The scoop on 'Classy Groundcovers'

Classy Groundcovers

Classy Groundcovers has 143 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Classy Groundcovers is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

45 Wiley Rd
Blairsville, Georgia 30512 (United States)

Phone: 888-404-4678

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on February 27, 2006:
Classy Groundcovers is your source for the quality plants, perennials, grasses and ivies you want at a large discount off the price you would pay elsewhere.

You cannot go wrong with a Watchdog 30 site at Dave's Garden, plus we offer FREE SHIPPING.

Check out our specials and join our mail list for discount notices - you can take advantage of our sales and specify any shipping date when you checkout.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive happygoty
Media, PA
April 12, 2021
All 25 Elfin Creeping Thyme arrived looking healthy and full. Even though the delivery person left the box on its side, they were packaged in such a way that they were perfectly protected. Very happy. Thanks!
Positive meersr
Murfreesboro, TN
September 7, 2020
Product arrived on time and in GREAT condition. We could not locate our product online in any other place so we were very happy when we saw it on Classy Groundcover's web page.

We will use Classy Groundcover's again. Excellent online order experience.

I Highly recommend them for your consideration!

Ron & Karen
Positive SunnySavannah
Savannah, GA
June 23, 2020
Have placed, received, and planted 2 orders for total of 75 plants. Prices are good, material is excellent, delivery as promised. Will order more in fall.
Positive GusCooper
Marysville, OH
May 20, 2020
Ordered 50 bare-root Japanese pachysandra plants in spring of 2020. Plants were shipped very quickly, were packaged well, and arrived in great shape. All in all, I couldn't be happier.
Positive abromberger
Clearwater, FL
May 18, 2020
Our first order was for 1000bareroot pachysandra inIL under pines did beautifully
Now in FL liriope and ajuga small pots perfect
Had a chat today with an online expert who guided us well for the next order
Positive Lornaann
Mineral Point, WI
May 10, 2020
I have ordered hundreds of bare root plants over the last two years. The plants arrive in excellent condition with good root systems and well prepared for planting. All of last years plants appear to have survived and are thriving. I will be reordering as soon as I can prepare the beds. Classy Groundcovers is a very reliable company.
Positive plympton
Plympton, MA
May 2, 2020
No complaints. Everything arrived in good condition. Would use again with no hesitation
Positive NewtonZapple
Smyrna, GA
April 24, 2020
Wow! You exceeded my expectations by miles!

I was apprehensive, since Id never ordered these online.
But my Creeping Thyme just arrived in perfect shape, lovingly packaged and healthier than any that Ive purchased at my local nursery.

And at a fraction of the cost!

Thank you so much, I am now a customer for life!!!

Shara Atkinson, Atlanta
Positive mfl
Roxboro, NC
April 24, 2020
I am so happy I found you on the internet. I took a chance ordering from you only because you were the only place I could find the unusual plant I was looking for. I bought 25 and am coming back for another 25. The plants were in beautiful shape when they arrived, sturdy, healthy, strong plants. I think the price is very reasonable and the fact that you don't charge for shipping is awesome. When I sent in a question about my order, I got an immediate response. I'm sure I will continue to be a repeat customer.
Positive Georgia57
Jackson, GA (Zone 8a)
April 23, 2020
Ordered 25 Ajuga plants. Order was immediately confirmed, tracking number given within a couple days and plants arrived healthy shortly thereafter. Packing was perfect. Plants have been growing extremely well. Very pleased. Highly recommend this Company
Positive proserpine
Commack, NY (Zone 7a)
April 17, 2020
My dad is homebound due to being high-risk for COVID-19 but does not shop online, so I ordered some Ceratostigma on his behalf after seeing the positive reviews here. He was very happy with the quality and root systems of the plants received, and I was also very impressed with the photos he sent me! In fact he asked me to order more items just the other day. Very convenient and safe to be able to order them and have them shipped directly to him for planting. :-) Five stars for plants, price, and service! :-D
Positive knm1110
Charlotte, NC
February 17, 2020
I ordered from Classy Groundcovers for the first time. I received the plants very quickly (within a few days) and everything was in great condition. I have several very long garden beds that are new (new construction and getting my landscaping in order). It's fantastic being able to order in bulk with reasonable prices. Everillo Sedge, Southern Shield Ferns, Astilbe mix--they all look great. I will be ordering from this company again, and very soon.
Positive aliceborchers
Colorado Springs, CO
August 28, 2019
I am so excited to have found your website. I have been looking for some ground covers which lead me to you......looking for liriope/monkey grass. I just ordered some with bare roots and will be anxious to receive them and get them planted right away. I am starting a large landscaping plan in my back yard using primarily drought tolerant plants, and wanted this plant to fill in with some color on the borders. I used this plant many, many years ago in a different climate zone, so I am looking forward to using it here in Colorado (zone 5b). Ordering was very easy and the listings of plants was clear and concise. I will be using again.
Positive vermilionchase
Vermilion, OH
June 12, 2019
I was needing to fill a newly created large space with plant material. To make it more difficult it was on a hill and facing a Lake Erie. I've learned that plants listed for our USDA Hardiness Zone don't always work due to the wind perhaps? Still learning there. Of course I wanted to acquire bare rooted plants because of the large area I was planting and not wanting to break the bank. CGC wasn't my first choice for provider but I got more comfortable with their website and eventually purchased quite a lot of bare rooted plants. Everyone says bare rooted have a lot of risk of failure, but I was pleasantly surprised with CGC's great communication about the order status, packing and speed of delivery. Now for results? 95% survival and 90% vigorous growth. I'm impressed and will reach out to CGC again!
Company representative comment on June 12, 2019:
On Jun 12, 2019 9:42 AM, Classy Groundcovers responded with:

Please touch base with us, normally you should not lose a single plant. Let us send you some replacements.

Positive beeglowbot
Mineola, NY
June 2, 2018
very easy shopping experience. loads of information and variety. order was very compact (54 plants) and packaged nicely. plants were all in good condition and took right away.
Positive MaryDH
Cherokee Village, AR
May 31, 2018
RE: Pachysandra terminalis

They're so healthy! The plants arrived in great condition, and I hope they take over the shady (yucky weeds and dreadful grass) area quickly and thoroughly. The first 150 plants are in, and I'm sure we will be re-ordering.
Positive kanron
Topeka, KS
May 2, 2018
Beautiful plants...well packed and arrived ready to put in the ground.....so far they look great. Thanks! Ron
Positive hollymaillet
Charlottesville, VA
May 2, 2018
My order of variegated lily turf arrived exactly when requested. It was wonderfully packed, with damp newspaper protecting the little pots. I had a planting question and the customer service rep was very helpful. The plants went in and immediately perked up and started to take hold. It has been a couple of weeks and they are all showing signs of new growth. I couldn't be more pleased and would order again from this company.
Positive Sherrlynn
Crowley, TX
March 17, 2018
I was so pleased with what I received. The Liropie was healthy and really big! I was so happy that I ordered 50 more.
Positive AtlSteel
Cumming, GA
March 7, 2018
I placed my order with Classy Groundcovers on a Sunday and the plants showed up on my door step on Tuesday in perfect condition. I can't wait to plant my Black Dragon Mondo Grass. I wanted to order the Mondo Grass directly from a nursery instead of a big box store. It was a pleasure to work with Classy Groundcovers.
Positive vemcain
Brookline, MA (Zone 5b)
October 2, 2017
Excellent experience both times I've used them. Healthy plants, prompt delivery, and very helpful service.
Positive JeannieB
Clarksville, VA (Zone 7b)
September 6, 2017
This is my third or fourth order with Classy Groundcovers and each order has been for many plants. I cannot say enough good about the company. The personal service is delightful and the plants are great. One time they even called me to let me know that an order would be billed in a different amount since I qualified for a quantity discount. Now that is great service. No complaints just many compliments.
Positive bobthescgardene
Charleston, SC
September 4, 2017
I have ordered from Classy Groundcovers for years and have always been more than pleased with this business. Easy ordering, quick delivery, and super healthy plants. I have a high end landscaping company in Charleston, SC and it's nice to have a dependable source for consistently quality plants.
Positive lisasmith6780
Roxbury, CT
July 11, 2017
I ordered one thousand of the bare root plants and was surprised to see that when they arrived that each plant had a small amount of very healthy green leaves already! They are thriving in my flower beds in Litchfield County CT. I am getting ready to put in another large order!
Positive stvwllms
Alexandria, VA
June 2, 2017
I ordered 25 Liriope spicata (creeping lilyturf), bareroot. They were delivered promptly and in good condition. The bunch actually included a few extra.
Positive LouiseLutz
Tully, NY
May 2, 2017
I was very impressed with the way the plants were packed for shipping and the quality of the plants. They were very healthy and robust.
Positive JPhelps
Stafford, VA
April 24, 2017
Order some lovely little English Ivy Plants. These little plants arrived fresh and packaged well in their box, not a damaged one among them. We were only able to half in one weekend, sprayed them to keep them moist in their dirt ball and then plant the rest the next week. No problems. Actually we will be ordering more.
Positive katmom03
Franklin, TN
March 2, 2017
Bare root ivy plants arrived on time and in good condition. Have always had good experiences with this company.
Positive robin416
Summertown, TN
November 7, 2016
The plants arrived well packed, obviously had been watered before packing. I took the time to read the instructions before planting and found that I have enough time before our temps drop too low.

