The scoop on 'Holland Bulb Farms'

Holland Bulb Farms

8480 N. 87th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53224 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-689-2852

» Like them on Facebook

This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative PineRidge1
Bastrop, TX
April 2, 2021
I ordered 10 Major Wheeler Honeysuckle plants on February 28th and received them mid-March. The plants were in horrible condition when I received them as they were wilted, dried out, and bare root in loose packing. I have never received plants in such horrible condition. I reported this to Holland Bulb Farms immediately and was told that they were in shock from shipping. I was told to plant them and the roots would still be viable and would begin to grow new growth. Two weeks later, all previous growth had completely died and no new growth has appeared so, I contacted them again, only to be told it could be 6-8 weeks for the dead plants to recover from the shock before they begin to grow again (are you kidding me, dead plants never recover). I was told to contact them again in a couple months if there is no growth and they refused to send replacements or issue a refund . No one plants in the spring to wait until summer before growth even appears. They could have easily replaced them but wouldn't. Their 100% guarantee is just lip-service to make you feel as though they will stand behind their products... they won't.

DO NOT ORDER from this company unless you're willing to gamble with your money and delay project plans. They do not stand behind their products and you're almost treated like a criminal, for their negligence, when you report issues.

Negative IAdoreFlowers
Fairfield, IA
December 17, 2020
Posted on December 11, 2020, updated December 18, 2020
Posted on December 11, 2020, updated December 11, 2020
Posted on December 8, 2020, updated December 11, 2020
Posted on December 7, 2020, updated December 8, 2020
Don't order from them!!

I placed an order on November 18th. I did not receive any email confirmation of the order. (Thank goodness I took a screenshot of the confirmation page of the order, so still have that). They state that their orders ship within 3-5 business days. The following week, Wednesday Nov. 25th, still with no communication from them and no package received, I called Holland Bulb Farms to inquire about the order. First, I asked if the product was in stock, and was told yes, it was in stock. Also was told that the shipping would be the following week. I was not thrilled with the info that it would take this long to ship, but at least believed I would be receiving the package.

It is now December 7, and still have not received the package, nor any email communication (was told that an email would be sent when the package shipped). I called their telephone number and can't reach customer support (during their stated business hours). I've learned previously that leaving a voicemail gets absolutely no response, so didn't leave one this time.

If I can receive the bulbs ordered THIS WEEK, I'll consider the issue solved. But I'm doubtful that this will happen, given the history. If not shipped this week, I want the order cancelled. And I certainly won't be ordering from them ever again, and caution anyone else thinking about ordering, especially very late in the season.

On December 8th, 2020, IAdoreFlowers added the following:

Update: I've also filed a claim about this order on the Better Business Bureau web site. I suggest that you go to that site and read about Holland Bulb Farms there -- read the complaints (most not solved to the satisfaction of the customer), and the reviews.
On December 11th, 2020, IAdoreFlowers added the following:

Dec. 11th now, and still nothing from Holland Bulb farms. No reply to voicemail message left, no reply to email sent Dec 4th (except an automated reply that said), "Thank you so much for contacting us! Here at Holland Bulb Farms, we appreciate your business and hope you are all staying safe. Please note that our current ship time for spring planted bulbs is between 3-5 business after an order is placed. If you ordered fall planted bulbs, those will start shipping mid-September based on your hardiness zone. Once your order ships you will receive an email with tracking information.

Our staff is working diligently to reply to all emails in the order they were received. We kindly ask that you send one email request to help keep volumes down and ensure we are able to assist all customers in a timely manner."
_________________________

Ha, that note that they ship within 3 - 5 days from the day of the order. ........
Note: I see that they were very happy to charge my card for this order on Dec. 18th, the day I placed the order. Unlike most places that do the charge when they're going to ship. So they've had my money for nearly a month, but have done nothing for it. I WANT A REFUND!
On December 11th, 2020, IAdoreFlowers added the following:

Correction to what I wrote today: Holland Bulb Farms charged my credit card on November 18th (I had written Dec. 18th)
On December 17th, 2020, IAdoreFlowers added the following:

Dec. 18th, another week has gone by, still nothing from HBF. And I'm in Iowa, the ground is now frozen, no way to plant anything. From other reviews here and on the Better Business Bureau, I see that this is common -- shipping can often take 6 or more weeks. Of course if HBF put this on their web site, they wouldn't get any orders. But it does seem to be their way of doing business. Take the money, ship whenever they feel like it, nevermind what this does on the customer's end of things.
Negative Bobbyj2020
West Buxton, ME
October 31, 2020
Some bulbs received were rotten. Left email and phone messages over several days and have never received a reply. Poor customer service and bulbs were small as well as some being rotten. Buyer beware!
On Nov 16, 2020 10:35 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for your review of our products. We are sorry you did not get a response from our customer service team. During peak season we get a high volume of customer contact and do our best to get back to customers as quickly as possible. Please let us know if you have received a reply and a resolution to your problem. We certainly want to make sure you receive the correct amount of healthy bulbs that you ordered.

Neutral DahliasForDays
Oakland, CA
August 5, 2020
A mixed bag. The prices are good, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Over the past few years, I've ordered glads, begonias, bearded irises, butterfly weeds and a variety of lilies. The lilies were the best thing I've purchased from them and come back stronger every year. The glads were a steal and also come back stronger each year. The iris bulbs were tiny in comparison to bulbs from other companies with similar prices. The butterfly weeds never grew. The begonias bloomed once and never again. Of note, they are not good about telling you when something is out of stock; it just doesn't show up and you have to ask for a refund, which they provide, but still. After writing this review, I now understand why I haven't ordered from them recently...you just don't know what you're going to get.
On Nov 16, 2020 10:57 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that some of the products you received worked out well for you. We are sorry that a couple of the items did not grow, or only bloomed once. Hopefully, the items that did grow well will bring you back in the future to try our products again.

Negative OliDoli
Pittsburgh, PA
July 25, 2020
Bought 12 daylily bulbs back in 2018. I spent over $64. The bulbs were small but I planted them as soon as I received them following the directions fully. I keep waiting for them to grow. I have a very hard time understanding why none of them grew. I've been a gardener for over 15 years. While I understand they won't guarantee after the first year I kept hoping, was struggling with polymyalgia rheumatica so was overwhelmed by health issues so didn't follow through. My recommendation is to pay more for plants and avoid bareroot.
On Nov 16, 2020 10:30 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback on the daylilies you ordered from our company. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in the growth of the daylilies. To understand why they did not grow when they were planted in 2018 we will need more information. When were they planted? Where were they planted? How deep were they planted? With more information, we will be able to provide some input as to why they did not grow. Please feel free to reach out to us via email [email protected] to provide more information on the planting of these daylilies and hopefully we can provide some additional insight as to why they did not grow.

