Our 19th Annual Photo Contest is now open for entries. You can submit your best images HERE

The scoop on 'Annie's Annuals and Perennials'

Annie's Annuals and Perennials

Annie's Annuals and Perennials has 2275 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Annie's Annuals and Perennials is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

801 Chesley Ave.
Richmond, California 94805 (United States)

Phone: 888.266.4370
Fax: 800.819.5913

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit Annie's Annuals and Perennials at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive KarlaMalcolm
Corvallis, OR
September 13, 2019
My plants arrived and I was super impressed with the packing job- each individual plant was packed to hold in the soil and also to no be damaged... they were in perfect condition. I love that so much care went into my order. You can tell they love their plants!
Positive lorenzo468
Manvel, TX
August 22, 2019
The catalog features many interesting and unusual plants, and my overall experience has been good, generally receiving well-grown specimens. Two things to look out for:

1) Catalog hype doesn't always coincide with reality. Check out plant descriptions and zone ratings on dependable gardening sites before placing orders.

2) On a recent order the plants arrived in good condition, but one developed severe wilt after a day despite being adequately watered. When I e-mailed Annie's to report this and the possibility I might need a replacement, their response was that it wasn't their responsibility, blaming heat stress. Their website page on shipping only mentions "extreme heat" as something that might "damage" plants. I don't consider June temps in the low 80s in my area as "extreme", and if it's much hotter at their nursery at that time of year they shouldn't ship plants or at least give ample warning before fulfilling orders that customers should expect the chance of dead or dying plants. As it happened, the wilting plant recovered after being heavily cut back and covered with a plastic bag, but customer service was still lacking in this instance.
Positive sllawrence
New Braunfels , TX (Zone 8b)
August 14, 2019
Sent this email to Annie's today (08/14/19):
Hello,

Just HAD to tell you that you deserve an Above and Beyond Award.

My order came today to Texas, current temperature 103º. Yes. One Hundred Three Degrees. I opened that box with fear and trembling, but knowing if anyone could successfully ship plants live to Texas in August it would be Annie's!

ALL 12 plants arrived in perfect condition, generous pots full, soil still moist.

Not sure how you did it - with a great packing method, care and skilled people, obviously. (And your shipper is due credit, too.)

Thanks so much for serving gardeners in the State with a Death Star for the Sun.

I'd like to add that I have never, ever lost a plant from Annie's. All have not only lived, but thrived, even the ones borderline hardy for my zone. (I love to experiment outside the horticultural box!)

Thanks so much. Group hug to everyone involved in your expert mail order system!

Cheers!

Sandy Lawrence
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
Positive Bkwyrme
Long Beach, CA
August 1, 2019
First, Annie's has one of the most delightful, tempting, and helpful catalogs I've seen, and the online catalog is searchable in multiple ways--one can combine filters to get some very specific niches filled.

Second, the variety is astounding.

Third, the plants, when they arrive, are abundantly healthy.

Finally, the packing is extraordinary. Those plants aren't going *anywhere* in that box. They are staying put, the soil is staying put, the whole setup is staying healthy.
Positive Kensey
New Orleans, LA
July 28, 2019
Annie's is my new go-to for flowering plants. I really like the shipping date estimation feature. So far it's been absolutely accurate. I also appreciate the notification when something has shipped.
What really impresses me is the way the plants are packaged. They place tissue on top of the containers to keep soil from falling out and package each plant in a way as to avoid damage. I have been so frustrated by other big name stores in the past because when I open the box, there's dirt everywhere, broken stems, and on occasion, a nearly dead plant. I have not experienced this with any of Annie's plants. They arrive carefully packaged and perfectly healthy. Everything I've ordered is thriving in my garden!
Positive Fallbrookguy
Fallbrook, CA
July 22, 2019
In years past when in the Bay Area I've often purchased Annie's plants at their Richmond location. Shopping in person at this incomparable, unique nursery is an experience not to be missed by any true gardening enthusiast but this however was my first time placing an order thru their website for delivery to my home in Southern California. Now after receiving my purchases, I just can't say enough about how impressed I am with the condition everything arrived in. Their specialized boxes are made expressly for packing and transport of nursery pots. Plants aren't removed from their containers nor are the needlessly pruned back or tied up and crushed since their boxes allow each pot to be held securely in place. Everything arrives in the exact same perfect condition as if I had just selected them myself at their nursery. I'll definitely be a returning mail order Annie's customer!
Negative Mshugge
New Castle, CO
July 13, 2019
Purchased 15 plants in May 2019. Upon receipt, 5 of the plants (all the same kind) were in very poor condition. Contacted the company within 2 days.

