The scoop on 'Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner)'

Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner)

Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner) has 2873 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner) is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

25976 S 524 Rd
Park Hill, Oklahoma 74451 (United States)

Phone: 1-918-453-0771

Visit Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner) at:

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on November 8, 2004:
Sooner Plant Farm is an Online Retail Plant Company specializing in growing
and shipping Landscape quality plants and trees. We value every customer
and take extreme pride in the plants we grow and our customer service. Our
main goal is to provide every customer with plants and service that they
will be glad to tell their family and friends about. We want you to be
pleasantly surprised with your online plant purchase from us, so we go the
extra mile in shipping large, healthy, and well packaged plant material.

Sooner Plant Farm is an actual nursery established in 1996 and we grow most
of the plant material we sell. We do purchase some selected and exclusive
items from the finest nurseries in the country, so rest assured you are
getting the very best the industry has to offer.

Our product line includes over 1500 popular and TOP RATED landscape and
garden plants. From 100 different Ornamental Grasses to over 250 Flowering
Perennials, 250 Shade and Flowering Tree varieties, 400 Evergreen &
Flowering Shrubs, and almost 60 Japanese Maple Trees ( The World's most
admired tree)! Fruit Trees and small fruit, and hundreds of Rose varieties.

Every plant we sell is shipped in the growing pot, (no bare roots here).
Potted plant material is always the best way to go if you want great
livability, fast establishment and fast growth.

We appreciate all the positive comments from our past customers and hope we
can earn your plant business and positive comments.

//www.soonerplantfarm.com

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive DoberDi
Hilton Head Island, SC
May 21, 2018
Posted on May 21, 2018, updated May 21, 2018
I have been only started buying plants from Sooner Plant Farm this year as they came up on a web search for Dogwood Trees. I was impressed when i called about one variety of dogwood, and the gentleman i spoke with went out to their nursery and checked on the condition of the two trees they had in stock. He called back shortly and said he didnt feel good about either tree and would i wait until September for a better tree. Wow! Did not sell me an inferior product even though it was in stock! I was impressed. So i ordered 5 other dogwoods and will get the last variety in Seotember. Every tree came in outstanding condition. We planted them exactly as directed, and all 5 are thriving! Cant wait to get the last one planted.
On May 21st, 2018, DoberDi added the following:

I also ordered several hibiscus plants, and they all came dormant. I planted them all as directed, and all but one have flurished. However, one plant never did a thing. Completely and permanently dormant. I know that they say their plants are guaranteed only upon arrival, and i had given this little hibiscus about 3 months to show any sign of life. I contacted Sooner and asked how long should it take to see leaves, because all the others were fully leafed out and this one had nothing. They asked for a picture, sent a picture, and they immediately shipped me a new plant! This one fully leafed out, and much bigger and better than the first plant. This is service! I will ALWAYS check Sooner FIRST before shopping anywhere else for ANY plant need. They have, BY FAR, the absolute best qyality plants, extensive selection, and incredible customer service! 💖💖💖💖💖
Positive TeaLeaves
mecosta, MI (Zone 5a)
May 19, 2018
I ordered a Sunsation magnolia and was expecting a small whip. I am amazed at what a large specimen they sent me! I can't wait for it to become established! I will certainly shop Sooner Plant Farm again!
Positive medicineman716
Center Moriches, NY
May 19, 2018
Words cannot fully express the wonderful experience I had with Colin and Sooner Plant Farm. I ordered a Mimosa and everything in the order process went smoothly and all the communication from Sooner was great! However, UPS told me and Sooner the tree was delivered and it was not. After MANY communications with UPS they FINALLY sent the required claims forms to Colin/Sooner. In the interim, Colin and Sooner were in constant contact with me and they were so wonderful in shipping me a replacement tree right away! Again, their communication was great and yes, the second tree arrived and is being planted today! It is in great shape and a wonderful specimen and know it will do really well! You don't always get to deal with a company with great customer service like Sooner. I have been in healthcare for over 40 years and understand the importance of being honest, courteous, understanding and "doing the right thing" for people. I must say that Sooner and Colin are all these things and more and definitely give them a 5 star rating and recommend you utilize them!
Neutral BlueRidgeMtnGrl
Penrose, NC
May 18, 2018
Posted on May 18, 2018, updated May 18, 2018
We recently ordered a weeping cherry from Sooner. It was supposed to be delivered on a Friday but UPS didn\'t deliver it until Monday.

