The scoop on 'Cherry Creek Daffodils'

Cherry Creek Daffodils

21700 SW Chapman Road
Sherwood, Oregon 97140-8608 (United States)

No positives

Comments:

Negative AndrewSpencer
Richmond, VA
December 20, 2017
I ordered a hybrid daffodil to be named for my wife as an anniversary gift. I was assured that this came with a certificate direct from the RHS certifying the name. For two years, I listened to one excuse after another as to why I wasn't yet in possession of the certificate. Finally, I was told he'd received it, but had shipped it to the wrong address. Somehow, that mis-directed shipment never got returned to him (despite his return address being on the package). So he said he'd expedite another one from London and have it shipped directly to me. Fast-forward a few weeks, no certificate, no word from Steve. I call him directly and ask for the name of his contact at the RHS. For some reason, he was unable to get me that information just then, so I went online and found it myself. To my surprise, I learned that not only was no certificate ever issued, the name I'd selected hadn't been registered by anyone. What's more, it couldn't be registered, because the name sounded too much like an-already registered hybrid. So this mysterious certificate that was mailed to the wrong address and then suddenly disappeared was truly magical in that it never existed in the first place, yet Steve still claims it did. I feel like the victim of a scam artist, and I don't believe a word he tells me now. Given that he's proven himself capable of lying to me directly, I now wonder whether or not the "special" daffodil bulbs he sent me were nothing more than a bag he found at Home Depot and claimed to have created himself. I feel cheated, scammed, exploited, the list goes on.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]