45 Wiley Rd
Blairsville, Georgia 30512 (United States)
888-404-4678

Notes

Classy Groundcovers is your source for the quality plants, perennials, grasses and ivies you want at a large discount off the price you would pay elsewhere.

You cannot go wrong with a Watchdog 30 site at Dave's Garden, plus we offer FREE SHIPPING.

Check out our specials and join our mail list for discount notices - you can take advantage of our sales and specify any shipping date when you checkout.

posted on February 27, 2006

Reviews:

Displaying the 50 most recent reviews

On Jun 13, 2021, paula2007 (1 reviews) from Silver Spring, MD

I bought over a hundred dollars of late blooming daylilles from this company and they sent me common roadside dayliles which I couldn't know until a year later when they bloomed. I have hundreds of the common day lilies and specifically bought the late blooming doubles to extend the color in the garden after the common daylilies were done blooming. This was no mistake on their part, they knew that they were sending something that I had not ordered. The late bloomers are distinct from the common roadside daylily and were shown by the Kwansa name and photo by the company on their website. I don't know how they got these high ratings that lead me to buy them based on the Dave's Garden reviews. I wonder if these are real customers or company planted reviews. This is a dishonest company.

Company representative comment on June 13, 2021:
On Jun 13, 2021 4:16 PM, Classy Groundcovers responded with:

If you believe that we sent you the wrong daylilies, why didn't you contact us? We would never send the wrong daylilies on purpose. It is not too late to contact us to resolve this matter. I found your order and you did order Kwansos, but you are mistaken that they are late-season bloomers. Even Dave's page ([[email protected]]) lists them as mid-season bloomers (regular ditch daylilies are early-season, reblooming into mid-season). The blooms differ, not the bloom time. If you believe that the blooms on the ones we sent do not match the blooms of Kwanso you should contact us and we can refund or replace them.
Compare the Kwanso blooms at the link above to the ditch daylily blooms at [[email protected]] - they are similar but have distinctions, you should be able to tell what you have.

On Jun 3, 2021, Cyanne (6 reviews) from Ellicott City, MD

I've ordered a couple of hundred plants in several batches, and I'm still surprised every time by how healthy and happy the plants are. Bare root plants with little leaves, ferns loaded with tightly coiled fiddleheads, and happy, healthy potted plants. I just ordered another batch. It seems almost unnecessary to leave yet another good review, but they really are fantastic.

On May 5, 2021, MudFingers (4 reviews) from Alexandria, VA

Purchased 108 Liriope spicata plants in c. 2.5" containers: all but 3 were severely rootbound. The remaining 3 were only moderately rootbound. A humorist would say that I received much more than what I ordered; a gardener would say that significant additional time was required in order to plant. (Cutting the roots to open them seemed as if it would have destroyed almost all the roots since they wound around the planting medium numerous times.)

On Apr 24, 2021, Jadwin59 (15 reviews) from Rochester, NY (Zone 6a)

CG has done it again. 25 healthy, large plants of dwarf mondo grass in small pots. Excellent condition, good shipping just at the time I requested. Good communication from the company about my order and how to track it. I will buy from this company again, especially for things I can't find locally.

On Apr 12, 2021, happygoty (1 reviews) from Media, PA

All 25 Elfin Creeping Thyme arrived looking healthy and full. Even though the delivery person left the box on its side, they were packaged in such a way that they were perfectly protected. Very happy. Thanks!

On Sep 7, 2020, meersr (1 reviews) from Murfreesboro, TN

Product arrived on time and in GREAT condition. We could not locate our product online in any other place so we were very happy when we saw it on Classy Groundcover's web page. We will use Classy Groundcover's again. Excellent online order experience. I Highly recommend them for your consideration! Ron & Karen

On Jun 23, 2020, SunnySavannah (1 reviews) from Savannah, GA

Have placed, received, and planted 2 orders for total of 75 plants. Prices are good, material is excellent, delivery as promised. Will order more in fall.

On May 20, 2020, GusCooper (11 reviews) from Marysville, OH

Ordered 50 bare-root Japanese pachysandra plants in spring of 2020. Plants were shipped very quickly, were packaged well, and arrived in great shape. All in all, I couldn't be happier.