When it arrived I was home and unpacked it right away. While I was very happy with the size of the tree and the packaging, the top 25% or so was wilted and turning brown, likely from being left in a hot truck over the weekend.

I contacted Sooner and they replied that we should prune off the bad leaves and branches and it should be fine. We did prune it and went ahead and planted it. By the end of the day Thurs another 25% or so of the leaves and branches were turning brown and wilting and the leaves that were green were wilted.

I contacted them again (sent pics both times) and asked that the plant be replaced or that I be given a refund, and their response was to ask me if we planted it correctly. It was damaged when we received it!

So needless to say I am quite unhappy and am not sure what the final outcome will be. It was a $90 tree and I would expect to receive a healthy tree or have it replaced/refunded.

I will update my rating depending on the outcome. I am very disappointed as this company has so many good reviews, which is why I chose them.
On May 18th, 2018, BlueRidgeMtnGrl changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

After posting this review, I got an email from Sooner saying they are shipping another tree on Monday, so I've changed my rating to neutral. I am somewhat disappointed that it took a negative review here to get either another tree or a refund but am looking forward to receiving my tree.

Company representative comment on May 19, 2018:
On May 19, 2018 5:41 AM, Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner) responded with:

Unfortunately UPS did not deliver the plant as scheduled causing a weekend delay. Customer is correct the delay most likely caused a shock to the plant. In most cases the plant will recover once planted and given some time to adjust. We attempted to ask the customer a couple basic questions regarding the planting of the tree to offer advice on how best to proceed, whether that be to give the plant some time to recover or for us to reship or refund. Unfortunately in this instance the customer was not willing to wait, so we are promptly shipping a replacement plant to hopefully gain this customers trust. For those reading this, please know UPS considers plants as perishable items and does not cover them if damaged or delayed in transit. This means all replacement plants are completely at the at the the shippers expense. Because shipping really is not free and in many cases cost more than the plant itself, we truly appreciate customers that are willing to communicate with us and give the plant a chance to recover. However if after communicating we deem the plant is damaged or not recovering, we will reship or offer a refund which ever is appropriate and acceptable. However please know we will take care of the issue in the best way possible for both parties. As customers ourselves we know the difference between good customer service and poor customer service, and as our reputation on this forum testifies, we will address all problems appropriately.

owner

Positive chipstein
Atlanta, GA
April 25, 2018
Ordered three dwarf crape myrtles. Two arrived dormant and soon began to bud exuberantly. One was stone dead, and remained so. After receiving a phone call and a photo, Sooner sent a replacement, which just arrived in excellent health. Five stars.
Positive Patt52
Rydal, GA (Zone 7b)
April 23, 2018
Ordered my two JM's this past fall and was shipped at my request last week. What a pleasure it was to finally get to order and receive trees from this Company, the package arrived on time and not a leaf out of place. All I can say is Wow, and I will be ordering again soon! Thanks so much Sooner, for all you do and God Bless!!
Positive ginothad35
Acworth, GA
April 15, 2018
All of the plants that I have bought have arrived on time, healthy and large enough that they bloom the first year. Customer service is outstanding and they pride themselves on excellence. They possesses the qualities necessary in a plant farm Ė the ability to balance the needs of the farm with the greater needs of the customer. Quality plants at a reasonable price, backed by an organization dedicated to customer satisfaction.
Positive Charby
Cedar Falls, IA
October 12, 2017
After having a respected Nursery fail me, setting things back ten days as well, I messaged the after hours business email address of Sooner Plant Farms with a request. Manager Colin Mcinnes was kind enough to email back that if I ordered the specimen tree that I desired the next day from them, it in my hands within an estimated 48hours. I was a happy man once again, and pleased indeed when Sooner came through as promised and with the root pouch planting method. I will never again plant a container grown tree because the handles of Sooner's root pouch make the lifting and positioning of the tree into the hole so much easier and the pouch makes for a much more sure planting transition. The obvious higher quality of care that my tree has had growing in their nursery makes them my "Go To" from this day forward. They are competent and confident nurserymen, so say we all, and a special thanks to Colin Mcinnes for his "over the top" effort to make things happen fast!
Positive kanron
Topeka, KS
September 28, 2017
Terrific plants well packaged and shipped quickly. One of my favorite places for stuff I can't find locally. Today's batch was some Mini-Penny Hydrangea, which were beautiful in the box and are now planted.
Positive Cdl
Cottonwood Falls, KS
August 26, 2017
Great resource for trees and shrubs! They send detailed instructions on how to plant with little fertilizer packets. I found them to be very helpful along every step of the growing process. If I ran into trouble, I would send a picture and they would make suggestions to get the plant healthy again. Very hands-on and helpful. The way trees and plants are packaged for shipping is foolproof.....even the UPS driver said he wished all companies packaged their plants as well as Sooner's. The quality is good, and they stand behind their product completely. It's a nice resource for someone like me who does not live near a nursery. If they are out of a product, they will call and tell you when it is back in stock. I can't recommend this company enough, because I would have a much more barren landscape without Sooner's! Their service is better than a lot of brick and mortar stores. Don't hesitate to mail-order from them.
Positive robeezee3
Millstone Township, NJ (Zone 6a)
July 30, 2017
Posted on July 30, 2017, updated July 30, 2017
I placed two orders with Sooner.
The first was for a new variety of Campsis, which I sent to my sister. She reported that it was a very large specimen, arrived in good condition, very vigorous, packed well, and it is doing well in her garden.

