The scoop on 'Annie's Annuals and Perennials'

Annie's Annuals and Perennials

Annie's Annuals and Perennials has 2275 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Annie's Annuals and Perennials is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

801 Chesley Ave.
Richmond, California 94805 (United States)

Phone: 888.266.4370
Fax: 800.819.5913

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit Annie's Annuals and Perennials at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative imwinniesdad
Whitmore, CA
August 25, 2018
BEWARE. They send small greenhouse grown plants and will NOT refund or replace their weak seedlings that don't survive in the real world
Positive adeleon1956
Pico Rivera, CA
August 3, 2018
I LOVE Annie's Annuals! I received my amazing Moon Flower vines about two weeks ago and wanted to drop a line to tell everyone how fabulous they are doing. They came wrapped so beautifully and securely and I planted them in their special pot, with a trellis, the next day after receiving them and they’ve just taken off! I can hardly wait for them to bloom. I highly recommend Annie's Annuals for all of your plant needs.
Negative carolstropicals
Bellaire, TX
July 25, 2018
Posted on July 21, 2016, updated July 25, 2018
What a Great Company !!
I bought 2 plants. Their container and wrapping were Excellent. In fact, the best I have had out of all my online plant purchases.
I received one of these plants last year from another company in a smaller container. I had to move it to a slightly larger size and it died.
The containers \"Annies\" plants came in were oversized. I didn\'t have to move this replacement plant from last year to a larger container.
Especially in the Heat. The packing and plants were Over the Top in
Quality and Wrapping.
Carol Smith.
On July 25th, 2018, carolstropicals changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

Please don't order plants from Annie's Annuals if you live in a hot climate. Middle America or the south. They state their plants can live in zone 10/11 - not true. They will only live in coastal cooler areas of the US.
These are the plants I lost from ordering in 3/18

Bomarea Hirtella
Navajo Fleabane
Three Birds Flying
Penstemon

The order on 3/17 was addressed to the co (dead plants) 3 months after warranty since they didn't die until the heat came. With directness some of these were refunded.
This year 3/18 I should have known better than to order from them again.
I told this company in 2017 to stop claiming that plants could take the heat all the way to zone 11. No company claims this. They did not listen. Their plants live only on the coastal part of California which is totally different from our heat in the south or even middle America. This is why no other nursery sells these plants.
I let them know that I was leaving bad feedback on this site. They didn't even respond.
Positive Buddhabear
Severna Park, MD
July 9, 2018
I have been a returning customer for 15 years. Ive ordered while living in California and after moving to Maryland. Without fail Annie's Annuals has always provided me with healthy, vigorous, hard to find, rare, beautiful plants that succeed in my gardens. The seaonal catalogs themselves are works of Art, chock full of inspiration, ideas, and usefull information. As a Master Gardener I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Annie's no matter where you live! Their plants and customer service are simply incomparable!
Positive Greenman2711
Dallas, TX (Zone 8a)
June 29, 2018
Thank you, my plants are doing extremely well here in Dallas. You have such a diverse and unique specimens!!. We are reworking our landscape, we have new irrigation and exterior lighting!! I have searched so many nursery sights and I have yet to see another like Annie's Annuals & Perennials. Thank you and will definitely keep ordering from you, and certainly recommend your nursery. Magnificent plants, fantastic selection and lots of useful information! Peace to y’all,

All the best;
Amy in Dallas, TX
Positive AgilityPom
North Highlands, CA
June 21, 2018
This is the first time I've purchased from Annie's Annuals. I bought several plants. They were shipped on the day I requested shipping, and I received them the day after that. They are very healthy and look great. Two of them even have blossom buds, which is a plus. I will definitely purchase from Annie's Annuals again.
Positive Suzkling
Bandon, OR
June 7, 2018
Posted on March 2, 2015, updated June 7, 2018
Annie\'s Annuals/Perennials is my favorite online nursery...I have ordered many times....their plants arrive in the most perfect packaging imaginable and ready to go into the ground.....they have a decent root structure and are always healthy......their catalog gets the highest creative fun stars........I feel defensive of them and can only ask the negative reviewers some simple questions......like, why do you expect them to hold your order until your weather is better when you placed the order to begin with.......that\'s your responsibility.........I could break out into a rant here...........ok, I\'m in OR and they are in CA.....similar zone-age...........so people! use common sense and don\'t order plants that aren\'t going to be happy in your zone.............there, there Annie\'s.........you keep doing what you always do............there will always be those of us who water your shrine...........
On June 7th, 2018, Suzkling added the following:

I've ordered many plants from many online nurseries ....Annie's Annuals/Perennials is the best online nursery available......200 big fat blue/not purple stars! ......
Positive Dcdake
San Jose, CA
June 6, 2018
I ordered some ground cover for the first time from an on-line nursery. The plants were packed very well and all of the plants were in wonderful condition. It was a good experience from Annie's Garden.
Positive KMHC
Redding, CA
May 10, 2018
We are longtime customers of Annie's Annuals and couldn't be happier. Annie's has provided outstanding and friendly service, healthy and flourishing plants, and on-time delivery. We highly recommend Annie's Annuals.
Positive jhroney
Montecito, CA
May 4, 2018
I have purchases plants through mail order for years. My experience with Annie's was Amazing! The plants arrived beautifully packaged and in perfect condition. The postage was less than I had expected. Can't recommend Annie's more highly!! Jane Roney, Santa Barbara
Positive nananina1
Worcester, MA
May 2, 2018
I ordered 6 strawberry plants from Annie's and was amazed at the superb quality of these plants. They are large, well-rooted and a vibrant green. They were expensive (with the shipping) but considering the material I have bought from other sites they are well worth the money. Outstanding!!
Positive DMSOregon
Roseburg, OR
April 26, 2018
I love this Nursery for it's unique collection, and yes the shipping costs are high but the shipping packages make it worth it. I'm fortunate because I have a greenhouse with a mist system and as soon as I receive my boxes I get them open and the plants go under the mist to recover from the shipping shock. If I can't get them in the ground within a few days they are potted up to 1 gal. containers and fed a weak liquid N. tea, sometimes a small amount of willow tea added for the hormones to encourage new root growth. I've never lost a plant from Annie's. If I'm paying a premium price, you can be sure they're going to be babied.
Positive sagecollector
Huntington Beach, CA
April 14, 2018
So thankful for Annie's Annuals! Great selection of rare plants I cannot find at any of my local nurseries. Plants came super fast, well protected and all in very healthy condition! Couldn't be happier. ;)
Positive timed100
Buffalo, NY
April 13, 2018
I have ordered plants from Annies several times over the years and they are always in great condition when they arrive - often larger than I was expecting. My last order was in early April and they contacted me to ask if i wanted the plants sent that early because they were concerned about weather conditions in my area. They were sent and arrived quickly and safely!
Positive ogre44
Framingham, MA
April 4, 2018
Made a big, for us, order from Annies for early April delivery to Massachusetts. Annie's called to warn me that temps in the 20's were forecast for the delivery period and that they could not guarantee live delivery under those circumstances. I wanted what I wanted and decided to take the chance on live delivery, and the plants arrived today, in a cold rain, in perfect condition. Their packing is superior, and seemingly proof against transport by FedEx. Snow forecast for tomorrow and again next week so the new kids will be under the lights for a while but Annie's will see more of me in the future.
Positive Adsppk
Las Vegas, NV
March 13, 2018
Plants arrived on time in very good condition well package with planting instructions I would recommend Annie’s for all your needs
Negative katanknits
Santa Monica, CA
January 16, 2018
I do wish things had gone better. I ordered a late fall shipment, which of course is not the best time for most companies, but the only good time for me to plant in SoCal. Plants arrived beautifully packed, and all were growing. I was a bit sad to find they were all planted in shallow pots--but figured the nursery knows what it's doing. So far so good. I put them outside in the shade for a couple of days to recover before planting (temp around 70 degrees), and things started to go downhill. Many flopped over, or started to rot. I sorted through them to see what was wrong and whether I dared plant them in the garden, and discovered, first, that they were all in very heavy dirt, no perlite or vermiculite, and without good drainage, some were drowning. I also discovered that about a third of them were completely root-bound, while another third had just been transplanted from plugs and had barely started to send out further roots (if at all). The last third had fine root balls, but some of these were just over-saturated from the lack of drainage in the soil. With some tender care and re-potting, some of these survived. Some are struggling, and about 1/3 died despite my attempts to salvage. None of them are thriving, unlike the plants I received from other nurseries about the same time. They have a great selection of interesting items, but the plants were just not cared for. Perhaps they do not really have stock for late fall/winter shipping, but if so, they should let customers know.
Company representative comment on January 26, 2018:
On Jan 26, 2018 4:54 PM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