Negative anna111
Chapel Hill, NC
July 5, 2020
Holland Bulb Farm does NOT care to send the right products.

They do NOT care to give good customer service.

= they do NOT care about their customers!!
On Nov 16, 2020 10:26 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate hearing from you. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about our company and services. Holland Bulb Farms is a small family run business, and our customer's satisfaction is very important to us. If your communication with our company did not represent our care and concern for our customers, we are sorry that we have missed the mark.
2020 has been a challenging year with the increase in online ordering, combined with staff shortages in spring and early summer as well as shipping challenges. We have taken steps to improve these situations by increasing staff to communicate at a quicker pace with our customers. Therefore, we encourage you to give us another try as we do take our customer's satisfaction seriously and aim to send quality flower bulbs and perennials.

Negative chivelu
Mohawk, NY
June 23, 2020
Posted on June 13, 2019, updated June 23, 2020
I ordered 3 bareroot poppies and 1 peony at very low cost. The roots were all very small, which didnt surprise me given the pricing. I planted everything out in the garden immediately upon arrival in spring. 2 of the 3 poppies failed to grow and after a month of care i contacted the company. They sent replacements right out. 3 poppy plants and one peony are now growing nicely, although they are small plants. Good value if you are a patient gardener.
On June 23rd, 2020, chivelu changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

The peony bloomed as a single red, not a japanese form Charles Burgess as labelled. Customer service argued that i had received the correct plant despite photo evidence. I didnt bother to dispute that the pink "rasberry queen" poppy bloomed red. Argumentative Customer Service with no real horticulture knowledge.
On Aug 20, 2019 10:32 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We are happy to hear that the replacement poppies and peonies grew! Thanks for updating us and for being patient while we got the replacements sent out to you!

Negative Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
June 10, 2020
I placed a small order this past spring for lilies and dahlias. The items arrived on time and looked fine. However now that they have bloomed, I see neither are the ones I ordered. The Salmon Party lilies turned out to be bright yellow solid type and the Orange Glory dahlias turned out to be a burgundy and a different smaller form. I also ordered a honeysuckle which has not bloomed, so I cannot comment on it. I will not waste my money here again.
On Nov 16, 2020 10:16 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hi Pinetucky,

Thank you for your review of the order you received this past spring. We are sorry to hear that the lilies and dahlias in your order did not bloom as expected. If you have not already we encourage you to reach out to us via email [email protected] so we may work out a way to compensate you for the incorrect blooms.

Negative jesseteeeters
Jersey City, NJ
November 26, 2019
***DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY*** Wow. This company has THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. They sent a package of bulbs, uninsured, which was delivered to the incorrect address by an incompetent USPS worker. The company then insists that since the post office delivered a package to somewhere (not the correct address), they are absolved of any responsibility. We spent over $400 this year with them and will never use them again. I tried both via phone and via chat to reach someone that was interested in customer service. Here's a sample of what i got:

"Then since the Post Office delivered it to the wrong address, then that is their fault and you can file a claim with them. That was not our mistake."

"Sounds like they delivered it to the wrong address, we did not send it to the incorrect address.
There is not anything we can do on our part. It was the carriers fault."

What they don't tell you (and apparently can't get through their thick skulls) is that you CANNOT file a claim on an UNINSURED package. So it WAS their fault for not insuring a package shipped at the cheapest rate. Terrible people in 'customer service". I have proof from the post office that it was delivered to the wrong address and now will be able to get the credit card company to chargeback the amount of the order. Loss is part of doing business and can be claimed on their taxes. They left us out to dry and frankly they should pay me for the 5 hours spent dealing with their idiocy.
***DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.***

Company representative comment on November 26, 2019:
On Nov 26, 2019 9:41 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hello. Thank you for your past business and for leaving a review. I'm so sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received from our company. Here at Holland Bulb Farms we strive to offer the very best in quality products and customer service. It appears you had 4 order this Fall with the first 3 being delivered in good quality and in a timely manner. Unfortunately it appears the 4th package was delivered to the wrong address via USPS. The address was correct on our end, unfortunately the carrier made a mistake. After several conversations, it was established that since USPS delivered the package to the wrong address, you would have to file a claim with them. We did reach out to USPS to help resolve the situation for you. Since the package was just delivered a couple doors down from you, they suggested we call your local post office, filing a claim would not be necessary. They would be more than happy to retrieve the package from the wrong address and deliver it to you, since it was their mistake. Unfortunately your local post office does not answer the phone and their inbox is full. We are continuing to try to reach them with no success. Again, we do apologize and as soon as we are able, we will have the post office retrieve the package that was delivered to the wrong address and sent to you. Our customer service department is working diligently to try to resolve this for you and hope we are able to get in touch with your local post office soon to make sure that package gets to you. Thank you.

Positive RebeccaLynn
Winston Salem, NC (Zone 7a)
July 21, 2019
Posted on April 9, 2012, updated April 12, 2012
Posted on March 31, 2012, updated April 9, 2012
Posted on February 19, 2012, updated March 31, 2012
Posted on May 18, 2011, updated February 20, 2012
A few weeks ago I ordered 120 gladiola bulbs from Holland Bulb Farms ( 4 pkgs of 30 bulbs). The price including shipping was less than $20! The only other glads I have in my garden were a few freebies I'd acquired in years past. The bulbs looked great, and I can hardly wait to see them in bloom.
On February 19th, 2012, RebeccaLynn added the following:

The glads from Holland Bulb Farms bloomed beautifully in my 2011 garden and I'm preparing to place an order for summer blooming bulbs for 2012. This has been a mild winter (so far) and I'm interested in seeing how many glads will come back up in my zone 7a garden.
On March 31st, 2012, RebeccaLynn added the following:

The glads from last year are coming up! Also, the new order that I placed in late February has arrived, and everything looks good except for the Alstroemeria. These fleshy roots are packed in small plastic bags. The yellow alstroemeria root is very tiny, but it seems to be alive. The plastic bag containing the orange alstroemeria was...EMPTY- just a bag of peat, no plant. I will contact Holland Bulb Farms and request a replacement. Everything else (begonias, RoseTurtlehead, columbine and ranunculus) is planted.
On April 9th, 2012, RebeccaLynn added the following:

I called Holland Bulb Farms this morning to report that in my recent order the plastic bag which should have contained an orange alstroemeria arrived empty. The customer service representative said a replacement would be shipped right away.
On April 12th, 2012, RebeccaLynn added the following:

Today, April 12, I received the orange alstroemeria that was missing from my recent order from Holland Bulb Farms.
I am very satisfied with their customer service.
On March 26th, 2013, RebeccaLynn added the following:

Yesterday I received the bulbs that I ordered in January: tall phlox, double oriental lilies, and calla lilies. The double oriental lily bulbs are especially large and nice. Spring is slow in coming here in the Piedmont of N.C. this year and daytime and nighttime temperatures are abnormally cold, but I plan to plant tomorrow.
On May 11th, 2013, RebeccaLynn added the following:

I couldn't resist ordering some double oriental and double asiatic lilies and a glory lily at the very end of April. They arrived very quickly, and I opened the box the same day it arrived. I was surprised to find that the oriental and asiatic bulbs were already sprouting. I planted them at the proper depths the very next day. We left for a beach vacation the day after that. We're back now, and I'm contemplating those bulbs and hoping for the best, even though they were already sprouting when I planted them. I've had very good success with Holland Bulb farms many times in the past. Can't wait to see how these bulbs do this summer!
On July 2nd, 2013, RebeccaLynn added the following:

The double oriental lilies - both Magic Star and Broken Heart - are in bloom now, and they are absolutely beautiful! If they are offered next spring, I will buy more.
On March 23rd, 2014, RebeccaLynn added the following:

My order of double oriental lily bulbs and begonia tubers have arrived and they are large and healthy. Looking forward to planting them and waiting to see their beautiful blooms in mid summer. I continue to be pleased with Holland Bulb Farms products and service.
On June 5th, 2014, RebeccaLynn added the following:

Holland Bulb Farms has their lily bulbs on sale now, so I ordered three pkgs of Double Oriental Lilies (9 bulbs) a few days ago. They arrived today, and I immediately unpacked them and planted them in my perennial garden. I am worried about them because nearly all of them have sprouted big time, and some have even feathered. I have planted sprouting lily bulbs from Holland before with good outcomes, but some of these sprouts were 3 inches or more and fluffy. We'll see what happens. I'm not changing my rating because my experience with this company has been positive in the past.
On March 27th, 2015, RebeccaLynn added the following:

I just received my bulb order and once again, everything looks great. I continue to be pleased with Holland Bulb Farms' service, value, and quality.
On March 21st, 2016, RebeccaLynn added the following:

In January I ordered five pkgs of lilies - Oriental and Asiatic- and a pack of Painted Lady climbing beans. They arrived today which is perfect for planting in my zone 7 garden. All of the bulbs look good; they'll be in the ground tomorrow.
On June 13th, 2016, RebeccaLynn added the following:

Because Holland Bulb Farms has their summer bulbs on sale now, I placed an order last week for more Oriental lily bulbs: mixed doubles, Muscadet, and Soft Music. They arrived today. All were sprouted big time except for Soft Music. I planted them promptly and carefully, watering them well. Now I'll hope for the best.
On March 23rd, 2017, RebeccaLynn added the following:

In January I placed an order for 12 Roselily Elena Double Oriental Lily bulbs. I had never seen that variety before, and they looked amazing on their website. The package arrived today. All bulbs looked like they were fresh and in good condition. I will plant them this weekend.
On April 3rd, 2017, RebeccaLynn added the following:

Oh no! My Rip Van Winkle daffodils are blooming beautifully today! But, they may not be Rip Van Winkles after all. I submitted a beautiful picture to Davesgarden Plant Files, but the admin rejected my photo. Said they weren't in fact Rip Van Winkle. Holland Bulb Farms sold the bulbs to me as Rip Van Winkle. They sure look like real Van Winkles, but Davesgarden says "no."
On May 12th, 2018, RebeccaLynn added the following:

My most recent order from Holland Bulb Farms was for two jumbo packs of Stargazer Lilies. They arrived this week, about a week after I placed my order. The bulbs look very good. I've planted about half of them, and will plant the remaining 10 bulbs tomorrow. It's VERY hot for early May.
On July 13th, 2018, RebeccaLynn added the following:

In late June,, I placed an order for Oriental lilies: Sumatra, Acapulco, Grand Tourismo, and mixed. They arrived quickly. A few were sprouting - to be expected because it's very late in the season to be ordering and planting summer blooming lilies. They are in the (very dry) ground now. I'm looking forward to seeing beautiful blooms in a month or so. I'm keeping them watered.
On July 21st, 2019, RebeccaLynn added the following:

I placed two orders in spring 2019. The March order contained "Forever Susan" Asiatic Lily, "Stuttgart" Canna, and "Iron Cross" Oxalis bulbs. Everything arrived healthy and fresh. The May order contained mixed Asiatic lily, "Pieton" lily, "Red Velvet lily, and "Lady Alice" species bulbs. They arrived in early summer and were in various early stages of sprouting. I planted the bulbs promptly and everything is thriving. Now, if I could only keep those darn rabbits out of my flower garden!
Company representative comment on April 4, 2017:
On Nov 14, 2011 3:55 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We know it is a little late to ask, but how did the gladiolus turn out? It sounds like you were very satisfied upon receiving them and we want to be sure that satisfaction continued! If you have pictures we would love to see them. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope we can serve you again in the future!

May your gardens be bountiful,

On Apr 2, 2012 7:43 AM, Holland Bulb Farms added:

Hi Rebecca Lynn,

We are happy to hear that the majority of your order arrived in good condition and that your glads from last year are coming up again! We would like to apologize for the lack of plant in the Alstromeria package you received, sometimes when are warehouse crew packs our items, they get moving so fast they may miss a step unfortunately. We will be happy to send replacements for any items you feel are less than satisfactory. Please contact us by email [email protected] or phone 1-800-689-2852 and we will be happy to amend this problem with you!

May your gardens be bountiful,

On Apr 4, 2017 10:34 AM, Holland Bulb Farms added:

Hi Rebecca--

We are sorry to hear about the Rip Van Winkle, can you send us the pictures of what they look like? We can take a look and see what they are and also send them to our growers in Holland to provide their insight as well:)

Negative w08833
Lebanon, NJ
June 12, 2019
I ordered Lily of the Valley.

When they arrived they had already sprouted and had six inches of new growth. I notified them the day the plants arrived but they ignored my email. I contacted them again after three weeks when most of the plants had died They insist that the plants were stored appropriately, and want to reship them next year.

There's no reason to believe that the plants will be in better condition next year, and I want a refund.
On Aug 20, 2019 10:38 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We are sorry to hear your disappointment in the original shipment of the Lily of the Valley. Some plants are eager to grow even when stored in our coolers. We know that the roots for next year would be sent out in great condition, however also understand you not wanting to wait until next year. Our customer service team issued a refund for the entire order amount on June 6th. Again, we are sorry that these didn't work out, but we have done all we could to make the situation right.

Positive amf94597
Mebane, NC (Zone 7a)
May 20, 2019
At the end of the summer 2018 growing season, I ordered one of their $100 clearance grab bags. Most of the plant starts in the box were dead wisps that never grew, but the calladiums, begonias, dahlias, hostas, lilies, and daylilies were excellent and grew (I had dozens of huge flower blooms in August/September). This year, most of the bulbs/rhizomes have sprouted (and it's entirely my fault for not lifting the calladium as they do not overwinter in North Carolina as I failed to realize since I was new to the state). The grab bag was, overall, an excellent experience and good value for the money--I got to try some items like astilbe I would not have purchased and did not bother contacting Holland Bulb Farm about the dead plant starts as I was dealing with some personal issues at the time and did not have the time.