I then ordered 15 Heuchera plants and 1 Abelia shrub. This past Friday, the shipment arrived with all plants intact and in very fine condition. Since the plants had been inside a dark box for 4 days, I followed Sooner\'s directions, and allowed them to acclimate in semi-shade for a day.

I have not needed to contact Sooner, which is as I prefer it with any vendor. Their goods were superior and required no follow up, just prompt planting, following their directions.

They will be my go-to mail order plantsmen from now on. They\'re not cheap, but I believe their charges are appropriate for the quality of their plant material.
On July 30th, 2017, robeezee3 added the following:

PS. The Abulia was supplied in the conventional 1 gallon pot, and the Heuchera were supplied in the "Eco-Gallon containers". On the Eco-gallons, I used a razor blade to cit some slits in the non-woven cloth to ensure that the roots would contact the soil faster. The Eco-containers are very easy to work with.
Negative ncollin
Royal Oak, MI
July 18, 2017
O ordered a small tree and two months later it died. They did not stand behind their product although their web site says they will one time. Save your money and buy elsewhere
Company representative comment on July 18, 2017:
On Jul 18, 2017 12:57 PM, Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner) responded with:

Customer voluntarily chose ship now which was outside out recommended shipping schedule, which our checkout page clearly states if selected, would void all guarantees. We are located in Oklahoma and in April our plants are much greener and softer than in April in Michigan. For that reason we must recommend shipping times that would limit losses for both us and the customer. Unfortunately we are sorry this did not work out well for the customer or us.
Respectfully submitted

Positive kansasgardenguy
Goddard, KS
July 3, 2017
I have made several purchases through the years from the folks at Sooner. I always quickly receive large, healthy plants! Their packaging is second to none, certainly able to take anything that UPS can do to it - and we all probably know what UPS can do to a package at times.

Whenever I need something that I cannot find first at my local nursery, they are my "go to" source for plants.

Prompt, professional and very courteous! Have zero fear when ordering from Sooner!
Positive beeplo
Ithaca, NY (Zone 5a)
May 22, 2017
I have ordered from Sooner three times and have always been happy. They take great care in packaging. I've never had a broken twig or leaf amazingly even though the plants travel across the country. They called me once about one order because they were not happy with the quality of a plant and didn't want to ship it and suggested a replacement. I appreciate that care and attention to detail and customer satisfaction.
Positive bondra76
Castle Pines, CO (Zone 5b)
May 20, 2017
Ordered an Eastern Redbud from Sooner Farm and it just arrived yesterday

Selection on their website is fantastic - they seem to have everything that I am looking for and different variations of trees (multi-stemmed vs. single stemmed). Their prices seem to be a tad bit higher than most, but quality is there.

Ordering experience was fantastic. I love that you can use Paypal. They amended my order to switch from a single stem tree to multi stem tree and it was no problem. Customer service is almost instantaneous.