Customer service said I needed to contact them in 24 hours? That's ridiculous. I tried nurturing the plants, but only 1 survived. I immediately asked for new plants.

Turns out these poor plants were the last of their batch for this year.. I did get a refund for the 4 plants ... but not for my shipping fee which was 1/3 of the plants shipped! I was told that I could have only gotten the exact same plants ... which I did request! ... but since these weren't available they wouldn't refund my shipping fee.

Its not my fault at all that they were immediately out of the same plants I ordered.

Very poor refund/exchange policy (I see this same comment from others, so I wasn't singled out). So be prepared ... if you get scrungy little plants that can't even survive the shipping .. and they are out of the plants ... doesn't matter how quickly you report this, they will NOT refund their high shipping costs.

The other odd thing is I think that I didn't get the plants I ordered. I am positive the tags were mixed up on two of the plants .. and one of the plants looks NOTHING like what I ordered from the catalog.
Positive cardiganbuttons
Boise, ID
July 1, 2019
We love Annie’s Annuals and Perennials. They care about their plants and customers very much. Their customer service is excellent. They answer questions very well too.

When I purchase plants online from them, they ship the plants with extra care. They know how to ship plants. They send plants in a clearly labeled box with inner box(es) that you can lift very easily out of the outer shipping box. Each plant is protected so that the soil will not spill, the plant will stand upright, and they will not move in the box.

We ordered twice in the past, and all the plants arrived in very good shape. When you open the box, you can feel how much they care.

We have ordered plants from other places and they were not very good. We decided we will only order live plants from Annie’s from now on. Highly recommended!
Negative Pelle4
Placentia, CA
June 28, 2019
I ordered 3 clarkias and 1 alstroemeria 'tricolor' in early spring. I was surprised that the clarkias did not have an establised root system. One of the clarkias fell apart in my hands. Of the three only one survived. The alstoremeria was planted in a sunny location with amended soil. The plant immedialty died back. I thought it had gone dormant and took no action. The alstroemeria has not broke ground, it is not coming back.
I called Annie's Annuals. The feed back was very disappointing. After questioning my planting techniques, I was told I had waited too long to report the problem. They did not replace the plant or offer a refund.
Don't waste your money, this company does not stand by their products.

Company representative comment on July 1, 2019:
On Jul 1, 2019 2:47 PM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

Hi Pelle4 - thank you for the feedback! We are sorry the Alstroemeria ‘Tricolor’ you purchased in February did not survive and appreciate the opportunity to work with you to make it right. We do have a 30-day policy for failed plants that is noted in the catalog and online under our FAQ page and we always want to hear from customers right away if their plants fail to thrive in the guaranteed window. We would like to try and make things right so that you are satisfied with the end result. If you could give us a call at 1.888.266.4370, we can work out the details.