On May 18, 2020, abromberger (1 reviews) from Clearwater, FL

Our first order was for 1000bareroot pachysandra inIL under pines did beautifully Now in FL liriope and ajuga small pots perfect Had a chat today with an online expert who guided us well for the next order

On May 10, 2020, Lornaann (2 reviews) from Mineral Point, WI

I have ordered hundreds of bare root plants over the last two years. The plants arrive in excellent condition with good root systems and well prepared for planting. All of last years plants appear to have survived and are thriving. I will be reordering as soon as I can prepare the beds. Classy Groundcovers is a very reliable company.

On May 2, 2020, plympton (13 reviews) from Plympton, MA

No complaints. Everything arrived in good condition. Would use again with no hesitation

On Apr 24, 2020, NewtonZapple (1 reviews) from Smyrna, GA

Wow! You exceeded my expectations by miles! I was apprehensive, since Id never ordered these online. But my Creeping Thyme just arrived in perfect shape, lovingly packaged and healthier than any that Ive purchased at my local nursery. And at a fraction of the cost! Thank you so much, I am now a customer for life!!! Shara Atkinson, Atlanta

On Apr 24, 2020, mfl (1 reviews) from Roxboro, NC

I am so happy I found you on the internet. I took a chance ordering from you only because you were the only place I could find the unusual plant I was looking for. I bought 25 and am coming back for another 25. The plants were in beautiful shape when they arrived, sturdy, healthy, strong plants. I think the price is very reasonable and the fact that you don't charge for shipping is awesome. When I sent in a question about my order, I got an immediate response. I'm sure I will continue to be a repeat customer.

On Apr 23, 2020, Georgia57 (3 reviews) from Jackson, GA (Zone 8a)

Ordered 25 Ajuga plants. Order was immediately confirmed, tracking number given within a couple days and plants arrived healthy shortly thereafter. Packing was perfect. Plants have been growing extremely well. Very pleased. Highly recommend this Company

On Apr 17, 2020, proserpine (6 reviews) from Commack, NY (Zone 7a)

My dad is homebound due to being high-risk for COVID-19 but does not shop online, so I ordered some Ceratostigma on his behalf after seeing the positive reviews here. He was very happy with the quality and root systems of the plants received, and I was also very impressed with the photos he sent me! In fact he asked me to order more items just the other day. Very convenient and safe to be able to order them and have them shipped directly to him for planting. :-) Five stars for plants, price, and service! :-D

On Feb 17, 2020, knm1110 (1 reviews) from Charlotte, NC

I ordered from Classy Groundcovers for the first time. I received the plants very quickly (within a few days) and everything was in great condition. I have several very long garden beds that are new (new construction and getting my landscaping in order). It's fantastic being able to order in bulk with reasonable prices. Everillo Sedge, Southern Shield Ferns, Astilbe mix--they all look great. I will be ordering from this company again, and very soon.

On Aug 28, 2019, aliceborchers (1 reviews) from Colorado Springs, CO

I am so excited to have found your website. I have been looking for some ground covers which lead me to you......looking for liriope/monkey grass. I just ordered some with bare roots and will be anxious to receive them and get them planted right away. I am starting a large landscaping plan in my back yard using primarily drought tolerant plants, and wanted this plant to fill in with some color on the borders. I used this plant many, many years ago in a different climate zone, so I am looking forward to using it here in Colorado (zone 5b). Ordering was very easy and the listings of plants was clear and concise. I will be using again.

On Jun 12, 2019, vermilionchase (2 reviews) from Vermilion, OH

I was needing to fill a newly created large space with plant material. To make it more difficult it was on a hill and facing a Lake Erie. I've learned that plants listed for our USDA Hardiness Zone don't always work due to the wind perhaps? Still learning there. Of course I wanted to acquire bare rooted plants because of the large area I was planting and not wanting to break the bank. CGC wasn't my first choice for provider but I got more comfortable with their website and eventually purchased quite a lot of bare rooted plants. Everyone says bare rooted have a lot of risk of failure, but I was pleasantly surprised with CGC's great communication about the order status, packing and speed of delivery. Now for results? 95% survival and 90% vigorous growth. I'm impressed and will reach out to CGC again!