Shipping of the tree was awesome - it came in a box that definitely was cared for, and the tree looks incredibly healthy. The root system is wrapped tight and looks healthy as well. I was trying very hard to find anything wrong with the tree but I couldn't - it was green and glowing. My biggest fear of ordering something online is getting a tree that's dilapidated or the "worst of the bunch" on the lot but that did not happen here.

Will use them again for sure. I'm giving them a positive review but my only hesitation is price point. Sometimes I can find competitors with lower prices, but I can't always guarantee they will have the same quality as Sooner.
Positive DJMacP
Fort Washington, MD
April 22, 2017
I had a hard time tracking down a source for 42 holly plants to replace my pool privacy hedge. Sooner Plant Farm came through for me. I found the number and size of plants I needed. They arrived yesterday in perfect condition and larger than I expected. All are perfectly labeled (as to male/female) and I'll put them in the ground tomorrow with the booster packages that came with the order. I am a very satisfied customer! Thank you.
Positive GrandMarie
Franklin, TN
April 18, 2017
What a pleasure to see a company like Sooner Plant Farm . This was my first time ordering from them as a business woman in my 80's,I was apprehensive. Colin, immediately answered questions same day !Each time I had a concern or question, it was answered that day. SOONER PLANT FARM IS AMAZING. Will remain a customer for life. Good old fashion customer care and all of my orders arrived beautiful and healthy. God Bless Sooner Plant Farm and COLIN!!!
Positive Archetas
Olney, MD
November 10, 2016
This is the first time I've ordered live plants online. Ordering at the end of Sonner's plant guaranteed cutoff period, I ordered 5 azalea's (3 varieties) and a hydrangea. Colin worked with me during the process and verified he could get all the plants prepped and shipped the week of delivery. Tracking the plants was easy, and delivery was prompt and during the time frame expected.

I was sure my planting environment was correct for sunlight, drainage, pH, and nutrients, and was home when the shrubs arrived. I ignorantly ordered 3 gallon plants and expected them to be bigger (thinking of trees instead of shrubs), but they are honestly quite large for 3 gallon plants, certainly larger than my local markets 3 gallon azaleas. Additionally, these shrubs have more growth and foliage than the plants available at my local nurseries. I don't think I could have received better plants at a better price. The shrubs have been in the ground 2 weeks now and are doing great. I will be ordering again come spring time.

Charles
Positive nmarshall
Maumelle, AR
October 1, 2016
I ordered 3 "Little Honey" hydrangeas. They were shipped at the appropriate time for planting. I was pleased with their size and condition. They are thriving. Compared to a previous shipment from another company, these were much better for similar price.
Positive BostonDavid
Boston, MA
June 30, 2016
I had put my name on a waiting list for Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' and when I was notified that one was available, I ordered immediately. My well grown tree arrived in perfect condition, at least 4 feet tall, well branched, covered in leaves with fresh emerging 'coral' growth. I planted it the next day and even though that was only a week ago, it appears perfectly healthy and thriving and happy in its new home.Excellent packing, shipping and customer service. Thank you.
Positive skyg1831
Lynbrook, NY
May 28, 2016
placed an order and received order quickly and as requested (timeframe). One plant, however, was damaged in shipping because it broke loose from how it was fastened. Many branches broken, but the plant seemed salvageable. Wrote an email to let them know and got a near immediate response!! They were willing to replace the plant, but I thought it could be salvaged and let them know this.

