2929 G Road East
Loxahatchee, 33470 (United States)
561-784-2413

Reviews:

Displaying the 11 most recent reviews

On Aug 2, 2019, 3saleens (3 reviews) from Mulberry, FL

First purchase from this company was a beautiful buddha belly I picked up in person last year. It did so well that I ordered 4 more different in 3 gal size which I had shipped to me. In less than a week they were actually delivered in a Tropical Bamboo truck from 180 miles away which was an unbelievable pleasant surprise. All four plants were beautiful and almost 6 ft tall and healthy! Now I just need to make more room for additional varieties! By far they best company to deal with for quality bamboo plants.

On Aug 11, 2011, luvcamellias (6 reviews) from Little Neck, NY (Zone 7a)

Received a bamboo with black fungus-looking stuff on all of the joints of growth all over the plant. Although they offered to reimburse me for buying something to clean it, that was something I shouldn't need to do. The bamboo is a good size.

On Apr 5, 2011, ricshaw (2 reviews) from Ventura, CA

I have ordered bamboo twice from Tropical. Very satisfied! Excellent bamboo. The only problem is their shipping calculation is not correct for California online customers. I ordered two 3 gallon bamboos both times. The final shipping cost to California was $79.90 both times (local P.O. calls it "dimensional weight"). Tropical charged me $50.50 shipping the first time and refunded me the difference. The second time Tropical charged me $59.97 and I paid the difference.

On Jan 14, 2011, michaelschulz (7 reviews) from Tampa, FL

Agreat source for bamboo. Great selection. Great service. Great plants. Michael

On Aug 22, 2010, GerBo (6 reviews) from Davis, CA (Zone 9b)

I ordered a 3 gallon Bambusa chungii 'Barbellata' 5 months ago. The plant arrived in excellent condition and has tripled in size since then. I'm extremely satisfied. The only downside for West Coast buyers are the high shipping costs but that is outside the nursery's control.

On Jan 14, 2010, Heavinscent (5 reviews) from South West, LA (Zone 9a)

This was my fist time ordering from Tropical Bamboo and Im very happy with the plants I received! I ordered 2 Bambusa oldhamii in 3gal pots. Both plants are well over 6ft tall. The packing was excellent the service was great and Im sure I will be ordering again in the future!

On Nov 9, 2007, jeffhagen (11 reviews) from Fort Lauderdale, FL

I live in Southern Florida and have many local nurseries to choose from when purchasing bamboo. However, in spite of the numerous nurseries in my area, I always choose to buy my bamboo from these guys via mail order. They have * The best prices * The best selection * Very well maintained plants * Courteous and knowledgeable customer service * Excellent shipping at a very low cost I've purchased several specimens from Tropical Bamboo, and I've never been let down. If you are looking to buy bamboo, no other place can compete with these fellows.

On Mar 24, 2007, litibu (4 reviews) from ravenna,
United States (Zone 11)

Perhaps the best selection of tropical clumping bamboo. I have ordered plants several times. At times they appear to be very small - depending on species, but it is the roots that count with bamboo and they always size up quickly -- so dont be disappointed if your plant looks a bit small in a big pot!

Company representative comment on August 17, 2007:

On Aug 17, 2007 4:42 PM, Tropical Bamboo added:

Just a comment, not a rubuttal on a positive review...
I looked up this account and recognized that this as a special shipping circumstance. The customer requests plants as small as possible in order to minimize the number of shipping boxes as they are to be hand-carried out of the USA.
Tropical Bamboo Nursery

On Jan 28, 2007, Floralkingdom (17 reviews) from Niceville, FL (Zone 8b)

This is my first time buying from Tropical Bamboo Inc. and my experience was positive. I made the purchase online, and was sent a confirmation email, plus another email the day the bamboo was being shippped. They arrived within a few days. I ordered two, Timor Black and Asian Lemon Bamboo, and both arrived very well boxed, and in great condition. They have a great selection of beautiful and hard to find bamboo. Highly recommended!

On Oct 24, 2005, FloridaGrower (1 reviews) from Winter Springs, FL (Zone 9b)

I purchased "Timor Black" from Tropical Bamboo, and received the plant promptly. It was packaged well, and in good condition. The owner Robert, was helpful when I called about a question. The plant is very healthy, and doing fine, even though I planted it late. I will definitely purchase more bamboo in the future from this company.

On May 31, 2005, GernBlandston (1 reviews) from Lake Elsinore, CA (Zone 9b)

I ordered four bamboo plants from tropicalbamboo.com, and received them well packaged and in excellent condition. Before placing my order, I called with a few questions and was treated courteously. The seller did not charge my credit card until actually shipping the bamboo. I do plan to order more bamboo from this company. Additionally, Tropical Bamboo only carries clumping bamboo and has a great selection.

» Read the rest of the reviews