The scoop on 'Yamamoto Dendrobiums (formerly Yamamoto Nursery)'

Yamamoto Dendrobiums (formerly Yamamoto Nursery)

1468 Humuula St
Kailua, Hawaii 96734-3708 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Neutral Jefficus
Norman, OK
August 4, 2020
They have some of the finest nobile type Dendrobiums I have ever seen, but they closed their production facility in Hawaii, and they don't export to the USA, so you can't get them here anymore unless they are being propagated by private individuals, which is probably technically illegal, because there's a horticultural patent on most it not all of Yamamoto's dendrobium hybrids, although I doubt there is much impetus to pursue legal action against people illegally propagating Yamomoto's dendrobiums. You can find them on eBay sometimes, and most of them come from a single seller. I guess she's not worried about possible legal consequences.
Positive PinetopPlanter
Auburn Four Corners, PA (Zone 5a)
March 10, 2015
I was very pleased with my order and all communications with this company. I ordered 4 plants, mostly blooming size. The one medium-sized plant I ordered is coming into bloom now, about 6 weeks after receipt. I ordered Red Emperor 'Prince', Yellow Paney 'March', Wave King 'Akebono', Fancy Lady 'Royal Princess'. The sent me a lovely extra plant, which burst into bloom right away. A couple of the other plants had few open flowers, but many buds, which travelled extremely well and have opened perfectly.

I was not comfortable sending my charge card information via e-mail, but they were happy to call me at my convenience to get the information over the phone!

The plants arrived in perfect shape, well-wrapped, and of a good size.

Their selection is the best for this type of orchid that I've seen, with great photos of the flowering plants. I had found them years ago when looking for nobile-type dendrobiums, but at the time they only sold wholesale. I'm so glad they sell retail as well now!

Nice people, and a great source.