wonderful communication! Plants beautifully grown, well-packed and shipped.
Positive rosefool
Grapevine, TX
May 28, 2016
I can't say enough about Sooner Plant Farm! I recently received another order from them and even though I expect quality from this company, I am still amazed every time I open a box of plants. First of all, the plants are invariably larger than expected. Most importantly, they are clearly vigorous and healthy. They use packing techniques that I have never since anywhere else. I have ordered several good-size trees, for example, and they have a system of packing that keeps the tree absolutely stable and upright, and looks like an engineer designed it. I have talked to employees on the phone quite a few times to get info, and they have all been knowledgeable and courteous. I've never had any issues with an order, but feel certain they would do anything to make it right. I have ordered all kinds of things from them, but I especially like their large selection of trees and shrubs, which includes many that are hard to find.
Positive dlevy
Siasconset, MA
May 28, 2016
I order a lot of plants.Even larger shrubs.SOONER has never let me down.They have accommodated my need for special shipping.They have sent plants to Nantucket Island and to Savannah,Georgia for me.They plants arrive in great shape,beautiful,well marked with correct planting info..I am crazy about Sooner Plant farm.
Positive Adrienneny
Staten Island, NY (Zone 6b)
May 24, 2016
My favorite general plant store online. Top notch plants and plant selection plus prompt, friendly service. Outstanding!
Positive 1alh1
Sidney, OH (Zone 6a)
May 16, 2016
A few days ago, I received my order from Sooner Plant Farm: 3 crape myrtles in one-gallon containers. They arrived with every leaf intact and in perfect condition. They were also much larger than I expected, so I'm very pleased with my purchase. I've ordered crape myrtles from other sources in the past, and their longevity has ranged from DOA to less than a year. Since I'm starting with extremely healthy plants, I'm hoping that this time will be different. I love the variety that Sooner Plant Farm offers. Their website provides beautiful photos and good descriptions, but the search engine is somewhat clumsy. In addition, some plants are listed by common name, while others are found only by Latin name, e.g. Lagerstroemia instead of Crape Myrtle. However, I'll take strong and healthy plants any day over minor website glitches.
Positive patsdogs
Shawnee, OK
September 23, 2015
I have ordered a lot of plants over the years, and Sooner Plant Farm is by far the best company I have ever found. The packing for shipping is very well done so that nothing is ever damaged en route and the plants are habitually larger than any others I have ever received, by a long ways! The quality is exceptional. No spindly little things from Sooner! Yes, the shipping can be a bit pricey, but it's within reason, and it's very true that you get what you pay for. Yes, there are some other good companies out there, but I have never found one that comes even close to comparing to what Sooner offers in size and quality. They quickly became my go-to place to shop!
Positive Yvonneb
Rockton, IL
July 26, 2015
I too can not say enough about this business. I received my plants within two days of placing order. The packaging was the best thing I have ever had shipped to me. Furniture, etc usually comes damaged so I was wondering how are these plants going to make it by being shipped. Incredible how they were packaged and wrapped, not even a handful of dirt out of place in the two boxes I received. They were courteous and knowledgable. I would use sooner plant farm again as well as tell others about him. Don't hesitate for one moment ordering from them. Quality, quality on every level.
Positive AngEngland
Atoka, OK
July 17, 2015
I ordered a large Japanese Maple and wanted to make sure I was getting a good option for the unique space I was trying to fit. I had it narrowed down to two or three specific ones and Brian was able to give me more information to make a better informed decision. The tree arrived in excellent condition, WELL packaged to prevent damage in shipping (Seriously - fort knox level packing protecting this bad boy) and the tree has done VERY well for the past year.

Very pleased.
Positive Lovehum
June 8, 2015
Posted on August 11, 2014, updated June 8, 2015
The 3 gallon potted Lonicera sempervirens \'Major Wheeler\' honeysuckle I ordered arrived almost two feet tall and very bushy with leaves and tons of stems. The 3 gallon potted Campsis x \'HOMR\' Madame rosy resembles a bonsai tree with one thick stem two feet tall. Too bad they only offer smaller sized regular Campsis Radicans. They pack their plants in super strong cardboard. No messy necessary wrappings nor styrofoam peanuts. To save a bundle on shipping, it\'s best to buy items in pairs of the same size. Make sure you get a survey after your first order so you can get a coupon on your next order. Great variety of plants. Happy!
On June 8th, 2015, Lovehum added the following:

Also received a 3 gallon yellow trumpet vine with several trunks and lots of green growth. Sooner Plant Farm packs their shipments with strong, thick cardboard with plants strapped down to prevent damage. Generally 3 gal plants weigh 25lbs shipped in containers with soil and a thick root system and great top growth. In my experience, their shipping fees are justified.
Positive saradus
Maple Park, IL
May 27, 2015
I recently received my first order from Sooner, an Oso Easy Fragrant Spreader and Clethra Crystalina. The plants arrived healthy and were well packaged. Although the shipping may seem high, it's because the plants are shipped (full soil) in their containers. Although the two plants that I purchased were large 1 gallons, there are also larger sizes available for most plants which is awesome, because certainly sometimes I feel ok with a starter plant but other times I like a larger specimen for focal points. Nice to have those options available. In addition to the healthy plants and unique offerings, I'm impressed with the customer service. Brian called me prior to shipment to let me know that they were unable to ship a plant that I had originally ordered (a Lemon Lace Sambucus) and he was so kind and helpful, and especially patient while I mentally tried to remember plants that were on my wishlist that I could add to my order. He suggested the Clethra Crystaltina which is a great addition to my butterfly garden. I will not hesitate to order from them again and I thank them for great plants and service.
Positive SBounds2
Oklahoma City, OK (Zone 7a)
May 19, 2015
I just placed my first order with Sooner Plant Farm, and it was by far the best experience I've ever had with a mail order nursery. I have been wanting a Gatsby Star oakleaf hydrangea since I first read about it before it was even released on the market. I asked all of my local nurseries if it could be special ordered for me, but none of their suppliers had any. I searched online but could not find anything larger than a 1 gal plant, even directly from the Proven Winners website. I was thrilled to find a 3 gal plant at Sooner Plant Farm. I received my order within less than a week. While preparing to plant it I noticed 1 tag that identified it as a Gatsby Gal and another that identified it as a Gatsby Star. I received it on a Thur., notified them by email that evening and received a response on Sat. The replacement plant was shipped on Mon. and received on Tues. Best customer service ever. Largest, healthiest plant I've ever received from an online source. They are the best!
Positive Catheysgarden
Huntsville, AL
May 15, 2015
I recently ordered two Peonies, I live in Alabama. They arrived in a timely manner and the packaging was excellent. Very well boxed with both plants in it, very healthy and green and in pots. Really good instructions on exactly what to do when I unpackage and plant. I followed the instructions and the plants are now safely in the ground. I will be ordering from you again, definitely.
Positive Jenifer_B
Raven, VA
May 14, 2015
I ordered 2 Viburnum Eastern Snowball bushes. WOW. They packaged them GREAT!!! Keeping them safe and unharmed. S&H a little higher than other places I have shopped BUT it was well worth it. Beautiful plants. Big green leaves. Just gorgeous.
Positive NLMtexan
Lubbock, TX
May 8, 2015
All the personnel I spoke with each time I called were extremely helpful and patient in answering all my questions. My order arrived right on time, and the packaging was far superior to other companies from which I had ordered plants. I have ordered more than once from Sooner Plant Farm and have always been very satisfied with the quality of plants. If there is ever a problem, I am quite confident they will do all they can to fix it.
Positive rosepetal2
Danvers, MA
May 4, 2015
I operate a small garden services business with several wholesale accounts. However, when I'm looking for a one off or special order item, I purchase retail online. I buy a lot of landscape plants/trees online and frankly wasn't expecting much more than what I typically experience with an online source that grows their own stock. The reviews on Dave's Garden Watch are outstanding for this company so I went ahead an ordered a couple of items. I had questions about shipping and Brian was more than patient to suffer my insistence to ship early...I have an indoor greenhouse. But his patience paid off for me and in the end I respected his explanations and stayed with his scheduled ship date. I was pleasantly surprised at the outstanding quality of the stock, the careful packing and the overall customer service. Sooner Plant Farm is now high on my list of sources. I'll definitely be a returning repeat customer! Thank you Brian, your dedication and commitment to excellence certainly shows. Well done!
Positive jon4de
Bay Shore, NY (Zone 7a)
May 1, 2015
Ordered a couple of Blechnum spicant (deer ferns) and received them within five days of ordering. Not only were they lovely, healthy plants, but the packaging was phenomenal. Everything was in perfect shape, snug and happy with nary a broken frond or any loose soil. While the shipping fees may have seemed a bit steep, the end result was well worth it. They also included detailed planting information and other educational material, as well as fertilizer packets for each of the plants. Definitely look forward to ordering from them again.

