73 Exeter Rd
South Hampton, New Hampshire 03827 (United States)
603-879-0085

Reviews:

Displaying the 50 most recent reviews

On May 10, 2021, Dlpinteriors (5 reviews) from Prosper, TX

NHH is the only place I buy hostas now! My husband likes to joke that we have the largest hosta collection in North Texas. I have so many unique varieties and all of the patterns, textures and colors are so stunning to see. How many hostas are too many for a garden? Asking for a friend. My husband just spoke up and said to also add “Hosta La Vista” to the end of my review. We have officially lost it and clearly love our hostas way too much.

On May 6, 2021, VRod (1 reviews) from Garland, TX

I found NH Hosta last year or end of 2019. So far I am very pleased with purchasing with them. I’ve gotten at least half dozen orders with them and over 20+ plants. Packing and shipping is done well; I’ve not had any problems with that on any plant. Plants come wrapped in news paper with plastic bag over roots to keep paper wet.Their plants come bareroot and a very fleshy and healthy. Some hostas are smaller than others with the same specified 4” container verbiage. When that happens I plant them up in pots to grow bigger. I made the mistake one time to plant really tiny ones out in the yard and they did die (lesson learned). They do have specials on if you buy over a certain amount (think it was $300) and you do get a percentage off for repeat customers (think it’s 5%) (you have to have an account for any of this). Not sure how long that lasts or if they always have it. If you really love hostas and like variations you can’t get in nurseries they are definitely a top choice. They also sell out very quickly so pre-ordering is a good idea.

On May 3, 2021, Fleurdsea (1 reviews) from Stuart, VA

I ordered 3 heucheras from New Hampshire Hostas and was thoroughly pleased with my plants - healthy and moist, the newspaper wrap packaging - conservation minded, and the timely arrival. Will definitely do business with them again.

On Apr 28, 2021, JoplinGardener (1 reviews) from Joplin, MO

I ordered six epimediums from NH Hostas and they arrived yesterday, as expected. The packaging was excellent; all arrived uncrushed and still moist. The size of the plants in 4.5 inch pots was double or triple the size of epimediums I ordered this spring from another reputable nursery. I was very happy with the other plants, and so am extremely pleased with these whoppers.

On Apr 23, 2021, kwmonk (1 reviews) from Evans, GA

New Hampshire Hostas website was easy to navigate and the video showing one of their 4.5" container plants sealed the deal. My order arrived very promptly. My plants look fantastic! They were packaged very well and marked as Fragile. They are so healthy and beautiful. The soil mixture is premium quality too. I am a very happy customer and will definitely be ordering again. Can't wait till the Hosta Forbidden Fruit is back in stock. Thanks NH Hostas

On Apr 22, 2021, rcgus (1 reviews) from Nantucket, MA

Posted on April 26, 2020, updated April 22, 2021 This was my first experience with NHH and it was a good one. I ordered Dicentra "Pink Diamonds" and was impressed by the health and good root systems. I will definitely use them again.

On April 22nd, 2021, rcgus added the following: I have recently received another order and couldn't be happier. The shipment arrived in good condition and the plants were extremely healthy and well packed. Another positive order.

On Apr 20, 2021, smariel (1 reviews) from Brooklyn, NY

Really can’t say enough good things about these guys. The hostas are beautiful, healthy, promptly delivered and they have thoughtful customer service. I bought 1 plant and went back for 2 more a few weeks later. I love the plants and highly recommend them!

On Apr 15, 2021, mtnester (1 reviews) from Herrin, IL

We've ordered from New Hampshire Hostas many times over the years and have always been impressed with the quality of the plants and especially the packing and delivery. The hosta we bought most recently came in a box that was adequately padded with newspapers. The plant was undamaged and healthy when we unpacked it. No broken leaves, no dehydration, green and ready to transplant. I'm leaving it on an unheated porch in its pot for a few days, then we'll plant it in our shade garden. We have never been disappointed with New Hampshire Hostas.

