Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

The scoop on 'Nature Hills Nursery'

Nature Hills Nursery

3334 North 88th Plaza
Omaha, Nebraska 68134 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-864-7663
Fax: 1-866-550-9556

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive tylerla555
Dubuque, IA
September 18, 2019
My experience with Spring Hill was far different than many of the others I have read here. In the past year, I have ordered two separate trees from the Iseli Jack Frost Series of Hybrid Japanese Maples (Ice Dragon and North Wind). The Ice Dragon was Planted in April, and the North Wind last week (September). The Ice Dragon was little more than a whip, though it was the better part of 3.5 feet tall. The North Wind was also slightly taller than expected, though it had not filled out the gallon container it was. In fact, the soil was quite loose.

However, the Ice Dragon has grown far beyond my expectations. Note that I did not fertilize or treat the tree in any special way whatsoever. It has easily put on 18-24 inches of growth in a single season, and trunk has reached close to a 3/4 inch caliper at 6 inches.

The North Wind is still up in the air, but it transplanted very well. I see no reason to be concerned for the tree, considering it will experience a fantastic season of root growth and establishment prior to winter.

If you are ordering these trees, I would never hesitate to recommend Spring Hill. They are typically very hard to find, and the prices, when combined with their flat rate shipping and discounts, cannot be beat.
Negative katheeh
Spreckels, CA
August 7, 2019
THIS WAS MY ONLY EXPERIENCE WITH NATURE HILLS NURSERY VIA INTERNET.

QUICK TO TAKE YR MONEY...SLOW ON SERVICE....WILL USE THE CLIMATE FOR REASONS THEY CAN NOT SHIP...NO UPDATES...YOU CAN WAIT 40 PLUS DAYS.. WHEN YOU ASK FOR A REFUND... .THEY TAKE 10% OFF THE TOP. CLAIM THIS IS IN THE AGREEMENT...WHEN YOU PURCHASED. IF IT WAS...I DID NOT SEE IT!

SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE...DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NURSERY'S
Negative deh242
Livingston, NJ
August 7, 2019
They do not stand behind their product!!! I was sent a tree with a broken leader and they would not give me a full refund; instead they came up with some excuse why it is better for the leader to be broken. They want me to pay for return shipping and then charge me a 40% restocking fee! But nowhere on their pages do they say they do this to the tree. I have never had an issue with online plant nurseries standing behind their product before Nature Hills. Never again!
Negative kateyez0405
Morton, PA
June 20, 2019
Would NEVER use this company again. I ordered 2 items as a housewarming gift for my son. They arrived in April but by June both were dead. No signs of life at all. Waiting to do a "scratch test" is a joke. They were dead!! Items ordered were Korean Spice Viburnum and Jane Magnolia. Originally I was told over the phone I would just have to pay the FEDEX charge. When I send over pictures to prove the second item was dead as well as the first, I am now told that I would be charged half the price of items plus the fedex charge. I finally sucked it up and was going to get the replacements, but now am told they are not in stock, but by the way the one item that cost $50 they did have a larger size in stock for double that price!!! NEVER NEVER ORDER FROM THEM. I am out $135 from my original order, and just put an order in with another company. They could NEVER be the #1 on line nursery. They are the #1 rip off.
Negative moca138
Columbia, MO
June 12, 2019
I wish I'd looked up reviews for this company or read their guarantee policy before I ordered trees. To their credit, 6 of the trees we ordered and planted are doing great. But, the two ginko trees which came in fall dormant did not show any signs of life this spring, unlike all the others. I emailed the company and they had me do the scratch test and send photos, which I did. Then Barry sent me an email informing me of their ridiculous policy in which I will be buying another two trees at only half the cost of the originals! Yay! So I get to invest even more hard earned cash on the hopes that these trees are viable. I guess when they aren't any good, I get half off another set of bad trees? This company gives you no real recourse when the trees are duds. I will never purchase from them again nor would I ever recommend anyone do business with them. It's too bad for them, because I'm a local Real Estate broker and refer my clients to the companies that I use that work out well. So, they've lost my business and all my clients future business.
Negative jvzima
Mc Lean, VA
May 24, 2019
I have previously been pleased with products from Nature Hills, but found myself feeling cheated this spring, over a dead plant that was sent in March. Having preordered a "Professor Kippenburg Aster" in January of this year, I wrongly assumed it would be sent at a suitable time for planting in the spring. Instead, it was sent in 30 degree weather in March. I dutifully planted it in a pot despite the fact that it appeared shriveled and dead, and proceeded to watch it. One month later, as the weather warmed slightly, I saw no sign of life. I wrote to the company, sending pictures, and requested a replacement, as this small 2 inch plant was $35 (I was equally surprised at how small the plant was when it arrived-expecting something much larger). The customer service person I spoke to asked me to give the plant a few more weeks to perk up, and to send more pictures. 2 weeks later, I dutifully sent more pictures of the shriveled stem, and was told to wait another week. I again sent more pictures, at which time I was told there are no refunds, and the best they could offer was a 1/2 price plant if I also paid again for shipping.
I do not feel it is my responsibility to pay for a dead plant. I now feel terribly wronged, and while I have enjoyed the selection that this nursery has had in the past, I feel slighted and taken advantage of, and will not use them again. It is only fair that if they send shotty product, that it be replaced. This dead plant was never alive, and they should stand by their products.
Negative gweigel
Pittsburgh, PA (Zone 6a)
May 11, 2019
I also ordered a Scarlet Fire dogwood, and mine was dead on arrival. It never budded out at all. I'm a certified horticulturist and garden author who's successfully planted thousands of trees and shrubs, so the failure to thrive is not a case of user error. The weather also has been cooperative. I took a chance on this company despite the many negative reviews. That was a mistake. The company's guarantee of a half refund is a poor one as well... and telling of their confidence in their products. The only reason I went this route in the first place is that none of our local nurseries had Scarlet Fire dogwood available yet.
Positive calebstroh
Kaysville, UT
May 5, 2019
I ordered two (2) Scarlet Fire Dogwood from Nature Hills in February, online. I would have preferred that the plants get to my location in late March, even though its a bit early, as I like to get them in ground while fully dormant. I guess I'm just impatient. Regardless, they shipped them at what they felt the appropriate time (Mid April) and they were still mostly dormant, so no problems here.