Company representative comment on June 12, 2019:
On Jun 12, 2019 9:42 AM, Classy Groundcovers responded with:

Please touch base with us, normally you should not lose a single plant. Let us send you some replacements.

On Jun 2, 2018, beeglowbot (1 reviews) from Mineola, NY

very easy shopping experience. loads of information and variety. order was very compact (54 plants) and packaged nicely. plants were all in good condition and took right away.

On May 31, 2018, MaryDH (1 reviews) from Cherokee Village, AR

RE: Pachysandra terminalis They're so healthy! The plants arrived in great condition, and I hope they take over the shady (yucky weeds and dreadful grass) area quickly and thoroughly. The first 150 plants are in, and I'm sure we will be re-ordering.

On May 2, 2018, kanron (4 reviews) from Topeka, KS

Beautiful plants...well packed and arrived ready to put in the ground.....so far they look great. Thanks! Ron

On May 2, 2018, hollymaillet (1 reviews) from Charlottesville, VA

My order of variegated lily turf arrived exactly when requested. It was wonderfully packed, with damp newspaper protecting the little pots. I had a planting question and the customer service rep was very helpful. The plants went in and immediately perked up and started to take hold. It has been a couple of weeks and they are all showing signs of new growth. I couldn't be more pleased and would order again from this company.

On Mar 17, 2018, Sherrlynn (1 reviews) from Crowley, TX

I was so pleased with what I received. The Liropie was healthy and really big! I was so happy that I ordered 50 more.

On Mar 7, 2018, AtlSteel (1 reviews) from Cumming, GA

I placed my order with Classy Groundcovers on a Sunday and the plants showed up on my door step on Tuesday in perfect condition. I can't wait to plant my Black Dragon Mondo Grass. I wanted to order the Mondo Grass directly from a nursery instead of a big box store. It was a pleasure to work with Classy Groundcovers.

On Oct 2, 2017, vemcain (1 reviews) from Brookline, MA (Zone 5b)

Excellent experience both times I've used them. Healthy plants, prompt delivery, and very helpful service.

On Sep 6, 2017, JeannieB (3 reviews) from Clarksville, VA (Zone 7b)

This is my third or fourth order with Classy Groundcovers and each order has been for many plants. I cannot say enough good about the company. The personal service is delightful and the plants are great. One time they even called me to let me know that an order would be billed in a different amount since I qualified for a quantity discount. Now that is great service. No complaints just many compliments.

On Sep 4, 2017, bobthescgardene (1 reviews) from Charleston, SC

I have ordered from Classy Groundcovers for years and have always been more than pleased with this business. Easy ordering, quick delivery, and super healthy plants. I have a high end landscaping company in Charleston, SC and it's nice to have a dependable source for consistently quality plants.

On Jul 11, 2017, lisasmith6780 (1 reviews) from Roxbury, CT

I ordered one thousand of the bare root plants and was surprised to see that when they arrived that each plant had a small amount of very healthy green leaves already! They are thriving in my flower beds in Litchfield County CT. I am getting ready to put in another large order!

On Jun 2, 2017, stvwllms (1 reviews) from Alexandria, VA

I ordered 25 Liriope spicata (creeping lilyturf), bareroot. They were delivered promptly and in good condition. The bunch actually included a few extra.

On May 2, 2017, LouiseLutz (1 reviews) from Tully, NY

I was very impressed with the way the plants were packed for shipping and the quality of the plants. They were very healthy and robust.

On Apr 24, 2017, JPhelps (1 reviews) from Stafford, VA

Order some lovely little English Ivy Plants. These little plants arrived fresh and packaged well in their box, not a damaged one among them. We were only able to half in one weekend, sprayed them to keep them moist in their dirt ball and then plant the rest the next week. No problems. Actually we will be ordering more.

On Mar 2, 2017, katmom03 (1 reviews) from Franklin, TN

Bare root ivy plants arrived on time and in good condition. Have always had good experiences with this company.