On Apr 13, 2021, Wethands (2 reviews) from Tracys Landing, MD

Second year of shopping with NH Hostas. I have never experienced any negative transactions. All plants have arrived on time and in excellent condition. I will shop here again

On Feb 10, 2021, VeryVer (6 reviews) from Middlebury, VT

I ordered from them last September (Sept. 2020.) I received fabulous hostas -- all of them were very big and very healthy. They were well-packed and delivered fast! Just great to deal with. Will order more hostas this year.

On Oct 31, 2020, rfant56 (1 reviews) from Texarkana, AR

It was hard to order a helleborus because all stock is depleted... THAT IS except for New Hampshire Hostas. My plant arrived quickly, well packaged and looks very healthy.. I have it potted up and it looks like it is adapting well... Will order from them again!

On Oct 23, 2020, dream_nomad (2 reviews) from Lincoln, MA

Ordered from NH Hosta for the first time last week, the garden watchdog’s reviews are accurate! This late into the planting season I was a little nervous at the appearance of the plants, as I have received many a horrible looking ones from other sites. But NH Hosta’s plants arrived speedily and packed to perfection. All the plants were of such good size, the plugs of hellebores that I ordered were larger in size compared to the other 4, 6” potted ones. I also love the fact that no items were sold out or unavailable, I have had so many bad experiences when I have purchased the plants months ahead yet when they shipped few of the plants were unavailable, all plants from my order arrived, and I am seriously impressed! I also have to compliment on NH Hosta’s selections, I had so much fun just browsing through the epimediums and the hellebores! I cannot wait till your heucheras are available! I will keep returning as a loyal customer!

On Sep 27, 2020, nanross (1 reviews) from Odenton, MD

This was my first order with this company. I knew nothing about them except that they had the ferns I wanted available. We are new to this area, coming from NYC with little outdoor experience. We have a lot of deer and other animals here and the plants we had here have been chewed down etc. I learned that Ferns are disliked by deer and the area is near the woods and shady. I wanted smaller ferns and a variety. From reading I selected a number of Ferns and New Hampshire hosta happened to have them all. I chose the ferns I wanted and called to ask some questions about them. They were very helpful and gave me some good advise. After I placed my order I called back and asked if I could add another fern to the order. They checked and it was possible. It was added to the order and they arrived the same week. Everything was well packed and the plants looked every healthy. Also appreciated the reasonable shipping charge. This was a really good online experience and I appreciate all the help.

On Sep 10, 2020, AwkwardFern (2 reviews) from Skokie, IL

Ordered three hostas and a fern. The shipment arrived promptly with everything carefully packaged and all root systems kept moist. The four plants are now in the ground and they are all thriving. I am in the process of planning a large shade garden in front of my house, and will definitely order again from NH Hostas.

On Aug 28, 2020, Mariemarie2 (1 reviews) from Carmichael, CA

Purchased 5 hostas from NH Hostas. I wasn’t the wisest because I ordered them in August to be delivered to California. (Some gardeners can be desperate to get new gardens completed. 😃). In spite of the heat, the plants arrived in perfect shape. A good size for the size I ordered. All planted and doing well. NH Hostas is now on my list of mail order nurseries - already planning my next purchase.

On Aug 26, 2020, Smithdogs531 (1 reviews) from Salt Lake City, UT

I purchased some blue hostess and Tokyo ferns from New Hampshire Hostas and was delighted by both the product and the service. The ferns started growing immediately and are so natural and beautiful. I actually planted some in my bathroom as well as in a shady spot in my yard and all plants look exquisite. The blue hostas are also lovely and something you wouldn't find in a local nursery. They were carefully wrapped with planting instructions and very healthy and well-cared-for plants. They are also a local family co. which I really like.

On Aug 12, 2020, wesa5690 (1 reviews) from Fairfield, OH

I ordered some Tokyo Wood Ferns to add to the hostas in my garden. The ferns arrived quickly and are in excellent shape. They were packed carefully and the soil was moist. I am very impressed with NH Hostas.

