nurseries. I called a few places within 50 miles and they had them, but were too expensive ($288.00 after a 15% discount). So I decided to try online nurseries and decided on Forest Farm after seeing good reviews on Dave's Garden. I called and spoke to Michelle who was very helpful and knowledgeable. I ordered through their website which was really good and easy to navigate. My plants arrived through UPS ground in excellent condition. I was really nervous about the state of the plants shipped from West coast to East, but they had been very well packed and arrived looking healthy. No broken branches or wilting. I spent $172.00 on four plants including shipping. Very impressed and would highly recommend this nursery.

On May 16, 2016, Rpeazalea (5 reviews) from Potomac, MD

I ordered four frees in February for Spring delivery. In early May I notified forest farm I would be out of town, so not to send plants. After a week I told them I was back. Then I realized no one was responding to customer service emails, and auto reply to one of them was to forum that didn't work. It boils down to trees being absent and no communications from forest farm.

On Feb 17, 2016, GoatLockerGuns (2 reviews) from San Antonio, TX

I am a big fan of Forestfarm. They provide quality products at reasonable rates and their customer service is top notch. I have ordered many trees from them since 2013, and I am always impressed with the quality and vibrancy of the trees I receive. Their packaging and shipping procedures have always exceeded my expectations as well.

On Dec 15, 2015, rdtjr05 (30 reviews) from Franklin, TN

Posted on May 27, 2015, updated December 15, 2015 I'm very happy with the order I received this spring. The Stewartia rostrata is thriving, having bloomed already and putting on more than a foot of growth. The Japanese Umbrella pine is also doing well. While not inexpensive, it was good value for the size and for a plant that is difficult to find online beyond a small cutting. I am also happy with the quality of the Cornus 'Compressa' and the Neviusia, a native SE plant not easily located. I would definitely order from them again.

On December 15th, 2015, rdtjr05 added the following: Followed up with a fall order of a pink flowered Halesia and a gold leaved wafer ash. I had a concern with the Halesia and contacted them. Within a day the actual person who picked the tree for me called me and we had an informative conversation which laid my concern to rest. Excellent customer service.

On May 29, 2015, Canarykeeper (12 reviews) from Menlo, IA

Posted on May 15, 2015, updated May 29, 2015 I contacted this company concerning the lemon lace vine. They list it as zone 5. However, my vine died, even though I am zone 5. Their response? They only guarantee the plant to be alive when it gets to you. They are not responsible for posting false information, didn't you know. They also blamed a harsh winter for the fatality, and my poor gardening skills. I buried my little vine in 12" of mulch, and used burlap. My winter only got down to -13 F. I am convinced that this vine is a zone 6. After doing a Google search, I found other nurseries stating that it was only reliable in zone 6. Anyway, tough luck for me. I would try a more trustworthy seller in the future.

On May 29th, 2015, Canarykeeper changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following: The company sent me a new lemon lace vine, free of charge. Because they went above and beyond to make me happy, they deserve a positive rating.

On May 18, 2015, lucuba (1 reviews)

I have ordered 12 Thujas Green Giant from them to be shipped to Canada. I have build a new house and urgently need fast-growing evergreens for a privacy. There are no Green Giant thujas in Canada for sale, for some reason. They prepared the international Phyto certificate for me. My plants arrived in an excellent conditions, wrapped with care. I hope the plants will adapt and will grow well. Just want to tell them thanks for being able to handle long international shipment with custom clearance and still keep my small trees fresh during the way home :)) Thank you Michele and thank others who participated! :))

On May 13, 2015, StaticCling (15 reviews) from Meadville, PA

Merely okay. Everything lived, but some were single-leaf wonders, very tiny. The shipping was quite leisurely, as well, taking seven days' time.

On May 11, 2015, Fishman1 (16 reviews) from Selden, NY

Posted on May 2, 2015, updated May 11, 2015 Bought a Cedrus Deodara Snow Sprite from FF several years ago. The plant barely stays alive from year to year and has shown no growth in about 4 years. I do not have the heart to pull it and throw it out, but the plant is apparently stunted due to poor grafting procedures. I could not recommend FF to anyone looking for high quality conifers, as with the same order I received the above plant, I also was sent a Abies Koriensis that died within 1 week.