These were potted 4-5 foot tall plants, packaged well. During shipment the soil had become lose; I washed it away, soaked the roots, and planted them immediately. They are doing well so far and starting to break bud.

Overall a positive experience. Healthy plants arrived in fair condition (you can't expect a POTTED plant to arrive without SOME soil disturbance...be realistic folks!) From here on out the plants life is up to ME...quit complaining if it dies AFTER YOU PLANT IT...that's your fault...not the nursery's. -CJ
Negative Mamma_Fortunata
Wilton, CT
April 24, 2019
I ordered 4 of the Daphne Marianni in January. They shipped in April.

I was supposed to receive #1 containers ranging from 2.26 to 3.73 dry quarts / 2.49 to 4.11 dry liters in volume. The containers were that big, but ALL 4 of the Daphne Marianni had shaken loose, in transit, revealing the fact that their root balls were tiny and not anywhere close to the size they should be. They were all obviously very recently transplanted from trays and still had the square shape from the smaller containers.

I emailed the company same day of receiving plants and sent photos. I requested a refund and return instructions. Charlotte emailed me that horticultural team to have a look and would be back in touch here very soon.

They never did, so I disputed charge with credit card company.

Besides having very little roots. I think these poor shrubs were left too long in the trays and now had a leggy "tree" appearance.

They were not dead, but that was about all I could say for them.
Negative ErinMcK32
Dayton, OH
April 15, 2019
This company sent me four dead redbud trees. I am a plant person, not a newbie who doesn't know when a dormant tree is dead or alive.

I followed the "protocol" with the first set of trees, then got screwed out of more money despite having purchased a warranty to replace the first set of trees. The second set came, and I was home to receive them off the shipping truck. They were dead upon arrival. They had no roots except for a few thicker, dead ones. I followed the "protocol" anyway, and planted them as instructed.

Two weeks later, I could snap dry, brown, hard wood off the top multiple inches of each "tree." There was no green, living wood anywhere.

First the company's story was that they don't cover "replacement plants," but then they said they wouldn't refund me or replace the plants because I didn't send a picture where I "scratched" the (second set) of dead plants?! I had spoken to Julie, a representative of the company, and she did not inform me I would need to do so.