Positive Rtmalone10
Los Angeles, CA
June 27, 2019
Just received my first ever order of 16 plants from Annie's Annuals - and I was so impressed by the good, secure packaging and the condition that the plants were in. All the plants were healthy and green and the soil was damp.I can't wait to plant them tonight. I also love the catalog and website. Keep up the great work! I will be a customer for a long time. Thank you!
Positive Fleur2
Wellfleet, MA
June 25, 2019
Recently I placed my first order with Annie’s. Wow, was I impressed with the condition of the perennials I had ordered! They were shipped across the country to me and arrived in pristine condition. I must commend the growers and shippers at Annie’s. The shipping container is brilliantly designed to hold each pot upright, with soil intact and plants fresh and perky. I have been gardening for 50 years, have had thousands of plants shipped to me, and have never had 4” pots arrive in such good condition. Kudos to Annie’s!
Positive easauer
Loveland, OH
June 14, 2019
Ordered from Annie's the first time this year. I ordered a Darmera which I can't find locally and a Pacific Ninebark. Haven't ordered a shrub by mail before. I was really pleasantly surprised. The plants looked great and after just one day of being repotted the Pacific Ninebark had new growth and spread itself out. I'm really happy with the quality I received and I love their catalog. I've already noted quite a few things I would like to order.
Positive ColorMeGreen
Elizabeth, CO
June 10, 2019
I have ordered plants from Annie's twice so far this spring. Both times the plants I received were very nice looking and the same size I would have gotten in a 4" pot from a storefront. She has also totally figured out the best way to package them! She sends an email when they ship telling you exactly what day they will arrive, which I really appreciate. Three kinds of plants that I wanted were out of stock, so I put them on my "wishlist" and when they were back in stock I received an email that I could order them. Two down, one to go. I discovered Annie's last year by accident, and boy, am I glad I did. I want to be a regular customer; I may have to enlarge my flower beds to make room for more beautiful and unusual plants!
Positive cwalke
Longview, WA (Zone 8b)
June 10, 2019
I've ordered from Annies on a couple occasions because they have plants not available elsewhere, I appreciate the care they take in shipping and the plants are usually healthy if not terrible large.
My last order arrived last month and shipping had been delayed (by UPS) for a couple days so the plants were in a bit of rough shape when I got them out of the box. One was very small and also pretty wilted, another was really quite shriveled up and broken as wel. l contacted Annies, sent photos, and was pleasantly surprised that they immediately offered to replace the plant that was broken although they didn't have any more of the other (small) plant. At any rate I ended up ordering a couple extra plants since the rep told me the replacement shipping would be free. The new plants arrived in a timely manner and were healthy and ready to plant.
Pleasantly surprised at the ease of the transaction and Andrea, the rep, was so helpful.
Positive evelyn206
Escondido, CA
June 3, 2019
All the plants were perfect and the packaging is exquisite. Not a bit of spilled soil, all the leaves were perfect, pots clean, etc. Whoever designed their packaging is a genius!
Positive jcryer
Dickinson, TX
May 30, 2019
Posted on May 28, 2019, updated May 30, 2019
I ordered from Annie\'s Annuals in April. One of the plants I ordered was crushed in shipping. I called them and they replaced the damaged plant quickly and asked if I would like to order any additional plants with the order since the box could hold three more with no additional shipping.

So I ordered 3 more plants. A total of 7 plants in two orders.

The first two chrysocephalum plants I ordered have struggled and finally just wilted away. In the second order I got two helichrysum plants and a chrysocephalum plant and these three plants have struggled as well. I have been gardening for years. I have ordered three other chrysocephalum plants from Proven Winners and they have done fine.

I send an email with pictures of the chrysocephalum and helichrysum plants and asked for advice, they are horribly wilted and I have done everything I know to do. I use the same soil, same location in my yard and water the same. I have never had this experience with plants. A rep called me back and after explaining, she replied to me, \"well we are not going to keep replacing plants.\" I informed her that they only replaced one that was crushed in shipping, and these that have died are additional plants I have purchased. Although hesitant I wanted to reorder and try again. I was informed that I would have to pay for shipping or be given and gift card.

When I informed the rep that I was not sure I was going to order again from Annie\'s Annuals, she replied \"oh ok\" with the tone that implied \"I don\'t care\". I didn\'t complain in my email, in fact I wrote that I am not trying to complain, but I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I sent in a formal complaint and asked for a refund. I have not heard a word. I am disappointed, they had some interesting plants. I order from two other companies on line and have not had a plant die yet.
On May 30th, 2019, jcryer changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

ANNIE'S ANNUALS CONTACTED ME AND THE ISSUE HAS BEEN CORRECTED. I AM PLEASED WITH THE RESPONSE AND THE ACTION TO CORRECT A MISUNDERSTANDING AND MISCOMMUNICATION. WILL CONTINUE TO PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY.
Company representative comment on May 28, 2019:
On May 28, 2019 3:58 PM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

Hello,

We are sorry that your second shipment of plants did not do well! Our offices were closed over the long weekend, but a representative should have been in touch today to sort out a solution.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if a shipment arrives in poor condition - your plants are guaranteed, and we guarantee we will make it right!