I ordered additional lily bulbs at the beginning of Summer 2019 and have just placed an additional order for dozens more as I have a large, empty yard at my new home. I'm looking forward to receiving my next order shortly.
On Aug 20, 2019 10:40 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Thanks for the positive review, we are happy to hear your satisfaction! Sounds like the grab bag provided plenty of late-season color for you! We are excited to hear how the lilies turn out that you just ordered, please keep us updated! Thanks again for trying out our products, we hope to help you fill up that large empty yard:)

Negative mariazipp
Saint Petersburg, FL
April 19, 2019
Placed order for callas and cannas in March 2019. Received dead rotten bulbs/rhizomes. Contacted customer service day after delivery and they requested pictures of bulbs. Sent pictures that same day and CS said they would contact me with their findings of whether I would get replacements if their findings deemed it but would not get refund.
Never received any further contact from Holland Bulb Farms. Two weeks later got a package of bulbs. Thought WOW! I got new bulbs/rhizomes. I did get a new shipment, but again, the exact same condition as before dead rotten bulbs/rhizomes. Cannot believe they even ship these out as there is no chance since they are all moldy and stringy. How do you do this not once but twice? Never again, spent close to $100 for absolute garbage. Even on ebay I have gotten bulbs/rhizomes but never rotten.
They sent me an email today 4/19/19 for a review but I'm sure it will never get on the website since after you actually fill out the review it tells you a moderator will determine if it is posted...WOW so don't look for 1 star reviews on their site, they don't get posted.
PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY ELSEWHERE. THE WEBSITE PICTURES ARE BEAUTIFUL BUT THE BULB OR RHIOZOME YOU SEE IS NOT WHAT YOU WILL GET
On Aug 20, 2019 11:29 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We are so sorry to hear your disappointment in the canna and calla bulbs you received. We see a note in your account from 3/25 that the first shipment was bad, and it appears we as you stated made a replacement order. We did not know the replacement order was also received in poor condition. Please contact us [email protected] and we will be happy to issue a credit for the value of the original order. So sorry about these errors, we certainly would not want to send you 2 orders with bulbs you were not satisfied with.

Positive mumsmums
Manvel, TX
January 4, 2019
had good results with their daffodil bulbs
On Aug 20, 2019 11:30 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We are happy to hear your enjoyed the daffodil bulbs you got from out company! Thanks for the positive review!

Negative ikenobo
Oriskany, NY
July 1, 2018
Do not order from this company. I added a message to their order form to ship my order the first week of May. They sent it much earlier. I requested this date because I would not be home until this time. The bulbs sat in the cold on the porch for weeks. When I wrote to get a free replacement as their guarantee states I was told that those messages are rarely read. The bulbs have not grown and I still cannot get a replacement from these nasty people. Bulbs are sold everywhere so choose a company that reads requests they put in the order form and from companies who really willing to back up their guarantee.
Company representative comment on August 1, 2018:
On Aug 1, 2018 2:22 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Dear ikenobo:
I want to follow up with the same information we provided you regarding the similar BBB Complaint you initiated. You placed your order on our website on February 11, 2018 we shipped your order April 26th and have confirmed delivery via USPS to your door on April 28, 2018
We have provided you all the tracking information and confirmed delivery of April 28th. I apologize that it arrived 2 days before May.
To state, "The bulbs sat in the cold on the porch for weeks" this seems a bit odd, since your request for delivery (as you stated in the above message) for May delivery and we confirmed delivery April 28.
I am very sorry you are so upset with our company, we are a family business and have been shipping flower bulbs and perennials for over 30 years. We do everything for our customers.
Kind Regards,
Jon

Negative jedwards29
Muncie, IN
May 14, 2018
I have ordered personally and have had good luck... but I ordered for this year for the company I work for ... It wasn't the biggest order ever. but I ordered poppies in the middle of April. yeah late I know but I really wanted to start establishing them and maybe get a late flower or two. well I wait a month and nothing. so I call the company 3-4 times before I got a hold of someone. well this is what I got from Jenny the operations manager who has no superior apparently cause when I asked for a number or to speak to them she refused. She told me the poppies had not made it through the winter and they over sold them due to not finding the issue until about the time I ordered. They ended up refunding my money and gave a credit.... so the biggest problem I have is the way this was handled. They took my money and did nothing else to contact me about their inventory issue. she did apologize for the problem but that came with all kinds of excuses from they are a fall planted item- to they fill thousands of orders with only 6 employees- to im not sure who didn't contact you to let you know the situation - to explaining to me about how perennials grow. but the biggest kicker was near the end of the conversation she asked if there were anything else I wanted to tell her because she had other customers waiting and I was taking up her time...

long story short if it is something time sensitive or a must have for the growing season. or if you order from a bunch of vendors skip this one.... if takes to much work to ensure your order from this company.
Company representative comment on May 14, 2018:
On May 14, 2018 2:03 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

James-- We did speak earlier today and I sent you an email about this. We are still sorry we weren't able to fill your order, and that we don't have record of you being contacted about us not having any more of the poppies you ordered. We were under the impression that all the orders with these poppies that weren't able to be filled were contacted by one of our customer service agents, we apologize if we some how missed contacting you. We did refund the order today and issue a $25 merchandise credit, as you were very upset with us. We were doing what we could to try to resolve the matter. We did have other customers waiting on the lines, and after we offered the refund and credit to you, we felt we had closed the order and could not provide any further assistance to you. I did not say you were taking up my time, but I did ask if there was anything else we could help you with, as I had other customers to help. We know you aren't happy with us, and we really do try to do our best to fill orders and communicate with our customers, however sometimes mistakes happen and we are sorry that this mistake happened with your order.

Jenny San Filippo

Negative ImaLilyGirl
Omaha, NE
November 1, 2017
I ordered about $100 worth of flowers for the 2017 growing season. Some of them either did not grow or were not the colors I ordered, so they credited my account. I will say those that grew did amazing. The largest issue came when I contacted the company regarding a new order that I had placed. It had been multiple weeks and I needed to get the order in the ground before fall. The representative who answered the chat was SO RUDE and SNIPPY. She actually claimed that I "interrupted her" ... It was a CHAT... You CAN NOT "INTERRUPT." That was just the first of many snide comments she made. I sent and email to the company and instead of doing anything about the horrible service, Jennifer San Filippo the Operations Manager did not even acknowledge the issue.