I am not surprised the company has given me no satisfaction, as an online search reveals that the company operates by scam.

Bottom line: They have 189 of my dollars. I have the 4 dead trees from them.
Negative Dano1960
New Albany, IN
March 25, 2019
BUYER BEWARE---Ordered 2 "Autumn Blooming Cherry" trees in mid-September of 2018, was told at that time and then with subsequent calls into NHN (prior to end of 2018) that tress should be shipped when they went dormant (late October/November period) and would still be ok to plant when shipped/received. Well, fast forward 6+ months and still no trees!

Called NHN Customer Service, and while apologetic, I was told that it would be several more weeks before ANY trees would be begin shipping out and gave me no definitive time period other than that as to when I would possibly receive MINE. So, I asked for and got a refund but MINUS a "10% Cancellation Fee" for something I NEVER got!!! No trees and out nearly $20 and had to wait 7 months for NOTHING!!!

So, I could have gone to a local nursery back in September of 2018, planted the trees then and had 7+ months of root establishment by this time (late March 2019). Despite all the promises, and "alleged" positive reviews on their website, my experience makes me question the sincerity of those reviews and their ongoing promises of delivery. I will never use this company again, and will by local from here on out! Lesson learned!
Negative kenbrumfield
Houston, TX
March 5, 2019
I ordered a cherry tree. A month later when it had not arrived I called to cancel. They informed me there was a ten dollar fee. The did absolutely nothing and stole ten dollars!

Do not buy from these crooks!
Negative tom_pixel
Asheville, NC
October 16, 2018
Posted on June 11, 2018, updated October 16, 2018
Company owned ? but yet ship out of Florida ?
I ordered a sourwood back in May , dern thing came dry root , wrapped in pine needles !! Any one cud have looked at the tree and realized it was DEAD , All branches were brown , I scrapped off bark on trunk, brown , roots were even dead .........
I sent 2 e mails to Nature Hills , wanted me to send pict of dead bark which I did , never heard back from them , requesting money back .

Not hearing from them , I called today , requesting money back and would not ever order from them again .
I was told \" as a courtesy they would ship another one in the fall due to hot weather and WOULD NOT GIVE ME A REFUND . I told em done ordering from this place and would never again order from them . For 57 dollars , All I got was ONE DEAD TREE , poorly wrapped which came out of Florida , NOT NE.

Their Sales are FINAL poor PR. I am Final with them as well
...............te
On October 16th, 2018, tom_pixel added the following:

Well today , Barry from nature hills left me message to call back to verify my address , which I did . They will be sending me a refund check via mail. Tis only been since May when I placed an order and received a DEAD tree .
I asked if they wanted me to mail back the dead tree , as I have it on the deck still .

Nope , do what ever you want with the dead tree .
Negative TomB123
San Jose, CA
July 16, 2018
Blue Chinese Wisteria Tree

First of all after having bought this tree from Nature Hills Nursery on 2/5/17 for $69.95 including shipping. On April 24, 2018 the plant finally bloomed a pink color -- not BLUE. Not to mention that the plant is a vine and NOT A TREE.

I sent an email to voice my displeasure of the color and Nature Hill's excuse was that they propagated this 'Tree' from a seed so therefore could not guarantee the color. DURR, that is why fruit trees have to be grafted to guarantee that the fruit is the way you want it. So I wrote back to ask why was this plant not vegetatively propagated that way bloom color is guaranteed?
I'm not waiting for a response since their MO is deny deny deny.