Positive apeaceofmyart
Woodland, CA
May 22, 2019
I've made numerous online nursery purchases and have never had my items packaged with the care given by Annie's Annuals. In addition, the quality of the plants I received was far better than I'd expected for mail order. The plants arrived thriving and ready for planting. I will be a repeat customer for sure.
Positive brahmabantam
Naches, WA
May 10, 2019
This is my first year ordering live plants through the mail, though I’ve been gardening for decades. My first experience with Annie’s is overwhelmingly positive. I received live plants this week from Annie’s, Bluestone perennials, and Burpee. Annie’s plants were in FAR better shape than either of the other orders. The Annie’s plants showed no stress, were moist, well packaged, and with flower blossoms. Plants I received from the other two companies were partially alive and terribly dry (it has been in the 70s, so pretty warm for May in our neck-of-the-woods - and to their credit, Bluestone is shipping replacement plants at no extra fee, but I’d rather have healthy plants from the get-go). I don’t understand why Bluestone and Burpee ship their plants so slowly. Most of the Bluestone and Burpee plants that survived the shipping look terrible and who wants terrible looking plants in a perennial garden, even if they will recover in a few weeks? But Annie’s shipped our plants 2-day shipping. The Annie’s plants look fabulous. What great care Annies takes with wrapping each plant individually in wax paper, secured with rubber bands. I am super impressed. Next time I want live plants I will only order from Annie’s. If I want dead plants, well I guess I know where to order those too...

No, to be serious, Annie’s has my business for sure. I will recommend them to all my gardening friends too. Great company. THANK YOU Annie’s, for giving us such beautiful live plants for our garden.
Positive potter123_
Loma Mar, CA
May 4, 2019
just an email to let you know that all 6 plants in my ordered arrived today intact, in great shape, each bundled into their own space in the carrier.
no soil was spilled, due to the expertly paper wrapped & rubber banded cover.
this new packaging far exceeds what had previously been used to ship plants from your nursery.
great job on the innovative packaging, i now know that i can order from annie's annuals w/o having to worry
about plant loss and/or damage.
Positive zoernerl
Nampa, ID
April 24, 2019
Best packaging & delivery for mail order plants I've ever had. I ordered viola etain, and when they came I had a hard time getting them out, but all my plants were lush and in full bloom. This vendor is head and shoulders above the rest of the pack.
Positive LesRoses
Santa Fe, NM
March 22, 2019
The hardy geraniums "Rozanne" that we ordered recently arrived on the date promised and in perfect condition. They were expertly packed and showed no shipping damage whatsoever. Because temperatures here are still below freezing at night, we are keeping the plants in the garage, but taking them out for sun during the day. They are all growing vigorously, and we can hardly wait until conditions are right for us to plant them in the garden, where they will join other hardy geraniums that do well here and are nice companions to our shrub and old garden roses. Thank you, Annie's Annuals and Perennials, for the excellent quality of your plants, as well the superb selection. We will be ordering from you again!!
"Les Roses," Santa Fe, NM
Positive strobotron
amsterdam,
Netherlands
March 20, 2019
very healthy plants, packed with the greatest care - highly recommended!
Positive cactusjumper
Glendale, AZ (Zone 9b)
March 14, 2019

The order arrived quickly on the day that I was promised.

Color me impressed. EXCELLENT packaging and the plants came unharmed. Really ! ! The packaging is amazing. I have never received plants that were so well packaged with such thought and care. Not a single leaf or stem was harmed. Blew me away with the biodegradable packing peanuts. I have never heard of them before. Very aware of the common type and hate it when I get them in packages. These actually made me smile when I read what they are made from and that they were not harmful to the environment. GREAT JOB y'all.

Dennis
Negative imwinniesdad
Whitmore, CA
August 25, 2018
BEWARE. They send small greenhouse grown plants and will NOT refund or replace their weak seedlings that don't survive in the real world
Company representative comment on January 18, 2019:
On Jan 18, 2019 2:34 PM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

We understand how disappointing a plant loss can be. A refund for the Psoralea fleta was processed on July 5, 2018 two days after we received the news. A replacement was not advised because the daytime temperatures were consistently 90 degrees or above.

