1751 Beverly Street
Newton, North Carolina 28658 (United States)
(828) 428-9109
(828) 428-9109

Notes

We have over 30 years experience as commercial growers of pond plants (many unusual and hard to find) customer service is a priority! All of our pond plants and brugmansia are grown here on our farm in heated greenhouses.

You are buying direct from the grower, not a re-seller. We pay attention to detail.

As a koi breeder, mostly butterfly koi, you will find our koi very healthy and friendly to the owner.

Please visit us at http://www.bonniesplants.com

posted on February 2, 2011

Reviews:

Displaying the 11 most recent reviews

On May 17, 2019, Agnis (4 reviews) from Ridgefield, WA (Zone 8b)

I am looking for a particular Nelumbo nucifera and was happy to find it on Bonnie's Plants' website. Eventually I discovered the statement: we are not selling lotuses in 2019. So I phoned and got a very snarky person (Couldn't tell if it was male or female. No name was offered.), who said they only ship in January and February. I suggested that they say this on the website, rather than push potential customers away. I was told that the website does that. I said that was the point, the website needed to be changed. He/she went railing on, as if it were my fault that their business practice is not obvious. I won't buy anything from them.

On Jun 24, 2016, Ospreyeagle (1 reviews) from Wellston, OK (Zone 7a)

All of my veggies and herbs are from Bonnie. However, my review is NEUTRAL because they throw away a bunch of plants THAT ARE PERFECTLY FINE. I saw someone throwing away plants with peppers and tomatoes ON THEM. Stop. Please. Give them to the less fortunate people or school children instead.

On Jul 28, 2014, HomeGrownTomato (1 reviews) from New London, CT

On Jun 21, 2013, michmill (1 reviews) from Brigantine, NJ

Bonnie is not a nice woman. She sent me something I did not order and harangued me over the phone because I opened the package. She threatened to not send me my order. Not unhappy with her product, which eventually came, but unhappy with her lack of civility.

On Aug 9, 2011, blondeladybug (1 reviews) from Charlotte, NC

Says she stands beind her plants but she does not. The plants arrived in terrible condition and I am in the same state she is in. First tried to reach her by phone but she gets angry and doesn't want anyone to call her. Now I find that she is running this business out of her house. I wonder how you get a nursery certificate for legal inspected aquatics at a residential address? I bet you dont so the only thing alive in my pond now is some duckweed that came attached to the plants. So very upset!!!! Beware!!!

On Oct 2, 2009, angeleyes42 (1 reviews) from Van Alstyne, TX

I ordered hornwort & anacharis for my little goldfish pond. The plants were promptly shipped & arrived green & healthy. Buying on line is usually not a personal experience, but Bonnie made it that way. I received an email when my order was placed & another when it was shipped. I also got an email asking if I'd like her newsletter. Any commets I sent were answered. It made me feel like I could ask her for advice on any product she carries & that she would be quick with an answer. I'm sure I will buy here again in the future.

On Mar 18, 2009, Iris_Place (9 reviews) from Saint Charles, MO

Ordered Lotus tuber and it arrived in great shape, I followed instructions, not hard, but very important and is now sending up leaves after two weeks, will order again next year.

On Feb 25, 2009, ic_conifers (14 reviews) from Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)

I am disappointed with the lack of resolution for a lotus tuber damaged during shipment. I did not receive a replacement or a refund and finally gave up. Next year I will order from a different vendor.

On March 19th, 2009, ic_conifers added the following: The same day the vendor posted a response, I complied and resent my shipping information, which didn't change from the order earlier in the year. Nearly a month later, I still have not received a new tuber or refund or any communication indicating I would.

On Apr 19, 2007, gharter (11 reviews) from Waterloo, IA

My first order and it was very easy! Purchased hard to find Taro and Cannas for my pond. Very fast email response to questions. Easy payment through Google checkout. The plants were shipped quickly and well packaged. I was notified when the plants were shipped and when to expect them. Very nice size plants, healthy and very fairly priced. Would use again for pond plants.

On Jun 10, 2006, GeorgiaJo (2 reviews) from Dallas, GA (Zone 7b)

This is my best-ever, most reliable source for pond plants. And, more important, for pond plant advice. I have purchased at least 6 items over the past three years and feel comfortable asking Bonnie's advice about everything.

On May 24, 2006, lminker (2 reviews) from Browns Mills, NJ

Lovely person to deal with! I ordered several pond/bog garden plants and some plant baskets online and Bonnie not only shipped everything out to arrive superquick, but answered my email inquiries just as quickly. A very knowledgeable and helpful person. I would highly recommend Bonnie's Plants as the place to order from a large and varied assortment of plants. Honest and accommodating and her website is incredibly informative.

» Read the rest of the reviews