In short there is no such thing as a wisteria tree and no such thing as a Blue Wisteria. Sham company, eventually someone will launch a class action lawsuit to sue them.
Negative Mintybud
Old Lyme, CT
July 10, 2018
I would give Nature Hills 120% for total aggravation. I ordered a redbud tree along with two other trees that arrived small and bareroot. The redbud arrived dead. I had to send proof that it was dead by photos of a scratch test that had to be approved by the nursery manager. I was then told a replacement would be shipped. Two weeks later a viburnum seedling showed up as a replacement not another redbud. I called and was told they have redbuds in stock but everyone was off for the July 4th week and that the nursery manager needs to give the ok to approve sending another redbud out. I followed up the beginning of the following week and was told that now there were no more redbuds. That I would get an in store credit. I WANT A REFUND. It has been almost a month since the first dead tree arrived. I will dispute the charge with my credit card company and we won't be ordering from them again EVER.
Negative bearsweet
Sanford, ME
June 13, 2018
I guess it was my fault for not reading reviews first. My experience has been the same as others. My bare root bushes arrived, one was a stick and already dead. The other died within hours of being planted. When I called, I was told that she had spoken with me on 1 May! Only I had not called on this before! So I'd like to know how she spoke with me. I realize I will not get my money back on this, and I really don't want "replacement" bushes. These people are terrible. I doubt they will attempt to contact me and work out a satisfactory solution! It would be nice to get a refund so I can purchase the same plants from someone who cares.
Negative BirdmanOKC
Oklahoma City, OK
June 5, 2018
I initially ordered a Pink Beauty Potentila and when I received it the plant was dead. I contacted Nature Hills Nursery and paid again for them to ship me a replacement. I received the replacement Pink Beauty Potentila on 05 Jun 2018 and when I opened the box I was shocked to see another dead plant. There where no leaves on the plant and the stems where brown and brittle. Now I am out the original cost for the Pink Beauty Potentila and the replacement cost. Be aware that this company will take your money and ship you dead plants.
Positive Karina55
West Chester, PA
May 8, 2018
I have purchased from Nature's Hill in the distant past and recently moved. I decided to read the reviews here because I wanted to purchase a couple of shrubs. I noticed many negative reviews which did not seem to describe the experience I remembered from before. So I decided to go with my personal memory of Nature's Hill and am very glad I did.

I have purchased three potted winterberry shrubs, 2 female and a male for pollination. They arrived when they supposed to , excellently packed and undamaged. I planted them in large pots according to the directions to the tee. I cut off an inch at the bottom of the root ball to stimulate new growth, I soaked the potted roots as per instructions. I did not pile soil over the base of the shrub.

They are beautiful, growing vigorously, and I am as pleased as punch about them. I will a picture if possible. Nope. Won't let me paste or attaché a pic. 😟

Positive swdolat
Natick, MA
April 15, 2018
I ordered 5 hydrangeas and 4 weigela's on a Sunday. They arrived on Wednesday in beautiful condition. Even had a bloom on one or two weigelas. Very happy with my experience thus far.
Negative MarlasGarden
Bluffton, SC
March 26, 2018
Just received two boxwood in #5 containers at $100 a piece. Boy do I feel taken advantage of. Plants are tiny and when talking to Barry at customer service all he would say is they will grow. No help. No restitution. Gave me his bosses voice mail but with their attitude I will be surprised if I ever hear from them.

As they say, fool me once it's on me, but they won't fool me twice. Run away from these guys.
Negative MNewell
Cutler, OH (Zone 5a)
July 14, 2017
Non viable stock, notified company upon receipt that tap root was damaged, and no auxiliary root structure. Was asked to be patient to allow tree to break dormancy, kept in touch with the company over 8 weeks, tree is officially a dead stick in the ground. The replacement policy is: I have to pay 50%of the replacement cost plus shipping to have the dead stock they sent replaced with non warranted new, probably dead stock. I will not spend another cent for anything from this company. This was a $60.00 plus shipping mistake for me and a HUGE mistake for them as I love to buy plants, but never again from them.
Negative Eric_D
Salt Lake City, UT
July 14, 2017
What an utter disappointment this shop is. We ordered a "bare root" American Sycamore with a fair bit of excitement. What arrived was such a sad specimen that we laughed and affectionately called it our "dead stick." It was about 5 feet tall and maybe 1/8" in diameter, bone dry with NO apparent living buds for limbs, and single spindle of "root" maybe four inches long protruding from the bottom.

But, I trusted them and followed their directions to a tee, planted, fed, and watered faithfully, and sat back self-consciously hoping it would grow as we cared for it. A few neighbors stopped by and shared chuckles with us at the care I was giving this pitiful thing. After a couple week, a neighbor who is a well-respected arborist and Landscape Architect who does a great deal of work for the city stopped by and gave it a good once over. He quickly assessed that it was not "dormant," but quite dead and likely had been for a very long time. They had, indeed, mailed us a dead stick.