On Jul 22, 2020, JoyceMR (1 reviews) from Parkton, MD

I ordered four hostas. They came in just two days and in excellent shape. All are healthy and beautifully leafy with some blooming already. I was so excited and impressed that I ordered four more. I will definitely order from New Hampshire Hostas again!

On Jul 16, 2020, jackiehal (1 reviews) from Litchfield, CT

I love shopping locally (New England) and even more when the experience is great. New Hampshire Hostas shipped beautiful plants promptly with all the necessary directions to make my planting successful. Bravo!

On Jul 11, 2020, denenej (1 reviews) from Greenwich, CT

Perfect plants arrived perfectly packaged. They look so healthy; am excited to get them in the ground. Thank you New Hampshire Hosta.

On Jun 25, 2020, DennDevlin (1 reviews) from Cosby, TN

Delivery was pretty quick, plants all look very healthy. Packaging showed attention to detail and looked like care went into it. Selection was also great. Great experience dealing with New Hampshire Hostas.

On Jun 24, 2020, lovesawdust1 (2 reviews) from Schenectady, NY

Ordered one mini hosta from this company as a first time buyer. There was accurate communication regarding shipping and delivery times. My perfect plant was carefully packed to prevent damage and it made the trip successfully! The soil was still damp and the accompanying information sheet was very helpful. It has settled into its new home and is doing very well. What a positive experience!

On Jun 23, 2020, anitabuckley (1 reviews) from Hartselle, AL

I have ordered a number of plants from New Hampshire Hostas. I have always received quality plants in excellent condition. The service has been outstanding. Also, I have recommended them to a number of my gardening friends and I have had nothing put positive responses and praise for NH Hostas. Anita B Alabama

On Jun 7, 2020, jeangraef (1 reviews) from Johnson City, TN

My plants arrived in good shape and a day before I expected them. I love the hosta selection and the company's attention to detail.

On May 23, 2020, oldfarm3 (1 reviews) from Vienna, VA

I received my 4.5" potted Minute Man hosta very quickly, despite the covid slow down to business. It arrived in great condition. I had a moment of panic when I realized the Post Man had laid the box down rather than standing it upright, but when I opened the box, the hosta was so well cushioned inside that it didn't much matter which way the box had been handled. I am extremely pleased. The hosta looked healthy and vigorous, dirt was in good condition (not dry) and I planted it straight away. It was labelled, and I received planting instructions as well. Will shop there again.

On May 19, 2020, hgorham (1 reviews) from Carver, MA

I ordered 2 sweet hostas, milk and honey astilbe and the “Lenten rose” hellebore. Everything arrived looking healthy and well. It was all very carefully wrapped and packed. This was my first order from New Hampshire Hostas. It will certainly not be my last!

On May 13, 2020, lyric638 (1 reviews) from Falls Church, VA

I'd never ordered from New Hampshire Hostas, but was happy with my purchase and will return for more plants in the future. The plants I ordered were healthy and carefully packaged for the ride to my home in Virginia. I was impressed with the care taken for the plants. They are now in my garden and doing well.

On May 13, 2020, novembershade27 (1 reviews) from Ridley Park, PA

Just received my first hosta from NH Hostas! Very pleased with my purchase and planted my hosta in my garden right away. Came packed securely and moisture retained. I can't wait to see my wheee hosta grow! Thank you again. I will remember in the future whenever I need more hostas or to suggest to others for speciality hosta purchases.

On May 12, 2020, Jlthomas109 (1 reviews) from Williamsburg, VA

The plants arrived in excellent condition and I planted them immediately. Will definitely look to buy more plants in the future. They included a page of information including this site.

On May 9, 2020, sojoyful (5 reviews) from Merrimack, NH

I recently placed my very first order with NHH: three starter plugs for curbside pickup. The staff were very helpful by email, suggesting I wait a few weeks due to frost worries. When I did pick up, their curbside arrangement went smoothly. The plants were packed securely. When unpacked, the plants all seem good with many strong roots. Few leaves, and a couple of leaves on one hosta have brown patches, but the plants seem very healthy overall so I'm sure they will grow in fine. I'm very pleased with the quality of these plugs, which allowed me to obtain some favorites on a budget. Thank you!