This is the complaint I sent: She made snide comments to me prior to her sending me the long detail of fall shipping of bulbs. I did not order bulbs, I ordered roots of plants so how why would I correlate that as something else (a bulb, which is a bit different). She accused me of interrupting her ... HOW DO YOU INTERRUPT CHAT? Do you commonly approve of a customer service rep accusing your customers?

I am quite angry. Her attitude was rude, unprofessional and after that, I did not care what she said because her entire attitude was rude. I told her I was frustrated and I even put a sad face to show that I was sad about the process. She later asked if I was reading her responses, to which I said, how could I respond if I did not read it? I told her how she was acting. She was being bitchy and I called her out on it. I also apologized and she said she would not forgive me. LOL that just PROVED her ATTITUDE FROM THE BEGINNING!

I deal with customers too and it does not matter if they are happy, sad, confused on terms, mad, frustrated... I DO NOT CARE.... I HELP THEM with 100% pleasure in doing so. If someone is mad, I find out why and reassure them, help them and even if I can not changed things, I let them know I care. By the end, the customer is happy irregardless of the situation. Your REP, did NOT!

If this is the behavior you condone, then I think you should credit my bank card for the full amount. I will not be making another purchase. I ordered from 6 other companies too. I can do business elsewhere. Justifying her attitude is not ok. Your explanation below would have sufficed, but that is not what she gave me. The snippy accusations set the tone!

Her snide reply was this: Thank you for your reply. We have refunded and canceled your order, and attached a copy of the canceled order for your records and review. Based on your correspondence with our company we think it will be best if you continue to enjoy ordering from the other flower companies that will satisfy your customer services needs better than can. We wish you the best of luck in your future garden endeavors.

The Operations Manager did not care about how horribly I was treated and told me to order elsewhere. They also deleted my account information. So they seem to not only tolerate but support the customer service rep in treating customers like trash. You won't get my business or the local growing groups and communities.
Company representative comment on November 6, 2017:
On Nov 6, 2017 10:52 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hi Iamlilygirl,

We are sorry that your customer experience was less than satisfactory, and that the customer service rep was not fully understanding your questions and needs. We did as you asked and issued a refund to your account. We closed your account as you seemed utterly disappointed in our company and that you would not be ordering from us in the future. We certainly don't condone any of our employees speaking in a way that would upset our customers, we also do not condone any customer who may verbally abuse our customer service representatives.
Again, we wish you the best of luck in your future garden projects, and hope you are able to find a company that can live up to your customer service needs and expectations.

Positive Dudeofthelilies
Chelmsford, MA
October 14, 2017
Just got my shipment of lily bulbs from Holland Bulbs.
Extremely satisfied with the size of bulbs and quality - all arrived fresh and clean looking with decent roots. I was hesitant to order bulbs online again as the last two companies I used sent rotten bulbs which all but one actually came up. Now that I have found a great place to order bulbs my only suggestion would be to please increase variety of oriental and asiatic lilies as I would like to try some different varieties next year.
Company representative comment on November 6, 2017:
On Nov 6, 2017 10:46 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

HI Dude of the Lilies--

We are happy to hear your enjoyment of the lilies in your recent order, we certainly try to get the best lilies we can. We have been adding new oriental and asiatic lilies to our fall selection for the last couple of years. We will certainly continue to add new and exciting colors and varieties as they become available to us. Thanks again for your kind words.

Neutral LOVIE2
Boston, MA (Zone 6a)
June 13, 2017
Posted on June 5, 2017, updated June 13, 2017
I'm not sure about this company. I've ordered from this company 4 times so far this season alone. My hostas that I ordered were healthy BUT I don't think the majority received were what I actually ordered. Beach Boy is coming in very solid blue with no light green at all, Tokudama is also coming in very solid green, my cherry berries are not coming in with white center but a very yellow one. The only one that looks close to what it's supposed to is First Frost. I'm trying really hard to give them a chance so I ordered some begonias, freesia, raspberry plants and concord grape vine. The berries and grapes are supposed to be dormant but they look dead. Not one has sprouted. The asparagus roots seem to still be alive and fairly healthy. the shallots were healthy. I hope I can call and address this issue with the hostas and the dormant plants.
On June 13th, 2017, LOVIE2 added the following:

Email has been submitted (as requested) as of this morning. Hope this is addressed quickly.
Company representative comment on June 6, 2017:
On Jun 6, 2017 1:49 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hi--

We are so sorry to hear your disappointment in the hosta you ordered, we will certainly be letting out supplier know about these inventory mix ups to avoid this problem in the future. If you email us [email protected] we would be happy to issue a refund for any of the items that were incorrect or did not grow. Thanks again, and we are sorry for the disappointing items, we certainly do not desire for your items to be incorrect.

Negative amazindirt
mid-state, TN (Zone 7a)
June 2, 2017
Posted on May 9, 2017, updated June 2, 2017
Posted on May 8, 2017, updated May 9, 2017
I ordered four plants on 2/15/17.

The quality of the plants was acceptable. However, at least two of the plants ordered are not as labeled.

1. "Stuttgart" canna has sprouted with RED leaves. The true Stuttgart is green/white variegated.

2. "Beach Boy" hosta is growing well, with SOLID BLUE leaves. The true Beach Boy is variegated.

The other two plants are clematis, so I'll have to wait until at least next year to see the blooms. At this point I'll be surprised if they are as labeled either.

Buyer beware!
On May 9th, 2017, amazindirt added the following:

edit 5/9/17 -- I credit Holland Bulb Farms for their quick response to my complaint, and I have accepted an offer of replacement plants. I these replacement plants end up being true to label, I will update my comments here to reflect that. I'll also post an update if the replacements are still not true to label.
On June 2nd, 2017, amazindirt added the following:

Update on the replacement plants:

The hosta I received as a replacement is still not the variety ordered. I had ordered "Beach Boy", but both the original plant I received and its replacement are solid-green plants. Interestingly, these appear to be two different varieties: one has a nice thick substance, blue color, puckering, and slight cupping (it might turn out to be Abiqua Drinking Gourd); the other is greener, with thin leaf substance, and the slugs already love it. Both are growing well, but not what I ordered.

Only one of the replacement cannas has sprouted so far -- it does at least look like Stuttgart this time.

Again, I applaud Holland Bulb's customer service -- they responded quickly and professionally and shipped my replacements graciously. However, I'm not going to order from a company that uses such untrustworthy suppliers. When I spend money on plants, I at least expect to get what I ordered!
Company representative comment on June 2, 2017:
On May 8, 2017 11:33 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Thank you for your recent order and for leaving a review on the items you ordered. We are sorry to hear that the Cannas and Hosta are not coming up as they should be. We certainly did not intend for this to happen, and would like to offer a refund for those items or replacements for those items at no cost to you. Please let us know which you prefer!