That's bad enough, but to add insult to injury, their "warranty" requires us to pay for another tree (at half the original price in fairness) AND shipping. That's not a warranty, that's a racket! Needless to say we won't be doing that, and will instead be making every effort to let everyone know to be very wary of this company. They're not a quality business.
Neutral mcrosby57
Arlington, WA
July 13, 2017
Purchased Black Eyed Susans and Echinacea plants. These plants are perennial. I was hoping for plants that would be mature enough to bloom this year. Plants in May (prime planting time for Puget Sound, zone 8, area). All plants died to the ground immediately. About 4 of the 7 are now showing green leaves to start the season. It is the middle of July. I checked the soil ph, I have watered appropriately, the soil is well draining. The plants are planted in full sun, according to directions. I think the plants I have will survive but most likely will not bloom this year. This should have been noted in the instructions. I could have started these from seeds so much cheaper. I feel scammed. I should have read reviews here, first.
Negative RosieinAshland
Ashland, VA
July 12, 2017
I had a similar experience. I ordered a redbud tree. It came as a bare root, but when I put it in the ground, the little bit of dirt that came with it fell off and there were only a few hairs. Still, I put it in the ground, watered it regularly and after a month nothing happened. After 2 months nothing happened. So I called, and it turns out when you agree to buy something from them, the "guarantee" that you agree to says that you can buy another item to replace the bad one that they sent for 1/2 price plus shipping. I did not do that. They are just a bad company. There were two other items they sent me recently that were much less expensive, and those failed also, but they were so cheap, I decided to let them go. The tree was expensive, and I wanted my money back. The company does not send viable plants. When they send a bare root item like this red bud, the roots need to be much more robust. It looks like they put a twig in a rooting medium, and as soon as a few hairs develop, they send them to customers. Not a good practice. I would like you to send this to them. Maybe they would change their practices.
Neutral rochester12
Rochester, MN
June 22, 2017
I have purchased a number of trees/shrubs from Nature Hills Nursery and the reason I am rating them neutral that most of the plans were fine except for a couple (sassafras, tulip tree) and poor replacement policy. Tulip and sassafras (same problem next season) trees did not took off and died. Here is the standard response for replacement: "we offer a 1-year warranty as a courtesy to our customers. We require our customers to call and speak to a customer service representative when placing a replacement order. This ensures there will be no confusion and the request will be completed at that time. With our 1-year warranty you would be responsible for 1/2 of the current selling price plus shipping." I have bought tulip tree (about similar size) from Arbor Day Foundation for a fraction of the price and it is thriving; just got sassafras tree (again about similar size, but for a fraction of the price) from Growers Solution at Amazon and it looks gorgeous.
Negative KnottyPine
Goldendale, WA
June 20, 2017
Never order from this company! We ordered a Jane Magnolia tree and paid $49 plus shipping so almost $70 for this tree. It arrived as a bunch of twigs with what might be some buds. A month goes by, no change. We contact Nature Hills and was told it takes about 2 months. Another month, no change. I send pictures. The company says as a courtesy they will replace it with their 1-year warranty which requires me to pay pay HALF of the current price for the tree PLUS shipping which was over $20! Paying another $50 to replace the tree that arrived DEAD is not a warranty.
Negative kennethv
Ferrisburg, VT
May 24, 2017
we are professional gardeners.We ordered over $2000. of trees from these con artists.After placing the order we read the reviews and immediately contacted them to cancel.The customer service head -Allyson-called to assure me that the reviews were not accurate.I trusted her so placed the order.We ordered trees from Omaha but the trees came from Alabama.Half died and the rest look on their last legs.Nature Hills is a scam company.Buy anywhere else but do not get fooled by these crooks. When contacted several times they never returned emails,phone calls etc.Maybe Allyson is not even a real person?DO NOT GET FOOLED. they sell inferior products at a high price.They die.No guarantee.No responsabilty or response.
Negative tstein
Chicago, IL
May 19, 2017
I will never do business with this company again! They are sneaky! I purchased a tree from them based upon their website description which somehow failed to mention that it is illegal to plant the tree in several states. A day or so after the purchase, I discovered that it would be illegal for me to plant the tree at my residence. I called the company to request a refund and to complain about the company's failure to disclose this critical information. The company agreed to issue a refund, but then turned around and charged a $10 cancellation fee which they never mentioned when they agreed to issue the refund. When I discovered the sneaky $10 fee, I called the company and complained. The "customer service" person refused to rescind the fee because 'the fee is described in a link which you could have clicked on when you made your order" and "we assume that agricultural restrictions are common knowledge." Yeah, right! Doesn't everybody click on all of the tiny links before placing an order? Doesn't everybody have top-of-mind knowledge of the agricultural restrictions in their state of residence? What a farce! Never, never, never again will I do business with these people.
Negative rborella
Franklin, TN
May 15, 2017
THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, PERIOD.
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS SCAM WEBSITE.