On May 11th, 2015, Fishman1 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following: Forest Farm researched my purchase, and found it to be over 9 years old. They fully refunded my money after that long. That is unheard of in todays world. I am changing my rating to reflect the truly honorable way in witch this company conducts business. No person should have reservations about placing an order.

On May 8, 2015, bherder (3 reviews) from Forest Grove, OR

I ordered a eucalyptus, honeyberry, goji, and kiwi. The plants were huge and packed well! I couldn't be happier!

On Apr 30, 2015, saradus (20 reviews) from Maple Park, IL

I ordered from Forest Farm for the first time this spring, was looking for narrow Alaska cedar. My two trees arrived and were healthy and well packaged. I will definitely purchase plants from Forest Farm again, there is such a large selection and variety of plants.

On Apr 27, 2015, MaxWest (3 reviews) from Terrebonne, OR

A+ I only wish I had learned about this company sooner. I was a little skeptical when I first found them because I had never heard of them, but since they were in Oregon here not far from me I thought I would take a chance. I've never seen such great specimens, packed so well. They always send such great stuff and totally stand behind their product. This is absolutely the best company across the board. I've ordered a half dozen or so things from them so far and all were shipped with such amazing care and all were perfect specimens. This company is very impressive.

On Apr 20, 2015, bobbi_s (21 reviews) from Richland, WA (Zone 7a)

I placed an order almost two weeks ago, and received the order Friday evening. I am really amazed at the plants as this is a mail order! :) I am extremally happy with the plants, and the packaging. They went above and beyond, and part of the packaging was newspaper. They took extreme care, and the plants are doing well. I ordered: Brunnera macrophylla Silver Heart Siberian Bugloss, Symphoricarpos chenaultii Blade of Sun Dwarf Yellow-lf. Snowb, Bolax glabra Nana (Azorella), Trillium albidum Westrn Sweet Trillium, Lamium maculatum Purple Dragon Lamium, Dryopteris tokyoensis Tokyo Wood Fern, and Athyrium Ghost Ghost Fern. I am very pleased with my order, and would recommend them to anyone. Thanks!

On Apr 19, 2015, PatYates (3 reviews) from Ogden, UT

I've probably ordered 20 times or more from these guys and I highly recommend them of the dozens of trees and plants I've ordered and every plant except one has been in fantastic condition. The one slight exception was a larch that was rootbound and should have been potted up. No biggie. It's doing well now. They do an expert job in packing the trees too. There is no way they could get damaged in shipping. A+ 10 out of 10

On Mar 29, 2015, GreeneLady (9 reviews) from Oak Island, NC (Zone 8a)

I've ordered from Forestfarm for many years now, and I've never had a bad experience with them. I placed another order earlier this year for 3 blue blossom Ceanothus. The plants arrived quickly, were very well packed, and looked great. They've only been in the ground for 2 weeks, but there is already new growth budding out on the tips. Thank you, Forestfarm!

On Mar 9, 2015, Leslieandkeith (8 reviews) from Charlotte, NC

No other way to say it-FORESTFARM ROCKS!!! We visited there in person when we went to Oregon last year and we stuffed two carry-on suitcases with plants to take back home with us! Super amazing selection, super courteous and knowledgeable staff, great shipping quality, and very efficient in rectifying any issues that come up. We have ordered from them many times and we had just one plant-a Serviceberry--that didn't make it. Contacted them and received a credit with no problem! Love them sooo much :)

On Feb 26, 2015, kpercy (2 reviews) from Oakland, CA

First order from this company; they called me immediately for a plant that wasn't ready to ship yet; I asked them to send it when it became available but send the rest of the order now, and they agreed to do this without an extra shipping charge. The plants when they arrived were packaged with EXTREME care; the dichondra, just barely out of dormancy, picked its head up and looked around within hours. Their prices might be a little on the "quality" side, but that's ok with me, especially because they support local community organizations. Their catalog seems very strong in trees and shrubs, and the plants they had that I'm familiar with came in many varieties I've not heard of.