On May 7, 2020, Leslieamelia (1 reviews)

Received ginger plants to plant under backyard trees. New Hampshire Hostas was responsive and delivered healthy plants, on time. Will use again!

On May 4, 2020, lidna20 (1 reviews) from Pittsfield, MA

I've been purchasing plants from New Hampshire Hostas for more than 5 years and have always been happy with their plants. I particularly like the selection of heucheras they offer. Five plants arrived today. They are just what I ordered and in great condition, as has always been my experience with NHH.

On May 2, 2020, chubbles (1 reviews) from Mount Gilead, NC

My order arrived promptly and was packaged very well. The plants were nice sizes and looked very healthy. I will order from them again.

On May 2, 2020, Melismac (1 reviews) from Green Bay, WI

Fabulous! I've ordered hostas from several other companies but NH Hostas send the freshest, larger and most healthy hostas of them all. The only reason they'd not be my hosta resource for all my hostas is if they don't carry it! I can't say enough good. They are wonderful to deal with and very accommodating and happy to help. The hostas arrive very carefully and completely packaged so that they'll arrive in the best condition possible.

On May 1, 2020, ngreenla (3 reviews) from Lisle, IL

Ordered a selection of Hostas in 4.5in pots. The plants were extremely well-packaged, not a leaf was damaged. I appreciate that they used old newspapers as packing medium, environmentally friendly AND I got to catch up on the local New Hampshire news. These plants were large, beafy, healthy and well-rooted. I am very impressed. Planted out 1 week ago and they appear to be thriving. I will definitely order from this company again. Highly recommend.

On Apr 30, 2020, ArlynnG (2 reviews) from Urbana, IL

I have ordered several times from New Hampshire Hostas, and each experience has been excellent. Plants arrive in a timely manner, well packed, and very healthy. The plants live and grow beautifully. When I have called the company to ask a question, they are quite helpful and friendly, even during the busiest of times. This is really my favorite online nursery.

On Apr 24, 2020, szim (1 reviews) from Morrisville, PA

I have placed a few orders with New Hampshire Hostas over the years and have nothing but good things to say about them. The website is easy to work with, the plant selection is vast with relevant and informative plant detail, the prices are reasonable, and the customer service is personal and responsive. The plants are meticulously packaged and shipped promptly when the weather permits. And the plants themselves are healthy and beautiful. Highly recommend!

On Apr 23, 2020, jnau (1 reviews) from San Jose, CA

This was my first time ordering from New Hampshire Hostas. I came looking for Hellebores and was surprised by the selection they had. Although I didn't purchase a hosta, my experience with P.J. Beaulier and the nhhosta team makes me consider buying some from them in the future. After placing my pre-order, the manager reached out to me and apologized in advance if they weren't being clear on the shipping timing of my hellebores as some were missing this in their product descriptions. My hellebores came in great condition and were shipped very close to the date that was expressed in the email months before. I've never been happier. Thanks!

On Apr 23, 2020, JHenryIng (3 reviews) from Indianapolis, IN

My second order from NH Hostas. Happy to report the plants I purchased last year are all up in my garden. This years order arrived exactly when I requested but because of some later than expected frost warnings I've waited to plant them. No problem keeping them looking great in the pots they came in. Already looking for some additional hard to find varieties. Keep up the good work.

On Apr 2, 2020, IAmGardenChik (2 reviews) from Middle Valley, TN

I received my first order from NH Hostas today - prompt shipping and excellent packing of moist, healthy hostas and ferns! I couldn't be happier with my experience with this company, and I'll be coming back for more. They know how to do business the right way, from beginning to end.

On Oct 10, 2019, oakpress (2 reviews) from Madison, MS (Zone 8b)

I've placed 2 orders with NW Hostas this summer and I'm very pleased! I buy a lot of my plants online because of the convenience. After seeing them on the Watchdog, I placed my first order. The plants arrived quickly and were in excellent condition. I love hosta (particularly BIG hosta) and finding them locally is impossible. I will be a customer for years to come!!