I have NEVER written an online review. EVER. For anything.
Nature Hills Nursery is THE WORST. I paid $75 for a tree. They sent me a TWIG WITH NO LEAVES. Literally a Charlie Brown tree. I thought it was a JOKE. So I told them I wanted a refund. I would send their twig back and just refund me the money and I will go to Lowes and spend $75 on a REAL TREE, with LEAVES and everything.

They simply REFUSE! I am reporting this scam of a company to the Better Business Bureau. Absolutely ridiculous they WILL NOT REFUND the unsatisfied customer's purchase. If it is a "dormant tree" as they claim, then they should have NO TROUBLE TAKING A RETURN and selling it to some other sap who is dumb enough to do business with HORRIBLE COMPANY. BUT THEY WILL NOT ISSUE YOU A REFUND! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Nature Hills Nursery: Shipment # 100215258 for Order # 100159870
Inbox
x

May 14 (1 day ago)

to Melody,
Melody, please see the attached. This is a joke. $75 for this? My dog is using it as a stick ...
The box arrived intact. It's what is inside that is the problem.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
On May 9, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Melody B wrote:

Hello,

I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I did receive your pictures and I would need to see the tree outside of the box. We don't ask for customers to return the plants once they have been shipped. Once you have the tree out of the box, I would unwrap the plastic so we can have pictures of the root as well as the whole tree. I will also need pictures of the outside of the box as well as the packing slip we sent. I want to get this resolved for you and once I have the other pics, I can send them to my manager for his review and recommendation.

Melody

Thank you for choosing Nature Hills Nursery, the largest online nursery in the U.S.

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM, > wrote:

Yes I did not take it out of the box in the event I was just going to have to send it back, but see the attached.
Rob

On May 7, 2017, at 1:03 PM, Melody B wrote:

Hello,

I do apologize in getting back to you so late. I was just following up to see if you were able to take the pictures so I can send them to my nursery manager for his review and recommendation. I do want to help and I can promise you, no candid camera!

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 9:39 PM, wrote:

sure. the thing was a twig! it had no leaves. i didn't even bother to take it out of the box. i literally thought it was a joke and you guys had me on candid camera. why on earth would any company send a product out like that?!
i will send the photos tonight.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Melody B wrote:
Hello,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. However, in order to get this situation taken care of we will need for you to send us a photo of the tree, packing slip and the box. If you no longer have the box, please let us know if there was any box damage. Once the photos have been received we will forward them to our nursery manager for his review and feedback.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:38 AM, wrote:

Hello, I need to return this tree that arrived dead. What is your return process?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sales
Date: April 29, 2017 at 11:34:43 AM CDT
Nursery: Shipment # 100215258 for Order # 100159870

Nature Hills Nursery
Hello,
Thank you for your order from Nature Hills Nursery. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at [email protected] or call us at (888) 864-7663.

Your shipping confirmation is below. Please note that orders may arrive in multiple shipments. Separate email notices will be sent for each shipment. Thank you again for your business.

Please allow up to 24 hours for your shipment status to be updated in the tracking system.
Your Shipment #100215258 for Order #100159870
Shipped By Tracking Number
Tracking Number 363107616313336
Negative rnickols
Front Royal, VA
May 12, 2017
Horrible Horribly experience. Just bought a new house and wanted to do some landscaping.

The bushes I ordered were not shipped within the days they said they would. They take the money from your credit card although the trees are not shipped, the claim they ship product when nothing received we are faulted with waiting too long to call and must take a picture of the missing products that were never received.

Customer Service treated me like a common criminal.