On Feb 9, 2015, LanfrancoLeo (9 reviews) from Harrisburg, PA

Vewry very happy about this company: last year (april 2014) I ordered the following plants: 1)Clematis terniflora 2)Vitex agnus-castus 3)Ostrich Fern 4)Ceanothus delilianus Gloire de Versailes 5)Sambucus nigra Black Lace 6)Crape Myrtle Pink Velour All of them grew very, very well I had zero loss , not only but with exception of Clematis ternifolia (that grew very well as well) and of course ostrich fern, all the plant bloom the same year that I receive...that is really nice considering that I ordered tube size plant (except for the black elderberry). The Black elderberry really astonish me : it passed from be a 1-2 foot plant to 7 foot plant in a growing season!!! I will definitively order some more plants this year!!

On Feb 5, 2015, AppleBonsai (2 reviews) from Elk Grove, CA

I ordered 5 plants from ForestFarm. The plants arrived in two days here in No. Cal. I was very pleased with the packing, plant size and health. I started to unpack the box from the top, but then noticed the super-handy pull tag at the bottom of the box. This made unpacking very easy. From beginning to end, I am so very happy with the experience I had. And I will certainly look to order from them again in the near future- especially since they have so many varieties of plants you simply cannot get anywhere else. I want to extend my thanks to the ForestFarm team and share it with others in the community!!

On Jan 14, 2015, tom_pixel (6 reviews) from Asheville, NC

I ordered two trees from Forest Farm , Korean Mtn Ash and a Tall Winter King Hawthorn . They arrived today in a very lge,tall box Packed Very well !! Shipping was a bit high but UPS chges extra for such a large box the folks there , were Very accomadating with a fone call and couple of e mails . Even though a long journey from Oregon, they arrived just as if they were dug yesterday ..the only ones I could find on the east coast were VERY high in price which I thought was way unreasonable compared to Forest Farm . I would order again from them . ................te

On Nov 6, 2014, FarmerBillToo (1 reviews) from Bangor, PA

Posted on November 5, 2014, updated November 6, 2014 I have just come across Dave's Garden and I thought the following experience with FF would be worth sharing. In March of this year I ordered 4 plants, 2 of which arrived wilted and one of which was completely misshapen (should have been cultivated staked). The wilting issue was clearly due to having spent a lot of time on a UPS truck, this after spending a fortune on shipping. The following 2 emails to a person with whom I had coordinated the order, were never answered. Clearly I would never order again from them except as a last resort. My emails: Hi (name) ... I'm late writing about this but the 2 pseudolarix I ordered from you in March arrived partially wilted; one is still alive although not great looking, and the other died three or four weeks ago. The other 2 plants are healthy. I planted them all the day they arrived in an appropriate soil and location. It irritates me that it took 8 days for them to cross the country; in contrast an order of similar size and shipping cost from Dancing Oaks was sent 2-day shipping and arrived without incident. Is it possible for you to replace one of these plants? Thank you....Bill To (name): I just looked at my invoice again - your shipping was actually $18 higher.

On November 6th, 2014, FarmerBillToo changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: FF has refunded the monies associated with the wilted plants.

On Sep 27, 2014, treebird101 (13 reviews) from Bedford, IA

Well I ordered 2 trees this spring. I understand this company has a lot to offer and the trees are true to type. I am leaving only neutral feedback because the shipping has got to be the most outrageous of anywhere I've ever ordered trees from. I find that if you absolutely cannot live with out a tree variety Forrest Farm will more than likely have it but you will get butchered on shipping costs. My intent is not to discredit a legit company but to let consumers know that based on my opinion Forrest Farm shipping is too high. I understand the company may offer some excuse or rebuttal based on packaging and buy more save more and so on but even with their rates it is still very high. Most consumers enjoy what Forrest Farm has to offer as do I But I'm sure those who left positive comments would agree they paid a lot to have their plants and trees shipped to them. Lower shipping costs or offer a "buy so much and shipping is free" and this would truly be a five star company.