Hi katanknits - We are sorry to hear about your experience with our plants. We understand your disappointment. We guarantee plants arrive in excellent shape, ready to go in the ground and if ever you have any problems or questions, we are more than happy to sort things out. Please give us a call anytime M-F, 8-4 PST 888-266-4370 option #1 or by email: [email protected].

Positive lbecker
Santa Cruz, CA
January 2, 2018
I discovered Annie's in September of this year. To date I have placed over 30 orders online. I have been thrilled with the selection of plants they offer and the detailed, invaluable information they provide for each plant on their fabulous website. I check their website several times a week to read up on all the newly available plants.

Each order is packed with loving care to assure each plant survives it's trip and handling once it leaves their site. Honestly, I don't know how much time it must take them to ready each plant for it's journey!

Customer service is wonderful! I had one issue with a shipment (carrier error), Annie's was responsive, concerned and followed up to see how the plants were doing.

My yard has made a beautiful transformation in just 4 months thanks to the huge catalog of plants Annie's has to offer. The detailed description of each plant's needs help me to make wise, informed choices.

I am an Annie's customer for life!
Positive JDFlorida
Tampa,
United States
October 14, 2017
I ordered a dozen Ucinia Rubra from Annie's Annuals some weeks back. The package arrived just days before Hurricane Erma struck the state. I opened the box and kept it in the garage and kept them watered, then I broke my ankle and several bones in my other foot. So, needless to say I was seriously delayed in getting the plants in the ground. Long story short, three weeks later I was finally able to plant them. I was shocked and amazed that every single plant was not only still alive, but in great shape--even to the reddish-brown color the sedge is known for. I've ordered dozens of plants before from other companies, and never had such healthy plants, especially after such a long time in their box! I just can't speak highly enough about them--their customer service was exceptional (I'd called once about my bill), they shipped everything promptly, and their packaging kept the plants separated while also making them easy to remove. If and when I decide to order any new plants, Annie's Annuals will be the first website I shop.
Positive seashelly100
Camas, WA
August 28, 2017
After being unable to find Cascading Oregano locally in Washington State, I went to the internet and found Annie's Annuals, and they had the Cascading Oregano that I was searching for. After viewing their website, I was convinced that they would take good care of any plants that were ordered by mail. I was right! The plants were securely covered and placed in a cardboard holding container so that they wouldn't move around during the shipping process. I have ordered from several nurseries, and by far, Annie's Annuals took the best care in sending me my new plants.
I will order from them again gladly.
Positive okpkpkp
Sacramento, CA
August 24, 2017
Well, I have to say we had a very positive experience. I wrote Annie's and raved about their packaging. It was fantastic. The plants arrived in one day and in perfect condition. The plants are housed in their own little unit with the pot and the growth protected. A lot of thought and engineering must have gone into their box and insert design. I planted three yesterday and noticed growth already. The other three I will pot-up today. Strong, healthy plants are what they offered and that is exactly what we got. They have customers here in Sacramento for life.
Happy gardening, everyone.
Positive Horticultural99
Benicia, CA
August 10, 2017
I'm blessed to live near Annie's in the SF Bay Area. After spending $300 on assorted perennials this year, I'm extremely happy with their growth and the selection offered through the nursery. Only two plants have failed to bloom, but I'll give them another year as their growth is strong. Highly recommend!
Positive utahxericman
Provo, UT
August 10, 2017
Ordered multiple times from Annie's Annuals. On one order the Shipment was lost for over a week by the shipping company. The plants finally arrived a few were dead.