I dont care enough about landscaping to steal on a freak-in bush purchase. Waste of Time and Money!!!!!!!

They treat customers like garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Negative bluewine7
Roslyn Heights, NY
May 3, 2017
This is s scam. Do not buy anything from them.
The trees I ordered were not shipped within the days they said they would, and they charged me 10% of cancellation fee. They are very sneaky. They don't tell you about the cancellation fee when you cancel. They take the money from your credit card although the trees are not shipped, and then they take the cancellation fee when they give you the refund.
I understand that there could be a delay, but I had to cancel because their customer service was so terrible. Their attitude is like 'You don't have to know when. You just wait until we do so'.
I made my first call after 14 days. I had to know the estimated shipping date because I had to meet the deadline my town had given me to plant those two trees for cutting down some old trees in my backyard. The customer service representative sounded annoyed when I asked for the estimated shipping date. All I heard was 'You will get notified when we ship them out' . I know that I'm not talking to a robot, and she does not have to say the same thing over and over again whenever I say something.
After the call, I felt terrible. I emailed the customer service for the status of my order, but there was no reply.
The next day (15th day), I called the customer service, and the same representative answered. Of course, again she said to me twice "You will get notified when we ship them out".
I asked her if there was a way for her to find out when they could ship out, and she said " I do not know, because the nursery manager handles it" Then I asked her if she could find it out from the manager, and she said that "We are not the nursery".
Humm...they call themselves "nursery" but they say they are not when there is a problem? So I cancelled the order, they took my $25.00 for the cancellation fee!
Do not buy anything from them. They do not value their customers.
Negative mbcrumly
Birmingham, AL
May 2, 2017
I do NOT recommend ordering from them and will not ever again. I thought I was lucky to find an adonis blue butterfly bush on their site. It was HIGHLY overpriced, but as they are not readily available, I was willing to pay it. The shrub was puny when it arrived and it did not survive the planting even though it was well cared for. I tried to take advantage of their replacement policy which is ONLY 50% off regular price to replace. And good for one year. Shame on me (as the customer service rep made me feel), for I called too early when there were none in stock and then again too late when they were again sold out. I asked if they could extend the replacement policy to fall when they would be back in stock and was met with a flat out, rude, NO. "You agreed to our policy, m'am"". - No I agreed to pay for a plant whIch I thought I would enjoy in my garden. TERRIBLE experience IN ALL RESPECTS.
Negative shellripple
Oakland, CA
April 11, 2017
Buyer beware!! I regret ever ordering from Nature Hills Nursery and now I see my swindling experience is just like others' who've posted here.

I ordered a few plum trees from Nature Hills Nursery on 12/21/2016 for a total of $209.85. After not receiving my order and not receiving any follow-up communication after the invoice, I emailed them weeks later to find out where my order was. According to Kiya in Customer Service, they don’t ship until “Spring”. That was news to me. She said it is noted on the website. Well, that is not true. It is noted nowhere. I even went back through the checkout process to check (minus submitting the order). Not shipping till Spring was not noted.

Also, “Spring” is very vague and that was going to be several months away. I was getting a bad feeling about the situation, so I emailed them back to cancel the order (which, BTW, they already charged my credit card on the date of purchase, even though they were months away from shipping). Kiya said I had to call them to cancel, so I did. Oddly, the person who answered was Kiya (I guess she’s the whole department). Kiya said I would “receive a refund” to my credit card. Well, I got a refund, but it was $20.98 short! I then emailed back to ask for the remaining amount I was shorted. Kiya wrote back that there is a 10% cancellation fee, which they noted on a legal page buried within their site. Kiya said it’s because they removed it from their inventory, which is a crock. It did not cause them to incur any cost. They just made easy money. Based on what I'm reading from others, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I got any money back. I encourage you to save yourself and avoid this con artist business.
Negative jgarch
Palm Springs, CA
February 13, 2017
DO NOT BUY FROM NATURE HILLS!!!!
Ordered over 50 Green Giant Arborvitae last year, all died during the winter. Half were under a purchased warranty, and half were not. Warranty is useless, as they do not cover shipping costs, and the replacement of the others at half cost, again does not include shipping costs. While they are almost always offering free shipping on orders over $150, they will not include the replacements. Shipping will be over $1200. A total fraud.
Negative jeevest
Columbia, MO
November 1, 2016
awful company. bought 3 trees for $160, all dead upon arrival. they said, oh that's how they look dormant. interesting, that's also how they look DEAD! so when I called them months later to tell they in fact were still dead, they said oh they could only give 1/2 refund plus shipping. and i said, "what you want me to pay you $80 plus shipping so you can send me more dead trees?"