On Aug 5, 2014, Hamburglar (3 reviews) from Solon, OH (Zone 5b)

Have ordered a bunch of trees over the last the last three years from Forestfarm and other mail-order nurseries as I've re-plant my cleared yard. Forestfarm really stands out for their selection. They carry a ton of varieties and they support a lot of newer cultivars that are hard to find. So it's a good place to order from en masse. Their customer service is also good. I have had two plants not make it due to the crazy winter last year and FF did not hesitate to replace them. I have had a few plants arrive not looking so hot, but have learned not to fret over that. Received 5' tall baldcypress and swamp white oak plants last year that looked like twigs. However, second year, they absolutely popped. The oak could be the most vigorous growing tree I have ever planted. So looks can be deceiving when it comes to mail order plants and patience can pay off. The one thing that eastern customers need to consider is the transit time, though. It takes a good 3 days for UPS Ground just to get off the west coast and start moving eastward. In Cleveland, I've experienced transit times in the 7-8 day range. So if you are ordering small plants or plants that are somewhat fragile, you may want to buck up and do the air shipping.

On Jul 31, 2014, peonyshima (1 reviews) from Herndon, VA

Have been buying from them for many years, had more successful plants than from any nursery, including local ones. They have an amazing selection. Larger plants can have a very high shipping cost but is sometimes worth it. Plants are well packaged for shipping. They allow you to choose the arrival date and they are always spot on. They only ship during appropriate times of the year.

On Jul 5, 2014, ehearn58 (6 reviews) from Houston, TX

Posted on November 18, 2011, updated July 5, 2014 Absolutely wonderful experience! Had first ordered a pygmy Japanese Maple. Changed my mind on the first day and decided to order another since both would be Christmas gifts. Got an email from the owner that he would check the plants and if he had two that he would ship them. The next day there was a phone message about the plant--they had only one and they felt it was not the quality they would agree to ship so they suggested another pygmy maple. I researched it on the internet and it was prettier than the original plant that was ordered. I returned their call and agreed to accept the substitute maples. That was on Monday evening (I reside in Houston--FF is in Oregon). The plants arrived Friday afternoon. The packaging is the best I've seen and both maples are in excellent condition--full of colorful leaves, beautifully shaped, and expertly packed. I will remember them again for future orders.

On July 5th, 2014, ehearn58 added the following: Forest Farm has always delivered incredibly healthy plants. Recently placed an order to populate my formerly treeless lots. The Carolina Sapphire is absolutely beautiful...much bigger than expected...and the seedless Sweetgum is in fine condition. I am fully confident that when I order a plant from them it will be better than expected, arrive expertly packaged and in great shape. I will absolutely order from them again.

On Jun 14, 2014, missjenniferd1 (4 reviews) from Knoxville, TN

Posted on June 5, 2014, updated June 14, 2014 I feel that I got healthy plants. I would shop here again. You can get a good price on a specific plant that you are looking for, specific cultivar you are looking for. My only drawback is that these are baby plants. I had not ever purchased online plants before, and I suppose with the pricing and ordering direct, that I would be getting a plant similar to the size of what I would see in home depot or something, and that is not the case. I was very disappointed at first because of the size of the plants because I was not expecting it. However, once I tried to find locally what I was looking for, no one had what I wanted, not home depot/lowes/kmart, or even local nurseries, and so I actually went back and placed another order for some more plants. Just be prepared to wait a year to have what you would normally buy in the store. All in all, I think it's worth it. I wanted specific things and I didn't have to go from here to there and everywhere. I love shopping from the convenience of my home and having it sent directly to me. The plants are very healthy after all, it's just that I will have to "nurse" them for a year. I fully understand now why plant places are called nurseries (i never quite got that until now!). And I think that I will be very glad to have the plants I wanted, rather than to take some consolation plant instead, since locally did not have (nor could they order) what I wanted. I thought that was strange. But in that case, when I want a particular thing, I would not hesitate at all to order again from forest farm.

On June 14th, 2014, missjenniferd1 added the following: I received my 2nd order, and was happier with this order than I was with the first. I also must say, that after placing a 2nd order with lazy s's, that I far prefer forest farm's plants. the roots, the size, the health of the plants from forest farm's exceed lazy s's. I still placed a larger order with lazy s's because their prices on a few plants were cheaper. But if the price for each plant was the same or within $1, I would order from forest farm instead.

» Read the rest of the reviews