On Jun 2, 2017 1:19 PM, Holland Bulb Farms added:

We are very sorry that the replacement hosta also aren't growing correctly. We will be sure to let our supplier know of this error. We would be happy to issue a refund for the Beach Boy hosta if you would like. Please contact us [email protected] if you would like the refund for the original purchase price.

HBF staff

Positive Happydog2004
Belmont, MA
May 19, 2017
My first experience, and already I LOVE this company! I was looking to buy astilbes to plant this season. I searched on a number of websites, but many of them had bad reviews. Then I read the many positive reviews for Holland Bulb Farms and figured I'd give it a shot. What a pleasant surprise! I placed my order a week ago, and a few days later, it was delivered to my doorstep. The plants were lively and healthy, with a few exceptions. I chatted with customer service to explain the situation, and here is their response:

"I've pulled your order up. It sounds like we owe you another package of mixed Astilbe. I can get that shipped out today. My manager will check and pack this shipment to make sure these are viable roots."

This is customer service as it should be. I will update my review when I receive the new shipment, but in the meantime, Holland Bulb Farms is now my go-to company for live plants, bulbs, and other gardening needs.
Positive piscesxander
Sacramento, CA
May 9, 2017
Over the years I've ordered many bulbs from Holland Bulb and I have always been more than happy with them. They send very healthy and large bulbs at a great price and value. Many other mail order plant dealers play overinflated musical chairs with their prices but Holland Bulb always has excellent prices and great quality products. The only thing I'd really wish for from them was a bigger variety, their catalogue of more exotic and flashy items is rather small, yet what they do offer has always arrived top notch and grown beautifully for me. However, when it comes to quality over quantity or variety they win hands down - and if the variety is smaller than so be it, it's well worth it to order beautiful hearty specimens from them every time!
Company representative comment on May 9, 2017:
On May 9, 2017 7:12 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We are so happy to hear your excitement and praise for our company! We certainly strive to have the top size quality bulbs, at affordable prices. If you have any requests for more exotic, unusual or hard to find items please let us know by emailing [email protected]. We will see if the items you request are available as we always add at least 20 new items each season! Thanks again for your kind words about our company, we greatly appreciate them.

Positive kawand33
Lansing, MI (Zone 5a)
May 5, 2016
I ordered several varieties of tulips last fall from Holland Bulb Farms (Ronaldo Triumph, Carnaval de Nice, and Exotic Emperor), and they are all blooming beautifully this spring. I would recommend this company to other gardeners.
Positive collectorpalms
College Station, TX
July 18, 2015
Posted on March 28, 2015, updated July 18, 2015
Holland Bulb Farms exceeded my expectations. I ordered around 5000 fall bulbs mostly tulips and daffodils, through numerous fall bulb companies. I would recommend this company to anyone in the south that does not mind pre-chilling their bulbs as they were disease free. Although my 3 order were small, I ordered in Dec and early January and they arrived in very good condition.
Being in College Station, Zone 8b of Texas, I did chill the bulbs in a separate fridge at the very minimum of 6 weeks ( around 40F and kept the humidity low), some of the more unique Tulips I chilled 8 weeks. Almost all of them are blooming now in late March (thankfully we did have cool soil temperatures with below normal temperatures during the rooting period).
The best deal may have been the fall grab bag that included 20 Double Hero Tulips, and the Double Akebono tulip.
I only recommend the 12cm or greater size Tulip bulbs, however the slightly smaller mixed Triumph bulbs in the fall grab bag have bloomed, just not near as large as others. Will likely try another larger order in the future.
On July 18th, 2015, collectorpalms added the following:

Thank you for the surprise bulbs! Planted them and they all sprouted.
Positive lorigrierson
Bay City, MI
May 25, 2015
I ordered about $300 worth of 'White Feather' hosta from this company last summer. Every single one of them was packaged professionally, and ended up being what I ordered. The delivery was extremely prompt also. Will be ordering from them regularly in the future
Positive SamNJ
South Amboy, NJ
April 22, 2015
I made my order last week for a variety of bulbs, as well as a daylily, and a hellebore. It was delivered today and everything I ordered arrived safely. I'm pleased with the quality of the bulbs. The daylily root also looks good. The hellebore seems questionable at best (at first, I couldn't even find anything in the bag of peat. After spreading it out, there's a little clump, smaller than my pinky, which looks like a tiny nub with little black hairs. I'm assuming this must the root, unless it really is just a clump of peat and they forgot to put the root in the bag). Aside from the hellebore, a good experience. Reasonable prices, a good variety, quick shipping, and nice-looking bulbs. Hopefully everything will come up.
Positive hannyinfo
Kennewick, WA
March 28, 2015
I ordered several hundred gladiolus bulbs of various colors in 2014. I planted them and the red and white ones did not bloom when the others did. Since I couldn't tell if the other stalks were the new ones that hadn't bloomed or preexisting ones, it appeared that I had not received the red and whites. I called to complain and was advised the red and whites may just bloom later. The rep said they would document the concern and call this spring to find out what happened. The red and whites did bloom about two weeks later, but I never received a call this spring. Instead, I received 180 red and white replacement bulbs at no cost on my porch. I felt very bad and called to apologize and offer to send them back or at least pay cost. I was told they guaranteed their product, and I was free to keep the bulbs. This is about my 7th dealing with this company, and I would highly recommend them as honest and friendly. They are a model small business.
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
October 22, 2014
Posted on May 17, 2014, updated October 22, 2014
Posted on October 5, 2011, updated May 17, 2014
ordered 5 bags of tulips and some dutch iris.
The bulb size seems normal - the tulips are the very early kind so I expected them to be a little smaller than the larger later ones.

On May 17th, 2014, bryana added the following:

I ordered some begonias and gladiolus - very good sized firm bulbs.
On October 22nd, 2014, bryana added the following:

I ordered two collections of Hyacinths and they arrived as average sized bulbs, firm and clearly labeled.
They have a slightly smaller size bulb than other catalogs but they are good for forcing in pots because they are still full looking but do not need to be staked. Good value for the collections with no extra charge for shipping.
Company representative comment on November 14, 2011:
On Nov 14, 2011 3:35 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We are glad to hear that you were happy with the condition of the bulbs upon delivery. And yes some of the early tulips and definitely the miniature tulips are going to be a bit smaller! We hope your spring is wonderful, we just need to get through winter first! May your gardens be bountiful!

Negative gordogecko
Southlake, TX
June 26, 2014
I placed a fairly large order for bulbs near the end of the spring growing season. When I received the box from Holland Bulb Farms I received fewer salvias and calla lilies than I had ordered. The reason: HBF ran out of inventory. This is a big problem for me, I had placed the order for a specific quantity and color combination because I have a specific space I am trying to fill. Having fewer items is a big problem. I can no longer fill the space and the color motif no longer flows.

No one from HBF ever attempted to contact me to let me know that they had run out of a number of items!
It should be noted that the items I ordered showed specific and sufficient availability when I ordered them (e.g. "11 bare roots left").