don't waste your time. lowe's, home depot, sam's will actually guarantee your plants AND they are better quality. i have planted over 100 trees from the three of them on only lost 3. that's a 97% success rate compared to 0% for this company. plus, those companies actually game me a refund for the three that didn't survive!
Negative byronwhitesides
Layton, UT
October 24, 2016
I ordered from Nature Hills Nursery on 4 September for a tree listed in-stock. After a while and not having received an order confirmation, I contacted them to find out where my order was. According to Jennifer, they sent me an e-mail to tell me that the item was not going to be shipped until November, 2 months after purchase. When I verified the e-mail address, they did not even send it to me, but somewhere they cited as Yaoo.com, not even Yahoo.com. Also, they charged me for the product, directly, rather than doing as most online purchases are done, charging when the item is in-stock and ready for shipment.

I cancelled the order and finally received an e-mail from Jennifer on 11 October. She said that I would need to call and cancel, which I did, at which time I was advised a refund would be given in 10 - 12 days. Well, I got the refund and it was $10 less than what I paid!!!

Everything I am reading about this place would indicate that this company is not trustworthy. I would not recommend to do business there at all. A lot of people who don't pay the replacement insurance have claimed to have received dead plants. I can't even imagine how many people cancelled, like myself, only to be short-changed on the refund!!!
Negative kmzipfel3
Defiance, OH
September 29, 2016
placed a large order for myself like 325.00 Went ahead and paid for insurance just in case because I was scared I would lose my money, I called and sent them pictures of plants that didnt make it, they did send replacements but I had to pay for shipping but it was better than losing all of my money on dead plants.. I asked them about purchasing insurance on the replacement plants and they said it wasn't necessary. So I paid for shipping new plants and almost instantly they were completely dead. I call them and they say sorry, nothing we will do?!?! So.... in other words take your money for insurance and send you duds that wont make it at all then they get total profit. Wow, when you cant even stand behind your own product you probably shouldn't sell that product. I even called them and talked with a women before placing my initial order because I had seen a few negative comments and she somehow got me to trust their business and assured me they stand behind what they sell.
Negative heather1234
Bay Village, OH
September 27, 2016
I spent $1,000 on trees and plants. The first potted 4-5 foot tree I ordered arrived half dead with 4 inch branches and half dead insect bitten leaves. After trying to contact them for days by phone and email I finally got through. When I went to cancel my other tree they refused to allow me because it was already tagged for shipment. I then requested that they cancel all of the rest of my orders that had not been fulfilled yet due to the poor customer service and products. They refused. My credit card company is in the process of investigating the business. I may just contact my attorney general if that does not work as another customer has done. Wish I read online reviews before ordering!
Negative seriously
Andalusia, AL
July 16, 2016
I ordered White Fringe Trees as well as Paw Paw trees as well a some blueberry plants.When the trees arrived they looked dead,so I called the company, they requested pictures. I sent them pictures, and I was told the plants were dormant, just plant them and they will grow. The major problem was the root system on the PAW PAW TREES WERE, THERE WEREN'T ANY! The only way I got any refund was I contacted my credit card company, BBB, a well as the Attorney General. I tried to let the White Fringe Trees do their thing since they were suppose to be dormant. They never put on any leaves. The blueberries came as ordered and were dried out but after soaking in water they seemed ok. I purchased the warranty but I think it was a joke. they ask for pictures, I sent pictures, they say they never received them, however I had an electronic trail. I will never do business with them after i spent over 500.00 and they did not appreciate my business, however they did respect the Attorney General, BUYER BE WARE
Neutral Fidelis
Amana, IA
July 4, 2016
I purchased a honeysuckle vine from Nature Hills in early June. The plant arrived in a timely manner, but was completely root bound. I planted it and thankfully the hardy little guy seems to be doing fine, but I would be hesitant to purchase again from them given the condition of the plant upon arrival.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]