On Nov 7, 2016, robin416 (1 reviews) from Summertown, TN

The plants arrived well packed, obviously had been watered before packing. I took the time to read the instructions before planting and found that I have enough time before our temps drop too low. They are all in the ground. So far I have not seen any stress from the transplanting. Now for Spring to arrive to see how they do.

On Jul 25, 2016, ESloane (1 reviews) from Lancaster, PA

I ordered 10 Christmas ferns from Classy Groundcovers. They arrived promptly in good condition (bare root plants) and are doing well in my garden. Instructions provided were clear. I will use this vendor again.

On Jul 22, 2016, MCCamel37 (1 reviews) from Long Branch, NJ

I have ordered from them three times (bare root plants and potted) so far and am yet to be disappointed. Each time the plants arrived on time, packaged with care and looking perfectly healthy. They were packaged in a sturdy, waxed cardboard box, surrounded by newspaper. Their "Plant Finder" system is a breeze to use and allows you to narrow down your needs and planting conditions to find what you're looking for. They also allow you to schedule your exact shipping date and provide an estimate of how long your plants will take to arrive based on your zip code. If you want to plant Saturday morning, you can very easily arrange to have the plants there on Friday afternoon, with minimal transit time involved.

On Jul 18, 2016, fhrush (1 reviews) from Sarasota, FL

I purchased 75 bare root liriope muscari royal purple from CG. Service was excellent from initial questions, through purchase and shipping, and website we very helpful for planting instructions. Based on this experience I purchased from them again.

On Jul 17, 2016, bamoceroci (1 reviews) from Dallas, TX

Nice size plants, good prices, shipped free and delivered fast. Happy in all regards.

On May 2, 2016, constantgarden (1 reviews) from White Heath, IL

Classy Ground Coverings had an extremely detailed, helpful website to ensure I was making the correct purchase for my location (zone 5) and area in my garden. They customized the ship date, packaging was well planned, and the plants were more robust than I had anticipated them to be. Ordered 24 vinca minor in 2.5" pots, 24 Liriope muscari big blue 3.5" pots, and 10 astilbe bare roots. The Big Blue started getting bigger within the first week in the ground. I'd have never guessed the astilbe were bare root plants because they were nice and leafy. The vinca minor are on a shaded, wet slope and I haven't noticed any growth after 3 weeks in the ground but they look healthy. I've been telling everyone I know about my success in buying online with CG and will continue to order from them. I wish they'd carry all plants because I would order from no one else. Thanks Dave's Garden for the referral and thank you CG for being 100% reliable.

On May 2, 2016, gardengal401 (1 reviews) from Catoosa, OK

Timely shipment. Great plants-big & healthy. I've ordered several times and always had a good experience.

On Apr 29, 2016, ralphwilson (3 reviews) from Dallas, TX

Outstanding quality and size of these plants. Free shipping was nice.

On Apr 20, 2016, df1332 (1 reviews) from Weatherford, TX

I am always apprehensive that the plants I order will look as good as they appear in the site description, so I didn't get my hopes up when I placed my order. Boy was I pleasantly surprised when they arrived. Full healthy plants that greatly exceeded my expectations. I will most certainly consider Classy Groundcovers in the future. I was also impressed with how my plants came packed for shipping. I kept the base of my shipping box to use as a tray for moving my seedlings when ready to plant.

On Apr 12, 2016, soclustico (3 reviews) from Seattle, WA

Received beautiful plants, packed well with no damage. Free shipping was a nice bonus. Will buy from them again.

On Jan 20, 2016, nylarry (2 reviews) from New York City, NY

Super easy site to find what I needed when I did not know what I needed. The plants arrived quickly, looked great despite shipment in cold weather. Packed well, insulated with moss and crumpled newspaper. Free shipping made it an even better value. The box got a little crushed by UPS but the plants were not harmed because of the cushioning. I will be ordering more in the spring.

On Jan 16, 2016, cubsfandave (3 reviews) from Chicago, IL

Good size daylilies, super cheap. Free shipping and arrived within 3 days of ordering. Great experience.