Obviously this is frustrating because now I have plants I cannot use and I could/should have just ordered from another company two weeks ago. Now my window for planting is closing/closed.

I wrote to HBF to request a postage-paid mailing label so that I could send back the bubs I could no longer use. They said they would not do that because they have a written policy on the website to fulfill all orders regardless of how much of the order they can fulfill. This seems like a TERRIBLE policy for a company like this. Who wants half a garden?? Plus, who reads every policy a company has on its website. I should be able to expect HBF to: 1) simply be reasonable and 2) have an accurate handle on its inventory, which is the impression the website provides.

A two-minute phone call from them two weeks ago would have verified that I did not want half an order.

DO NOT BUY FROM HOLLAND BULB FARMS!
Company representative comment on June 27, 2014:
On Jun 27, 2014 2:52 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with our policies in regard to items missing from orders. In an ideal world our inventory of perishable items would be 100% accurate all of the time, we would have a team dedicated to contacting our customers when and and if an item becomes unavailable, and all of our customers who have items that are unavailable would be ready to reply to our phone call or email right away at first contact. Unfortunately those three factors do not happen often, and therefore we have adapted the policy when an item is missing, to simply offer a refund of the items price and include a free shipping coupon. We include this free shipping coupon with no minimum in case the customer wanted to order something else in place of the missing items, we won't charge them for the shipping on the next order, since we did make mistake by having inaccurate inventory.

By refunding the order, we can ship the order quickly within the 3-5 business days after the order was placed. If we call or email a customer and they do not get back to us for whatever reason that could delay their order further while we are waiting to get a hold of them.

In regard to our accurate inventory due to the nature of our products (being that they are perishable goods) sometimes bulbs or perennials go bad and we are no longer comfortable shipping these items to our customers, when this happens it can be sudden or at the bottom of a crate which we are not able to recognize immediately as we are busy shipping orders and tending to other duties. If we do notice a bulb or perennial is no longer in acceptable condition we will certainly adjust our inventory quantities, however as much as we would like to we simply cannot catch every package of every item as it becomes unable to meet our quality standards. At the end of a shipping season, which is when your order was placed this happens much more frequently, as these items are eager to be planted, and have been in our warehouse for a few months. We completely understand your complaints about this policy and hope you can understand the reasoning behind our policy.
In regard to your request of expecting us to simply be reasonable- we feel as though by refunding your credit card for the products we could not supply as opposed to shipping you substituted items of our choosing is a reasonable procedure. When we replied to your first email and informed you that we would refund you for the products you returned, but we could not refund the postage paid for the products. We feel as though offering to refund you for the products is very reasonable considering our Spring planting and shipping season is over, and by accepting the return once we got them back they would not be usable in any way. Also, since we have stated on our website our policy about unavailable items and how we proceed with them, we were making an exception for you, and were trying to compromise.
We would also like to note that we did offer to send you a return shipping label after our first correspondence and hearing your disappointment, but have not heard back from you.
We would like to thank you for bringing this matter about our missing items to our attention, we are looking into adding an option at checkout that allows our customers to check a box, to let us know how to proceed if an item is missing from there order. We hope to be able to implement this feature within the next week to avoid further disappointment from customers who like you would prefer to be contacted, as opposed to having a partial order that was shipped in a timely fashion.

We are very sorry that this situation could not have been resolved sooner or in a better way, we certainly did not intend on making this such an unpleasant experience for you.

Enjoy your future gardening endeavors, best wishes to you!

Positive NCLilybug
Greenville, NC
May 12, 2014
I have been ordering from Holland Bulbs for years. The bulbs always arrive in great condition (especially the lilies). I get beautiful blooms. Shipping is fast and accurate. Customer service is excellent. Holland bulbs is the best source for lily bulbs--much better than more highly priced vendors. Their prices are so reasonable that you can naturalize with Stargazer lilies. Some of the bulk mixed glad bulbs (which are very, very inexpensive) arrived with a touch of blue mold this year but they came up nice and healthy anyway. Holland Bulbs is a great place to get great quality bulbs at very reasonable prices. It's number 1 on my list of on-line vendors.
Positive lovelola
Williamson, AZ
March 19, 2014
I am completely in love with this company. I've ordered from them several times, and have been pleased with the overall quality of the bulbs I have received. Barring the very occasional withered bulb, their products are healthy and have thus far managed to make their appearances in my spring garden (and they sure look beautiful)! We just purchased our first home last summer, and out of all the mail-order companies I have purchased from, Holland Bulb Farms is my favorite. They definitely keep me coming back with their sales, specials, and offers for free or discounted shipping, and their prices are right. I've recently purchased a bunch of spring-planted bulbs, some grape vines, and seed packets, and I will be excited to see how these perform! I would highly recommend this company.
Positive lsm1
Williamstown, MA (Zone 5a)
November 21, 2013
They have great prices and amazing variety. In the end of the fall everything becomes so cheap that I am tempted to buy more every year. The plants have been great and I did get replacement (actually credit) for plants that did not make (just some poppies planted last fall). This season they shipped me the wrong order but promptly sent the correct stuff (unfortunately some of my items had been sold out by them). I will keep buying from them.
Company representative comment on November 22, 2013:
On Nov 22, 2013 9:21 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Thank you for your feedback! We are certainly sorry that we made an error on your order, but are very happy that we were able to quickly correct the problem. We are happy to hear that you will continue to order from us, and look forward to working with you in the future! Have a great Winter season:)

Positive Fatbun
East Richmond Heights, CA
November 7, 2013
Recently I ordered 2 of their Halloween special Boogeyman Bulb Bag, which promised to have at least 250+ bulbs for $50 with free shipping. The order was shipped the next day and the shipment arrived yesterday. Guess what? They sent around 750 bulbs!!! That's like I got an extra order. I got so many tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, muscari, alliums to plant now. I spread all the bulbs out and just gleefully looked at them. All the bulbs seemed healthy and firm. This is a HUGE bargain! I really can't thank them enough. That's why I go online to write them a nice review now.

HBF frequently have sales and I'm always tempted to order every weekend :) Their end-of-season sales with free shipping have particularly the best bargain price compared to any other online companies. I've ordered several times and spent hundreds of dollar at HBF this year (2013) and all the orders have been shipped quickly. The bulbs were in good shape and grew well in the garden. Customer service is also very friendly.

From all this positive experience with HBF so far, this company simply has become my top 3 companies to order from.
Company representative comment on November 22, 2013:
On Nov 22, 2013 9:20 AM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Thank you for your feedback and kind words! We are happy to be able to offer such good deals on such great bulbs--one more way help fill the earth with beautiful flowers! We feel honored to be in your top 3, as we know there are many other great flower suppliers out there!