They are all in the ground. So far I have not seen any stress from the transplanting.

Now for Spring to arrive to see how they do.
Positive ESloane
Lancaster, PA
July 25, 2016
I ordered 10 Christmas ferns from Classy Groundcovers. They arrived promptly in good condition (bare root plants) and are doing well in my garden. Instructions provided were clear. I will use this vendor again.
Positive MCCamel37
Long Branch, NJ
July 22, 2016
I have ordered from them three times (bare root plants and potted) so far and am yet to be disappointed. Each time the plants arrived on time, packaged with care and looking perfectly healthy. They were packaged in a sturdy, waxed cardboard box, surrounded by newspaper.
Their "Plant Finder" system is a breeze to use and allows you to narrow down your needs and planting conditions to find what you're looking for.
They also allow you to schedule your exact shipping date and provide an estimate of how long your plants will take to arrive based on your zip code. If you want to plant Saturday morning, you can very easily arrange to have the plants there on Friday afternoon, with minimal transit time involved.
Positive fhrush
Sarasota, FL
July 18, 2016
I purchased 75 bare root liriope muscari royal purple from CG. Service was excellent from initial questions, through purchase and shipping, and website we very helpful for planting instructions. Based on this experience I purchased from them again.
Positive bamoceroci
Dallas, TX
July 17, 2016
Nice size plants, good prices, shipped free and delivered fast. Happy in all regards.
Positive constantgarden
White Heath, IL
May 2, 2016
Classy Ground Coverings had an extremely detailed, helpful website to ensure I was making the correct purchase for my location (zone 5) and area in my garden. They customized the ship date, packaging was well planned, and the plants were more robust than I had anticipated them to be. Ordered 24 vinca minor in 2.5" pots, 24 Liriope muscari big blue 3.5" pots, and 10 astilbe bare roots. The Big Blue started getting bigger within the first week in the ground. I'd have never guessed the astilbe were bare root plants because they were nice and leafy. The vinca minor are on a shaded, wet slope and I haven't noticed any growth after 3 weeks in the ground but they look healthy. I've been telling everyone I know about my success in buying online with CG and will continue to order from them. I wish they'd carry all plants because I would order from no one else. Thanks Dave's Garden for the referral and thank you CG for being 100% reliable.
Positive gardengal401
Catoosa, OK
May 2, 2016
Timely shipment. Great plants-big & healthy. I've ordered several times and always had a good experience.
Positive ralphwilson
Dallas, TX
April 29, 2016
Outstanding quality and size of these plants. Free shipping was nice.
Positive df1332
Weatherford, TX
April 20, 2016
I am always apprehensive that the plants I order will look as good as they appear in the site description, so I didn't get my hopes up when I placed my order. Boy was I pleasantly surprised when they arrived. Full healthy plants that greatly exceeded my expectations. I will most certainly consider Classy Groundcovers in the future.
I was also impressed with how my plants came packed for shipping. I kept the base of my shipping box to use as a tray for moving my seedlings when ready to plant.
Positive soclustico
Seattle, WA
April 12, 2016
Received beautiful plants, packed well with no damage. Free shipping was a nice bonus. Will buy from them again.
Positive nylarry
New York City, NY
January 20, 2016
Super easy site to find what I needed when I did not know what I needed. The plants arrived quickly, looked great despite shipment in cold weather.

Packed well, insulated with moss and crumpled newspaper. Free shipping made it an even better value.

The box got a little crushed by UPS but the plants were not harmed because of the cushioning. I will be ordering more in the spring.
Positive cubsfandave
Chicago, IL
January 16, 2016
Good size daylilies, super cheap. Free shipping and arrived within 3 days of ordering. Great experience.