On Sep 12, 2019, fritscher88 (1 reviews) from Massillon, OH

Very professional and caring company..I was able to find hostas that were not available anywhere else..I received the hostas very quickly and they sent email confirmations to keep me posted..The plant can in a very nice NH hosta box and was packed very well and even though the temps were hot my new hosta came in great shape..Nice root system and healthy plant..THANK YOU NH HOSTA...will get more from you in the future..

On Aug 31, 2019, JuliSudbury (1 reviews) from Sudbury, MA

This was my first time buying a plant online, and I was not sure of how it would work. The clear explanatory video they have on their site made me choose New Hampshire Hostas, and I am happy I did. I got prompt delivery of my hostas, and the packaging was so carefully done that the leaves did not have a wrinkle! Pricing is reasonable and the plants look nice and strong. I will recommend New Hampshire Hostas to my friends, and come back to them next spring when I start gardening again.

On Aug 28, 2019, areburn (1 reviews) from Jasper, AL

Very impressed with the quick response from this company, the quality of the plants received and the price selection. Ordered on Monday and had the plants arriving on Wednesday ready to be planted. Can't wait to see them thrive! Will do doing business with New Hampshire Hostas again!

On Aug 17, 2019, Mreimer78 (1 reviews) from Saranac, MI

I have ordered from New Hampshire Hostas 3 times now and have always been extremely happy with the results. Plants are always well packaged and have arrived healthy. Two thumbs up!

On Jul 19, 2019, Erieside (2 reviews) from Euclid, OH

I just planted the hostas so that's all I can comment on so far. The starter plugs had lots of very healthy roots. The 4 inch pots were very healthy looking, tall, green, moist soil and roots. All were very well packed and undamaged. So far I'm very happy with the products. I also bought a fern and only disappointed that there was only one left but at least I got one.

On Jul 16, 2019, thejamester2001 (1 reviews) from Shawnee Mission, KS

Fast processing and shipping, plants arrive in excellent condition, and prices are reasonable. I have ordered three times from NH Hostas and will again in the future!

On Jun 27, 2019, milehighplants (1 reviews) from Denver, CO

So very happy with my dealings with New Hampshire Hosta. Placed order, which was hard in that their selection is superb. Received order in less then a week. A little apprehensive regarding the 4.5 inch and bare root. Boy was I surprised. The plants were extremely well packed and very healthy. Was concerned over bare root, as I have received other plants this way and was not happy. What a surprise, the health of the roots and top growth was amazing and it made planting so much easier then dealing with a plant you need to loosen and dig out the dirt. Thank you New Hampshire Hostas for having such a dedicated business...

On Jun 24, 2019, Windflowers7 (5 reviews) from Brooklyn, NY

I needed a specific Hosta and this was the first place I went to. Not only because of the reviews, but in the past I needed a Hosta identified, and I got a quick detailed response. This is a big order company, you can tell by how the order is handled. That being said, the hosta arrived wrapped in newspaper like they picked it the day before, which they probably did. I looked at it the other day and I can’t believe how big it already got! There are many varieties of Hosta, look here first.

On Jun 9, 2019, MamaTried (2 reviews) from Huntsville, AL

This was my first experience with NH Hostas and I ABSOLUTELY will order from them again. I ordered about 20 hostas (5 large varieties, 4.5" pot size). Sounds cheesy, but I feel that whoever packed my order did so with love, which explains why my order took some time to ship (ordered May 18, arrived at my Alabama home on June 7). Each plant's bareroot was carefully wrapped (its roots snug in damp newspaper then placed in a plastic bag and secured with a rubber band) and labeled with informative tags, including the plants expected size. Then the plants were gently packed in more newspaper into the box. The roots were clean and substantial in size. The leaves were all in perfect condition...on average, each plant had about 5 leaves. NH Hostas also included planting instructions and a little brochure. I can't wait to watch these hostas mature around my home.

» Read the rest of the reviews