On Jan 11, 2016, miamibeachgal (2 reviews) from Miami Beach, FL

I have ordered from Classy Groundcovers several times, always pleased with the quality and sevice.

On Oct 27, 2015, drtoronto (1 reviews) from Toronto,
Canada

I was initially sad to learn that they do not ship to Canada (because of legal restrictions), but found a way around that: have them ship to someone near Canada and have them reship it to you in Canada. The small incremental increase in shipping charge (over their free ashipping) is well worth it.

On Oct 2, 2015, jtclarkmom (1 reviews) from Haslett, MI

Quick shipping. Bare root plants arrived in good condition. We planted within 4 days. They are mulched and ready for winter - we can't wait to see them next spring!

On Sep 28, 2015, mechanicaljen (1 reviews) from Knoxville, TN

Made my first purchase from Classy Groundcovers the weekend before last. I received my ship date the following Monday - and the plants were on my doorstep by Thursday. Beautifully packed, good size and shape, healthy plants. I was so impressed that I placed another order this weekend. Looking forward to planting more phlox this coming weekend :)

On Jun 12, 2015, msbjjg89 (1 reviews) from Travelers Rest, SC

I have been ordering from Classy Groundcovers for several years. This includes several varieties of ferns, a lot of vinca minor, and most recently phlox. Every order has arrived in excellent condition, packed very well, very healthy plants, and none of the plants have died. I have nothing but positive things to say about this company and the service I have received.

On May 28, 2015, MinnSheila (1 reviews) from Minneapolis, MN

Posted on May 28, 2015, updated May 28, 2015 Posted on May 28, 2015, updated May 28, 2015 Posted on October 4, 2014, updated May 28, 2015 This is my first order with Classy Ground Covers and I have been ordering plants online for many years. I cannot begin to compare this experience because other companies cannot compare to the Service, Speed, Condition of plants, Size and health of plants that arrived at my door yesterday! The website is AWESOME and each offering is lovingly described as to what makes it happy and how to best succeed with the new additions. The communication from the moment I placed the order to 5 days later when they arrived was beyond anything I've experienced before. I opened the box to find the bushy, green, HEALTHY plantlings - super moist and surrounded in wet newspaper to keep them so. I am so excited to see what next Spring brings to this neglected area of my yard... SnowCone Candy Tuft was recommended as a plant for this specific area and I have to say - it may be hard to ignore these lovely little plants! I have all 24 plants in the ground and not a one in the bunch looked peaked or suffering! I am pending the in-stock notification for the Elfin Thyme I want to get- and can only say - Classy Ground Covers has a new life time customer!

On May 28th, 2015, MinnSheila changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following: Sadly, I must revise my experience rating for this company. I have contacted Catherine regarding my concerns for the plants received last fall and have been treated with nothing but disrespect and an basically told I am a moron to think that a human being actually is involved in the process of customer service. She told me I got what I paid for, but this is not a discounted price..... I can buy this plant for the SAME price I paid CGC... I was so enamoured with the web site and felt that I was in good hands purchasing from this company. The emails received from Catherine are shockingly contemptuous. She does not even hide her disdain with a 'bless your heart' for thinking we give a damn, with 10's of thousands of orders - we don't need you measly few hundred bucks. So, buying from this company should be restricted to those with the entire Dave's Garden library fully memorized - real 'smart folk' that don't just read the specs and descriptions. Read more at: https://classygroundcovers.com/product/reviewAdd/291 Classy Groundcovers offers free shipping on quality groundcovers.
On May 28th, 2015, MinnSheila added the following: This mornings email.... please bear in mind I was not asking for a refund, I was asking for a reply to my concern. Hi Sheila, I apologize that you are disappointed that we did not somehow anticipate your problem. We process many tens of thousands of these discounted orders each year, your expectation that a human on our side review your order and somehow interpret the "appropriateness" of your order is unreasonable. Do you honestly blame us that we did not have a human look at your order, interpret all of the things we discussed, and ask you before filling your order? Such a manual service would cost 2-3 times as much... Be reasonable... you bought from a discount place that expected you to know what you were buying. It is not our fault that you made a mistake. (no signature so can only assume this is from Catherine )
On May 28th, 2015, MinnSheila added the following: Catherine: 1- I stand by my comments on your lack of ability to communicate with 'customer service' even in your thought process. I contacted you with the hope that I would hear that this is not unusual and or 'don't give up on them yet'. Not that it was my fault and so sad too bad. 2- Your company's self description should include the following - A- order at your own risk - the description and specs do not specify actual planting times for the zones we state they are hardy to. We are not responsible for any novice gardeners or dumb asses who expect any human interaction once your card is processed. B- We will sell anything at any time - You are expected to NOT to anticipate any sage advice, cautions or anything other than what our computer generated system will provide. The fact of the matter is NOT the dead plants - but rather your poor communication skills (you obviously did not write the copy on the website as that person had a soul). This is not my first rodeo. I was quick to praise CGC and did so gladly. I found your attitude towards my concerns abrasive and not worthy of positive promotion that I provided when I received my purchase. I support companies that deserve my loyalty and continued patronage. You should be ashamed of the 'bully behind the keyboard' mentality that you chose as your mode of killing that loyalty and future sales. My only fault would be if I ever purchased from CGC again, or allowed my original post to remain as a glowing testimonial to a Woman/Company that is as unprofessional as you have shown yourself to be.
Company representative comment on May 28, 2015:
On May 28, 2015 11:04 AM, Classy Groundcovers responded with:

Sheila, I am sorry that you took our comments to be derogatory. I was simply trying to explain why it is not reasonable to expect us to study everyone's purchase and consider whether they they might be making a mistake because of their zone or the time of the year. Some people plant indoors, where such factors would be irrelevant.

Below is the email exchange prior to the email quoted above, so people can read the context in which those comments were made.
===

On 5/27/2015 8:27 PM, Sheila _______ wrote:
> Wow Catherine.... I really studied your site to find what would be best for this area -
> If I had seen anything to suggest that this plant needed to wait for spring.... I certainly would have done so. In fact, there is nothing in my notes that would point to this 'need to establish'... all my notes from info on your site show nothing but hardy, ignorable plants.
> I guess your site is really more for the professional gardener / landscaper - who would know that regardless of the description and specs of a plant - that it was a waste of time and money to order them. Curious that no one involved in the shipping of the order thought it would be a good customer service move to alert the customer that based on the mailing address - these would not survive the rated zone if not planted 4-5 months prior to the delivery date. If I had purchased at the local Bachmann's - that would have been the case.
> As I already paid over $100 for this order I will pass on your offer to buy more from CG.
> Thanks for your note.
> Sheila _______
> From: Catherine _______
> To: Sheila _______
> Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:02 PM
> Subject: Re: Fw: Classy Groundcovers order _______
> Hi Shelia,
> Iberis generally survives winters down to -35F, but it needs to be well established to survive winters at the northern limits of its hardiness range.
> You transplanted those in October, which gave them no time to become established before being forced to go dormant and challenged to survive your cold season.
> The ones you recently planted will have all summer to settle in, develop deep root structures, and get acclimated before facing your harsh northern winters.
> I strongly suggest that you restrict your plantings to spring.
> If you want to plant more Iberis this spring I can give you a 20% discount code.
> On 5/27/2015 9:10 AM, Sheila _______ wrote:
>> ----- Forwarded Message -----
>> From: Sheila _______
>> To: "cg_______
>> Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:06 AM
>> Subject: Re: Classy Groundcovers order _______
>> Good Morning,
>> I am writing to tell you that of the 24 plants received last fall - all planted in the same area- and all that looked super fantastic upon delivery ... only 4 seem to have survived.
>> The four plants are small but have green leaves and a few blossoms - they look happy. All the other plants have zero evidence of any green and appear just as dried sticks.
>> I am super concerned as I just spent the weekend planting 48 Lemon Ball sedum and 24 Firewitch that I received from you this month.
>> If you would like photos of the Candy Tuft I can take some and attach to an email.
>> Please contact me via cell phone _______ or by response to this email.
>> Thanks,
>> Sheila _______

» Read the rest of the reviews