P.O.Box 8132
787 832 08 05

Reviews:

Displaying the 11 most recent reviews

On Jun 1, 2014, risaris (1 reviews) from Centerville, OH

Wow. Late the other night I was reading through this website. It looked really wonderful, but I have been burned before by organic places that werent really organic, ie owned by Monsanto. So I shot this guy a quick note, verifying that they were not affiliated in any way with that company just to cover my bases. The arrogance and rudeness that came pouring back at me were overwhelming. This man called me names, told me I was prejudiced, ignorant, etc. It is really quite a shame when someone has what is otherwise seemingly a lovely business, but whose pompous attitude and demeaning language to a perspective client causes people to walk away. I saved the emails, should anyone want to see them. It was actually so very preposterous that I honestly had to go back later and re-read the emails just to make sure they were real.

On Mar 28, 2007, jeffhagen (11 reviews) from Fort Lauderdale, FL

I got a really nice looking Imbe and a great little vexator for under 60$ with shipping. Shipping was fast, and the plants came in perfect condition. Govardhan is definitely a great place to buy rare fruit trees.

On Aug 16, 2006, SachaaPyar1 (2 reviews)

I íve been buying from this company for long time and I am extremely pleased with their excellent service and communication. Always responded quickly to all my mails and questions. Plants are healthy and prices and shipping charges are reasonable if compared to other companies. Of course, I will order from them again. Simply fantastic, I highly recommend them.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "MAYA_E" below and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.

On Aug 14, 2006, MAYA_E (1 reviews) from Mayaguez,
Puerto Rico

I use to visit this nursery on a regular basis and the only way I could describe my experience there is EXCELLENT. Quality, selection and prices of fruit trees are the best in our area. You may get almost any rare fruit tree from them. I am completely satisfied and I reccomend it to anyone who already has or wants to start a fruit tree collection. Best of all, everything there is organically grown. Plus, we do appreciate the work they are doing for PR. BRAVO for Govardhan!!

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "SachaaPyar1" below and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.

On Aug 13, 2006, elamor (1 reviews) from Cayey, PR

I drive about 3 hours every other month to visit this incredible nursery. Its really more of a tropical sanctuary than a business. The prices are great and the quality of the plants impeccable. Every time I go, me and my family are invited to sample delicious tropical fruits for free. All I can say is that the service and selection of this nursery is awesome!! A big thumbs up to Govardhan Gardens!!! Ell Munay, PR.

On Aug 11, 2006, Bhavah (1 reviews) from Deerfield Beach, FL

"I am a long time, satisfied customer of Govardhan Gardens nursery. In fact, the best plants in my collection are from this company. It is well known in collector circles that they offer some of the rarest tropical trees and seeds for the most reasonable prices. I have never lost a single plant I orderd from them. Every single one of them was perfectly healthy. One thing that I don't understand is samosa's claim "that his plants were not packed in plastic/with a sterile medium)". Thats virtually impossible because all their plants are bare rooted, treated against nematodes and then wrapped in a sterile medium, and surrounded by plastic bags. This is a standard operating procedure, and it makes no sense that the procedure was changed for "samosa". I think some of the people who write negative comments in here should be more careful with their versions of "the truth", otherwise this forum will end up as a controversial place without integrity. "

On Aug 11, 2006, samosa (5 reviews) from San Diego, CA

I bought three plants last year and received four(two little ones instead of a larger one). They were shipped badly packed(no soil or plastic around the roots) and were dry and half way dead when I received them. After one year and some strenuous saving efforts, one has survived(and I have, so far, perchased over 50 plants from mail order and only once, one plant/twig died) I waited one year to resolve this by communication but so far, nothing. And I gave half the price of my order extra as sign of appreciation of finding a tree I liked!!! Must say I am severely disappointed to say the least. Prompt reply though and reasonable price.

On August 13th, 2006, samosa added the following: I respect and appreciate all the feedback posted here. However, I disagree to the statement made by some about my rating being without integrity and " my expectation of altered stadard procedure". As I mentioned in my statement, I am a long term buyer from mail order nurseries and know the packaging procedures. All plants so far, were shipped to me with soilless medium with wrapped plastic to preserve the moisture and otherwise imminent death during shipping. My plants, from Govandhan Garden were shipped YES bare root with newspaper (wrapped around the roots but without anything to keep them in place or preserve the moisture) that may have been wet in the beginning of shipping but totally dry when they reached me. They were in CRITICAL CONDITION when they arrived. I ran continuous humidifier next to them with the plants in my living room for days to just make at least one come back. YES. they do have good price + communication AS I MENTIONED IN MY RATING as well. I did wait one year with repeated communication to resolve this. It is not my intention to jeopardize anybody's business and I am sure all these people had positive experiences. However, I am sharing my experience here and I think quick assumtions like "Anybody who doesn't agree with my personal opinions" got to be one without integrity is, in my humble opinion, presumptuous. Being in higher academics and dealing with anonymous sensless ratings like Rate my professor, I am well aware of "Freedom of speech", "Integrety" and the responsibility that comes with posting one's statements in a website like this. But then again, FACT IS FACT.
On August 14th, 2006, samosa added the following: I did respond to your email(I mean Govardhan Gardens) on 08/13/06 at around 5-6 pm after I received your mail via Dave's garden site. I did name my orders in my mail. they were 1. Syzigium cuminii, 1 Anona squamosa and 1 Azadirachta indica (you shipped two small ones saying the big oner were too big to be shipped.) The Anona survived. The order was shipped to San diego,Ca and I ordered them last year May/April around that time. My order was of $65. and I wrote you a check for $100 saying the extra was in appreciation of your work and sponsoring your tree planting project. I am under no obligation to give my name but since you insist, it's Shina(you WILL know my name). I have, by now, considered the matter closed and have bought the trees from Two other nurseries since, in my opinion, $100 is NOT worth starting a string of emails of mutual defamation or accusation. If you are as professional as you claim, please admit that you may have made a mistake and I am willing to think that I might as well be an isolated incident (I sure hope so). But denial of mails received or blaming this very useful site is not an act proclaiming professionalism. As far as anomymous statements, there are pros and cons to that. Just like an envious competitor can post anonymous negative messages, a friend, family or staff can also post anonymous positive messages. Deal with both or deal with none. People make their own judgements. This is, of course, my opinion and I have, here on, no intention of responding to any third party involved unless of course, you send me the apology. My rating stands because now I have more doubts about your business codes. Thanks
On August 16th, 2006, samosa changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following: Govardhan Gardens has resolved this issue with me. I am changing my rating to positive and shall buy again from them without reservation. Thanks.

On Jan 5, 2006, dtexs (2 reviews) from Mcallen, TX (Zone 10a)

Govardhan gardens provides a very unique service. Great communication, informative, and great viability on rarely available seeds. I highly recommend any tropical fruit enthusiasts looking for something different to check them out.

On Oct 7, 2005, plummy (1 reviews) from Sonoma, CA

I ordered last year and was amased at how fast the shipping was. I got some plants and they have lots of new growth. because I like his selction so much I'm ordering again.

On Nov 8, 2003, kalyani (1 reviews)

I order medicinal leaves and rare fruit seeds there - the service and quality is great!

On Nov 6, 2003, suntzu (4 reviews) from Waterford, CA

I ordered 10 Bonbax Glabra seeds from this company a short time back and they arrieved today.They sent 11 actually.They were well packaged and 6 of them were already sprouting roots an inch long.I am very pleased with this company.

» Read the rest of the reviews