Positive LVerrico
Collins, NY
July 5, 2013
This is my first time on this site.
I choose to do this because there are a lot of really good on line pleaces to order from.
I have placed three orders with HBF one last spring first time ever after i placed my order on a Thursday that weekend they were haveing a 50% off sale on all bulbs when i called on Monday and said i saw they had a weekend sale and it ended on Sunday they said not to worry they would honor the sale and the free shipping well how great is that when i got my order wow was i happy the bulbs were packed perfect they sent them when i asked for them i live in Florida have a home out side of Buffalo and that is where i do my best gardening.I collect lilys for a hobby i have quite a number at this point.Anyway i placed another order this spring same great service and another for this fall they have a lily that isn't available from any more then two or three growers.The customer service i have gotten each and every time has been great and being in sales i know the difference so i just want to say HBF is a great place to order from.Thank you HBF.
On Jul 24, 2013 3:50 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Thank you for your kind words about out company. Treating customers with respect, kindness and honesty is always what we strive for. Along with that we are always looking for new bulbs and perennials to offer our customers:) We look forward to continuing this relationship with you:)

Positive lilaclily
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
June 19, 2013
Posted on September 17, 2007, updated June 19, 2013
I can't rave enough about this company. Great selection and prices, prompt shipping, and their Live Help can't be beat. I placed a large order and was very happy with the quality of all the bulbs. They are definitely getting ALL my spring bulb business in the future. Do not hesitate to order from them!
On June 19th, 2013, lilaclily added the following:

I placed an order for their end of season clearance sale - 100 stargazer lily bulbs for a fantastic price. So fantastic that I ordered 2 bags of them!! Honestly, I was expecting... well, end of season quality bulbs. I figured even if 50% of the order was decent, I'd be happy. Not so. I received 26 pounds of huge and healthy lily bulbs, with great roots!! I couldn't believe it!

Had a small problem with the rest of my order and Customer Service was quick to refund that portion since the items were now out of stock.

Now I have a bigger problem... finding the room to plant 200 lily bulbs!!

Thanks so much, Holland Bulb Farms!
On Jul 24, 2013 3:47 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

That is a good problem to have, deciding where to plant 200 lily bulbs!! We will probably be able to smell the sweet fragrance from your yard across state lines!

Positive wsucram15
Dundalk, MD
May 11, 2013
The bulbs were priced reasonably, came quickly, packaged well, had directions, most importantly, were in good condition.
This is a company I will use again.
Negative nk123
seattle,
United States
March 30, 2013
Be aware, Holland Bulb Farms is just one of many websites that the milwaukee company has. American Meadows, Holland Bulb Company and who knows what other websites belong to the same company, charge the same fee to mail plants, and always ship tiny plants.
Company representative comment on April 16, 2013:
On Apr 16, 2013 3:52 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

Although this you may believe we are associated with other companies such as American Meadows, Holland Bulb Company and others, we are a stand alone company and are not affiliated with any other mail order bulb companies. We are a small family run business, who strives on honesty, integrity and customer satisfaction. We are sorry that you feel our plants are small. While some of our value bag and jumbo pack items may use smaller bulbs, they tend to be very affordable, and we do list all the bulb sizes in our items, so our customers know what they are getting at the time of purchase. If you are concerned about the size of the bulbs you order from us, we suggest ordering top size bulbs, which are available in our smaller quantity packages. If you are unsure if the bulbs you are ordering are top sized you can always call us 1-800-689-2852 or email us [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you in purchasing top sized bulbs. If you have concerns or complaints about a past order please contact us and we will be certain to resolve the matter, as we want to make sure you are satisfied. Thank you again, and we are happy we were able to clear up the confusion you had about our company.

Positive flamingonut
New Milford, NJ
November 20, 2012
I placed an order last year for some cannas & dahlias. One of the dahlias wasn't going to be able to be shipped (grower issue). HollandBulb informed me and allowed me to substitute it with another. One of the original dahlia tubers was rather small, but I took my chances and didn't complain, but not much really happened with that one, but everything else bloomed beautifully. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
October 20, 2012
I placed an order for the Purple and White Fritillaria Collection,the Frantic for Fritillaria Collection and Beth Evans Corydalis for a total of 123.00 dollars. I received a box with four purple fritillarias and a bag of 6 black tulips.Upon calling the company I found there had been a mixup and my order had probably been sent to someone else. Holland bulbs sent me replacements the same day and the bulbs were large and healthy,the white fritillaria were so huge I had trouble planting them.I did notice that most of the bulbs had begun to send out roots which has me worried, I hope they adapt to growing in the ground.Fritillarias are very finicky and for the money I spent Ihope to see them above ground in the spring.
On Jul 24, 2013 3:46 PM, Holland Bulb Farms responded with:

We are sorry for our error that happened, but glad to hear that we resolved the matter for you! Hope your Fritillaria bloomed well this past Spring for you:)

Neutral buggzter
Ypsilanti, MI
September 29, 2012
Will update when I have a resolution! :)

I ordered the collection of orienpet lilies and a kopper king hardy hibiscus from HollandBulb at the start of the month, and less than 4 weeks later they are here! Very happy with the timing of the shipment compared to what I expected since their fall shipping JUST started. :) I had also emailed them recently to find out when to expect shipment, and they said around the first week of October, so it's earlier than I planned and I'm quite pleased!

Packing of the box was excellent as well - all the bulbs and plant were well bagged with tons of soil around them with low moisture to keep them healthy and safe, and there was basic planting and storage information included which was nice.

The first bag I opened, though, made me VERY unhappy. My hibiscus was TEENY TINY compared to what I received a couple weeks back from Hallson Gardens (about 10 times the size and nice a green!). The stems were all under 3", the two longer ones were nearly all black other than the last 1/2", and the one stem of the THREE STEMS that looked alive was less than 1" long and brown. No growth! All three were skinnier than the inside of a drinking straw, too. The roots were all flexable and not dried out, but the longest root was maybe 8" and dry at the tips (expected the dry tip - and sizes are accurate as I actually measured!). To plant this thing, I would need a hole about 4" deep and 8" wide one way, 1" wide the other! That's IT! The other hibiscus from Hallson? I needed a hole over 24" deep and wide, and it was the same price! I began considering a very negative review...

So I opened the other bags and changed my mind about the company. These lily bulbs are huge! They are all the size of my biggest tulip bulbs, big as many of the daffodils I've planted! Lots of attached roots, and look very very healthy. All 12 look great. Now to see how they grow - I'm very excited about these! I think I'll stick with the company for bulbs only, but not much else unless I find out most plants are much better than this - and if I find what I like elsewhere, I may just do that. We'll see, but these bulbs ARE gorgeous!

I emailed the company about the hibiscus with pictures of it with a 6"ruler next to it to see just how small it is and those black stems... We'll see what happens now! :) I will update then...