I contacted Annie's when the shipment didn't arrive the day it was suppose to arrive. They looked to see if they could find the shipment for me, they couldn't find it and neither could the shipping company, so they said they would replace the whole order which they did. The replacement order arrived on time and the plants were in great condition.

They package their plants really well and have minimal damage and soil loss. I am pleased with how well Annie's responded to the lost plants and replacing the whole order. I would recommend them to anyone, they have a wonderful selection of plants. Thanks for the great customer service!
Positive WGgarden
San Jose, CA
July 21, 2017
I received my order of Chilean Jasmine and Polish Spirit Clematis today as promised. Perfectly packed! The plant quality is excellent and they look beautiful! Bright green young leaves and very perky! These four inch babies are more full and healthy looking than what I have seen at my local high end nurseries in my area. I am very happy and will definitely order from Annie's again. FYI I have been searching for a Chilean Jasmine for 2 years and finally came across this nursery. So Happy!!!!
Positive clcdezines
Long Beach, CA
July 12, 2017
The selection from Annie's Annuals is outstanding. I found everything I wanted, which is really difficult at local nurseries.
Their descriptions and photos helped immensely in selecting plants for my location.
My plants arrived BEAUTIFULLY packaged and ready to plant. Each one was clearly labeled and protected from jostling during shipping.
Now the hardest part, waiting for them to GROW!
Positive diat0mshells
Portland, OR
June 30, 2017
I usually wait to post reviews of companies of mail order plants after I see how the plants do. This is one of my first reviews on this website. Out of all the mail order companies I have ordered from this year, Annie's Annuals has been one of the top companies. The packaging was impeccable when sent, and all the plants arrived healthy and ready to take off. I believe that the most recent reviews are the most important, because a company can either improve or decline, and the overall rating may not be relevant anymore. As for Annie's, in my opinion, the company is currently top of the line to order from; and since planting all the plants, everything except one plant, is doing exceptionally well. The one plant that didn't do so great was a blue flax plant. It only arrived with one shoot and has since dried up and hasn't put forth any new growth from the roots. I have hopes that it still may do so though. The other blue flax came with four shoots and has since sent up new growth. I had ordered approximately 12 plants all together. All the other plants are already flowering and putting up new growth after being in the ground for a month. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to order high quality plants online.
Company representative comment on June 30, 2017:
On Jun 30, 2017 12:51 PM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

hi diat0mshells - thanks very much for your review! we have a 30 day guarantee on all plants, so if that blue flax is failing to thrive, give us a call and we'll set it right. 1.888.266.4370

Positive samnorge
Alexandria, MN
June 24, 2017
Plants arrived in good condition, quality of annuals was excellent.
Ordered amaranth's, dahlia and cephalaria.

Positive gingersroses
Fresno, CA
June 20, 2017
I highly recommend Annie's. The shipping was very reasonable, the 4 plants were excellently packed, arrived quickly and in excellent condition. This is more amazing because the current temperatures here are over 100 degrees F! Thank you so much! I look forward to planting these - when the temps cool down.

~H
Positive skyg1831
Lynbrook, NY
June 15, 2017
Posted on July 14, 2016, updated June 15, 2017
A couple of the plants arrived damaged likely from the heat enroute, but I knew it was risky ordering plants during this time of year and when much of the country was in a heatwave. So except for a few tips of these plants that suffered damage, the rest of the plant is fine and I know they\'ll recover easily.

great packing. Shipment arrived as communicated!
On June 15th, 2017, skyg1831 added the following:

ordered again this year, and plants were well packed and well grown. I see others complain about the size of the plants. I think it's more important on how well plants are grown and established - all which I received.
Positive Kjani
Gig Harbor, WA
June 12, 2017
I had a really good experience with Annie's Annuals and would DEFINITELY order again without hesitation. I ordered Night Flox (midnight candy) and I really did not expect the plants to be as big as they were. They were not giant but these are bedding plants that I put in big hanging baskets with petunias and million bells and strawberries. I loved the plants they are better looking than expected and I will get them next year but will be doubling my order. The plants were packed meticulously- and personally I did not feel the shipping was too high - but that's just me. I have ordered from other places before and received pot bound plants or plants that were too young to make it outside the greenhouse.
These were done just right - I am a definite fan now of Annie's Annuals.
Negative sierrasu
Jamestown, CA
May 25, 2017
Ordered 24 plants, all new to my gardening, but listed as "native plants," of which I already have many in my garden. I lost 3 plants within the first 3 weeks. I believe that was because they ship in 4-inch pots, but the plants are not 4-inch pot worthy! Their root systems are so tiny, they are, at best, 2-3 inch pot worthy plants. Also, the plants were so carelessly potted that the potting soil (YES, potting soil - not garden soil) fell off the tiny roots. This may have contributed to their demise. Shipping fees for their orders is ridiculously high. I called to say I would send photos of the surviving plants (at 26 days since planting), which show the disappointing growth. In the case of one variety, the plants have such a weak base root system that they topple over! All I got from "Andrea" who answered the phone when I called for the email address to send pictures was "Well, we can send replacements for the ones you lost but you will have to pay the shipping." I told her I'm not giving Annie's Annuals any more money - $200.28 for 24 plants was quite enough. I think this exorbitant shipping cost is where they make the real money. By their own description, these native flowers, for the most part, reseed, so they are not losing money making new plants! From my horrible experience, I can only believe that the positive comments on this site were entered by their employees or people who went to the nursery itself to buy their plants. Never again will I order from this company, and I will enter these warning comments on every gardening website I can. It was wonderful validation when I read the other negative comments that echoed my same complaints.
Company representative comment on June 12, 2017:
On Jun 12, 2017 11:11 AM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

Hi Sierrasu: Thank you for giving us the chance to fix this issue. we have strict guidelines about how rooted plants must be in order to ship, as well as a 30-day guarantee. As per our email to you, we have credited your card for the plants that failed to thrive upon arrival.

Positive floranista
Olympia, WA
May 18, 2017
I've been mail-ordering from nurseries since the 90s. The order I just received from Annie's Annuals were the best-packed that I've ever seen. The plants themselves were in great condition and also a good size. I wish I had all the $$ I've spent over the years from plants that died because they really weren't big enough to transplant!

I'm very pleased with Annie's Annuals and can highly recommend them to other gardeners. You won't be disappointed! When I called with a question, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.
Positive Shamrog
Redwood City, CA
May 12, 2017
This was my first order with Annie's. I found their customer service prompt in answering emails and when I received my plants I was very nicely surprised by the care taken in preparing them for shipment. All four plants looked healthy and larger than those I've received from other nurseries.

I wish they offered organic.
Positive PinellasParker
Clearwater, FL
May 11, 2017
My order was shipped at the time I requested.

The order was packed intelligently:
The packing was protective to the plants so there was no shipping damage, and the plants were easily accessible within the box to the state inspector for examination upon entering the state.

The quality of the plants were first-rate:
When opening the box, one of the plants was already blooming. I received my order at work and by the end of the day, another plant's buds were opening in the box.

I have another order placed and have recommended this company to my coworkers.
Positive tamiduncan
Albuquerque, NM
May 9, 2017
Such a WONDERFUL experience I've had shopping at Annie's! It started with the beautiful catalog - the pictures are excellent, the information about the plant including best location to grow, the zone, oftentimes even history and complementary plants to use. Then, off to the FANTASTIC website! I absolutely love how I was able to confirm my zone and then to be able to search in almost every imaginable way! I am able to search by my zone, type of plant, THE plant itself, shade/sun/type...you name it, I can search it. I love how I can create a Wishlist for when my pocketbook is more full or to get updated when my plants become available.

I easily created and paid for my order and was told exactly when it would ship and arrive. I love that because I was able to pre-prepare the area for planting enabling me to plant them as soon as they arrived.

I placed 2 orders - 1 with 12 plants, the 2nd with 4. I have to say I've never seen a more meticulously packaged group of plants! They were obviously handled with care and protection for their long roadtrip to my house.

10 of the 12 total plants are doing wonderfully, though I did have 2 fatalities. I wrote to Annie's and explained how they weren't looking very good but was willing to give them a little bit to adjust. I was PROMPTLY written back and offered a refund/credit if they didn't make it. I've now had to ask for the refund and I have no doubt they will process it speedily.