Positive adeleon1956
Pico Rivera, CA
August 3, 2018
I LOVE Annie's Annuals! I received my amazing Moon Flower vines about two weeks ago and wanted to drop a line to tell everyone how fabulous they are doing. They came wrapped so beautifully and securely and I planted them in their special pot, with a trellis, the next day after receiving them and they’ve just taken off! I can hardly wait for them to bloom. I highly recommend Annie's Annuals for all of your plant needs.
Negative carolstropicals
Bellaire, TX
July 25, 2018
Posted on July 21, 2016, updated July 25, 2018
What a Great Company !!
I bought 2 plants. Their container and wrapping were Excellent. In fact, the best I have had out of all my online plant purchases.
I received one of these plants last year from another company in a smaller container. I had to move it to a slightly larger size and it died.
The containers \"Annies\" plants came in were oversized. I didn\'t have to move this replacement plant from last year to a larger container.
Especially in the Heat. The packing and plants were Over the Top in
Quality and Wrapping.
Carol Smith.
On July 25th, 2018, carolstropicals changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

Please don't order plants from Annie's Annuals if you live in a hot climate. Middle America or the south. They state their plants can live in zone 10/11 - not true. They will only live in coastal cooler areas of the US.
These are the plants I lost from ordering in 3/18

Bomarea Hirtella
Navajo Fleabane
Three Birds Flying
Penstemon

The order on 3/17 was addressed to the co (dead plants) 3 months after warranty since they didn't die until the heat came. With directness some of these were refunded.
This year 3/18 I should have known better than to order from them again.
I told this company in 2017 to stop claiming that plants could take the heat all the way to zone 11. No company claims this. They did not listen. Their plants live only on the coastal part of California which is totally different from our heat in the south or even middle America. This is why no other nursery sells these plants.
I let them know that I was leaving bad feedback on this site. They didn't even respond.

Company representative comment on February 7, 2019:
On Feb 7, 2019 10:32 AM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

We're sorry to hear you've had poor luck with some of our plants. When we refer to zone hardiness, it is in reference to a plant's ability to withstand the average annual minimum winter temperatures in that zone (ie: the coldest). Zone hardiness doesn't have anything to do with whether a plant is tolerant to heat or humidity - and unfortunately, the plants you have listed above are not advised for hot or humid climates.
We do have categories on our website to help you find plants that will thrive in hot and/or humid climates - and you can see those plant lists here: http://www.anniesannuals.com/plants/lists/.
Please give us a call if you have any questions.M -F, 8-4 PST 888-266-4370 option #1 or by email: [email protected].

Positive Buddhabear
Severna Park, MD
July 9, 2018
I have been a returning customer for 15 years. Ive ordered while living in California and after moving to Maryland. Without fail Annie's Annuals has always provided me with healthy, vigorous, hard to find, rare, beautiful plants that succeed in my gardens. The seaonal catalogs themselves are works of Art, chock full of inspiration, ideas, and usefull information. As a Master Gardener I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Annie's no matter where you live! Their plants and customer service are simply incomparable!
Positive Greenman2711
Dallas, TX (Zone 8a)
June 29, 2018
Thank you, my plants are doing extremely well here in Dallas. You have such a diverse and unique specimens!!. We are reworking our landscape, we have new irrigation and exterior lighting!! I have searched so many nursery sights and I have yet to see another like Annie's Annuals & Perennials. Thank you and will definitely keep ordering from you, and certainly recommend your nursery. Magnificent plants, fantastic selection and lots of useful information! Peace to y’all,

All the best;
Amy in Dallas, TX
Positive AgilityPom
North Highlands, CA
June 21, 2018
This is the first time I've purchased from Annie's Annuals. I bought several plants. They were shipped on the day I requested shipping, and I received them the day after that. They are very healthy and look great. Two of them even have blossom buds, which is a plus. I will definitely purchase from Annie's Annuals again.
Positive Suzkling
Bandon, OR
June 7, 2018
Posted on March 2, 2015, updated June 7, 2018
Annie\'s Annuals/Perennials is my favorite online nursery...I have ordered many times....their plants arrive in the most perfect packaging imaginable and ready to go into the ground.....they have a decent root structure and are always healthy......their catalog gets the highest creative fun stars........I feel defensive of them and can only ask the negative reviewers some simple questions......like, why do you expect them to hold your order until your weather is better when you placed the order to begin with.......that\'s your responsibility.........I could break out into a rant here...........ok, I\'m in OR and they are in CA.....similar zone-age...........so people! use common sense and don\'t order plants that aren\'t going to be happy in your zone.............there, there Annie\'s.........you keep doing what you always do............there will always be those of us who water your shrine...........
On June 7th, 2018, Suzkling added the following:

I've ordered many plants from many online nurseries ....Annie's Annuals/Perennials is the best online nursery available......200 big fat blue/not purple stars! ......
Positive Dcdake
San Jose, CA
June 6, 2018
I ordered some ground cover for the first time from an on-line nursery. The plants were packed very well and all of the plants were in wonderful condition. It was a good experience from Annie's Garden.
Positive KMHC
Redding, CA
May 10, 2018
We are longtime customers of Annie's Annuals and couldn't be happier. Annie's has provided outstanding and friendly service, healthy and flourishing plants, and on-time delivery. We highly recommend Annie's Annuals.
Positive jhroney
Montecito, CA
May 4, 2018
I have purchases plants through mail order for years. My experience with Annie's was Amazing! The plants arrived beautifully packaged and in perfect condition. The postage was less than I had expected. Can't recommend Annie's more highly!! Jane Roney, Santa Barbara
Positive nananina1
Worcester, MA
May 2, 2018
I ordered 6 strawberry plants from Annie's and was amazed at the superb quality of these plants. They are large, well-rooted and a vibrant green. They were expensive (with the shipping) but considering the material I have bought from other sites they are well worth the money. Outstanding!!
Positive DMSOregon
Roseburg, OR
April 26, 2018
I love this Nursery for it's unique collection, and yes the shipping costs are high but the shipping packages make it worth it. I'm fortunate because I have a greenhouse with a mist system and as soon as I receive my boxes I get them open and the plants go under the mist to recover from the shipping shock. If I can't get them in the ground within a few days they are potted up to 1 gal. containers and fed a weak liquid N. tea, sometimes a small amount of willow tea added for the hormones to encourage new root growth. I've never lost a plant from Annie's. If I'm paying a premium price, you can be sure they're going to be babied.
Positive sagecollector
Huntington Beach, CA
April 14, 2018
So thankful for Annie's Annuals! Great selection of rare plants I cannot find at any of my local nurseries. Plants came super fast, well protected and all in very healthy condition! Couldn't be happier. ;)
Positive timed100
Buffalo, NY
April 13, 2018
I have ordered plants from Annies several times over the years and they are always in great condition when they arrive - often larger than I was expecting. My last order was in early April and they contacted me to ask if i wanted the plants sent that early because they were concerned about weather conditions in my area. They were sent and arrived quickly and safely!
Positive ogre44
Framingham, MA
April 4, 2018
Made a big, for us, order from Annies for early April delivery to Massachusetts. Annie's called to warn me that temps in the 20's were forecast for the delivery period and that they could not guarantee live delivery under those circumstances. I wanted what I wanted and decided to take the chance on live delivery, and the plants arrived today, in a cold rain, in perfect condition. Their packing is superior, and seemingly proof against transport by FedEx. Snow forecast for tomorrow and again next week so the new kids will be under the lights for a while but Annie's will see more of me in the future.
Positive Adsppk
Las Vegas, NV
March 13, 2018
Plants arrived on time in very good condition well package with planting instructions I would recommend Annie’s for all your needs
Negative katanknits
Santa Monica, CA
January 16, 2018
I do wish things had gone better. I ordered a late fall shipment, which of course is not the best time for most companies, but the only good time for me to plant in SoCal. Plants arrived beautifully packed, and all were growing. I was a bit sad to find they were all planted in shallow pots--but figured the nursery knows what it's doing. So far so good. I put them outside in the shade for a couple of days to recover before planting (temp around 70 degrees), and things started to go downhill. Many flopped over, or started to rot. I sorted through them to see what was wrong and whether I dared plant them in the garden, and discovered, first, that they were all in very heavy dirt, no perlite or vermiculite, and without good drainage, some were drowning. I also discovered that about a third of them were completely root-bound, while another third had just been transplanted from plugs and had barely started to send out further roots (if at all). The last third had fine root balls, but some of these were just over-saturated from the lack of drainage in the soil. With some tender care and re-potting, some of these survived. Some are struggling, and about 1/3 died despite my attempts to salvage. None of them are thriving, unlike the plants I received from other nurseries about the same time. They have a great selection of interesting items, but the plants were just not cared for. Perhaps they do not really have stock for late fall/winter shipping, but if so, they should let customers know.
Company representative comment on January 26, 2018:
On Jan 26, 2018 4:54 PM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

Hi katanknits - We are sorry to hear about your experience with our plants. We understand your disappointment. We guarantee plants arrive in excellent shape, ready to go in the ground and if ever you have any problems or questions, we are more than happy to sort things out. Please give us a call anytime M-F, 8-4 PST 888-266-4370 option #1 or by email: [email protected].

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]