Positive HNemerov
Bastrop, TX
March 19, 2015
I ordered from Sooner Plant Farm because of the positive feedback here at Dave's Garden. They took my order a few weeks ago, but just shipped this week. This is because it's early spring and they have a shipping schedule based on cold hardiness zones. They didn't charge my card until the plants shipped, which is the proper way to do online sales. When the plants arrived, they were excellently packed, and the tops of the pots were sealed so that soil didn't fall out during shipping. Since I ordered 2 gallon-sized plants, their tall shipping box had one upside down, but because of the way they sealed the pots, the soil in the upside down pot lost no soil. Very impressive packaging! The plants arrived 2 days after leaving the nursery, so the plants arrived fresh and just breaking dormancy. The included planting and care instructions were thorough, and they included a packet of fertilizer for each plant, to reduce transplanting shock. Very nice touch! I called them to ask about potting up one of the plants for this year, and they were knowledgeable and helpful in making sure I understood how to ensure the plant would do well in our Texas summer. I would order from Sooner Plant Farm again. My experience is that they are reliable, knowledgeable and honest, all required attributes for being a trustworthy online seller of live plants.
Positive strell
Posted on May 6, 2013, updated May 17, 2013
Posted on March 1, 2013, updated May 6, 2013
Posted on June 14, 2012, updated March 1, 2013
Posted on June 5, 2012, updated June 14, 2012
In the last few weeks, I have ordered twice from Sooner Plant Farms. I cannot say enough positive about them, their service, knowledge and wonderful selection of plants. I was AMAZED at the shipping quality and the extra mile Sooner Plant Farms went to to assure safe delivery of my order. Straps, gel, boxes with ventilation and proper packing procedures made the shipping another positive. I was thrilled. Not even a broken branch not to mention the quality of what I ordered. A 3 gallon butterfly bush was beautiful. Like on a local nursery or garden center. It is lush and budded. Total planting instructions with fertilizer accompanies the package.
I since have placed another order. Their customer service with questions is top notch. They work with you and that to me is so important to get a voice instead of a machine when you call during business hours. A friendly knowledgeable person who is a joy to work with. Thank you to them for being who they are, wonderful!!!!!
On June 14th, 2012, strell added the following:

I received a second order last week and again was thrilled with Sooner. Customer service outlines any other company I've dealt with. You can not beat their selection, plant quality and the shipping quality. No negatives here. A++++++

On March 1st, 2013, strell added the following:

Over this past winter in Upstate NY, I have reevaluated my garden and decided I spend way too much money on annuals, although lovely, are not more than one season and very costly. Sooner Plant Farm and their very professional staff has been instrumental in helping me plan my new hardscape with professional, patient and knowledgeable advice. Many phone calls and email have resulted in what I think will be a lovely garden. I must make mention that I exclusively order from Sooner Plant Farm. Their plants are triple A and packaging is amazing. Never a worry for anything I've ordered and thriving they all are. The size of the plants you receive are amazing and telling the love and care from their home to ours is of utmost importance to The Sooner Staff.
Look no further for a large variety, wonderful plants, and in these days one on one service on the telephone which is a plus in our electronic world. Thank you to Sooner Plant Farm for being the best for on line Nursery ever. Always attentive to any needs.

On May 6th, 2013, strell added the following:

Five stars!!!! All the way for Sooner. I await my large order for my summer gardening in Upstate NY. This is not my first experience nor will it be my last. I have just about eliminated going to garden centers and fighting the crowds due to Brian and Staff. Those of you who have posted know the quality and professional way they handle your plants in their packing and shipping. I have added, subtracted and been all over their site during our long Upstate NY winters to plan my garden. Brian has been so kind and helped in any way he can during one of the busiest times in the Nursery business. All my plants from the last years are thriving and are just as described.
If you plan or are thinking of ordering from an on line Nursery, look no further. They are TOPS. Can't say enough.
Thank you Brian for just about everything I can thank you for.
On May 17th, 2013, strell added the following:

I keep posting about my experience with Sooner Plant Farm because I have completed, as of yesterday, another big shipment from them, and again it is a wonderful experience. One minor problem was a couple of small plants of the same variety had some broken stems, but after talking with the owner, he was kind, asked the right questions, and made me feel like he will handle this. In an order of this size, no complaints from me. The packaging was fabulous, the plants huge and flowering....why would I go local???? The prices are equal, if not cheaper than using gas for me to run around. Best of all, the variety at Sooner is better than anywhere else, and I like the unusual. Thank you Sooner for being an exceptional Company with the finest of Service. My gardens are beautiful because of you.
On July 31st, 2013, strell added the following:

It is now August 1st and my shrubs from Sooner Plant Farm are glorious. The Knockout Roses are huge and in full bloom for second time. Butterfly Bush Holly joins the roses in full bloom with hummingbirds visiting all day. The Pink Lantana are like shrubs. They are spectacular and will always have them as an annual in the garden. I can't say enough about this Company. I keep leaving feedback because of their consistency with TOP customer service and advice. None better or nicer.
Please consider them for all garden desires. I was concerned and had some bad experiences with online nurseries. I found Sooner Plant Farm and worries no more.
I've now placed a Fall order and am anticipating the same quality plants packed to the max with "seat belts" as I call them on each plant to hold them in place while in travel. Amazing. Thank you Brian and Colin for having THE best nursery stock and so many choices.
On May 24th, 2014, strell added the following:

Another year, another ten plus for Sooner and their awesome plants and shipping quality...number one in the industry in all aspects. I have had many orders from them now and the plant size and quality never cease to amaze me. The shipping quality is the best I've seen. One very minor issue led me to interact with Colin, and within minutes the matter was closed. Colin and Brian are super and customer service is what they are all about.
I will always return to Sooner for my needs....why not, they have it all.
Thank you for being a super company to deal with. My plants from the last years are thriving and beautiful. Boomerang Lilac is in full bloom, thank you Brian for suggesting this plant. It lives up to its name.
On July 19th, 2014, strell added the following:

This year along with my own personal order, I have been ordering plants from Sooner Plant Farm for gardening friends who have a special occasion and gifts are needed. It has worked out very well. Their customer service in sending the plant or plants I've chosen to these people is wonderful. The plants have arrived in fantastic shape and are beautiful from the recipients comments. Thank you Sooner Plant Farm for helping me in my own garden and now helping friends with theirs. I love to be able to do this. Unique.
And plants for my own use are just as wonderful as always. Sooner gets five plus stars all the way around.
Positive mrs_colla
Marin, CA (Zone 9b)
July 16, 2014
Posted on July 15, 2014, updated July 16, 2014
Posted on March 8, 2007, updated July 15, 2014
I spoke with them on the phone many times, they called me to let me know a plant I ordered wasn't in, and they were super friendly.
The plants came today, budding, roots happy and big, not one broken branch. Superb packing, quality plants!
I will order again!
Thank you for your great plants and great staff!
Christie
On April 12th, 2007, mrs_colla added the following:

They sent me a plant I didn't order, it had 2 labels! It is a beautiful plant, and they let me keep it and are sending me the plant I ordered for free!
Now I will have 2 beautiful plants for the price of one!
Brian answered the phone, and realised someone had pulled the wrong plant. He is such a nice person; friendly and helpful.
Even when things turn out "wrong", he makes it right, more than right!
Thank you Brian!!
Christie
On July 15th, 2014, mrs_colla changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I made an order a few weeks ago, but never received a confirmation. I have looked through my emails and spam, even on their website on my account, there is not trace of my order.
I have emailed them twice about it, with around a week in between, and I cannot get a response.
No plants, no response, I am very disappointed.
On July 16th, 2014, mrs_colla changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Bryan,
I have not received email responses to my questions I sent you through your 'contact us' form on your website. I did get the notification that my plant has shipped, I wanted answers to my specific questions. Your form system must not work, that is my point.
Company representative comment on July 16, 2014:
On Jul 16, 2014 7:47 AM, Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner) responded with:

Hello Mrs, Colla,

Iím sorry that you did not receive any response from us. Because you did not receive the automated responses from us ( you should have received 3 emails updates since your recent order was placed on July 4th, as well as a email notice from UPS regarding the shipping and tracking of your order Monday July 14), and since I never received any email correspondence from you, I must assume you may be having a problem with your email service. I will post this on Daveís Garden as well as sending it through to the email address you have on file with us. Also I see you have 2 accounts on file with us and only the oldest account was displaying online under order history. I have put a request to our IT people to resolve this issue. I will call you also regarding this in case you donít see my response. Brian

On Jul 16, 2014 2:24 PM, Sooner Plant Farm (Shop Smarter Shop Sooner) added:

Thanks Mrs,. Colla,

I think we have resolved all the issues, if you need anything else feel free to call us we will be happy to help anyway we can.

Brian

Positive Treaseek
Okmulgee, OK
July 1, 2014
Great plants, great customer service. Eager to share knowledge. Ordered Japanese maples. All are healthy, good looking plants. Looking forward to doing more business in the future. Thanks, Brian. My husband and I enjoyed working with you.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]