I give Annie's a 10-Star rating on a scale from 1 to 5! SUCH a pleasure shopping with them! I look forward to many years of being their customer and spreading the word about the wonderful company they are!

Thanks SO much! HAPPY GROWING!
Positive piscesxander
Sacramento, CA
May 9, 2017
I absolutely love the unique varieties Annie's Annuals has to offer. We have so many beautiful things in our yard that no one has ever seen or even heard of that all came from Annie's. Their prices are excellent and shipping has always been super fast and well packed when I can't make the long trip to the nursery. The variety of options is almost paradise if you're a high zone gardener - and they offer so many things you can't find anywhere else - from high heat succulents to cool growing tropical lovelies. All that said... they probably have the most beautiful mail order catalog I've ever seen - yet the website is so meh and ungainly to use.
Positive joannabecca
Norfolk, NE
May 3, 2017
I wrote an email early this morning to ask when a certain plant would again be available. About one hour after they opened--I am from different time zone than they are--I got a reply. Not only was I told when the plant would again be available, I was also given very easy to follow instructions on how to make sure the plant was indeed available again.

After I read the response, I ask some questions like what size pot will I need. And since I had already placed an order for some other plants I asked about them too.

Within a few minutes I had a response to that also.
I started a nonprofit center here where I live to help rural women do gardening for food security and beauty. The response I received from Annie's Annuals and Perennials was very kind and supportive. This meant a lot to me. I did not feel like we were competing one bit-instead we were working together so that everyone has the opportunity to practice their love for gardening.
I also want to add that the website is very easy to use. I am going to be using it as a model of how I will want my own website to look and also to ensure it is as easy to use.
All in all Annie's Annuals and Perennials online garden business has been one of the most pleasant moments with internet businesses that I have had. I would highly recommend them.
Joannabecca
Positive evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA (Zone 8a)
April 17, 2017
Posted on April 17, 2017, updated April 17, 2017
A couple of weeks ago, I placed an order with Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials.

When I received the package and opened it, all of the plants were just perfect. Of course, I could not plant them in the rain, so I transplanted them all into gallon containers. I will have to wait until the soil dries out a bit until I plant them.
On April 17th, 2017, evelyn_inthegarden added the following:

The reason why I mentioned this is that you do not get to select your shipping date. So if you need your order to be delayed until May, just place your order near the end of April.

Based on past experience, I found myself potting up various plant orders and then waiting for better weather.
Positive MeLittleGarden
Rockford, IL
March 28, 2017
I'm Soooo impressed with my plants from Annie's Annuals and Perennials! :0) I researched reviews online before I purchased. Now there's been folks complaining about shipping costs. Here's my two cents~Worth every penny! The shipping prices are very appropriate. This is the absolute best condition I've ever received plants in, that were shipped. I can see a lot of care, time & money went into packaging my beautiful plants. We all know 2 day shipping with Fed Ex isn't cheap but its less transit time on the plants. I don't want to save on shipping costs, I want my plants to arrive quickly and healthy. Annie's does just that! Add to that, I couldn't get most of the plants I ordered anywhere else.

The plants are so gorgeous and healthy and beautiful and some are already blooming and...well I could go on and on but you get the point! So if you are reading this and researching Annie's Annuals & Perennials and deciding if you want to order...I say do it! When you receive that box~It will put a huge smile on your face when you open it up! Yeah its like that! :0)

Oh and one more thing...prices are better than any of my local nurseries with better selection and better looking plants...I will be ordering from there again and again. In closing I think it is unfair to leave negative feedback for a company you have not purchased from because you don't agree with the shipping costs. Anyone who doesn't order based on the shipping costs is missing out on some gorgeous hard to find plants.
Positive mpmorey
Lakewood, WA
March 27, 2017
I was blown away with the new plant packing methods that Annie's Annuals used for my latest order! No soil spilled, no damage to the plants, not even a bruised leaf! I actually took pictures and posted them to my Master Gardeners Face Book page. Not only does Annie's Annuals have fabulous, UNUSUAL plants, their prices are quite reasonable! I will be a rerurn customer for years to come. Their catalog is gorgeous, their web site is amazing!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]